[TW1][mod] Flash Mod v1.01

+
[TW1][mod] Flash Mod v1.01

The purpose of this mod is to improve The Witcher gaming experience. This mod offers higher difficulty levels, game balance, bugfixes and new features. Flash Mod has been approved by CD Projekt RED and included on bonus DVD in box version of Platinum Edition of The Witcher.

Mod offers:
  • 3 additional difficulty levels,
  • balanced skills,
  • number of bugfixes and improvements,
  • fully customizable installation with the ability to install each feature seperately.

Supported languages: English, Polish.

Media:
Flash Mod v1.01 Changelog

Download link:
ifrit.pl
moddb

Just one question: is it necessary to start the game from the beginning again? I've just gotten to Chapter III. Can I still apply the mod without any conflicts?

yes.only few things wont work. item changes are .lua file based so should work immediately.things that wont work:- item descriptions and models on already existing items- werewolf quest reward fix- already existing enemies will give same exp (shouldnt be a problem since they respawn and new ones will be updated)it will definitely be much harder. humans/dwarfs/elves are tougher but at the end of the game probably still too easy. its intentional since geralt supposedly should mop the floor with them in up to 4vs1 duels. more is very hard. scoia'tel camp at swamps with their numbers is a killer. haven't tested bank basement yet. on order side there are a dozen or more scoia'tel fighters there.monsters are really tough. especially spectre types, carrion undead, vampire types and kikimore warrior is tough as it looks - real juggernaut. mutants should be badass too.when i made the mod i kept thinking "not enough yet, harder" :D. ye its tough but dont expect problems in 1v1 fights with weaker opponents. but 1 kikimore warrior was enough for me to run away and wait for regen (twice :p), but i ignored igni then to see how long swordfight takes. also i loved fighting ghouls in act 1. i imagine carrion undead as tough enemy type and they are. they hit often and dont wont to die. you cant solo ghoul without signs and swallow :D. once i entered abandoned home at night and wow, i was surprised to find a ghoul there. had to run around the table ;Dfist post updated

flashintheflesh said:
leveling changes-basing on "ending level" topic on Polish section, i statistically increased experience gain to reach level 50 at the end of the game. these changes are part of difficulty mod and might be crucial to survive.
Does this mean that you'd have to restart from scratch if you want to use this mod, since you'd probably be a few levels lower compared to original difficulty in the middle of the game. Or, if using a save game editor, how much should one alter XP to "cover up"?

nope. if you feel you are too weak you can level up on unlimited respawning points same like without the mod. what i noticed after finishing first act is that with mod i end it with same level as without the mod but without it i spend hours and hours killing monsters to levelup. just kill some monsters to make things easier.

Thanks for taking the time to create this mod it, definitely looks like just what I'm looking for to make this game more challenging and exciting. I just have a couple of questions before I give it a go.1.) If I install this mod and set the in game difficulty to medium will I get the benefits of the flaming cursor along with the difficulty increase? Or do we have to set the in game difficulty to hard in order to have this mod take effect? Not saying that I need the cursor indicators but it's nice when I play at night and have to keep the volume down (Yeah I know "use headphones"but I find head phones annoying and if I didn't have to use them it'd be great).2.) If I find this mod too difficult and want to revert back to the default settings how do I uninstall it? I notice that it changes some files outside of the Data/Override folder, so would I have to uninstall/reinstall the game to remove this mod? It seems like quite a few files are being overwritten and much of these files are impossible to access without installing a program to open them, so backing up all the files that are being modified seems a little tedious as a method to revert the changes. I have the downloaded Enhanced Edition so reinstalling the game is not a simple process for me so I'd like to know the risks before going through with it. I look forward to your reply. Neither one of these issues are deal breakers for me but it be great to know one way or another before I try this out. Thanks again for providing this mod to the community.

1) mod is working on all difficulty levels. playing on medium with mod will be harder than without the mod but in-game medium difficulty will be easier than in-game hard. for the flaming cursor, there are 4 ways to know when click again to continue attack sequence: - swinging a sword leaves trails in the air, last hit leaves orange trail, after orange trail attack again- last hit of one attack in sequence is marked with special sound- good timing is often enough, practice a bit and you'll attack with full sequence without sound and with closed eyes2) there are 6 files in the witcher/data/scripts. delete them, rest is easy because all files in other folders are mod files so delete everything from /uti, /utc, /override and 1 file from /quests folder. compare it file and folders in .rar archive. it will take one minute to manually delete the mod.have fun

Great mod, been using it for a day now.
I started using it right before I went to kill Ramsmeat and his men in Act II and I can tell you, I needed every possible advantage I could get. This included bombs, sword enhancements, several potions and a lot of luck ;D At the end of Act II I fought the Javed and his Professor, I geared up pretty heavy and again used every possible advantage I could have. The fight turned out to be extremely easy without me dropping below 90% health, but it could ofcourse be because I suited up so well and again was lucky with the hits and evades :)
So far I'm enjoying the mod a lot, it could still be made a bit more difficult, but that's just my personal taste.

thank you for input, its very valuable to me. there's a lot of testing to do. i tried every opponent type but not every boss battle. koschey and beast are only slightly changed but azar and professor were a laugh without mod so they are buffed significantly. if its still so easy i'll alter it.also i'd like to know how much are you basing on signs because i almost finished mod version 1.2 which increase enemies resistance to critical effects by 25%, resistance to burn by 33% and reduce initial igni fire damage by 25%. signs are great and needed but they should help winning battles not win them. now you can just drink Maribor Forest and Tawny Owl and burn everything with impunity. i hope that ver 1.2 will limit igni imbaness and aard stun/killing.

Am going to try this now. Will the mods changes be applied to other modules (eg. Price of Neutrality) as well as the main game?Thanks for your time & effort in making this!coaster

you're welcomemod will work with main game. im not sure if all changes will work with other adventures but most of them will.first post updatednew version of mod is ready. it focus mainly on decreasing signs strenght and balancing enemy attack (accuracy)edit: 2 posts merged

Crap, just now that I found out you get 375xp for a single Kikimore worker, you've fixed it! :DAh well, I started using the mod late in Act II, so I'll just use them to get on par with the intended level at the beginning of Act III and install 1.2 after that.

:)my experience rewards changes are not figured out of nowhere. these are original, base values increased by same percentage for all enemies. conclusion is that kikimore worker and alp already had illogical experience rewards in original the game, with +% bonus from mod it became ridiculous. i reduced the bonus to original value but increased exp reward from very tough monsters like cementaur or garkain. cementaur - real king of the necrophages, strongest carrion undead which with mod will seriously kick your ass after %increase still gave mere 480 experience and garkain 640.now for little explanation of sign strenght decrease. it will be hard to stun or knock strongest enemies. they are not supposed to be stun/killed in one second so their resistance to aard effects is higher on all enemies by 25%. igni sign always was a one great "imba" - unbalance. beggining of the game isnt so igni focused because one has just enough energy to cast igni twice. at around level 30 you have enough energy + igni cost decrease to spam igni 6 times one after another. drink maribor forest and towny owl and you could burn everything without drawing a sword from the back. igni damage is based on enemy max hit points so high vitality monsters were hit with obscene ammounts of damage. before the mod i could hit wesper - garkain boss for 880 damage!! and that was already with 25% igni damage reduction. with original igni damage i imagine it could be 1400. that's sick.considering the fact that in late game you can spam igni and after emptying energy bar, with tawny owl you can recharge it very quickly, 6x igni spam deals around 40% enemy total health damage, leaving them with 60%. this forces a player to think, fight with both sword and signs not just igni ftw!, and sometimes when you face couple of strongest enemies in the game at a time, kite, run away a bit and avoid being surrounded. besides, whatever damage igni is doing now, if you think its small, remember that igni allows you to deal damage from distance meaning you are safe from melee damage. igni will save your life quite often, just now remember bringing tawny owli hope you'll like the result.

Great you are still up to the task and BIG gratz on your progress!Would it be possible now, that you found many other ways to better balance the game, to give armors some boni back again (as incentive to gain them besides looks)? I know you disapproved of that due the very few possibilies to increase diffciulty, now that might have changed (I hope). Perhaps you could do an alternative version of the mod with armor boni back in (or perhaps 1/2 of the armor boni, if a quarter seems to be without noticable effct anyway as discussed before)?Anyhow, thank you very much for holding on to this project!

no need to make another mod version. this mod is special because you can choose the changes you like and leave those you doesnt. open mod rar archive and you'll see 10 folders. "all_in_one" folder means installing everything at once. 9 other folders are for those who want to choose the changes themself. just unpack everything except "all_in_one" and "armor change" folder and you'll have armor bonuses. be advised that it will be much easier, maybe too much. difference between order raven armor with mod and order raven armor without it is 60% more recieved damage

Hmm, another thing I noticed is that the AARD sign is still way too overpowered. But I guess there is little you can do about this. Yes you could make it only stun/knockdown 1 out of 50 tries but that basically ruins the whole power. Right now with the endurance I have and AARD tree 50% upgraded I can take on any enemy as long as it's not a boss (although mini-bosses also work quite often).Guess it's time for me to stop using AARD :)

well, i know i dont need aard 90% of the time but its difficult for me to judge when aard is needed for others to survive. i already reduced aard effectivness and i can guarantee you that most powerfull monsters in the game like garkain, bruxa, cementaur, kikimore warrior are stunned for mere miliseconds and knockdown doesnt allow coup-de-grace because its partially resisted. making more monsters resistant to aard would make this sign underpowered and obsolete but i can widen the list of "most powerfull monsters" so more of them will be resistant. basilisk and mutants come to mind. also a bit more resistance to lesser vampires and carrion undeads would make sense. remember that this bit more resistance would be nothing if you use place of power.thank you for your opinion, i'll update the mod.next version of mod will include higher resistances to aard on most powerfull monsters and forged swords fixes because there are many bugs in there, original bugs, not mod made.

flashintheflesh said:
i already reduced aard effectivness and i can guarantee you that most powerfull monsters in the game like garkain, bruxa, cementaur, kikimore warrior are stunned for mere miliseconds and knockdown doesnt allow coup-de-grace because its partially resisted.
Actually, I decided to make my post right after I got to kill the bruxa in the elven ruins by running into the room, casting AARD and killing it with a finishing move. So was I just extremely lucky or is there something not working as it should?p.s. I did not start over when installing the MOD (at the beginning of Act II), as I already did so four times now since the release of TW...

thank you for info.bruxa resistance is set to 0.05, which means they reduce the strength of aard by 95%. guess this 5% is enough to stun. they shouldnt be stun/killed, thats whynew version 1.3 offering big changes is ready to downloaddownload link and ver 1.3 mod description can be found in first post of this topic.

Top Bottom