[TW1][mod] Flash Mod v1.01

+
Hmm this mod sounds pretty cool. I wonder though with the EE inventory improvements is the 999 stack thing really neccesary? I find the new setup is finely balanced as it is letting you carry everything you need but still running the risk of running out of space at times if your too much a pack rat. Also I wonder if there are any economic changes? I'm near the end of chapter 3 an it seems like im starting to get very wealthy with nothing to spend the money on. Maybe that changes in later chapters but I felt like in 1 an 2 the money supply was better balanced forcing you to make choices an made oren quest rewards so much more sought after.

inventory improvements arent necessary at all but for some they are very comfortable. im running out of inventore space quite often with this mod. running back to inn to store goods seems fun at the beggining, later is just boring. of course if you dont feel the need for changed inventory just deleted the file baseitems.2da from /data/override folder.its normal you are getting wealthy. game is very money demanding up to the moment when you buy better armor. later your income is bigger then potential costs. i can do nothing about it, at least nothing not radical. you should be rewarded for quests after all, its just you dont have a good place to sink your fortune.my economy changes are 5 dice players who risk bigger money. if you didnt noticed it, its because the change is subtle, reasonable and realistic. dice is optional and if you play only to finish poker dice quest, total difference up to act 4 will be around 500 orens which isnt much when this value is divided by number of acts. dice poker is optional and my changes just make a way of earning money again. after AI increase in patch 1.4 many people found poker frustrating and dont play it anymore. now its frustrating but at least you can win something decent :p

Concerning the main Salambra camp in the swamp--stay on the wooden walkway. No more than 2 or 3 enemies can come at you at a time, and they all have to come from the front. A good Igni spell does wonders in reducing crowd size.

to defeat fleders in early act 2 buy The Book of the Golden Oriole (scroll) from thaler and make black blood potions. any blood drinker or flesh eater will suffer from this potion.remember: the game is never too hard. when amnesiac witcher is too low level to defeat particular monster, look for proper potion and oil.as soon as you gain silver talents i advise to run for knockdown and stun resistances.

new version 1.4 balancing boss fights is ready to downloaddownload link and ver 1.4 mod description can be found in first post of this topic.

Well, this certainly is insane difficulty. :) I applied the mod just before going to a certain base in the sewers of Act III, and the multitude of opponents there is killing me every time. I had to use my entire bomb arsenal just to kill the first wave of attackers after I got the documents. Whew. I'll provide more feedback after I see what other parts of the game play like.

i'll wait with anticipation.you are just not used to the new difficulty. geralt has so many means of killing enemies and player has so many ways to manoeuvre, run, jump out of combat etc. you'll discover everything again or first time while playing it.i just got to the point where i'm seriously disappointed by current difficulty. drawing 1-2 enemies at a time provide little challange and its good. geralt should win in solo when he is on high level but there are some serious imbalances in game. i'm adding damage multipliers to enemies now. 2 garkains can easily bring me to low hp but i just discovered that the same resistant and strong garkains in ammount of 6 or more can be killed in few seconds with rambo-charge and group style!! group style deals less than 10 damage but precise hit just slaughter everything instantly. i have still a lot of work before me. game is very unballanced from beggining. wherever you look there is sick exploit.soon i'll change the whole mod naming. 1.5 will be 1.01.0 will be medium difficultypre 1.5 will be beta2.0 will be hard[size=16pt]first post updated and reorganised.2 new versions of the mod available[/size]

I tried the "old"(?) 1.0 version - before the split into two separate variants, and I can only say that it made the game so much more enjoyable! Started using it in act III, using the same level as before, and the fights were really so much more fun now: challenging but not too hard. When saving Alvin (fighting in a tight spot with not much room) it meant a lot of Quen to survive at times, but that's how it should be. And finally Yrden can be a real life-saver since its purpose as crowd-control is sometimes wonderful. Really liked it before, but it was more for fun previously.The only thing I'm afraid of are those fights were you enter a room with a number of hostile people that attacks you right away, might be hard to survive those. And I have yet to try a boss ;)Goinig to try 2.0 now :)

glad to hear it.in epilogue boss fights quen + yrden is extremely helpfullnew balance changes will be implemented soon

I'm now in Act V and enjoying myself far more than in my previous playthroughs. This is the optimal game balance for me. :) The only drawback is that fights against multiple enemies can be rather frustrating due to frequent dying and reloading, but it just tells me that I need to improve my tactics. Thumbs up for the mod! :peace:

thanks.im extensively testing 2.0 version and version 2.1 :pafter finding out perfect fighting methods and leveling up the game became far too easy with mod 2.0. the problem is that level 5 sword attack is dealing obscene ammounts of damage.level 4 strong silver style attack using aerondight with argentia oil or perun rune deals around 5x 40-50 damagelevel 5 strong silver style attack with same weapon setup deals 4x 120-170 damageonce i learned level 5 sword attack i'm wiping out garkains with just 5 out of 6 attacks from sequence without using any sign. same with bruxa and fast style. thats too easy imo.the idea is that some regular monsters in the game should act like bosses. for example i consider cementaur, bruxa and garkain the strongest representants of their "race".cementaur - a king of necropolisbruxa - 1 step to becoming high vampire. you can hear about high vampires from dandelion at shani's party, they are next step in vampire evolution. queen of the night is f.e. a high vampiregarkain - strongest bat-like vampireadd mutants to the list as the ultimate threat in game plot.these enemies should be frightening. read "a grain of truth", a short story included in the last wish book. bruxa is extremely powerfull and now i'm slaughtering 3 at a time loosing ~40% hp or less.there are only few situations in game where you are forced to face multiple strong enemies at a time in small room. big spaces makes you unkillable, you can always run if you are in danger. i'll take all of this into account and modify the mod.those who know game mechanics well can use it to make fights very easy. there are so many tricks to cripple enemies and buff geralt.[size=12pt]did you know that:[/size]- pain and bleeding can reduce enemy accuracy and defense to the level that he cant hit you at all and you can hit fast enemies with strong attack? attack strong enemies with fast style to inflict pain and abuse this rule. later igni also inflicts pain- with quen and maxed yrden sign is a devastating combination? its not necessary to max yrden but its necessary to use it. you'll win last boss battle thanks to quen + yrden among other skills- jump and whirl from surrounding enemies. enemy behind you have ~100% chance to hit you.using all knowledge makes ver 2.0 very easy.

I've played through your 2.0 mod pretty extensively, and I think the problem is more to do with the level-up system than anything else - once Geralt starts to get Silver talents, he's a killing machine. I can beat the game with only the basic levels in all Attributes, Signs, and Styles - nothing beyond purchasing the basic level in each, and level 5 in anything isn't required. The rest comes from a good, strong supply of Full Moon, Maribor Forest, Tawny Owl, and Swallow. Every now and then, a resistance potion like Willow comes in handy, and I might sometimes use Blizzard to enjoy the bullet-time, but they're all very, very optional - only those first 4 potions see constant use.Well, with double health, double endurance, good regen on both, and good timing on the styles, everything goes down... But it's pretty much supposed to. Flash, I think your mod has produced the desired effect already: People are forced to play the game to perfection and use the built-in powerup system (i.e. alchemy) in order to win. As long as you stay on track with your potions and your fighting style, you're unbeatable - which is the entire point. With your mod in place, The Witcher reminds me strongly of Devil May Cry (especially 3 and 4): If you're good, you're unstoppable; if you're not good, you'll die regularly. If you want to make the mod harder, do what I did for my last playthrough: alter talentstable.2da so that Geralt only gains Bronze talents, with a few Silver trickling in From Lv. 25 and up. Even with limited Silver and no Gold talents, those four potions and some attention to my position and style will win the game -- but it takes a fair amount of work on my part to fight that well, and to get those potions made, so I enjoy the challenge.

Just a short feedback: after a dozen reloads and several different tactics, I had to admit the Azar Javed was too much for me in Act V. Therefore I manually edited his stats and reduced his VP by one third. Other bosses were too easy, namely the Koschey, Zeugl and the final battle. I liked the battle with Dagon. Although it wasn't a real challenge, it was one of those "stamina battles", where you have to hold onto your health and concentration for a long time. But those vodyanoi are easy to stun and one-hit-kill.

vs javed act 5
flashintheflesh said:
prepare white honey and raffard's decoctionfor knockdown drink willowswallow and tawny owl for standard regenwhen low hp drink raffardwhen toxicity is nearing 60 drink white honey and potions againwhen your butt is kicked you dont have to dance with javed, you arent glued to him. run up the stairs and wait for regen.burn him and whack him.run upstairs and go in circles around the room. keep enough distance to charge level 4 strong style attack, hit and run again. rinse and repeat.
javed is one of biggest game vilains. dont expect him to be easy though he is far from impossible to kill.new version of mod is almost ready.oh, for the tips against javed- before drinking potion use quen of course.

i'm glad people like it.there's still plenty of work on my list. i'll not limit myself to difficulty changes. new version will include huge monster rebalance, boss fights balance, talents description fix and in-game glossary update.there are mistakes in original talents description, i'm editing text now. glossary update means upgraded bestiary entries with mod changed monster resistances and tips how to defeat each monster.

Nice to hear, specially that tip on killing monsters; those were a bit too generic in the original and I think it's natural that a witcher has useful knowledge in just that.I'm playing 2.0 now, and it's definitely challenging. I often have to retry battles to get the strategics right, but winning them is so much more rewarding. :beer:On a side-note, since I work with software delivery I can't help comment on your naming of the variants :). You have version 1.0 for "medium" difficulty and 2.0 for "hard", and at the same time version 1.4 of your "releases" - and 2.0 and 2.1 in development. If find that a bit confusing, how do they relate to each other? I'd rename your variants to maybe "hard" and "extra-hard", and then have version numbers for those. But maybe that's just me, being damaged from work. ;)

Fiskrens said:
On a side-note, since I work with software delivery I can't help comment on your naming of the variants :). You have version 1.0 for "medium" difficulty and 2.0 for "hard", and at the same time version 1.4 of your "releases" - and 2.0 and 2.1 in development. If find that a bit confusing, how do they relate to each other? I'd rename your variants to maybe "hard" and "extra-hard", and then have version numbers for those. But maybe that's just me, being damaged from work. ;)
yes, i found 1.x naming unconvenient so i removed everything from first post, reorganised it and renamed.atm version 1.4 is named 0.9. i consider pre 1.5 as uncomplete "products".1.4 is confusing but it doesnt officialy exist anymore, you can delete it or rename to 0.9.your remark is very accurate and i feel the pain :) that's the very reason i changed mod numeration. next version will be 2.01 not 2.1. this should leave me enough space for possible updates without the worry of lack of numbers.

Thank you for the great work. Can you say, which language of the game this mod support and will be there any problems with russian version?

there wont be any problems with any language version, but so far changes in descriptions are present in Polish version. i'll update english version but the ammount of modified text grows bigger with every new mod version. translating it alone by one person requires plenty of time.

Top Bottom