[TW1][mod] Flash Mod v1.01

+
Hm I like that it adds in three quickslots and two weapon slots. Since A: The leather jacket is what he pretty much uses in the intro movie and he is using TWO daggers, and B: The excellent leather jacket has three visible potion holders on the jacket, yet you can only use two? Kind of stupid if you ask me.

Hi Flash, I'm having sudden performance issues in the Crypt (in Outskirts). Here is the issue:http://tw1.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=30172.0I installed Flash Mod with the installer that says (once launched) "Flash Mod ver. 1.0 Polish + English". Is this the latest version I'm using? Am I better off installing from the FCR installer but just choosing Flash Mod? Also, do you think Flash Mod could be causing my performance issues? Thanks!

Hi,I replied in your other topic. Flash Mod might be causing this problem but there is no error in the mod itself. The problem lies in the game and I have no idea why it happens, nor how to fix it.

Hi Flash, before i install this mod i want to ask you a few questions:1. Can you tell me which description belongs to which component in the custom instalation method of flash mod.Descriptions:
1) IMPROVEMENTS AND NEW FEATURES PRESENT IN MOD VERSION 1.0.1:a) Item Models;- Forged meteorite swords model (except for one) changed to Berengar’s sword- 3 yellow meteorite sword “rewarded” with special sword model - Ard’ayene- Temerian swords have new, previously unavailable models (model discovered by J_Slash, many thanks!)b) Armors- All armors have 3 potion slots and 2 short weapon slots.(only the Raven armor had that originally)c) Equipment- Improved “well stacked mod” (author of original mod - rcboothman) compatible with EE.(Some items stack up to 999 pieces in one equipment slot.)d) Camera- Inreased OTS camera distance allowede) Poker dice- 5 NPCs will risk higher stakes during poker mini-games. Changes are reasonable, not sky-high. Only wealthy NPCs have been chosen as they can afford the risk.f) Experience Rewards- Experience rewards redesigned throughout the game to reach roughly level 40-45 at the end of it. These changes are part of difficulty mod and might be crucial to surviveg) Quests- Included “werewolf fur” mod, allowing to gain werewolf fur from Carmen as a reward for saving Vincent- In order to balance out the new diffiuclty level, Vesna Hood has been tweaked to be more resilient. Read on the method to AVOID the unnecessary risks altogether here.h) Controls- Improved “walk mod” (author of original mod - J_Slash, thanks again!) allowing to walk using OST cameraTo use this feature, bind a key to new walk function in game optionsi) Interface- “Toggle GUI mod”New possibility to bind toggle GUI key in Options -> Controls. Toggle GUI will make it impossible to move camera with the cursor (as it disappears along with all other HUD elements), so you have to use screen-scrolling with shift to move the camera.- “easy=medium=hard mod”This mod allows to play on easy or medium difficulty with settings from hard, thus gaining both hard level and the cursor. The original difficulty changes remove the glowing indicator altogether, improving the immersion but making it much harder to perform comboes.j) Bugfixes- Devourers are now treated as carrion by the game.- Improved talents’ descriptions (some errors in English version, but the descriptions are much more informative and logical)- Switched bonus to talents “energy regeneration” from tier 2 and 3 stamina tree. (Before the fix, “energy regeneration” bronze level talent offered bigger reward than the silver level one)- Completely rewritten forged swords’ parameters to be more in tune with in-game descriptions- “Energy regeneration” from tier 2 stamina tree fixed. Originally it worked only when Geralt was poisoned.k) Visual Effects- Now all successful attacks leave visible wounds on character models - you’ll actually see the slashes and bruises.- Bigger blood decals.l) Movies- 2 versions of no intro mod disabling movies at game startup:a)no intro (all movies disabled)b)no witcher logo (but intro is present)2) CRUCIAL CHANGES TO GAMEPLAY:(all newest versions)a) Critical effects:- chance to precise hit reduced by half for second and third paces in group style attacks,- strength of precise hit reduced by 0/50/66% respectively for first, second and third paces in group style attack.b) Geralt’s talents and traits:- chance of recieving critical effects increased by roughly 10%c) Items:* SWORDS- swords damage bonuses reset, other bonuses left intact- in case of decreased usefulness of a sword without the damage bonus, loss is replaced with other bonuses;- because moon blade (silver sword) has “only” +100% dmg and dmg is reset, bonus is replaced with armor penetration like with the sihill- red meteorite gives following bonuses in swords:1 piece +15% chance to bleeding2 pieces +30% chance to bleeding3 pieces +50% chance to bleeding (+30% before)- damage dealt by Geralt decreased by 30%* ARMORS- Armor damage reduction reset, other bonuses left intact- Damaged recieved by Geralt increasedd) Enemies additionally strengthened:- all bosses (except the Beast), undead, mutants and strongest monsters in the game; basilisks, royal wyverns and skullheads are now immune to stun- all bosses (except the Beast), undead, mutants and strongest monsters in the game; basilisks, royal wyverns and skullheads are also immune to critical hite) Bugfixes- Kikimore workers no longer recieve magic damage multiplied by 100- Woref is no longer vulnerable to silver3) DIFFICULTY LEVELS:InsaneEnemy parameters:- health increased to 150-600% of the original value,- accuracy increased to 120-190% of original value,- increased dodge and parry, so fast enemies can’t be hit with strong style attack (since originally, styles in the game were designed not to overlap - you shouldn’t have been able to use one style throughout the game)- initial igni damage reduced by 50-95% (originally first fire wave dealt huge damage)- all kinds of specters and strongest enemies in the game like: cemetaurs, garkains and bruxae are immune to knockdown,- resistance to knockdown inreased by 25-600%,- resistance to burn, fear, hex increased by 25%,- damage dealt increased to 150-300% of original value (unlike in lower difficulty versions of the mod, human, elven and dwarven damage is also increased)- health regeneration 0.5-6 hp/sec.- undead immune to fearHardestEnemy parameters:- health increased to 140-200% of original value,- accuracy increased to 120-180% of original value,- increased dodge and parry,- initial igni damage reduced by 50-75%- all kinds of specters and strongest enemies in the game like: cemetaurs, garkains and bruxae are immune to knockdown,- resistance to knockdown, pain, fear, hex inreased by 25%,- resistance to burn increased by 25%,- damage dealt increased to 150-200% of original valueHarder (than vanilla hard)Enemy parameters;- health increased to 140-200% of original value,- accuracy increased to 120-180% of original value,- increased dodge and parry,- initial igni damage reduced by 50-75%- all kinds of specters and strongest enemies in the game like: cemetaurs, garkains and bruxae are immune to knockdown,- resistance to knockdown, pain, fear, hex inreased by 25%,- resistance to burn increased by 25%
Components:
1. Desription Fixes2. Max Armor Slots3. Toggle GUI and Walk Mod4. Balance changes and Fixes5. TPP Camera Mod6. Item stacking7. Movies8. Werewolf Fur Quest Mod9. Visible Wounds10. Poker mod11. Choose Difficulty12. Higher Combat Experience Rewards13. Armor Changes14. Swords Changes a. Models and Parametres b. Models Only
2. Can you explain to me the following components: a. Higher Combat Experience Rewards - Is this increasing or decreasing the obtained XP ? b. TPP Camera Mod - What is this ?3. Can you explain to me the Talent System? Is it the same as this one "http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/XP", is the max lvl 50, and will i be able to gain talents after lvl 50 ?4. Can you tell me what are the best components to chouse to instal from your flash mod so that the difficult will remain the same or easier ( what i mean here is that changes about the swords and armors should remain as they were or even better, I do not like when they are weaker than those from the original, also the talents, i would like them to be the same as here http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/XP or even better so that i can max as many skills as i want ) and without bugs, crashes, errors and that kind of things at all.I hope to get an answer asap.Thx in advance.

I tried using this, didn't like the nerfed swords and the armor tweaks, I removed it, and yet the sword/armor stats still stay the same.Can you tell me what has gone wrong?

Is there a way to Toggle the GUI while leaving the camera operative? I'd like to play the game with no GUI, not just use this feature for taking pictures. Cheers,Koala

curiouskoala said:
Is there a way to Toggle the GUI while leaving the camera operative? I'd like to play the game with no GUI, not just use this feature for taking pictures. Cheers,Koala
FCR has this: http://tw1.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=24499.0

What is in the file 'is-OL272.tmp' and TLK_FROM_BACKUP.exe Microsoft Security Essentials flags it as a Win32/Vxidl TrojenDownloader.

There is no such file as "is-OL272.tmp" in the mod and TLK_FROM_BACKUP is a simple exe that deletes modded tlk files (language packs) and renames backups to tlk. It's automatically launched during uninstallation to revert the changes made by the mod.As for your virus suspicion. This mod was released more than 2 years ago. For more than a year it's hosted by moddb and trough it by filefront, and from the beggining by IGN's witchervault. These sites require file authorisation by administration. They scanned the file for viruses. After more than 2 years you are the first person who ever connected word "virus" with Flash Mod.Also, if you're not aware, you can find this mod on bonus DVD with fan-made content in box version of Platinum Edition of The Witcher EE. This mod is officially a part of bonus material for patch 1.5. It was tested and approved by CD Projekt RED. Obviously it's also approved by me - official forum moderator and mod author - if that has any meaning for you.

Strange that it would be flagged as a Win32/Vxidl Trojan by my virus checker consistently no matter the source (I've downloaded it twice from witchervault and moddb) certainly is a bit frightning to have crop up. I've removed the 'offending' files from my system for now but i can see if i can post a false positive query to microsoft.

I just wanted to post that I also had the trojan alert via Microsoft Security Essentials.The alert was for:TrojanDownloader:Win32/VxidlLocation: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\the witcher enhanced edition\Data\is-7HPHF.tmpIt popped up as I finished the installation. I deleted it, as per Microsoft Security Essential's suggestion.If it means anything, I downloaded via moddb. Based on browsing these forums for mods, I very much doubt Flash is trying to infect us with Trojans. But, I also don't want Flash to think that Reialisorph is the only one to have encountered this.Edit: Just wanted to update. I decided to manually scan the installer's exe, and the same warning popped up that the TrojanDownloader:Win32/Vxidl was found. Here's the info from Microsoft Security Essentials:containerfile:C:\Users\UserName\Downloads\2009-01-25-Flash_Mod.exefile:C:\Users\UserName\Downloads\2009-01-25-Flash_Mod.exe->(inno#000005)I have no idea what ->(inno#000005) means. Thought I'd post if it helps to get to the bottom of this. Again, I'm sure Flash isn't trying to throw Trojans at us based on his long record modding this game, but it would still be good to resolve whether this is a false positive or not.Lastly, I have an issue when playing the game. I am walking, by default, in OST camera. My understanding is that walking should be an option in that camera mode and that there should be a key assignable to toggle this (please correct me if I'm wrong). There is no key option for this under the Controls options. Is this a sign the installation wasn't completed all the way?Thanks.

You should be able to bind the key in control options. No idea what happens when you delete tmp file - temporary file during installation. Definitely Geralt is not meant to walk by default in OTS.I'm using Avira AntiVir and it never reported anything wrong with mod files and the mod wasn't updated for 13 months. Apparantly during these 13 months Microsoft came up with something new.

I just installed Avira AntiVir (free version). While it detected nothing when scanning the installer, it did throw warnings when actually running the installer. Here are the messages:Virus or unwanted program 'TR/Dldr.Vxidl.89 [trojan]'detected in file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\the witcher enhanced edition\Data\TLK_from_backup.exe.Action performed: Allow accessVirus or unwanted program 'TR/Dldr.Vxidl.89 [trojan]'detected in file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\the witcher enhanced edition\Data\is-CIVO9.tmp.Action performed: Allow accessVirus or unwanted program 'TR/Dldr.Vxidl.89 [trojan]'detected in file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\the witcher enhanced edition\Data\TLK_from_backup.exe.Action performed: Deny accessThat third one popped up four times in a row in the event log. I'm still assuming it's a false positive, but did want to show that Microsoft Security Essentials isn't the only one that picks this up, though it's the only one that's done so when scanning the installer directly. As far as my walking issue goes, I assumed as much that the installation did not fully complete. I've re-installed it, and even though Avira threw up those warnings and deleted the files it detected TR/Dldr.Vxidl.89 in, it seems to have installed fine this time around as the Walk keybind shows up under Controls now. Thank you.

Like I said, I haven't touched this mod for 13 months. I can't help the fact that a simple exe is recognised as a virus after 21 months from file creation. 'Modification date' on file is 28-05-2009.Anyway, if someone is worried about this file you can delete it. It's not needed for mod to work. It's only used to delete modded tlk files and rename dialog_3.backup and dialog_5.backup to *.tlk during uninstallation. You can do this manually if you wish.

Sevril said:
I just installed Avira AntiVir (free version). While it detected nothing when scanning the installer, it did throw warnings when actually running the installer. Here are the messages:
Better to report it as false positive to Avira

I just got my hands on the game and I installed this mod since it seems cool stuff and it was something in the direction I was looking for. Just I am not sure the installation was successful: from the change list
I read that now armors have 3 quick slot for potions but the leather armor received at the end of the prologue displays just one slot. Anything went wrong during the installation of the mod ?
Morover I'd like play on harder, I installed "full harder" and the I started a new game on the setting "hard" is it ok or the new level should appear as choice?

Thx in advance.

Just thought i would drop by and add my comment and vote,

Well i haven't played witcher 1 in a few months (gonna go back thought) and when i did i played and beat it on insane, really loved every bit of it! my friends and family said i was nuts for doing that but hey it's not all that tough when you learn everything and adapt!

don't think i'll ever play anything else besides insane :D

Hi sir Flash,

I hope you still read this thread because I registered just to ask you a question xD

Anyway, the question is this:

Does your other mod (i believe it's also yours) Difficulty Potions also work with this mod?

And if I choose easy (vanilla)+Harder (Flash modded) is it the same as normal (vanilla)+Harder (Flash modded)? Or is it slightly easier?
Sorry if its a dumb question, probably is, since I feel so dumb asking it, but I'm so sleepy that it almost makes sense in my mind ;)

Well, anyway thanks in advance and thanks also for the great mod.

Top Bottom