[TW1][mod] Flash Mod v1.01

+
english is enough after i'll translate descriptions. making Polish ones took me about 20 hours :dead:

I think english version have no such charm, as polish or russian is (rare thing, but truth). All dialogues already in memory, so the best choice - the Polish version nevertheless.Well- good luck with your work, I will watch for your progress

Damn it! Release of EE didn't made me play THe Witcher again... I was just going to start Mass Effect but you had to do that Flash :( You made me play TW again. I hope you are happy now. Sneaky b****rd! ;)

for your information i managed to finish mass effect twice just before EE release ;D. ME suffer from the same problem TW did, its too easy. unfortunately modding ME is very hard if not impossible so geralt wins with shepard.new version of mod is ready in Polish version. english version will miss in-game "how to kill" tips and talents description fixes. translating it will take me some time since i have to focus on studying now. if you dont mind missing monster guide and talents descriptions which is rather aesthetic i can release new mod earlier here and update it when i have time.

This mod looks seriously awesome.I am early on in the game (with no mod) and was finding it really fun until it started getting too easy. I just walked into the crypt and killed 4 ghouls at once easy as. Considering they are twice my size I thought that was dumb.Will be trying this out. Hopefully it makes things exciting agani

Does this mod make group style attack less strong?In my opinion, the styles should be like thisStrong: lots of damage but slower (obviously)Fast: fast but not so much damage (obviously)Group: Even less damage than fast. Imo this should be much reduced damage, with the main purpose being stopping the enemies from attacking you.I havn't actually used this mod yet, just asking questions

yes. most monsters are completely resistant to it and precise hit is nerfed. humans will still die from it but someone should. otherwise it would be useless skill.

Awesome.I'm finding the Cockatrice impossible to kill with this mod. Any tips?I'm in the sewers and all my belongings have been taken away. I have a silver sword, and I have applied a +20% damage grindstone. I have found that Igni seems to stun it for a while, so i cast that on it whenever I can. I'm also using blizzard. And 100% increase sign damage from a place of power. AND a knight fighting beside me (who dies in like... 1 hit)With all this I still can't kill the Cockatrice.Since the Cockatrice seems to be stunned by my Igni fire, i though maybe I could use a torch as a weapon. But the Cockatrice seems to be able to dodge every attack with that

I hadn't installed this mod when at the ***** (by which I believe you mean the c****trice ;)). I guess it can be hard since you don't have much in inventory to help you and haven't come very far signs-wise, but I'd stick to Aard and do lots of "running and backstabbing" i.e. keep moving all the time and just do single attacks. Attack chains may do more damage, but also leaves you more vulnerable. If all else fails, go back a level (or use save game editor to redistribute talents) to get more helpful talents, like Incineration/Stun/Gust.I don't know if it's possible for the mod to change the difficulty of just this beast without changing all ****'s, since it's only an "instance" of the **** species.

here's skoffin fight on difficulty mod version 3.0 available at Polish section. in version 3.0 skoffin has +50% damage and higher defense still as you can see a level 13 witcher can easily kill him. i made this fight (relatively) easy on purpouse since there's no access to advanced alchemy and geralt is low level at the time of the battle.igni - ignitefast style inficts pain which lowers defense to the level that you have 20% chance to hit with scoffin with strong stylestrong style inficts bleeding which further decrease defense to the level that you have 70% chance to hit with strong stylestrong style is devastating against fast enemiesdead scoffinno circle of power usedpotions: swallow and tawny owlhttp://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=GaSkG4MDlJIsorry for poor quality. thats my first movie ever on youtube and i have slow upload speed.i'll make movies on youtube on request if anyone find some battle too difficult. movies will be made on highest difficulty version of the mod.just write if you find some battle impossible.

any idea when you might be releasing the next version - i'm think of giving it a try (although I'll probably just end up dead :eek:)BTW, how would your hardest difficulty on medium settings compare to hard without your settings - i think there might be some people who like medium due to the flaming curser (& that we're slow on a keyboard ;)) but want a much harder challange because the enemies in the later chapters are just too easy

medium difficulty means:dealing +50% dmgrecieving -30% dmg30% higher resistance to critical effects: pain, bleeding, blind, burn, poison and charm40% higher resistance to critical effects: stun, knockdownin short, its veryyyy easy. but... i can make a little mod allowing to make medium and hard equally difficult which means that you can have same difficulty with flaming cursor.you can download new Polish versions of the mod from here:version 1.01 - medium difficultyhttp://rapidshare.com/files/153131481/flash_mod_1.01.rar.htmlhttp://www.speedyshare.com/524374390.htmlversion 2.01 - hard difficultyhttp://rapidshare.com/files/153132217/flash_mod_2.01.rar.htmlhttp://www.speedyshare.com/134520272.htmlversion 3.0 - highest difficultyhttp://rapidshare.com/files/153146078/flash_mod_3.0.rar.htmlhttp://www.speedyshare.com/619302304.htmlPolish version will be incomplite in other language versions because you wont see part of new features like: in-game "how to kil each enemy" tips and talents description fixes.translation these text features takes is very slow for one person. cant tell when exactly English version will be ready.new versions changes:- all successfull attacks will leave visible wounds on characters model- you'll actually see the wounds.- blood decals bit biggerblood decals and wounds mod was done before and available on forum but its hard to obtain because of required registration and sending mod via email. changes in my mod are all made by myself, i didnt get the mod from other people. its not original idea but it is my work.- 2 versions of no intro mod disabling movies at game startup;1) no intro (all movies disabled) - default2) no logo (intro is present) - in "no logo.rar" archivemod 3.0 is completely new difficulty, higher then in mod 2.0. every fight was completely tested and its possible to win. lot of tactics and equipment is needed to win there but its still easy when one follow in-game guide (sadly unavailable in english version yet).until i finish mod translation, if you have problems with enemies ill give tips here on forum.

I think if you made a mod that turned medium to hard you would have made 1 of the most popular mods here (I think lots of people have asked for this). So yes please, do make such a mod - I'm sure it will be greatly appreciated!!!For us english users, how would the polish version effect our games? Would it mess up the descriptions? are the instructions that show what has been changed in each version in English?

installing Polish version wont mess with anything. language pack is placed in different files so altering these files in mod for Polish version wont affect at all English version. also for Polish users there's "backup.rar" archive inside mod, containing original file.i'll upload medium=hard mod in 2 hours. now im a bit busy. the problem with medium=hard mod is that you will have to start new game to make it work.done._________________________________________________________new mod ready to download from attachment in first post.mod for players which modestly started the game on low or medium difficulty doubting in own skills, passed part of the game and realised its too easy. these players have 2 choices:1) start new game on hard, finish same quests again, collect same herbs, kill same enemies2) continue with mod easy = medium = hardmod makes all difficulty levels equal. for those who doesnt noticed another way of using this mod, here's a hint: now you can play on high difficulty with flaming cursor marking next attack in the sequence. just play on medium or easy and you'll enjoy the cursor with hard difficulty._________________________________________________________

yes, werewolf quest fix changes her model. i'll post version with new model for those who like it more.in the meantime, here's a fight vs 3 caileeches on 3.0 mod, done on request from Polish topic: http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=q-bDFSKv99wof course in game you absolutely dont have to fight 3 of them same time, you can draw 1, kill and draw another. movie was made because one user thought its impossible to kill 3.witcher level 34strength 5dexterity 5stamina 5inteligence 5igni 4style 3yrden 2potions: swallow, tawny owl, black blood, catoil against carrion eatersas you can see mobility is very important. talking about mobility i mean taking proper position in battle so only 1 enemy can hit you. when 2 other caileeches came too far i broke the sequence and repositioned. of course i made few (lot) mistakes.yrden is very important. on movie you can see just yrden 2 with bonuses but its strong regardless. where fast style didnt inflict the pain, yrden and igni helped.i tried to avoid sign spam but full energy bar yelled "cast a sign" :). havent used a single aard.so i fought caileeches, made a movie and then fought some more and whole time i had a feeling there's something wrong. strength 5, strong style 3 with bonuses, oil against carrion eaters and only 20 damage? i appeared that caileeches were classified as vampires not carrion :eek:. mod didnt change it, these are settings from original game. i consider it another little bug so i've fixed it. now oil properly adds +100% damage.movie was made before the fix so there's still some margin of error in fights even without oil. with fix there'll be +100% damage from swords.you can download the fix from post attachment. to install it, unpack the archive into "the witcher/data/utc/" folder and overwrite existing files.expect carmen model soon.

Finally killed the clockitrice. Didn't realise I could just stun it and finish it ::) An issue I have with this mod is when fighting a group, if Geralt does a long finishing move, people keep attacking him while he is annoyingly slowly chopping 1 guy up. I was only fighting 3 people, but by the time he had finished, I died. Is it possible to force only short finishing moves?Is it also possible to make the fistfights harder?

finishing move: it was always like this with mod or without it in original game. now you have to decide if finisher is really worth it or maybe you'll suffer too much damage.fistfight: yes, but is it worth changing it?about stun and knockdown: wounded enemies have lower resistance to these effects. enemy with health reduced to 50% is 4 times!! more susceptible to stun and falter. enemy with healt reduced to 25% is 6 times more susceptible. there are exceptions, some enemies are resistant regardless of health level.

Top Bottom