[TW1][mod] Flash Mod v1.01

+
-download the mod version which suits you (difficulty level).-open mod archive "flash mod x.0x.rar"-unpack the content of "all_in_one" folder (content of this folder, not this folder) to your game's directory "/the witcher/data/"
-overwrite files if needed (replacing game files is completely safe and wont break anything)if you want to install only few changes from the mod, not whole mod, unpack content of folder containing feature you are insterested to "the witcher/data/" folder.

I hate like hell to tell you this, but by step 2 of the complete idiot's guide to installing this mod, I was totally lost. What does "open mod archive "flash modx.0x.rar"" mean? I see a red arrow pointing to cs_sex_elf2. Why? Could you possibly come up with a walking vegetable's guide to installing your mod?

DanConnors said:
What does "open mod archive "flash modx.0x.rar"" mean?
it means: open this file
or version 2.02, or 1.02
DanConnors said:
I see a red arrow pointing to cs_sex_elf2. Why?
for the computer, it doesnt matter if you place mouse cursor over cs_sex_elf2 or other file. just place the content of flash mod "all_in_one" folder inside "the witcher/data/" folder. thats it, mod will work.

The file you downloaded is an archive, i.e. lots of files compressed into one. If you double-click on it, you should get a dialog asking where you want the files to be extracted. Select the Data folder underneath where Witcher is installed, I think it should be C:\Program Files\The Witcher\Data if you didn't select any particular folder when you installed the game (which you probably didn't).If Windows doesn't understand what to do with the file, you may need to download and install a separate program like 7-zip (from http://www.7-zip.com) that can handle these types of files.This is one of the reasons some people prefer mac - most things simply just work there :)Hope this was vegetable enough for you ;)

What I tried was to make a separate folder on my desktop and dump mod 3.02 there. It was about 3 megabytes of file. I then opened the folder, copied the contents, and pasted it into the Witcher/data file. Nothing has changed. Game still plays as before. Maybe you can put it on a disk? Sell it through amazon.com.?

DanConnors said:
What I tried was to make a separate folder on my desktop and dump mod 3.02 there. It was about 3 megabytes of file. I then opened the folder, copied the contents, and pasted it into the Witcher/data file. Nothing has changed. Game still plays as before. Maybe you can put it on a disk? Sell it through amazon.com.?
1. Open folder All in one- in downloaded folder.2. Mark all in this folder and make Copy.3. Open folder Data in the game folder4. Make Past.

Well, have meeting with scolopendromorf from 4-th chapter, it was quick ;DAny advices ?From the mod I have only positive emotions, each battle "z novim potvorom"- challenge. Thank you again!

fast style to infict pain, strong style, igni, quenswallow, tawny owl, oil against insectoidsfight 1 at a time

Any tips against royal wyverns in ACT3 swamp? Even fighting one at a time, they hit me for 90+ damage, and i have 500 hp :\10 seconds and i'm dead...(using swallow, tawny, diamond dust, and anti-venom potion)

Madeiner said:
Any tips against royal wyverns in ACT3 swamp? Even fighting one at a time, they hit me for 90+ damage, and i have 500 hp :\10 seconds and i'm dead...
-using swallow, tawny, argentum, and anti-venom potion)-use active quen (wivern lose up to 50% health), fast style to inflict:-- pain, strong style, igni... until the pain end--or bleeding, run around a tree, igni... until the bleeding endfight 1 at a time

delamer said:
delamer said:
Any tips against royal wyverns in ACT3 swamp? Even fighting one at a time, they hit me for 90+ damage, and i have 500 hp :\10 seconds and i'm dead...
-using swallow, tawny, argentum, and anti-venom potion)-use active quen (wivern lose up to 50% health), fast style to inflict:-- pain, strong style, igni... until the pain end--or bleeding, run around a tree, igni... until the bleeding endfight 1 at a time
+ yrdennote that fighting royal wyverns is completely optional during act 3. you dont have to fight them at all. you want moa, lure it out. still its absolutely possible to kill them, just dont stand in place when they hit you. inflict both critical effects and be mobile. if needed retreat to regenerate.with dexterity 4, parry and dodge bonuses, royal wyvern with pain and bleeding has 50% chance to hit you. that's a lot but you are dont have to fight them. with dexterity 5 which you should have in act 4 their accuracy with pain and bleeding is 36%.

2 flash_in_the_fleshIMHO with this mod installed, oil, wich make enemy bleeding, is superior to other oils, wich increase direct damage. Using of this oils make sense if Geralt use long sword's combo, but now it's mostly impossible. Am I right? Of course, I have in mind monsters, which can bleed.

delamer said:
Using of this oils make sense if Geralt use long sword's combo, but now it's mostly impossible. Am I right?
what do you mean?brown oil is indeed very good. maybe not against strong enemiy types but against fast enemies like bruxa it allows to decrease their accuracy by another 50% which is impossible by other means because only strong style has decent chance to inflict bleeding.

I mean, direct damage inflicted only by direct hit, one for one. Bleeding, from another side, make prolonged damage at rate 2 times per second. Geralt can hit the enemy once, and then make distanse with Aaard sign until the bleeding end. IMHO work perfect against strong enemy too :)

you can leave killing enemies to damage over time effects but it will take ages to kill.new versions of the mod are ready to download[size=12pt]i'm happy to announce that starting from today mod is also available on WITCHERVAULT.IGN[/size]

I went to your latest web site for the latest version of the insane difficulty mod. I downloaded the entire mod into c:\program files\the witcher\data. It's there; I just checked. But it has made no change in the game. Why?

to install whole mod you need to explore "flash mod xxx.rar" archive (xxx- numbers), enter "all_in_one" folder and paste all files and folders from "all_in_one" into "the witcher/data/" folder.placing "flash mod xxx.rar" anywhere in the witcher folders wont change anything.

Great mod! Congratulations on the hard work! I bought the game few days ago since i got a new PC, good enough to run it. I was loving the game (really nice mood) but was finding it really easy. I was stil in chapter 1 when i discovered your mod. I installed and began a new game from the beginning. First i tried 3.03 and i thought it was too hard for me, so now im playing 1.04. In the beginnings just a few hellhounds would kill me easily, but i adapted and learned to move around and use signs a lot better... It really makes the game a better experience. So THANKS a lot. Anyway... I have two questions for you.a) When changing from 3.03 to 1.04 version, i just copied all the folders again in the \data folder of Witcher. Do i have to do anything else or erase anything? or just that to change the difficulty? (Im stil finding it a bit hard, to be honest :D).b) I managed to kill the ghoul king in the crypt wich was quite hard... by using low style a few times then signs to knock him and running away to recover a bit. But im stuck a bit later... When i enter the salamander house in Chapter 1, 4 salamander guys jump on me, and there is very little i can do... Its a tiny room... no space to run... Ive tried group style and usign signs to stun them, but they kill me really really quickly... even with swallow. Even before i draw my sword im almost around 50% health. Isnt it a bit tough? Any tips?

Top Bottom