[TW1][mod] Flash Mod v1.01

+
hello.a) just overwriting the files will work perfectly.b) when you enter the house draw your sword and jump forward. with swallow, tawny owl potion and grindstone or crinfrid oil on sword you should kill them eventually. be mobile, jump a lot, use group style, aard and igni.when playing with mod tactic is finally important. even when fighting strong enemies, use fast style to inflict effect pain, then strong to inflict bleeding. with both critical effects enemy change to hit is decreased by 100% (but initial chance could be way above 100%, so 150- 100 still means 50% chance to hit...). the general rule in the mod is to move a lot. staying in place means being vulrnable to hit. when enemy surrounds you, you should reposition so the least ammount of enemies can reach you at a time. for example, it might be a good idea to run up the stairs if there are some or run to the corner attack once or twice, use sign then jump again.its good to know that enemies with health halved are 4 times more susceptible to aard. if you havent finished the game without the mod, some general hints:- books about monsters and recipies are very important to buy. it allows to know enemy weaknesses and make proper oil and potions.- alchemy is absolutely necessary to survive. always have 10 swallow and tawny owl potions ready to use.- use fast and strong style when you can to inflict critical effects- when you cant win, do some other things, level up and come back with more experience.- there are oils and potions for every situation. be sure to know what they do and when to use them:http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Category:potionshttp://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Oilscheck some movies showing how to defeat hard enemies to general idea about movement, styles etc.http://www.youtube.com/user/andy0985all movies made on highest difficulty mod

Going to the vertical list of downloads I selected version 3.03. Right clicking on this icon opened up a whole list of things I could do with it. Unpacking was NOT in the list. I am worn out messing around with this mod. Think I'll go play Midieval Total War II on extreme difficulty settings.

2 LohnPondaiSolution for your problems with both salamanders and crypt's king - in the south of the location. It is Stone Circle and Place of Power. Use it and you will be able to knock your enemies with ease.2 DanConnorsI think you mast install to the computer the next.http://www.techspot.com/downloads/301-total-commander.htmlIt is Total Commander, wich allow use archivers as folders.2 flash_in_the_fleshThank you again, I finish the game :)

I know you must be getting tired of my questions, but I have another. The whole mod is compressed, but why is it so? I've read that uncompressed it occupies 16 megabytes of hard drive space. That's about 1/5,000 of my hard drive's available capacity. Downloading at about 400 kilobytes per second my computer could download 16 megs in about 40 seconds. Instead I've spent hours trying to even locate these compressed files, and so far I haven't found them. Is there some type of rule that you have to compress mods?

im not compressing the mod to make it smaller, im doing it because the mod is made of 1800 files. you want to download them seperately? there's no way to upload folders on any site so either compressed mod or no mod at all.to extract the file from archive you need one of the most popular programs - winrar or something similar. everyone needs it eventually and everybody should always have it installed.

Having just cleared the Gellert Bleinheim encounter in the swamps in Act III, I wonder if you haven't made the Kikimore warriors a bit too tough. I managed them, but it took a lot of reloads, as one hit from them killed me when I had ~80% health... Had to Yrden them down, one at a time. Used Insectoid Oil, and otherwise just Swallow/Tawny. I remember they could be kinda tough early on in the original as well.Using version 2.04.

swamps fight? i might be mistaking but i thought this guy is called roland.here is the fight you mentioned: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HIThnstj7Ymade on version 3.01if you die with 80% health from 1 hit its game bug not mod's fault.

It's really wierd. I find myslf giving advice (that works) to people playing a mod I can't get. If you ever put it on a disk we can buy through, say, Amazon.com, please let us know. I'll buy it. I was able to download the enhanced edition of The Witcher over the internet, but with Insane Difficulty I've hit a brick wall. I'm beginning to believe that the words Insane difficulty may have a sinister connection to my mental health. Never heard of winrar.

Hi there again.1. To Connors. Download the desired version of the mod from this place http://witchervault.ign.com/View.php?view=GameMods.Detail&id=7

flashintheflesh said:
if you die with 80% health from 1 hit its game bug not mod's fault.
Well, I don't know well game mechaniks in detail, but it is possible. Geralt can die from one hit with almost 100% of health. The same can be spoken about monsters- once I kill kikimora warrior from one hit :) Mostly this thing have place when subject receive hit from behind or unprepared. Good stuff, I must say, I like it. But it is not mod, on vanilla this effect also present.
flashintheflesh said:
Hi there again.What camera mode do you find better for fighting? You seem to use F3 in the video.
I say for myself. I always use camera-from-behind. Now, with new mod which allow change distance between camera and Geralt, all other camera types are obsolete to me.

flashintheflesh said:
swamps fight? i might be mistaking but i thought this guy is called roland.
So true. His brother's Gellert.
here is the fight you mentioned: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HIThnstj7Ymade on version 3.01if you die with 80% health from 1 hit its game bug not mod's fault.
Awesome vid, can see it has some to do with skill as well :). Can always blame on that the comp was extremely laggy yesterday, the controls were kinda unresponsive and that doesn't really help in fights like this ;).A bit unrelated, but I just realised that I mistakenly installed the whole archive into the Data folder, meaning both all_in_one and all others. Any idea how this effects the game? I'm going to install it properly right away anyway, of course.

Finally got the insane difficulty mod installed, and, I have to say it's considerably harder playing hard in insanely hard mode. My witcher just got killed by a lousy ghoul!!

DanConnors said:
Finally got the insane difficulty mod installed, and, I have to say it's considerably harder playing hard in insanely hard mode. My witcher just got killed by a lousy ghoul!!
gz, man! :beer:

What the hell did you do to the ghouls in chapter 1? Using necrophage oil, alternating between hard and fast steel sword, with liberally applied Aard sign, my 7th level witcher does no discernible damage to the first ghoul in the crypt. Meanwhile that first lousy ghoul eats him alive. I've had no great problems with barghests around town, nor with the drowned dead; I'm unable to fight the Echinops because I can't get Igni. I'm having much more trouble with "ghoul one" than I did with the 4 Graviers in the wine celler in regular hard mod.

I know that you believe the core game Igni spell to be way overpowered, but when I was finally able to escape with my life (and the Igni sign), from the crypt I found it to be so weak I wouldn't trust it to light a cigarrette. It goes without saying that the ghouls didn't even notice I was trying to burn them. I had slightly better luck with the Echinops in the cave (the first one that is). Half the time I can kill the plant before it kills me. I could buy an adjustable cigarrette lighter and get more heat out of it than 1st level Igni. I'm sure you don't like criticism any more than I do, but why is it so hard to run away from certain fights (i.e. the crypt chapter 1). I had to run circles around the half dozen ghouls I activated and then sheath my weapon before the exit became usable.

All enemies are tougher, and you have to be very agile in all fights using this mod. No more standing and bashing. It's not often I find I have the opportunity to use the whole attack chain for example; better to step back/move around. It's also very worthwhile to upgrade Igni/Aard using this mod, gives them their needed strength. If you find you've using your talents unwisely, you can use The save game editor for re-distribution.But you can always degrade if you find the insane difficulty too hard, I feel that the medium (2.04) fits my needs in that it's always challenging but sometimes a wee bit hard. That mechanic for leaving a an area has nothing to do with this mod, I think; it's a game mechanic that you're not supposed to be able to leave an area mid-fight. But as you've found out, there are ways to bypass that.

I did get a little bit of revenge on the poison seed tossing echinops in the cave. I found 2 spots to stand and blast them from a distance with Igni bolts. Didn't feel the smallest shred of remorse, seeing as how they spray my guy with the poison every chance they get. Finally cleaned out the crypt except for Ozrell, but I was able to lead him out of his "throneroom" and scarf up the piece of red meteorite in his chest. Now if I can just find a way to reach and kill the sated echinops, I can get the 3rd piece of ore. Somehow I'm sure I'm going to need that for the final fight in chapter 1.

before the mod igni dealt couple of times higher damage then fully maxed strong style sword attacks (hitting stryga with 2500 igni damage). the idea now is to make igni a ranged damage dealer but its power is easily comparable to sword damage. igni will always be usefull no matter what damage it will do because its safe way to attack enemy without the risk of being hit. of course, now to feel the power of signs you have to develop them along with inteligence. note that places of power and focus stones also arent just randomly placed. you should use them if you rely on signs in particular battle, ie. fight with ozzrel is mostly burn damage from ignite or pushing with aard and hitting with sword, then run.90% of the time you can lure enemies and fight 1 at a time. its crucial in this mod if you want to fight stronger enemies on lower witcher levels. approach dangerous areas slowly and take a note where are enemy spawning points. be sure to spawn them or attract them one at a time. while fighting any enemy (not immune to critical effects) its crucial to inflict pain and bleeding. both these effects decrease enemy chance to hit by 100% (while their initial chance is often above 100% so ie. 260%- 100% from criticals - 114% from doge and parry = 46% chance to hit for garkain). as you can see this most often doubles your chance to survive. weaker enemies sometimes wont hit you at all if you have high dexterity and apply critical effects.while using aard remember that wounded enemies (

Top Bottom