[TW1][mod] Flash Mod v1.01

+
flashintheflesh said:
yrden and quen are also extremely important.
Unfortunately, these aren't available until Act II :(. But I agree - and that's one thing that make this mod so good - those signs are more or less crucial for survival now. I haven't really found the use for Axii just yet, but on the other hand I haven't upgraded it very much either.

they cant. same as all spectre enemy types. all of their resistances are included in other parameters.echinops are easy, even in 1st act. swallow, tawny owl + circle of power. burn them with igni and whack with strong style attacks.

I seemed to do better against the echinops with fast steel and Igni, once I got good enough to beat them at all. The tactic was to use fast steel mostly to block attacks and Igni to do most of the damage. I also finally Igni'd Ozrell to death (for some reason he won't follow you into the room nearest the exit) which felt good. The battle with the Beast was kind of anti-climactic for me. I had levelled to lvl 11 (with a fallback save to go to lvl 12 if necessary). But the beast fell rather quickly. Since this insane difficulty mod is yours, I wonder if you can change Geralt's insane habit of walking into a crowd of hostiles with his sword sheathed. He knows there's going to be a fight, but goes in barehanded anyway. I've seen fights where he loses 3/4 th of his hit points before he even gets his sword in hand. He might as well be walking around with a "kick me" sign on the behind of his trousers. Finally, I know we all love the shots of Geralt impaling, disembowelling, and beheading stunned enemies, but there are certain times when he shouldn't (especially in insane difficulty, hard mode). These times are when he is in the middle of a whole crowd of unstunned enemies. Case in point is the Lionhead cult beneath the sewers in act 2. While the witcher was leisurely gutting one opponent, the rest surrounded him and cut him to pieces. At times like this he should just run the victim through, as quickly as possible, then move on to the rest of the mob. Great mod, though. I never find myself getting sleepy and bored in this insanely hard mod.

fast style provides only 5% do parry, 6% with bonus to parry. this bonus is insignificant comparing to strong style damage when fighting echinopsthe beast was always love/hate fight. many players cant beat it, no matter how hard they try. others find it ridiculusly easy. since its first true boss fight and beggining of the game i didnt want it to become a game-stopper. barghests are stronger but beast remains unchanged.i've never bothered with sword unsheathing. i'll look for it while doing next version of the mod but i cant guarantee anything. i assume its not simple since nobody fixed it for such a long time.finishers are what they're supposed to be. now you have to choose if its worth to finish one enemy but let few others couple of seconds of free hits. you dont have to kill stunned and knocked down enemies, its situational decision.

I wasn't saying not to finish off a stunned foe in the middle of a crowd. I'd just like to see a very quick way of doing it--say a quick thrust of the sword through the foe's heart--something that can be done in a fraction of a second. Mayhem and gore are very fine, but not if they lead to your own demise. As for fast style sword fighting, that just happens to be my favorite style. I hardly ever use group style, and only rarely (when I'm relatively sure of my superiority over a certain foe) strong style. In my fights with man eating veggies I'd say at least 75 percent of the damage I deal out is with the Igni sign.

Halfway through Chapter 2, I am, reluctantly, quitting this mod. You have created a Geralt who I believe would have an extremely hard time defeating a den of cub scouts. Igni has been weakened (even at level 3) to the point of uselessness. Ditto for Aard. And I have just seen, once too often, the idiotic sight of Geralt, in the middle of a big, multi-enemy fight, put his sword on the ground, pull out his dagger, slit the stunned opponent's throat, and himself get cut to pieces by the other 5 or 6 opponents. With every level he gains, Geralt seems to become weaker. I am becoming tired, and slightly dizzy, of fights that consist of the witcher running in circles trying to keep from getting surrounded, and taking an agonizingly long time to drop every opponent. Sorry, but I have to give mod. 3.03 a big thumbs down.

i wont discuss taste in here. there are poeple who still find the game easy with mod 3.03. i dont plan to increase difficulty even further but i did include version 1.04 and 2.04 which are significantly easier. using coup-de-grace on knocked enemies is not the fault of the mod but player. you dont have to finish off 1 enemy while being surrounded by 10 who gladly kill you in the meantime.bestiary entries in journal are updated with enemy resistances. if you are using aard against immune enemies.. yes it wont work. some players find aard extremely usefull even against immune undeads. they just push them away and whack while enemies are lying on the ground. with this strategy some players reported clearing whole cemetary on level 15 without swallow.there are dozens of strategies to win every fight and im giving advices throughout the topic how to defeat every enemy. i even made movies on youtube showing particularly difficult fights which players pointed out thinking its purely impossible to win.mod is doing exactly what its supposed to do. the name "insane difficulty" isnt meant to be mildly average, little higher then original. given 3 levels of new difficulty offered by the mod you've chosen the highest and now you're giving big "thumbs down". sorry to hear that but im not sure what did you expect from highest possible difficulty which is thourougly tested by me and (atm) hundreds of players who downloaded the mod.its like giving a ride with a ferrari, driving it cautiously and being disappointed because its too fast so "big thumbs down" to the car.

I note you had nothing to say about my criticism of the Igni sign. When you have pumped 10 3rd level Igni blasts into an average wyvern, and it's still kicking your butt, Igni has become useless.

dan, you want logical explanation of igni sign? no problem.first of all, in-game igni compared to book version was illogical, not the other way arround. im not basing on game, im basing on books. you know how many times geralt used igni during fights in books? not even once. its nothing powerful, witcher is not a mage and definitely not a flamethrower. what we got in game was a geralt demi-god, his igni sign was countless times more powerfull then everything what azar javed - the fire mage could throw against us. you should realise that in books, every single mage was a lethal threat to geralt and any human being. mages are almost omnipotent in witcher universe, they are limited by power but not by its shape. they can form their magic in whatever fashion they want. witchers' signs are pathetic compared to even simpliest spells.in books aard was used total of 3 times: -against striga with no effect beside gaining more time-against djinni with no real effect-during banquet :hmmm: cant call it a fight..igni was used once:-to solder broken pot (true firepower :whatthe:)yrden was used once during fight with striga and its a defensive sign not offensive trap/debuff/damage like in gameaxii was used only to calm frightened animalsquen to reduce effects of magic attacks same as heliotrope.what you are used to is developers vision of superpowerful welding torch known as geralt with igni. you are not supposed to kill with it alone. its addition to sword fighting allowing to harm enemies without the risk of being hit. you should always rely on sword fighting. signs are not winning the fight, they are helping to win the fight.with mod 3.03 igni sign has similar damage to same level of sword attack. you can call it a ranged sword attack, so if you're dealing 5 damage to enemy with a sword, dont expect that igni will deal 50 or more like it used to be in original game. still, first igni attack ensures high damage ie. >200 to graveir, while every another attack deals around 40-50 damage, same like strong sword attack. this is exactly how it should work. witchers are sword fighters not mages.also remember that on higher levels with maxed endurance, inteligence and igni, you can cast igni up to 6 times in a row with tawny owl. energy regeneration is high so after full sequence of sword attack you can continue with another 5-6 igni attacks. its not underpowered. sign spam is still very powerful and easily obtainable on higher levels with proper character development.if you doubt in logic of any single change in the mod i can easily explain everything basing on books.
DanConnors said:
With every level he gains, Geralt seems to become weaker.
remember ozzrel? boss which massacred you in 1st act if you decided to melee him? his stats are almost identical to alghoul. now go to the cemetary in act 2 and solo aghoul without using signs.. possible? sure, then maybe try 2 at a time. still possible but require skill? ok, it works this way all the time with every enemybtwa long 4 day weekend is comming in Poland. expect next release of the mod with changes proposed by players.

Not that I for myself really didn't need your thorough list of "evidence", it was sure good to read. Where I come from, only the first full-length novel (Blood of Elves) have just been published. I Think you've done what you can to balance Geralt's powers like they are meant to be: he's a sword fighter using magic as help - not the other way around.

I went to that encounter with the Alghouls in the swamp. I wasn't lucky enough to draw only one or two; seemed as if the whole pack sighted me at once. I did moderately well against them--in fact I killed them all. I even succeeded in clearing the top floor of the haunted house in the temple section (the one with the two wraiths). What finally caused me to call it quits was the fight in Raymond's house, where 4 assassins killed Geralt and Raymond without breaking a sweat. The only way I won that fight was to have the witcher take swallow, tawny owl, and blizzard outside the house before entering. These assassins were not supernatural beings, nor were they mages; they were just common street thugs. The way I saw the game progressing at that point, was that the enemies pitted against Geralt were gaining in strength much faster than he was. Carried to conclusion I saw no possibility of winning the final battle against the Grand Master and his 8 efreets. I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my criticisms. As for the book, well, hate to say this, I didn't finish it. To me the game far outshone the novel. Just the opposite have been the games based on J.R.R. Tolkien's "The Lord of The Rings". Everyone has different opinions, and I realize I may have spit in someone's holy water by saying that I found the book the game's based on boring, but there you have it.

DanConnors said:
What finally caused me to call it quits was the fight in Raymond's house, where 4 assassins killed Geralt and Raymond without breaking a sweat. The only way I won that fight was to have the witcher take swallow, tawny owl, and blizzard outside the house before entering. These assassins were not supernatural beings, nor were they mages; they were just common street thugs. The way I saw the game progressing at that point, was that the enemies pitted against Geralt were gaining in strength much faster than he was. Carried to conclusion I saw no possibility of winning the final battle against the Grand Master and his 8 efreets. I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my criticisms. As for the book, well, hate to say this, I didn't finish it. To me the game far outshone the novel. Just the opposite have been the games based on J.R.R. Tolkien's "The Lord of The Rings". Everyone has different opinions, and I realize I may have spit in someone's holy water by saying that I found the book the game's based on boring, but there you have it.
I can agree with you here. JR TOLKEIN's books are way better than the games. But, the "The Witcher" game far surpasses any of those games. As for the books--I don't know cuz haven't had the opportuninty to read them yet! And, that battle had me go through a couple/few times.

Just as an idea, you might want to downgrade to 1.04. I also found 3.03 too hard for me but I've found 1.04 to be just right - still much, much harder than the original game but so far (I'm in chapter 3) doable (as long as I'm careful). Another posibility is to make the enemies harder (included in the patch) but not gimp Geralt as much. You can do this by not adding the mods on armour & swords. A 3rd option is to download the flaming icon part of the mod - this makes it more likely that you won't miss combos too often (not that important in the unmodded game but absolutely vital in this mod)1 of the things I like the most about this mod is how you can choose what to mod & what to leave the same. This way you can pick a difficulty that suits your tastes

What I'm trying is mod 3.03 on medium difficulty, which is still much harder than regular game on hard. Seems a little more doable at this level. By the way, I just started a contest to see who can kill the most drowners outside Haren's door (in the fishing village) in one night. I got 48 last night, and, at 75 xp per pop that worked out to 3600 xp. I quit for the night when I made level 10.

since version 3.03, 2.04, 1.04, easy=medium=hard mod is included as part of the mod, not as an overwrite in seperate archive. medium difficulty on version 3.03 is same as hard with flaming cursor of course.if you still have problems with difficulty, just overwrite version 3.03 with 2.04 or 1.04. the difference will be huge. thats the idea of the mod- everyone can choose difficulty to fit their taste and skills.

Are you saying that mod 3.03 medium is as hard as 3.03 hard? Or is it mod 3.03 medium is as hard as normal mode hard? In the first case it doesm't seem as hard--to me. In the second case mod 3.03 medium seems far more difficult than original version hard. I don't remember common ghouls causing me so much trouble on core game hard (which I played through several times). The "contest" I referred to was to let you know of a trigger point for mass drowners that I didn't know whether you were aware of or not. Lastly, what has happened to the beautiful 3 red meteorite sword? Having eagerly acquired the 3 reds after battling the monster in the courtyard, I was looking forward to seeing it made. And the actual sword??? Plus 50 percent bleeding??? That's all??? What's next, a nerf sword???

The mod makes every difficulty mode available in The Witcher harder. So it doesn't really matter what difficulty you've chosen within the game, this mod overwrites those - except for "the flaming sword" pointer that you get from the Easy and Medium difficulty (but those you can get even in hard mode with this mod).Instead, there are three different variants of this mod on the download page that you can choose between: 1.04, 2.04 and 3.04. Since you tried the hardest variant (you had the previous version 3.03), I'd suggest you download the intermediate variant 2.04. Download, unzip to "The Witcher\Data", and select to Overwrite files when you get that question. Next time you play the game, it will be on lower difficulty.I use 2.04, and I find that challenging enough. If that is too difficult too, there's a 1.04 variant you can try. Hope this helps you play this awesome game: it's worth it :)

you are asking what changes i've made, when the first thing you should do before installing the mod is reading mod description. all changes are listed and explained on first page of this topic and on witchervault, the only place where you can download it. i recommend to read it.
_________________________________________________________mod ready to download from attachment. its included in newest versions of difficulty mod.(...)mod makes all difficulty levels equal. for those who doesnt noticed another way of using this mod, here's a hint: now you can play on high difficulty with flaming cursor marking next attack in the sequence. just play on medium or easy and you'll enjoy the cursor with hard difficulty._________________________________________________________
in short version: in-game difficulty levels are equal. choosing in-game easy or medium difficulty is same as hard, thus allowing to play both with hard settings and flaming cursor.
c) Items;* SWORDS- swords damage bonuses reseted, other bonuses are present- in case of decreased usefulness of a swrod without damage bonus, loss is replaced with other bonusi;- because moon blade (silver sword) has "only" +100% dmg and dmg is reseted, bonus is replaced with armor penetration like with sihil- red meteorite gives following bonuses in swords:1 piece +15% chance to bleeding2 pieces +30% chance to bleeding3 pieces +50% chance to bleeding (+30% before)
no surprise in here. im not hiding any change, nor avoiding discussing about it and argumenting it.edit: oh, and dont forget this fragment
mod offers plenty of changes. changes are divided to categories in archive folder, so player will exactly know what he installs.if you dont like some changes, just dont install this particular folder
you didnt have to install sword changes.

Top Bottom