[TW1][mod] Flash Mod v1.01

+
Guess I don't believe in half measures; when I downloaded the mod I downloaded it all. As for the sword, well, it must still have a great prestige effect. I assume, by now, that you must know what I'm talking about outside Haren's door at night. I'm using it without qualms, since, at this point, I need every advantage I can get. Could it be your way of hinting that, until the drowners only give you 35 xp per kill, you aren't ready to go into Vizima??

if you want to level up, you'll get best xp/time by killing echinopses in the cave. echinops gives ~160 base xp, drowner 80 base xp. i killed 123 echinopses in act 1 to level up a bit. you can count experience i've got. in result i finished act 1 at 13 level.all swords are very useful. critical effects are crucial when playing the mod. bleeding is extremely important. you dont see the effect yet because drowners are immune to bleeding and pain.

Begging to differ, but the drowners outside Haren's door offer far more xp than the man eating plants. True the plants offer more xp per kill, but when you exit Haren's house, you are immediately faced by one or two drowners--that's all. Using Aard you immediately bring down either one or two of them. A coup d' grace finishes them. Go back through Haren's door, exit, and you are immediately faced by the same one or two drowners, Killing, on average, one drowner every 10 seconds, I gained 3500 xp in about half an hour of actual game play. If I were a more serious player I could have stayed near Haren's house till I was lvl 14 or 15.

there are 7 echinopses in the cave. ritual of magic from place of power + swallow + tawny owl -> 2x igni + few attacks with strong style and you're going for another. drowners are bad idea because with each level they are closer to 1xp reward for kill, you are closing to zero reward. the higher level you are, the more rewarding echinops is. atm you have to kill around 26 drowners to make exp gain from clearing the cave once equal to drowners kill. another level and you'll have to kill 29 drowners since rewards are 5xp lower per level.your choice though

I know exactly what's in the cave of plants. And you are correct; they do give more xp per head. What I don't think you see is just how fast you gain xp outside Haren's door at night. The "fight" is over seconds after it's begun, and, if you're not greedy like me, you gain an average of 5 xp per second, This holds true from level 7 to level 12. Reading your post, that you entered Vizima as at least a lvl 13 player tells me that, once again, I may have to restart this mod. I went in as a lowly level 10.

Had a little play time again (hardest version, 3.04). Uiii, thats really hard, hehe. But very good!I had just two five minutes battles against two ghouls (one each). I am level nine. I can kill a ghoul, but it takes long, requires swallow and without necrophage oil it would have taken 10 minutes per fight I guess ;) I was not one time succesfull at stunning with aard and finsihing them off (I had used a power source before). So it was hard work, but very satisfying. The thought that whole crypt might be filled with those tough buggers frightens (and enthrills) me a little though...I have three questions concerning critcial effects (pain,. bleed, etc), please:1. How do I notice that I succesfully apllied an effect like bleed or pain? Is there a symbol informing me or is there special enemy behaviour that indicates that the effect is aplied?2. How long do these effects like pain or bleed last?3 . Shame on me, but, hehe, what exactly hapens due to the effects (bleed, pain and all the others)? Bleed e.g. is damage over time, but how much and has it more than this effect? Perhaps you find the time to explain this a little as it seems very important.Thanks again for the wonderfull mod!

pain effect:-reduce speed (attack and movement) by 25%-reduce accuracy by 50% (initial accuracy can be >100%)-reduce parry and dodge by 50% (initial value can be above 100%)-pain animation can make humans/elves/dwarfs immobilebleeding effect:-reduce accuracy by 50% (initial accuracy can be >100%)-reduce parry and dodge by 50% (initial value can be above 100%)-inflicting pain is easier when enemy is under bleeding effect-damage over time based on enemy healthduration of effects depends on effect intensity value countered by enemy resistance. original in-game descriptions never said anything about intensity, while this factor exist everywhere. this is corrected in talents and items descriptions. pain and bleeding from sword style level 1/2/3 differ. higher sword style attack means higher level of critical effect -> harder to resist for enemy, longer duration.you can notice working effects by reduced speed (pain) and free damage per second (bleeding). its important to reapply effects when they wear off.example of critical effects in action:garkain vs witcher with dexterity 5 + bonuses to parry and dodgegarkain chance to hit= 260-114 -> 146%chance to hit with pain and bleeding= 260-114-100 -> 46%graveir vs witcher with dexterity 4 + bonuses to parry and dodgegraveir chance to hit= 200-90 -> 110chance to hit with pain and bleeding= 200-90-100 -> 10%now you see how extremely important pain and bleeding is.when fighting multiple foes its wise to hit each of them to apply effects to everyone who can hit you. its clearly demonstrated in this movie at 45-55 sec. also when you face multiple enemies, cancel attack and reposition when more then 1 enemy can reach you like its demonstrated in 25th second of mentioned caileech movie.[size=12pt]sad examples of chance to hit values from original game - without the mod.[/size]garkain vs witcher with dexterity 5 + bonuses to parry and dodgegarkain chance to hit= 140-114 -> 26%chance to hit with pain/bleeding= 140-114-50 -> minus 26%chance to hit with pain and bleeding= 140-114-100 -> minus 76%graveir vs witcher with dexterity 4 + bonuses to parry and dodgegraveir chance to hit= 125-90 -> 35chance to hit with pain and bleeding= 125-90-100 -> minus 65%chance to hit witcher with dexterity 5 + dodge and parry bonuses, not counting fast style parry bonus, without pain and bleedingdrowner= 1%ghoul= minus 11%alghoul= 1%fleder= 11%graveir= 11%kikimore warrior= 11%vodyanoi warrior= 1%alp= 26%caileech= 16%basilisk= 26%skolopendromorf= 26%bruxa= 41%garkain= 26%cmentar= 26%wraith= 51%royal wyvern= 31%ureus (boss cmentar)= 26%lilly (boss bruxa)= 46%wesper (boss garkain)= 31%

Following some players' advice I downloaded version 2.04 today, and started over. Now I'm wondering if I did actually download version 2.04--the game seems too easy. I was stomping ghouls at level 7, and killed Ozrell around lvl 9. I'm wodering if I just erased everything and started over on core game hard. Is there any way ro tell what game version you're playing after you've started?

Can you get more than 500 Vitality? I can't seem toI've just got to Act III out in the fields and stuff and the whole damn game has got too hard :( Even downgraded to InsaneEE v1 and too hard

of course. you need strength and vigor talent. at the end of the game you'll be around 800hp. but dexterity is more important then strength.you noticed enemy accuracy calculations above, all of them depends on dexterity and thus on your dodge and parry. if you want to survive max dexterity, bonuses to dodge and parry, then be sure to use proper oil and potion. beside kikimore warriors and royal wyverns and completely optional cementaurs there's nothing new in act 3.here's one of act 3 bruxa fight: http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=vYChOh6aHXIhere are 2 kikimore warriors: http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=5HIThnstj7Yask more detailed questions, with this ammount of info i dont know what's the reason of your problems. how do you fight, what potions and oils you use, which enemy is too difficult, what level you are and what skills have you picked?

How about some recomendations about what level you should be before you enter a new chapter. I'm playing in Act 3 (the merchant quarter), and I've run into a wall. I'm apparently unable to hit a kikimore warrior, although I can kill a cockatrice in the cave with fairly little trouble. I can destroy one or two Graviers out in the open (the cemetery), but I have no chance against the 4 in the wine celler. Speaking of them did you make a movie on how to win that fight (a most uncommon wine)? I am playing version 2.04, the full mod.

Yeah DanConnors I had the same problem. There are some reeaally hard bits in the gameYou can stun kikimore warriors. I found 2 or 3 full power fire burts, and then you can stun them and do a finishing move. They are good to hunt cause they give you tons of xpTo kill the Graviers in the wine celler, try coating your blade with pain stuff. Stand on the stairs so only one at a time can get to you. It took me about 15 tries but I got it in the end. I see i'm actually in Act IV. I'm stuck on the following:Another Witcher: http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Ripples#Another_Witcher (I basically get owned by these witch things as soon as the fight starts)Underground Griggs: http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Small_Problems#Underground_Griggs (the monster when you walk in kills me all the time. I ran past him once into the rest of the crypt, but then there was just heaps of others lol)

i'll make movies on youtube showing these 2 battles on mod 3.03. i hope i'll manage to upload them today.
mejobloggs said:
You can stun kikimore warriors. I found 2 or 3 full power fire burts, and then you can stun them and do a finishing move. They are good to hunt cause they give you tons of xp
you mean kikimore workers?warriors are immune to stun, pain, bleeding, blind, precise hit, fear and resistant to knockdown. you can safely kill them withstrength 4dexterity 4strong style 3bonus talents:stone skinvigorrepelagilitymortal blow 3optional aggressioninsectoid oilswallow potionits entirely possible to win on lower level without these talents but harder of course. with ditto talents you have 100% chance to kill kikimore warrior if you wont make some strange mistake or continuesly breake attack sequence.you can see here that i killed 2 kikimore warriors at a time on version 3.01 (much harder then 2.04). geralt level, talents and equipment is listed in movie description.
mejobloggs said:
I can destroy one or two Graviers out in the open (the cemetery), but I have no chance against the 4 in the wine celler. Speaking of them did you make a movie on how to win that fight (a most uncommon wine)?
i explained how to kill them in this topic, cant remember the page but this is correct strategy
mejobloggs said:
To kill the Graviers in the wine celler, try coating your blade with pain stuff. Stand on the stairs so only one at a time can get to you. It took me about 15 tries but I got it in the end.
except i prefer necrophage oil. you can inflict pain with fast style, no need to resign from +100% damage for pain oil (crinfrid oil).

Strange. My mod must not have been installed correctly. I have been running around stunning +finishing move. (I'm talking about the warriors. The massive ones)

well, warriors are immune to stun but its possible to knock them down. if you're playing version 2.04 or 1.04 their resistance to knockdown is lower then in version 3.03. its surely possible to beat them up to half health and stun them.i wont manage to upload movies. im out tommorow so you can expect them at saturday. i'm sorry for delay

Which of these mods would you consider appropriate for someone with zero interest in grinding to level up, but every interest in tactical combat, versatile use of all Geralt's abilities and smart playing?

surprisingly centipede is susceptible to pain so you'll have easier life if you attack from time to time with fast style to inflict pain effect. pain will reduce centipede's accuracy and thus increase your chance to survive.its crucial to use insectoid oil or at least some decent replacement like argentia. high dexterity, strenth, strong style and igni makes this fight much easier. obviously, dont forget about swallow and tawny owl.elealar its safe to begin with lowest version - 1.04. its balanced and harder than original hard difficulty level but still much, much easier then version 3.03. 2.04 is only slightly harder than 1.04.also remember that this mod is fully modular- you can choose the content you like. its seperated in categories but each file is responsible for something else so if you want to customise it further just ask. i'll gladly write how to achieve desired effect. every change was argumented and in details in this topic and it has significant impact on improving gameplay. i can explain why i implemented each change and support it with logic and examples from books.@ danconnors, mejobloggsi'll upload movies from problematic fights today. now, time to sleep.

Hmm, I'm interested in if 3.03 (the whole deal - I agree with your changes pretty much across the map) has been tried without any level grinding to your knowledge (defining "level grinding" as "repeatedly going to place X to fight for no other reason than exp/alchemical components"). It sounds like a worthwhile challenge, but impossibility is never enjoyable so I'd like to know beforehand if I'd be biting too big a piece. I probably won't finish the game too many times anymore so if I pick too low a difficulty, I'll probably never try the harder ones, so I'm striving to make an educated guess here.Thanks for the mod though, it addresses many of the gripes I had with the original game (and now that I've played the story once already to experience the immersion, I'm ready to play combat). Although it'd be fun to get some extra challenge into fistfights, even if they are minor in the game - two talents exist solely for those and I never bother getting either as it's impossible to lose a fistfight regardless - just the fact that you have insane vitality compared to opponents carries you through. How much effort would it be to change the computer patterns somewhat (presently "attack - dodge - attack - dodge - rince and repeat" always works - I've never gotten hit doing that), and maybe give them some damage output/dodging ability?

My opinion only, but if you don't do massive "grinding" you aren't going to get any further than chapter one. In the original hard mode you could advance without grinding--although even here I needed to grind my way up to level 10 before I could defeat the beast. I could defeat ghouls, mutated dogs, and plants fairly easily at level 7. I finished chapter 2 (temple quarter) at level 20 and couldn't lay a blade on the kikimore warriors I encountered. This was on mod. 2.04, quite a bit easier than 3.03. I have now "ground" my way up to level 25, and I'm still having a very hard time. Speaking of grinding, a very good place to do this (once you're powerful enough) is the crypt in the sewer the con artist sends you to. It is patrolled by at least half a dpzen Graviers, who give 480 XP per pop and completely regenerate as soon as you leave the area. Wierd thing about Graviers is they give about as many XP as a kikimore warrior, Fleder, or Alp, while being much easier to kill. In this insane mod one of my most valuable potions has been Black Blood. I'd say about 80 percent of the Fleders I've killed have died while drinking my blood--a neat sight to see. One of the most valuable sign improvements is the fear addition to the Igni sign. Lots of critters start running now when I Igni them. There's my two cents' worth.

Top Bottom