[TW1][mod] Flash Mod v1.01

+
That boss fight with the kikimor warriors, et. al. (the one shown in the Utube movie) can be completely skipped by attacking the Salambra base camp in the northeast section of the swamp (where the squirrel camp used to be). It's a much easier fight, since no more than one or two enemies can get to you as long as you stay on the wooden walkway. I beat it on my second try (ver. 2.04). First time through the mage's effreet got me from behind. Turns out the salamander fighters are extremely vulnerable to Aard attacks.

i wanted to remove the need for excessive grinding by increasing experience rewards for killed enemies. it works just fine but was prepared for initial versions of the mod - 1.xy. later versions are harder and thus grinding helps. its not necessary in version 2.04 if you know how to fight. higher level makes player mistakes forgivable. i play only with mod 3.03 and beside act 1 i didnt intentionaly level upped (not that it was necessary, i just like to do it. bad habit from action RPGs), but when seeing some enemy i dont avoid it/him, i always engage everything i see on swamps. this is usually enough but fighting on swamps is time consuming. to be honest you'll get better results (less time spent) by gringing a bit in vyzima sewers and avoiding drowners and other low exp enemies.from my experience its possible to finish version 3.03 without grinding at all but you need to know the mod, strengths and vulnerabilities of every enemy, methods, strategies, optimal character development, game mechanics etc. version 3.03 is easy when you know how to play it. the moment one struggle with each enemy is only caused by players' experience with the game, not by geralts' experience.. original game without the mod have all these complicated mechanics and possibilities but most of them were never used because its completely unnecessary. people never made black blood potion other then from curiosity, now
DanConnors said:
In this insane mod one of my most valuable potions has been Black Blood.
with this mod poeple discover what this game really has to offer in terms of combat.

The wine celler, temple district, 4 Graviers, 3 bottles of rare wine. One Igni blast, the Graviers scatter to the 4 quarters of the room affected by fear. Close on one, hack it to pieces. The other 3 regroup, try again. One more Igni blast scatters them. Hack up another. Repeat till all are dead. It's really wierd how powerfully undead creatures are affected by the fear improvement in the Igni sign.

I have a question flash. at first i installed the 2.04 medium version (way too hard ) :D so i removed it and installed the 1.04 easy version, now i already had saved with the 2.04 but now that im using 1.04 the difficulty dosnt seem like its changed, so would a save with 2.04 conflict with 1.04? it would really suck if it does :) and i hope i make sense here.BTW what about a blocking mechanic? it might be difficult to add but man it would be priceless!

as written in changlog in first post of the topic, list of changes in mod version 1.04 and 2.04 differ only with this feature:- dealt damage increased to 150-200% of original valueif you installed mod 1.04 on top of 2.04 everything should work perfectly with newly spawned enemies (not those you already have in line of sight in savegame). depending where you are in the game the difference might be unnoticable because ie. first monsters dealing increased damage starts to appear in act 2.if the game is too hard with mod version 1.04 there's easy solution. mod is modular and you can choose its content. there are changes to swords, armors, enemies, skills etc.just read the changelog and decide removing of which part might help you:
2) DIFFICULTY LEVEL:all newest versionsa) Critical effects;- chance to inflict precise hit reduced by half for second and third group style attack,- strength of precise hit reduced by 0/50/66% respectively for first, second and third group style attack.its nice to infict critical damage but few times higher damage than strong style and applying to 10 enemies at once? lets show some moderationb) Geralt's talents and traits;- chance of recieving critical effects increased by ~10%golden oriole, kiss, willow. what is it, potions? i've never needed them. why should i buy critical effect resistance talents? try playing without them nowc) Items;* SWORDS- swords damage bonuses reseted, other bonuses are present- in case of decreased usefulness of a swrod without damage bonus, loss is replaced with other bonusi;- because moon blade (silver sword) has "only" +100% dmg and dmg is reseted, bonus is replaced with armor penetration like with sihil- red meteorite gives following bonuses in swords:1 piece +15% chance to bleeding2 pieces +30% chance to bleeding3 pieces +50% chance to bleeding (+30% before)- damage dealt by geralt decreased by 30%* ARMORS- Armor damage reduction reseted, other bonuses are present- Damaged recieved by geralt increased by 30%Parameters depending on enemy;- all bosses (except the beast), undead, mutants and strongest monsters in the game; basilisks, female wyverns and boneheads are immune to stuntawny owl + aard and execute even hardest enemies? this is past- all bosses (except the beast), undead, mutants and strongest monsters in the game; basilisks, female wyverns and boneheads are immune to precise hitrambo style charge inside numerous group of strongest enemies in game and killing them with 2 group style attacks? forget about it.5) DIFFICULTY LEVEL:version 1.04 engParameters depending on enemy;- health increased to 140-200% of original value,it too easy. you have maxed combat style and you want to see last attack in sequence but you cant because everything is already dead after 2nd-3rd hit? not anymore- accuracy increased to 120-180% of original value,you are surrounded by group of enemies and you go to make a tea. when you're back you noticed that enemies barely hit you. forget it.- increased dodge and parry,since half of the game you stopped using fast style? what for when you hit everything with strong and group style? enough of this- initial igni damage reducyed by 50-75%tawny owl plus maribor forest doesnt mean vaporising everything and passing half of the game without the necessity of drawing a sword- all kinds of spectres and strongest enemies in the game like: cementaur, garkain, bruxa are immune to knockdown,- resistance to knockdown, pain, fear, charm inreased by 25% of original value,before the mod: i'll leave aard, igni and inteligence at 2 points. stun and ignite works 80% of the time regardless. try it now- resistance to burn increased by 25% of original value,
i'll specify which file is responsible for each change. you'll customise the mod for your need.
BTW what about a blocking mechanic? it might be difficult to add but man it would be priceless!
im open for suggestions but i dont know what do you mean. please describe your idea.

Finally finished the "Blue eyes" quest. Not sure how you managed to fight both the knights AND the vampires, but I took on the vamps, since it's the more challenging encounter. Black blood didn't work too well here, but the Igni (with fear) sign did. Split them up. Blizzard saved my bacon here, that and white honey. The first 4 times through (mod 2.04) I got up to 3 of them before blizzard wore off and the boss lady got me. On the 5th run when blizzard expired, I took a white honey, followed immediately by another blizzard. I had already discovered I couldn't I couldn't close with the top vamp (she does something that kills me very quickly). But I had Igni'd her down to about 1/3 her hit points. One good Aard blast floored her, and then she died. Completely unrelated here, but did you not modify Moa (queen of the royal wyverns)? After working through the royals--each of them a real challenge--Moa went down very fast.

moa is beefed up normal wyvern. he/it cant be stronger then royal wyverns but is stronger then regular ones.

what i mean by blocking mechanic is a button or a combination of buttons pressed causes geralt to raise his sword and take no damage or half damage instead of full damage :) oh and we need sheaths :D great mod btw flash!Oh and i cant get the walk function to work :( when i bind it to a key geralt just moves forward at his jogging speed.

Practiti0ner said:
what i mean by blocking mechanic is a button or a combination of buttons pressed causes geralt to raise his sword and take no damage or half damage instead of full damage :) oh and we need sheaths :D great mod btw flash!Oh and i cant get the walk function to work :( when i bind it to a key geralt just moves forward at his jogging speed.
walking only works in OTS - TPP view. are you sure you use correct camera. there are other methods to walk using other camera modes.i guess it should be possible to implement this blocking the same way as fistfight active dodge works. even if it would be possible and im not sure it is, i dont see the reason for this feature. dodging works fine as it is.yea, i know about sheats. one day i might try to do it. its one of the hardest things to do now.

Yea now that i really think about it, a blocking mechanic would be pointless... maybe slow down the turn rate on enemies... so that when you jump over them you have some time to attack without being hit.Okay i found out where i have the trouble at.. its the health on enemies, its just too much every fight is a boss fight, is there a way to eliminate there health boosts without taking away there damage, hit chance and everything else?

Okay i found out where i have the trouble at.. its the health on enemies, its just too much every fight is a boss fight, is there a way to eliminate there health boosts without taking away there damage, hit chance and everything else?
i would have to make another version of the mod. i can do it but cant promise exactly when. you could play with unchanged swords. this way you'll have up to +130% more damage with sihill for example. thats more then twice as fast killing. just dont install "swords change/override/" folder. other thing is that ammount of enemy health is just an initial shock after playing original game. you'll quickly get used to it and probably even think 1.04 is too easy.act 1 ghouls takes so much time because you use steel not silver sword..

No no theres no need to make another version just because i cant hack it lol dont get me wrong i do love the difficulty change its just that every fight is like a boss fight, i will get use to it. And my current status is on act 3 and the swamp is a dreaded place now lol but i will get use to it, i need to find one more rune of my silver sword for a much needed uprgrade, and i need to know more about the game in order to survive, which im sure i will :) thanks flash.

Try fist fighting the champ boxer at the New Narakort inn. He coughs up a blue rune stone as one of your prize possibilities. Hope you didn't fight him already.....

dan, here's your movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1bHKpbjqBgits mod version 3.03 + unlike in the mod i edited berengar to die after 1 hit to avoid any help. this way its even hardersorry for delay

right, sorry that's mejobloggs movie
I see i'm actually in Act IV. I'm stuck on the following:Another Witcher: http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Ripples#Another_Witcher (I basically get owned by these witch things as soon as the fight starts)Underground Griggs: http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Small_Problems#Underground_Griggs (the monster when you walk in kills me all the time. I ran past him once into the rest of the crypt, but then there was just heaps of others lol)

Aloha fellow adventurers. :)I'm using this mod for two days now and all I can say is: It's great! Thank you!But I think, Geralt is a bit weak at the offense so I'd like to uninstall the sword modifications. Greedy as I am, I want to keep the new sword modells and only get rid of the lowered damage.Which file(s) do I have to delete? Maybe "weapon_abl.lua"? And will this give Geralt more horsepower instantly or do I have to start over?

thank you for kind wordsdeleting weapon_abl.lua will bring original weapons damage back. uti files are responsible for models but also for item descriptions so you'll have upgraded item descriptions with removed bonus to damage. thats only cosmetic inconvenience but a word of warning is necessary.
And will this give Geralt more horsepower instantly or do I have to start over?
its should work instantly. in worst scenario it will start working with new sword, not the one currently wielded.

Thanks for the answer, Flash.The item descriptions don't seem to work anyway since I'm using a german installation with english voices only. Geralt wields a meteorite sword (2 reds and 1 blue) at the moment but the description says "damage: +20%" and "pain: +10%" and if I got it right you removed the damage bonus from the meteorites and replaced it with something else, right?

Top Bottom