[TW1][mod] Flash Mod v1.01

+
swords changes
* SWORDS- swords damage bonuses reseted, other bonuses are present- in case of decreased usefulness of a sword without damage bonus, loss is replaced with other bonus;- because moon blade (silver sword) has "only" +100% dmg and dmg is reseted, bonus is replaced with armor penetration like with sihil- red meteorite gives following bonuses in swords:1 piece +15% chance to bleeding2 pieces +30% chance to bleeding3 pieces +50% chance to bleeding (+30% before)- damage dealt by geralt decreased by 30%
oh, upgraded descriptions works only with english and polish text.

As for the descriptions I don't think that's a problem since the changes are well documented. And in my case it's even better they don't work in german. :)Btw, if you ever plan to update those for the german version I'd be glad to assist with translating. All I'd need is the english text you'd want to be translated.

Just landed in Chapter 4, and found out there is NO difference the swords Harvall and Gwaihare (the one you get from the blacksmith's son). I take that back--apparently the sword the blacksmith's son sells you costs twice as much as the one you found in the swamp (wyvern isle). Other than that I see no difference. It leaves me slightly confused.

true. thanks for reporting.of course swords work just fine, what you see is just a typo in item description and has no influence on combat mechanics. i'll fix it in next version of the mod which is about to come.

Hey Flash is there a file(s) in your mod that would conflict with another mod that changes the appearance of geralt, such as a mod that lets you play as eskel? if so do i need it?

you can safely install appearance mod overwriting some files if necessary. there's no conflict between these mods.

Okay well i put the files in the correct folder, and ingame the new model and texture is correct, but the texture has dark blotches all over it, looks very weird, like he has the plague or something. I have tried two different character mods and all have the same effect, i know you didnt make these mods but do you have any idea on what could be conflicting? Maybe i installed your mod incorrectly, what i did was take the all-in-one folder and place it in the witcher/data, i tried placing the modded character files in the data/override and in the allinone/override... lol im lost man someone help?

no no no nonot placing "all in one" folder but the content of all in one folder. you need to place everything what's inside all in one folder in "witcher/data/" folder. first install my mod, then place character mod on top of my mod. im guessing that 1 file will be replaced -appearance.2da. that will make difficulty mod working, it wasnt before if you had everything in "witcher/data/allinone/", but i dont know about character mod. there are many versions of appearance mods on forum, lots of them are incompatible with witcher enchanced edition.

ROFL okay i feel like an idiot but okay its all sorted out now, but to tell the truth the way i had your mod installed it appeared to work just fine, but maybe alot of things didnt work but anyways its all sorted out now :) thanks.

flashintheflesh said:
1) mod is working on all difficulty levels. playing on medium with mod will be harder than without the mod but in-game medium difficulty will be easier than in-game hard. for the flaming cursor, there are 4 ways to know when click again to continue attack sequence:
Not sure what you mean here, if you start a new game does it matter what difficulty you select ingame? will you stil get the same difficutly regardless?Also i just recently got past Act III and the fight where you have to summon the order or squirrels through the portal took me an hour before i figured out you can click on the portal at any time, but that one hour fight was brutal, i swear i killed over 30 salamndras and used up all my swallows, tawny owls and blizzards, and white honey's. really liking this mod. i just wish the moding community had proper tools to make more enemy types. i would love to see skeleton types or a thrall type enemy from myth.

that's an old quote written before i implemented easy=medium=hard mod into difficulty mod. it meant that you can play with mod (3 mod difficulties) on 3 in-game difficulties for even more customisation. i removed that option because i couldnt provide support for all these options like mod 3.03 (very hard) played on in-game easy difficulty. the result is obvious.whole mod is based on hard math. enemy:accuracy,dodge,hp,armor,damage,resistances,immunities,regenare all set and countered by every possible geralt's: dodge, parry, accuracy, damage, hp, resistance, armor,all depending on character development, equipment, potions and oils. everything is checked, tested (got to play with it and win every hardest batttle in game again and again after every change i've made), improved again for better balance, tested, etc. now when someone tell me that he have a problem with this particular fight on mod version x.yz, i know exactly what should be done to win this encounter. im giving tips how and making youtube videos to show it. and i know its possible because its not only checked by playing but with math and math (properly counted) cant lie :p. 3 in-game difficulties + 3 difficulties from mod adds unnecessary math calculations.

Playing mod. 2.04 getting well into chapter 4; my character is now up to level 43. My question is, is there a character level cap? I have (per your advice) upped dexterity to max possible. My strong and fast sword skills--both steel and silver--are maxed. Group sword fighting is at level 4, Igni is maxed, but Aard is only level 3, and the other 3 signs are only level 2. Will that be sufficient, I wonder. Thanks for your feedback on this. If I eventually win 2.04 I'm going to try 3.03 again.

there are few essential talents which helps in combat. these are strength bonus talents improving damage reduction (stone skin and the other one), those increasing hp and accuracy, dodge and parry bonuses from dexterity line. resistances also helps very much, especially those which cannot by gained via potions.level 43 with maxed strength, dexterity, styles and igni is enough to finish whole game on mod version 3.03. you definitely shouldnt have any problems with your well developed witcher.there's no level cap in game but after level 50 you stop getting new talents. that's not a problem since by that time you'll have almost everything maxed.

Victory at mod 2.04!! Unfortunately I again, as in regular hard mode, had to Igni the Grand Master to death. Otherwise I was overwhemed by the Ifrits surrounding him. Would have been nice to fight it out with him with swords, but dead is dead. I will now try ver 3.03 again. You mentioned an upcoming expansion. Will all the changes be in a single folder, or will we have to do the entire download over? Thanks for the mods. It's been almost like playing a new game.

it will be new download. new mod rar's, fully compatible of course. no need to start the game from beggining (it was never necessary).igni grand master you say..ok, i'll make a movie from final battle with GM on mod version 3.03.glad you like the mod.

Yes; with Full Moon, Maribor Forest, Tawny Owl, and Swallow, I had a toxicity level around 70. I was able to fire off Igni blasts about as often as I could press the mouse button. It took 40 to 60 blasts before he went down. The Ifrits appeared undamaged, but each blast blew them backwards (away from me). Ditto for thr King of the Wild Hunt. Strangely, after I installed mod. 3.03 I reloaded to just before the final fight, and tried again. The GM and his servants took a lot more Ignis to go down, but the King of the Wild Hunt wouldn't go down. He took damage--he took enormous amounts of damage--in several different modes. Igni blasts, Aard signs followed by 2 strong sword thrusts; all in all I must have done at least 10,000 HP of damage to him. But all he was showing was a small sliver of damage. Don't know what was going on here.

thanks for the interest :)im, ok.i made complete description of combat mechanics in Polish section. i could improve both the mod and description but few fixes are not enough for my taste so i'm waiting to implement my new features. unfortunately it means i have to wait for promised answers and files from CDPR. without few scripts i'm stuck with half finished work. its 3 weeks of waiting already :(.so now you probably wait for news from me and i'm waiting for news from RED.have fun with 3.03. i'm not posting but it doesn't mean i abandoned this mod. all mod users can count on my full support like it have always been.

Heh, got playing finally, 3.03 and in the Crypt of the first chapter. Haven't advanced Aard yet (just Strong, Fast and all the physical qualities), and the tough guys just don't seem to go down. I generally need a Swallow per 3 of them or so when lured at once - I haven't been able to beat more than one simultaneously. I tried to inflict Pain on them (fully advanced - I don't have Fast Damage upgrades yet thoguh), but it seems like they're very resistant to it and I can only cause Pain once they're about halfway dead already (at which point, I can just swing at them a few times and they'll be in Knockdown range for Aard - I've performed the Ritual of Magic). At what point should I go for the Pain? Also, Pain alone doesn't seem to be enough protection - they still seem to hit me pretty well with it (I have both, Dodge and Parry upgrades of course)? Right now, I'll probably need to rest 'cause of the toxicity caused by all the Swallows I've taken (combined with Tawny Owl & Cat - of course, I've got Necrophage Oil applied too).

inflicting bleeding is much easier since almost all creatures have no resistance to it (beside those immune), its either 0% resistance or 100%. go with bleeding then few swings with fast style for pain. with both effects applied ghouls have 0% chance to hit against your parry skill and 5% against dodge (2 points in strength, dexterity and parry bonus) so you are perfectly safe. just remember about reapplying effects since they expire after about full strong style sequence.with ritual of magic and focus stone you can easily knock them down. wounded enemies (under 50% health) are 4 times more susceptible to aard. lure 1 ghoul at a time and you'll be fine. they are tough because of resistance to steel. later silver sword will whack them.toxicity above 50 is usually a suicide. no potion buff can make up for the penalties from high toxicity. if needed rest 1 hour after drinking cat or/and tawny owl. its an easy method to mass potion effects but i only use it for cat potion since it can make the game too easy if abused.

Top Bottom