[TW1][mod] Flash Mod v1.01

+
Out of curiosity, I tried installing the walk and wounds sections of this mode for the last bit of my current play though before I start over using one of the hard versions and noticed that I now need to have the DVD in the drive in order to play (I am using a regular version with the downloaded EE patch). Has anyone else run into this while using parts of this mod? It’s not really all that big of a deal and the changes are completely worth having to go back to using the DVD again but I thought maybe I am doing something wrong if nobody else has run into this…

I have a question about the Bruxae and Alps that hit you when you've ingested Black Blood. They don't seem to be affected by the potion, and it appears they suck your endurance rather than your vitality. When I close to hand to hand with them, even with necrophage oil on the blade, I do them very little damage, while they kick my butt with amazing speed. I've read that there is a Vampire oil, but I've yet to find the recipe. As a result my fights with them consist of a lot of Igni's and a lot of running (fortunately they're not very quick). The longest fight was with the Bruxa in the crypt under the trade quarter--the one Yaevenn sends you to. That took over an hour of actual play time.

mathmage said:
Out of curiosity, I tried installing the walk and wounds sections of this mode for the last bit of my current play though before I start over using one of the hard versions and noticed that I now need to have the DVD in the drive in order to play (I am using a regular version with the downloaded EE patch). Has anyone else run into this while using parts of this mod? It’s not really all that big of a deal and the changes are completely worth having to go back to using the DVD again but I thought maybe I am doing something wrong if nobody else has run into this…
no mod can affect dvd check or any kind of security measures in the game. i used many kind of mods and never had to use dvd with EE.
mathmage said:
I have a question about the Bruxae and Alps that hit you when you've ingested Black Blood. They don't seem to be affected by the potion, and it appears they suck your endurance rather than your vitality. When I close to hand to hand with them, even with necrophage oil on the blade, I do them very little damage, while they kick my butt with amazing speed. I've read that there is a Vampire oil, but I've yet to find the recipe. As a result my fights with them consist of a lot of Igni's and a lot of running (fortunately they're not very quick). The longest fight was with the Bruxa in the crypt under the trade quarter--the one Yaevenn sends you to. That took over an hour of actual play time.
necrophage oil only works on carrion eaters. you'll get vampire oil recipy in act 4, until then i recommend argentia or brown oil. personally i prefer brown oil due to bleeding debuff.

Out of curiosity I had a rune sword constructed which only increased sensitivitty to silver (3 moon runes and 45 % increased sensitivity to silver I believe). This sword seems to inflict more damage on Alps (and hopefully Bruxae). As for the gigantic whatever it was in the crypt in the fields (chapter 4), the big dummy had walled himself up in his own home made oven. So, I obliged and baked him in said oven. Took a hell of a lot of Igni's, but the one time I let the bum out he stomped poor Geralt flat in no time.

most monsters are vulnerable to silver. they recieve 200% damage from it so 45% on the sword mean. 2 x 1.45 = 2.9 -> much more damage. some monsters recieve even more damage from silver like 250% or 350% (werewolf). obviously 1.45 x 2.5 and 1.45 x 3.5 is worth even more.big dummy in the crypt? you mean garkain? he's a real killer, vampire version of cemetaur.

I've got a couple of questions. I've noticed that folders such as override and utc don't exist in my data folder. I am just to create them?Also what is the difference between berengar's sword and normal steel witcher sword?Also if I'm using difficulty changes, does it matter which difficulty I select in game?

@hamengalar1. create them manually or just allow winrar or whatever decompressing tool to do it while you install the mod by dragging folders.2. berengar sword is another sword model. normally rusty sword, witcher sword, temerian sword and all forged steel swords looked the same. now witcher sword, temerian sword and forged swords look different.3. nope, it doesnt matter anymore. but well, there are differences.. all in-game difficulties are the same but on easy and medium you get flaming sword cursor indicating when to click to continue attack sequence. you can play on medium with sword cursor and mod difficulty which suits you.all changes can be installed seperately if you choose. if you wish to avoid some changes just list them and i'll explain which files you should use. of course i recommend using all changes for best result :)game is much more difficult but every single enemy stats were planned basing both on game experience and detailed math from game files. in case of any problems i'll explain how to defeat each enemy.have fun

It was the monster the village chief was offering a reward for if you brought him its head. I guess you're supposed to use Aard to knock down the wall, so you can close to fight him. I did that once, and got promptly stomped. Soo.. second try I thought, "Wonder if I can fry him through the holes in the wall?" I could, and I did. In this mod. you have to take advantage of every oppurtunity you get. After he was cooked I knocked down the wall to collect his head. This crypt (in the fields) is potentially a fantastic "grind" area, except you virtually have to save after every kill. The game was crashing every 5 minutes I was in it (the crypt). I also noticed you seem to have really toughened up Dagon on the Lady of the Lake's island. I know the key to taking him out is (or was) to kill all his followers. That's MUCH harder now. Aard and hack don't work now; you have to knock them down to less than half their HP, then Aard them. Problem is he's continuously healing them. Guess I'll come back later when I'm over level 40. Still enjoying the mod 3.03.

How important are the changes for armor and swords. I guess most of swords and armors were downgraded? I'm not using these two mods so far. I don't like the fact that yellow meteorite sword has a different texture and I'm not thrilled that armors have additional slots. Is it possible to use sword mod, but without changing the texture and the looks of the yellow meteorite sword (I really dislike that model of a sword)

Is it possible to use sword mod, but without changing the texture and the looks of the yellow meteorite sword (I really dislike that model of a sword)
either-weapon parameters-model + descriptions-bothhow important it is? its a part of the mod. having +100% to damage on some swords bonus is huge change. just read mod description on first page for details.armor slots is cosmetic change. why couldn't you use 3 potion quick slots on all armors while all armor models clearly show 3 places for potion? same with 2 short weapon slots. does other armors have less space on legs or something?

flashintheflesh said:
Is it possible to use sword mod, but without changing the texture and the looks of the yellow meteorite sword (I really dislike that model of a sword)
either-weapon parameters-model + descriptions-bothhow important it is? its a part of the mod. having +100% to damage on some swords bonus is huge change. just read mod description on first page for details.armor slots is cosmetic change. why couldn't you use 3 potion quick slots on all armors while all armor models clearly show 3 places for potion? same with 2 short weapon slots. does other armors have less space on legs or something?
Sorry for being a pain in the arse. However your description only mentiones changes to two swords in paramaters (and one of them I don't plan to use). I do agree that armor slots is cosmetic changes and nitpicking (after all I don't have to use them right if I don't want to, right?). However I dislike this model of all yellow meteorite sword (on the other hand I doubt I'll ever use him). Would it be possible for exampleto use a model for him from some other meteorite sword? Could it be done through djinni editor? If so, I'll try to do it myself.

One thing you haven't accounted for in your mods is the fact that if you cast an area effect sign (most notably Igni) into the middle of a mass of fighters it's going to do damage to ALL of them. Friends and foes alike will be burned by an Igni. Friends and foes alike will be knocked off their feet by an Aard. And, if Geralt runs through his own Yrden, he's going to get cut too. Just something to ponder for mod 4.04 maybe.

Similar to MathMages post earlier, I also get a "Insert DVD" message. However, after clicking on Cancel, the game starts. This newly happened with the installation of the "Insane difficulty mod"Which brings me to another thing: I've downloaded the 2.04_eng version and installed the "all_in_one" part. After a bit of gameplay I'd rather like to deinstall the "difficult" part of the mod, without installing all the nice new gimmicks.The "Uninstall" section on WitcherVault mentions the following:
However, 'Scripts' and 'Dialogues' folders contain original game files, and you should restore the original files and remove modified ones (backup is also provided by Flash in the package).
However, I can only find the "dialog_3" and "dialog_5" to be provided and fool that I am, I didn't do any backup myself.I'd be greatful if somebody could provide with the "how to" of deinstalling those modified scripts.edit: Almost forgot, good job, Flash_in_the _Flesh! :beer:

Just finished the game in mod 3.03. Unfortunately I had to Igni the Grand Master to death again. I don't see how you can possibly sword fight him when you are surrounded by fire Ifrits who attack from all sides as soon as you quit casting Igni. The King of the Wild Hunt was frustrating to say the least. I had knocked him down to about half strength, using a combination of Igni, Aard--followed by 2 strong style silver sword thrusts--and Yrden. This took up over an hour of game play. Then the game crashed. I had just used 8 hours of computer time to defrag my hard drive, and the game crashed anyway. Ticked off as Hell, I restarted at just before fighting the GM, kicked his butt, then told the KOTWH to take his damn soul if he wanted it that bad. They really need to do something about this game crashing so often. In Chapter 4 it got so bad I was saving after every monster I killed. Just to show me, the game crashed once while I was saving. I am playing off the enhanced edition of the game, and it seems to me they really need to do a crash patch. Fast. Anyway the game was great till the absolute end. I just lack the patience to refight an hour and a half battle to save the GM's soul, especially since he's going to go to Hell anyhow. I finished as a level 46 witcher, with all sword abilities maxed (except group steel). All 5 attributes were maxed, except for bomb making, since I've never used them even when I could make them. Igni was absolutely maxed, and Aard and Yrden were 4th level. Really fun mod in spite of the crashes.

DanConnors said:
Friends and foes alike will be knocked off their feet by an Aard. And, if Geralt runs through his own Yrden, he's going to get cut too.Just something to ponder for mod 4.04 maybe.
i never encountered spiking myself with buffed yrden nor normal version. aard and igni doesn't work on friends (green marker), but works on neutrals (blue marker). this is how it should be.
DanConnors said:
I'd be greatful if somebody could provide with the "how to" of deinstalling those modified scripts.
only these files are backed up because there's no need to backup the rest. you can safely delete all scripts.to remove difficulty part delete "monsters_abl.lua", "opponent_abl.lua" and "npc_abl.lua".
DanConnors said:
Just finished the game in mod 3.03. Unfortunately I had to Igni the Grand Master to death again.
GM and king fight took me the most time to balance. i know it's possible to whack GM and ifrits because arfter changing every number in files i killed him again to be sure. in the end i have really high GM kill count :p. at this state i'm satisfied with the result. last boss fight is very hard, like it's supposed to be but doesn't requre specific character development. more, while balancing this fight i was using old savegames from before the mod, so my Geralt was "only" level 40 :p with poor potion supply.GM isn't all that hard alone. just kill the ifrits and rest is hard but rather formality. ifrits need quen + yrden + group style + patience. you can even do it without yrden, just quen + group style. just attack in the right moment, quen, reposition and repeat.sorry to hear about crashes. i'm one of those lucky players who have no problems with EE.

Our own artillery and bombs shouldn't kill our own troops--this is how it should be. However if the enemy troops are in hand to hand combat with our troops when they are bombed and shelled our troops WILL be injured and killed. This is how it IS. From what I have seen and read Igni is an area affecting fire attack, and fire burns anything in its path. In the original Baldur's Gate they realised this, and you had to be extremely careful when and where you used the fireball spell. It was possible to kill members of your party and neutrals (who immediately became hostile). Later they lowered the power of the fireball (as you have lowered the power of Igni) and said that in normal play it will only harm enemies (Neverwinter Nights II). But they left an out; if you choose to play the game under hard core D&D rules your area effect spells will still injure or kill your own players. So, still something to think about for Insane Mod 4.04.

Hi, this is really a great mod however, have you moved or removed the Mahakaman Rune Sihill from the game because I would either like to know where it is or know which files to remove/uninstall.While were on the subject, same question for the Moon Blade.

i haven't touched item placement. sihill was removed from the field in act 4 in official patch 1.3. moon blade iirc was always available only in act 5

Is it difficult to un-install/changed the mod or its parts?And on what signs should I concentrate with this mod (probably the hard version)?Thanks(Sorry if these questions had been already asked.)

Top Bottom