[TW1][mod] Flash Mod v1.01

+
to uninstall the mod you just need to delete its files. how will you know which files? just open the rar archive and look which files it contains. basicaly you can delete whole override, quests, utc, uti folder and few files from scripts folder. there are also 2 backup files just in case.which signs? you mean in character development?like always i completely avoid axii. quen is very, very helpful but doesn't need more then level 2 + few bonuses to work as it should. yrden is extremely helpful because it can seriously cripple, weaken and hurt enemy but only if you invest in it. igni is always good and depending on your playstyle you can consider maxing it. aard, like igni was extremely overpowered in vanilla witcher. now enemies are more resistant to it and stronger monsters are immune to aard effects. still its a guaranteed stun-1hit-kill on humans/dwarves/elves. level 3 aard is good, if you can spare more talents it's good skill to invest leftovers.most important skill in the game is dexterity + dodge and parry bonuses, then accuracy bonus, strength + damage reduction bonuses and sword styles to increase damage. endurance and inteligence like always is necessary if you focus on signs. resistance talents are very helpful but if you know potions well you can use them instead (i.e. use willow potion to make yourself immunte to stun and knockdown).its very important to be mobile in battles. you must move around and avoid being hit by multiple opponents. there's always a place where only 1-2 enemy can hit you at a time. being crowded means death.you might find my youtube movies useful. these are showing some of toughest fights in the game with highest difficulty version of the mod.if you have further questions i'll gladly answer themhave fun

Whoa!!!! Are you saying you can have more than one oil in effect on one sword at a time???? I thought as soon as you applied one oil or grindstone it completely removed the effects of the first. Would it be possible, for instance, to have both necrophage and spectral oil on the same sword at the same time? If so that could completely change the game for me. Also, just out of curiosity, I wonder if the tactics I was using on King of the Wild Hunt (Igni, Aard followed by 2 strong silver hits, plus Yrden) would have eventually worked if my game hadn't crashed over an hour into the fight. I had him down to slightly less than half strength at that point, but I was starting to run low on white honeys--think I was down to four.

yes, it's a bug i've reported to CDPR.just in case, i'd like to assure it has nothing to do with the mod. bug exist in vanilla witcheryes but aard is unnecessary unless you want to push the king away. king is immune to all critical effects so only pure damage can hurt him. strong style and igni works the best.you can always quen, run, regenerate if you are short on potions. last fight is meant to be hard and big supply of potions is helpful.

Thanks for the answers. So I may remove any part of the mod without having to restart the game?As for the signs, why don't you use Axii? I have been thinking lately to start using it, as it helped me greatly in the "Side Effects".What does "in-game tips" part do? I adds new topics to the journal?Thanks

I've just noticed something strange. Temerian steel sword apparently does the same damage as the witcher steel sword. Not that it matters much, I'm just wondering why?

yes, it's nothing surprising. i listed all changes in mod description on the first page.the reason for these changes is to allow player to use more swords in the game and avoid unbalanced huge damage bonuses. without the mod players usually used only 5 steel swords and 3 silver swords:-normal witcher sword-1 forged sworded usually in act 1/2-harvall-gwalhir-sihillrest of steel swords wasn't worth the fuss-normal silver sword-1 forged silver sword-aerondightswords have many bonuses but all of them were ignored because of damage bonus. illegal sword, elven swords, forged swords, harvall, gwalhir, sihill. all of them are now equally attractive.

flashintheflesh said:
yes, it's nothing surprising. i listed all changes in mod description on the first page.the reason for these changes is to allow player to use more swords in the game and avoid unbalanced huge damage bonuses. without the mod players usually used only 5 steel swords and 3 silver swords:-normal witcher sword-1 forged sworded usually in act 1/2-harvall-gwalhir-sihillrest of steel swords wasn't worth the fuss-normal silver sword-1 forged silver sword-aerondightswords have many bonuses but all of them were ignored because of damage bonus. illegal sword, elven swords, forged swords, harvall, gwalhir, sihill. all of them are now equally attractive.
Hm, point taken, but I don't see why should I rather use temerian than witcher steel sword. Also, not all of us go for damage. For instance i prefered earth and moon rune silver sword to aerondight because of silver sensitivity and knockdown effect.Also could you detail a bit better how is damage counted, when taking in account silver sensitivity and/or oils.You mentioned that silver sensitive monsters get 100% more damage from silver swords, right?For instance two moon, one earth silver sword in original has 30% damage bonus and 30% silver sensitivity bonus. Would the calcualtions for damage go something like this?100% normal damage + 30% damage bonus = 130% damage as base.Silver sensitvity adds up to 100% normal + 30% = 130% silver sensitivity.130% of 130% is 169% so that would be damage bonuse because of silver sensitivity.In the end we have 130% of base damage plus 169% of silver damage = 299% damage.Using that calculations aerondight would do 160% damage as a base and after we apply silver sensitivity it ends up as 320% damage.is that correct?

correct calculation looks like this:silver sensitivity is most ofter 200%, sometimes higher. weapon multiplier is 0.7 with modexample from mod version 3.03:level 3 strong silver style attack:base damage per hit 8-165 hitsstrength level 1bonus +5% dmgstrength level 2 bonus +5% dmgstrength level 3 bonus +10% dmgstrength level 4 bonus +10% dmgaggression +10% dmglevel 3 strong silver style attack damage upgrade +20% dmgarmor penetration: -35% to enemy armorenemy flederfleder armor: 0.65 recieved damagedamage recieved from silver 200%one attack damage: base + s t r e n g t h m u l t i p l i e r s + silver + style upg. / armor * armor penetration(5 * 8-16 * (1 + 0.05 + 0.05 + 0.10 + 0.10 + 0.10 + 1.0 + 0.2)) * 0.65 * 1.35 = (40-80 * 2.6) * 0.8775 = 104-208 * 0.8775 = 91.26-182.52 per attack18.25-36.5 per hitnot including sword oils

Maybe you should consider adding this great mod:Ingredients Icons changedInstallation: Simply extract /OVERRIDE directory into .../Data directoryAuthor: onionradishhttp://witcher.phx.pl/mody/ingredients.jpg(from http://www.witcher.phx.pl/index.php?action=mody_en)After reading the entire topic I'm going to give 2.04 a try :)Btw, do you have plans to actually making non-sword weapons a bit more useful?

@flash_in_the_flesh: great mod integrationmight i make a small suggestion? ::)can you attach a flash_mod_1.04_eng_readme.txt and so on to the archives?maybe use that text file that i've attached to my post as a template10Qalso, some files like hela_q1_1.utc, have different versions in the all_in_one version than in the standalone version, any reason for that ?

@bigesthese icons looks nice. i'll try to contact onionradish to be sure he has nothing against using his work.@licaon_kterwill doi'm currently working on 5 projects:-complete combat mechanics description (which i already posted on Polish section, now i need to update it with new info)-complete combat rebalance mod making the game more realistic (changing character development, items, geralt's and enemies statistics, new talents as a replacement)-new version of 1.0x, 2.0x, 3.0x mods-working in ifrit team-fallout 3 combat rebalance mod :plot of work, don't know when it'll finish. quality is most important
also, some files like hela_q1_1.utc, have different versions in the all_in_one version than in the standalone version, any reason for that ?
my mistake. one version is with original hela's head model, other is with ER head model.

flashintheflesh said:
@licaon_kterwill do
10qanother thing, the "in-game tips" DLGs are there just to support the item modifications or what ?
flashintheflesh said:
i'm currently working on 5 projects:....-fallout 3 combat rebalance mod :p
oh, maybe you use the readme there too, as i see that if the Oblivion modders took the template of the readme from the Morrowind mods, while the FO3 modders did not, and every readme becomes less useful as things are not always fully explained
my mistake. one version is with original hela's head model, other is with ER head model.
which one should be used? as i don't know the differencesother differences:line 9 in file scripts/item_abl.lua:standalone armor change:
Code:
DefAbility({Name = "it_witcharm_001"})
standalone difficulty change and all_in_one
Code:
DefAbility({Name = "it_witcharm_001", AttrsMod = {Armor_Mult = 1.3}})

another thing, the "in-game tips" DLGs are there just to support the item modifications or what ?
text changes include new item descriptions to fit their new statistics, bestiary updates to fit monster immunities, resistances and vulnerabilities, detailed and fixed talents descriptions. original talents and swords descritpions are full of bugs
it's only Carmen hair color. the difference is only visual one. case of aesthetics and personal taste. some people prefer old head model, others like new model.i'll check files on witchervault at morning. all versions of the mod on my hdd have the same "hela_q1_1.utc" file in all_in_one and standalone folders. maybe i sent by mistake mods with this "feature" to witchervault.
other differences:line 9 in file scripts/item_abl.lua:
it_witcharm_001 is witcher shirt -> geralt without armor. i assumed nobody will run without an armor but then one mod user (forgot the name, sorry) found this out so i've added armor multiplier to avoid possible exploits. basically without multiplier shirt provides better protection then armors.thanks for reporting it. worst scenario when i fix something but forget to replace all old files in the mod :whatthe:

I think your mod will utlimately result into something like 3E or EEE :) Like also compromising the best of other mods.

there is a REST button, implemented in the override/actions.2da file, that has no text in the game menu as the attached picture shows, and it does not do anything anyway
...30 Alchemy Panels 148 90 **** 1736 31 Rest Panels 107 **** **** 2409 32 IsoCamera Camera 142 12 **** 1643 ...
this action is present in the standalone mod and in the all_in_one mod, but it's not present in the original walk modother suggestions:-the 'Silver sword retexture' and 'Black steel sword' mods by Kimono( better silver, better steel, also this makes it easier to know what sword you got in hand ;) )-the 'Monsoon Rain Mod' by john1231-the 'A Sleeveless Geralt' mod by Lochlain-the'Silence Is Golden' mod by gloomfrost-maybe 'Free rest in inns mod' by tonnir01 ( but i guess it needs to be updated for the EE )

yes, i tried to enable binding of rest action but unfortunately it doesn't work. the only way i can think of to enable rest now is by adding rest action to item but it's not what i intend to do in this mod. this mod is about rebalancing the game, making it harder, more realistic, bugfree and better by adding new features. all of this possibly close to sapkowski's books.rest from items would be awkward and unrealisticmods you suggest are compatible with my mod so there's no need to include them in one rar archive. everyone who likes them can use them along with difficulty mod with no conflict.free rest is also compatible if it works at all in ER. i'm always enemy of cheating and unbalance so if it doesn't work i leave fixing it to others.

Since parry and dodge are so important here, that would mean that blizzard could be a very useful potion, however that stupid slow-mo does more harm than the bonuses are worth, I can fight much more effectively without blizzard than with it. Is it possible to mod it out, or at least drasticaly reduce it?

it will be when modders will gain access to potion files. no changes until then. i'm looking to fix it for a long time, it's bugging me so much i don't use blizzard at all.

The red meteorite description says it adds +15% damage. However a sword forged from it does not have any damage bonus. Is this OK?

Damage bonuses are supposed to be removed from all swords. However I've just found a Harvall in the Act IV in the Fields and unlike the one from the swamp it has "old" properties - +30% damage, +20% bonus to disarm, pain and precise hit.

Top Bottom