[TW1][mod] Flash Mod v1.01

+
Only a warning: I used the save game editor to change a minor thing (add/remove some talents) and many decriptions strangely reverted to the original.I don't know if it is a persistent problem, but I reverted to an un-edited save game. I'll just wait for the next level to better distibute my talents :)

Biges said:
Only a warning: I used the save game editor to change a minor thing (add/remove some talents) and many decriptions strangely reverted to the original.I don't know if it is a persistent problem, but I reverted to an un-edited save game. I'll just wait for the next level to better distribute my talents :)
You just gave me an idea! I have a problem that I think has to do with the big saves this mod creates. I recently had to reinstall the game, and after that the game always crashes when loading "old" saves. But I'll try editing the saves with the save game editor and see if that maybe re-creates them.

savegames with this mod aren't any different from original savegames. as for savegame editor, i don't know. never encoutered such problem.

Hi !and Thanks a lot Flash for your great mod. I started playing with it (version 2.04) at the beginning of act2, after getting out the sewer. I'm playing a french version of the Witcher EE, and with mod I have the same talent descriptions than before mod. I think that the new and corrected dscriptions are not available for french version. Can someone confirm it ? So is there a possibility to have new talent descriptions in-game ? Is there a langage parameter file that I can modify to switch the descritpion in english ? (as an original english commercial version)I prefer correct english descriptions as french bugged ones. If not, can you tell me where I can read the new detailed and fixed talent descriptions, in which file are they implemented ? Thanks !

NocturnoCulto said:
So is there a possibility to have new talent descriptions in-game ? Is there a langage parameter file that I can modify to switch the descritpion in english ? (as an original english commercial version)I prefer correct english descriptions as french bugged ones. If not, can you tell me where I can read the new detailed and fixed talent descriptions, in which file are they implemented ?
only if someone translates themdialog_3.tlk is for Englishdialog_5.tlk is for Polish

Thanks ! I have renamed the dialog_3.tlk to dialog_11.tlk (which is used in french version, and I backuped the original dialog_11.tlk first). It works now: all attributes and talents descriptions are in english. But I've read some pages before that with mod, text changes include bestiary updates with monster immunity and tips too, and new item descriptions. And my bestiary is still in french, as well as the item descriptions. Does anybody know which other file I have to modify or switch ?Thanks.

file responsible for bestiary is in dialogues folder - bestiary.dlg, item descriptions are in uti folder. unfortunately there's no simple way to switch languages there because all languages are in these files and the game recognize them from in-game options. i would have to manually switch descriptions inside the files and i'm kinda busy now.

Hi guys! :peace:I'm new here and I just wanna know if this mod could alter langauges in some way,'cause I have intalled the game to italian version.Thanks for an answer! :teeth: :wave:

hello.this mod only alters english and polish text in game. other language versions are left untouched.

flashintheflesh said:
hello.this mod only alters english and polish text in game. other language versions are left untouched.
Thanks man for answered! :DI have another question:I don't know if this thread is the right thread, but I'll try...Are there other mods compatible with EE Insane Difficulty Mod that don't alter languages?Do you advise me any?Thanks again :teeth:

there are few other mods beside this one. most other mods are cheating - giving best items in prologue etc, there are also few retextures and changing the model of Geralt. i won't recommend any cheating mods but that's just my playstyle. i prefer making the game harder not easier, especially that original is very easy.from other mods, J_Slash is making nice, original and useful mods.you can try this one: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=21855.0it's making the game easier but rather by saving your precious time not by giving best items, skills, money etc.all mods should be fully compatible unless they overwrite other mod's files.

thread renamed, mod version renamed. ver 1.0 because all difficulty levels are available in one file.[size=14pt]new mod version 1.0[/size]- undead immune to fear- kikimore workers no longer recieve magic damage multiplied by 100- woref is no longer vulnerable to silver- fixes in talents descriptions- stronger kokacydium- alghoul's, ozzrel's and nadir's fire resistance increased- perun rune fixed- wyvern's aard resistance increased- fixed missing temerian sword model- fixed error in harvall description- no more manual installations, new version of the mod has automatic installer which contains all difficulty levels and changes. fully customisable installationinstaller

I don't know who to contact on this problem which has suddenly appeared with my extended edition insane difficulty mod 3.03 game. To be brief I have lost all sound in the game--no sound effects, no music. This is a game specific problem; my other games run their sound fine. The Witcher ran its sound fine until today. I've been playing this game for 6 months with no sound problems till now. Can anyone HELP!!! 8 LONG hours later--- I eventually completely removed the game from my hard drive, and then reinstalled it. The sound now works fine, but your insane difficulty mod is gone. I now wonder if there is a connection??

DanConnors said:
I eventually completely removed the game from my hard drive, and then reinstalled it. The sound now works fine, but your insane difficulty mod is gone. I now wonder if there is a connection??
If you uninstall the game, the mod goes down the bin as well. A perfect chance to use the new mod installer :).

no idea what happened. you are the first one reporting such problem and the mod from its construction and files have absolutely no influence on sound settings and files.
DanConnors said:
perfect chance to use the new mod installer :).
did i mentioned that installer means that there's also automatic uninstaller? :)edit: i've updated the mod on moddb. i had to fix few error in license and readme file and added new icon. it means that new file awaits for authorisation and it's temporary blocked from download.im sorry for inconvinience.

flashintheflesh said:
flashintheflesh said:
perfect chance to use the new mod installer :).
did i mentioned that installer means that there's also automatic uninstaller? :)
I have yet to try it, but this packaging sounds really awesome! :peace:. So much easier to select level and contents, even for a more "Windows experienced" guy like me :).Now, if you could just implement an "Harder difficulty but not on Kikmore warriors"-option... ;). Still find those bugs hard as ----: one stun from them (usually one hit) and you're dead.

Fiskrens said:
Now, if you could just implement an "Harder difficulty but not on Kikmore warriors"-option... ;). Still find those bugs hard as ----: one stun from them (usually one hit) and you're dead.
oh, but thats why they are so charming ;)such a big chitinous tank should be as strong as graveir and they are almost identical + insectoid immunity to pain and bleeding. only this immunity makes them so strongmod is authorised and ready to download at moddb

I think I got 3.03 back--had no luck with the new mod. I was amazed playing the original "hard" mode how easy it was to kill Graviers even in packs of 4 or 5 (in the crypt). I guess insane mod has spoiled the original game for me. It's just too easy.

Top Bottom