[TW1][mod] Flash Mod v1.01

+
I forgot that I wanted to share an observation I made: the walk button works in isometric camera as well as in OTS.I thought this might be worth to note in the readme where it says that it's for OTS camera only.

do add a game path detection to the installer, read this registry key:32bit Windows: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CD Projekt Red\The Witcher\InstallFolder64bit Windows: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\CD Projekt Red\The Witcher\InstallFolderAFAIK "werewolf fur" mod only applies to new games, right?but if unpack a savegame, replace q3029_healwolf.qst and repack it, would it actually work ok?

i'll update installer between exams on uni :dead:werewolf quest mod should work with game in progress before act 2.
LicaonKter said:
but if unpack a savegame, replace q3029_healwolf.qst and repack it, would it actually work ok?
i've never looked into witcher savegame structure. if this file is compressed into savegame then replacing it would probably fix the quest but there might be unpleasent consequences and serious bugs. journal entries, npc's in wrong places f.e carmen both on swamp and in vizima and few others.

flashintheflesh said:
i've never looked into witcher savegame structure. if this files is compressed into savegame then replacing it would probably fix the quest but there might be unpleasent consequences and serious bugs. journal entries, npc's in wrong places f.e carmen both on swamp and in vizima and few others.
i believe ( not yet tested ) that the quest files are the same, but the changes are marked in other files

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
i've never looked into witcher savegame structure. if this files is compressed into savegame then replacing it would probably fix the quest but there might be unpleasent consequences and serious bugs. journal entries, npc's in wrong places f.e carmen both on swamp and in vizima and few others.
i believe ( not yet tested ) that the quest files are the same, but the changes are marked in other files
Actually, the quest files in the savegame do change according what phase of the quest you are at, but if you replace the file before you start the quest, you should be fine.Also, if you already started the quest, you can edit the file in Djinni, or any GFF editor, and put it back with the savegame, all flags in the quest should stay intact.

I'm playing on insanity in Act 1, about half way through the act, got the Meteorite Sword. I'm having trouble with the ghouls - just the ordinary ghouls seem like they are invulnerable. Tried Nec oil and Crin Oil, tried strong and fast, but having no luck. What's the trick? I'm guessing more points in strength and strong steel. These buggers are tough! ;D

strength, sword style and necrophage oil will increase damage. at half health you can knock them down with aard or even at the beggining if you have it well developed and with place of power magic ritual. remember to inflict bleeding and pain then with high dexterity in 1v1 fight you are safe as ghoul wont hit you. remember it's temporary problem, you'll kill them easily with silver sword.

I'm level 7 or 8 on Insanity full mode in Act 1, I have the Meteorite Sword (2 reds, 1 blue). I'm having fun and doing ok with everything so far except for the ghouls. For some reason I cannot take them down. I've tried nec oil, crin oil, mixing strong and fast styles, but no luck. They bleed me too fast and I cannot damage them enough. Suggestions? :)

level 2 dexteritylevel 2 strengthdodge and parry upgradeslevel 2 strong styleswallow and tawny owl potion + necrophage oilbleeding+pain applied, aard when half hp. if you have igni use it all the time and as a starter attack.

Ooops, that's right! :-[I guess that's why I can only play the game with normal difficulty - whe I tried the lowest of your difficulty settings, the first barghest that crossed my path ripped me to shreds. Repeatedly. And I don't even get a meteorite sword in the first act, because I wait for three of the same kind...

Re: the ghouls in Act 1, I have strength 2 dex 2 parry and dodge, including Regeneration, plus all the Strong Steel, still can't kill them. I have Fast steel 1 and 2, but I guess I'll need Paralysis I & 2 in Fast Steel to have a chance. Back to the Echinops for a bit then :)

hundreds of players tried ver 3.03 and you are the first one who have problems with ghouls. difficulty levels in installer version are identical to ver 1.04, 2.04, 3.03 beside few fixes listed in changelog. maybe install the mod with lower difficulty.i just killed 4 ghouls without necrophage oil; 3 fights, once 2v1. true, it's hard to inflict pain and bleeding without style upgrade talents but still nothing serious.

It's odd. because I can handle everything else so far in Act 1. ... Maybe I installed it incorrectly? I ran the setup.exe and installed into The Witcher Enhanced Edtion folder. I like the mod, I'll keep at :)

It's possible to get the Igni sign in the crypt without defeating the ghouls. You need a cat potion--preferably one with rubedo dominant, tawny owl, and swallow. You need to put distance between yourself and all the ghouls to acquire the sign. You then need to again put distance between yourself, the ghouls, and the exit, so that you can get out of the place. It's not easy, but it CAN be done. Ideally you'll have saved the skill points for your last level up, which you can put into Igni. The Igni sign is probably the single most powerful sign in the game, even though it's drastically weakened in the insane difficulty. It--Igni--has a great effect against most enemies, but particularly against undead (at least lower level undead). I also found that on this new version one mod I was able to kill ghouls by putting crinfield oil on my steel sword and attacking with a mix of strong and fast steel. This was as a level 7 weakling with no Igni. The deal is you don't go toe to toe with them. Rush in, two strong steels, two fast steels, drop back, and repeat till it's dead. At the time this happened I had wakened all the ghouls in the crypt. Fortunately ghouls are very stupid; out of sight out of mind. So it was possible for me to isolate them, one by one, and kill them. The first time I went through the 3.03 mod I thought killing one at level 7 was impossible, but I guess my sword fighting's gotten better with practice.

Also, don't go for the final encounter (with the hellhound) until killing ghouls has gotten pretty easy. Make sure you kill the two trophy beasts; one for the XP and money, two for the piece of red meteorite in the crypt. Collect ridiculous amounts of herbs, and buy all the hard liquor you can get your hands on. If ghouls are still giving you trouble, and you go for the hellhound, it will MAKE EXTREMELY SHORT WORK OF YOU. I recommend at least level 12 before taking it on.

DelightfulMcCoy said:
Ooops, that's right! :-[And I don't even get a meteorite sword in the first act, because I wait for three of the same kind...
Don't want to get, you mean - kind of a difference ;). You can always sell the meteorites at the same time as you upgrade the swords. Saves you some money and allows you to buy a better sword later on.I was level 9 at the time of the hellhound - but that was on "hardest", not insane.

Top Bottom