[TW1][mod] Flash Mod v1.01

+
I'm just gonna say, with proper playing, I haven't needed to level grind at all while playing the 3.03 mod. With proper playing, I mean proper tactical choices. For example, against Ghouls, they have a bit shorter reach than you and your first attacks force them to retreat, so a good tactic is to make first and second strongstyle attack as they approach and pull. If you do it properly, they'll never get a hit in. I used to have huge trouble with Ghouls too when I tried to fight them, but as I figured that out, I stopped taking damage in fights against them and didn't even really need Swallow or Tawny Owl. Ozzrel was tougher, but that's because the fight took so long that I lost concentration and it hit hard.I had the same Pain-issue too; I just didn't seem able to deal Pain to Ghouls, so I resorted to the above strategy and it worked fine. Nowadays, I have no trouble dealing the pain and all that. Back then it was a pain though.

Well I quit playing the hardest version because I had the same problem with it which I had with the unmodded game.In the unmodded game you don't see the last attack sequences because the enemy goes down too fast. But with the hardest setting you also don't see them because you have to retreat (or use Quen) after one or two sequences to regain health. You have to be constantly on the move. So I switched to the second hardest setting (was 2.04) and found this to be the most balanced one. Now I can deliver a whole series of attacks thus watch Geralt's "dance" in full length and retreat AFTER that. I still have to use potions and ALL the signs (except Axii). Heck, I even bought a talisman for drowned dead, something I never did in the vanilla game.This is what makes this mod so special: even if I use everything the game has to offer it doesn't become too easy. :)

Also, one thing about the Coc katrice: It has the same weakness as Ghouls, although it's fast enough to get to you. You can start an attack sequence before it can hit you, which buys you valuable extra hits. Also, one thing to remember is that while your equipment disappears, your fast item slot(s) will remain untouched, so if you don't mind "cheating", you can easily pack an oil/potion of your choice.

Thanks for fixing the bug with the graviers in the sewer/crypt. I've dropped over 70 of them, so far, this play through, and the earlier problem with time freezing after each kill has not appeared. Also, the bodies are still giving off remains, if only a gravier skull. The big guys have yielded me about 35,000 XP so far, and even though I'm up to level 22 each kill still nets 490 XP.

DanConnors said:
Thanks for fixing the bug with the graviers in the sewer/crypt. I've dropped over 70 of them, so far, this play through, and the earlier problem with time freezing after each kill has not appeared.
What's that? Is that a bug from the mod or the game and where's the fix? I suffer this too and it's very annoying, because otherwise the graviers are among my favorite monsters and I enjoy fighting them very much.~°~After reading the last couple pages in this thread, I am again tempted to give the new difficulty another shot, because it gives a whole new meaning to what being a witcher is. But I think I figured out what my real problem with difficult fighting is: I only use the mouse for movement and that cripples me. I just don't have the motor skills in my left hand to use WASD. So the whole keep moving concept doesn't really work for me. I can use the arrow keys with my right hand, but I can't operate the mouse with my left hand, either. Is there another strategy for "mouse-movers"?

DelightfulMcCoy said:
I only use the mouse for movement and that cripples me. I just don't have the motor skills in my left hand to use WASD.
omg, that's one huge, major reason of difficulties with difficulty :dead:. it's like playing RTS games without keyboard. can't imagine it :whatthe:, you are so very, very much slower without keyboard.
DelightfulMcCoy said:
Thanks for fixing the bug with the graviers in the sewer/crypt. I've dropped over 70 of them, so far, this play through, and the earlier problem with time freezing after each kill has not appeared. Also, the bodies are still giving off remains, if only a gravier skull. The big guys have yielded me about 35,000 XP so far, and even though I'm up to level 22 each kill still nets 490 XP.
i'd like to say i fixed it but i it's impossible with available resources for modders. i bet it's blur/eax hotfix or something else. that's game engine issue

flashintheflesh said:
omg, that's one huge, major reason of difficulties with difficulty :dead:
Sigh, I expected this reaction. :-[And that is why I learned to play with controller and keep praying there will be controller support in the next witcher game!Anyway, I turned on harder difficulty now and I get by with no more than one or two enemies at once, regular ones like ghouls and graviers. I can defeat them easily with sword, without signs even. But then again I am at about level 30, so nearly invincible in vanilla game. But I'm finally able to see how funny it can be to walk into the cemetery with black blood flowing through my veins and am almost sorry that I am pretty immune to knockdown by creatures. :D But I'll be transitioning to act IV soon and wonder, if I'll make it through that alive - I don't like fighting humans that much and I suck at it, too. And then there's that dreaded cave... I've seen videos of fighting the queen, but to me it is instant death, every time. I need to do it the other way, but I guess difficulty level doesn't make any difference here.
i bet it's blur/eax hotfix or something else. that's game engine issue
I tested it: it's the same with or without the fix. But it's only in act III and that seems to be majorly buggy all around. So I guess there's really nothing to be done about.Edit: I just realised, I am allowed to give kudos now, so here you go, very well earned! :)(+ added some text at the beginning of the post)

I'm not ready for the difficulty level of this mod just yet but want to use all the new swords model/texture (not changing any parameters) of this mod now. Is it possible? If so could someone post the how to procedure? Thanks much.

simply run the installer and choose whatever you want to install. it's fully modular, everything can be installed seperately.

Trying to figure out the problem of fighting only with a mouse. That's all I use, and it works very well. Left button for movement, attack, and potion use (as well as shifting signs). Right button fires signs. Left click on inventory puts fight in pause; all very simple. As far as I know the only way to kill the kikimore queen is to collapse the cave on her with Aard blasts. I did the fight at the house of the night, and used Yrden for the first time on the vampires. All 3 of the "daughters" went down to Aard attacks followed by coup de grace. Momma vamp finally killed herself in a Yrden field. The one thing that didn't work at all was the black blood potion I took before start of fight. The vamps stunned me, sucked my blood, and were unaffected. I had to go back and remove that potion from my pre fight preperation. I wonder why black blood doesn't work here.

DanConnors said:
The one thing that didn't work at all was the black blood potion I took before start of fight.
yes, that's because female vamps suck energy not vitality.

DanConnors said:
Trying to figure out the problem of fighting only with a mouse. That's all I use, and it works very well. Left button for movement, attack, and potion use (as well as shifting signs). Right button fires signs. Left click on inventory puts fight in pause; all very simple. As far as I know the only way to kill the kikimore queen is to collapse the cave on her with Aard blasts. I did the fight at the house of the night, and used Yrden for the first time on the vampires. All 3 of the "daughters" went down to Aard attacks followed by coup de grace. Momma vamp finally killed herself in a Yrden field. The one thing that didn't work at all was the black blood potion I took before start of fight. The vamps stunned me, sucked my blood, and were unaffected. I had to go back and remove that potion from my pre fight preperation. I wonder why black blood doesn't work here.
No, you can beat her up too. That means using some bombs and Quen & Yrden to do in a reasonable time, but it's doable. There're videos in the "spoilered" area of killing the Queen with a sword & Devil's Puffball.

i restarted on insanity difficulty (3.0?), I'm almost to the end of act 2 ! I'm stuck on the Coccicidium monster, any tips on how to kill that bugger? thanks :)

I haven't played on that difficulty level, but as far as I know it is flammable. My attempt would be ranged Igni attacks. The good news is that it can't follow you around, so as long as you stay at a safe distance and have a well developed ranged Igni, you should be able to enjoy some nice fireworks. No guarantee though, as I said, I never tried this myself. Good luck!

There should be a place of power not too far, so charge it up. Use a nearest big tree as a cover for regeneration when you're hurt, consider running for it as soon as your health drops below half. As all plants the cocacidium is susceptible to incineration, especially when boosted by ritual of magic. Incineration, just as bleeding, does damage depending on the remaining health so it should be able to knock it's health below half. IIRC among other penalties this incurs a decreased accuracy as well so it should hit you less, so finish the job with sword. Or just keep spamming Igni from a distance.

good idea xalien, but its not working yet; im level 19, but only level 2 igni, so I guess i'll need level 3 igni at least; damn plant has asbestos covering i think :)

Here's how I did it:Tawny Owl & Swallow & Place of PowerRush near it, Igni it twice-thrice, run. Charge Endurance to max just outside its reach but before it goes underground. Repeat the run; it should die. If you have the Incineration-talent, level 2 Igni, level 2 Int and Place of Power-boost, there should be a decent chance of Incineration, but you don't really even need to Incin it to win. Just make the run and burn it. At your option, you can try to beat it up in the end, but that's really one opponent where I just suggest the "Burn it! Burn it to the ground!"-strategy.

Top Bottom