[TW1][mod] Flash Mod v1.01

+
Just registered on the forum to say: AWESOME MOD!!! :beer:Thank you so much for making a good game so much better.My first play through the game was ok until later levels where everything just became waaay too easy, I had to stop using Igni, it just felt so cheap. And potions/bombs went pretty much unused. Now on my second run I'm using your mod on full harder version and it made the game more interesting. Don't really want to go for the impossible difficulty as I prefer to strike a bit of balance, hard fights now and again are fun but i didn't want to spend ages killing "random cannon fodder number 237563250" over and over ;DStill got some nasty surprises even tho I have read this topic to know what I was getting into, first :dead: to 3 baraghests was humbling.Realized Blizzard wasn't for all situations, monsters that incapacitate in any way get real real bad if you got blizzard on, pretty much instagib.Started Act 3 atm, funnest fight so far was in House of Night, but that was mostly because I was unprepared and used only some bread and butter potions, swallow, tawny, black blood (was shocked that chick vampires were totally unaffected :eek: ) , after many deaths I pretty much figured out that dudes were the loosing side and I had to try to thin out the vamps while the were kicking the snot out of each other (and not stay in melee with the mistress too long). Would have been so much easier if I applied the proper oils and visited a place of power in the sewers or used heavier buff potions :wall:Anyway...I remember having a few questions about some specific game mechanics, unfortunately by the time I typed this up I forgot. So maybe later.CHEERS

I do have one question about game mechanics. When using Willow, the effect says "Grants immunity from pain and stun effects". I still get stunned (and ususally then insta-killed) by Kikimore Warriors. Wonder how that is possible? Or is the text just wrong?

willow should grant immunity to knockdown and stun. i'm sure that knockown part works and i've never been stunned under the effect of willow. strange reallythank you very muchas for insane difficulty, every value of enemy parameters was handpicked after numerous tests. there's nothing random and nothing too hard for a good player with optimal character build and equipment. and it's not like killing cannon fodder takes ages. when planning the mod i thought that most reasonable ammount of whacking strongest enemies in the game is 2 full sequences. so with best oils, potions and good character build, when you first meet strong enemy it'll take 2 full sequences to kill. with only exception of bruxa because she officialy appears in act 4 not 3 and ghouls in act 1 because you have steel sword then not silver and that's the hard part. as you level up, those initially strong enemies gets weaker and weaker. of course you rarely can afford standing in place and carelessly whacking enemy until it dies. you still kill cannon fodder in seconds - aard, 1-hit kill drowners and drowned dead, few hits to kill ghouls etc.i'll gladly answer every question related to game combat mechanics.have fun playing

I don't know if this has anything to do with this mod but when I took the talent "Ingrediant Extraction" from the INT-tree in chapter 3 it worked with monster remains but doesn't work with herbs. I get for example 2 Drowner Brains (didn't know those guys where THAT intelligent ;) ) but only one ingredient from plants like helebore, white mytle etc.As I never took this talent in the unmodded game I don't know if it works with herbs at all. How are your experiences with this talent?

i finally beat the coccicidium, that nasty geranium, 1 silver talent in igni 3 seemed to make all the difference for me. :)

mod doesn't alter talent ingredient extraction in any way. i like taking it and it works for me on any ingredient. just remember the number of ingredients you can get is random so once you'll get 2, other time only 1 and you can't see the number when using auto-loot. helebore is rather rare plant, i didn't try it yet but it definitely worked for white mytle for me.plants usually don't like fire ;)

Royal wyverns and kikimore warriors are nasty.I can handle them 1 on 1 , but if there are 2 or more it starts to look like a rather crude ballet :p have to keep running to and fro using igni aard and yrden to keep from getting into a sandwitch, while trying to connect at least more then one sequence before having to move again, nasty but at the same time fun.Oh and bombs come in real handy in messy situations, at least for me. I used quite a lot of fear bombs before getting around to fear with igni. plus it seems to me to be more reliable (100% on what isn't immune) and doesn't use up energy if it is needed for something else. The ambush with the druid vs the salamandra was pure evil, I saved up 6-7 dragon dream bombs and wiped out 2/3rds of the force and 1 kikimore warrior ]:-> ;D ]:->Looking at the table of monsters you posted earlier I'm starting to stockpile the blinding bombs.(with better stacking I keep imagining how a witcher looks with around 30 grenades in quickslots, :angel: )Remembered some of the questions:About bosses, what are their voonerables? As it seemed that neither professor or azar wood bleed or get pain at the end of act 2 when I fought them (and i used oils to help). are they all immune to pain/bleed, is it completely unnecessary against bosses?How does one determine when pain/bleed end? For example I apply pain to something and then switch to strong style, how does one determine when to reapply pain?On that note what do you think is preferable using a specific creature oil and manually applying pain or simply putting pain oil on the sword and forgetting about fast style after the start?I'm a bit confused by special attacks (4th lvl) they seem a bit awkward when you are using energy for signs and use combos in melee. Using them at the start and missing with them hurts BAD, not only you waste energy, you give up an opener, and mid combat there's rarely any time if at all to charge them up. So what are the uses then? Just to get the gold later?Quen seems mediocre even fully bronze. Is it any better if you put silver points in it?I never figured out how EXACTLY does burning blade work, does Igni spontaneously do more damage if you switch to group silver? do you do more damage with grp silver vs ignited opponents? does grp silver spontaneously combust stuff (LOL...)? ???Hope this isn't too much. sry :whistle:

Tennmuerti said:
Royal wyverns and kikimore warriors are nasty.I can handle them 1 on 1 , but if there are 2 or more it starts to look like a rather crude ballet :p have to keep running to and fro using igni aard and yrden to keep from getting into a sandwitch, while trying to connect at least more then one sequence before having to move again, nasty but at the same time fun.
On chapter 3 they're very hard indeed, just lure out and kill Moa and get away from there. Later in chapter 4 with some more levels, predator upgrade and blizzard they're piece of cake.
Tennmuerti said:
How does one determine when pain/bleed end? For example I apply pain to something and then switch to strong style, how does one determine when to reapply pain?On that note what do you think is preferable using a specific creature oil and manually applying pain or simply putting pain oil on the sword and forgetting about fast style after the start?
It's more or less a guesswork, you get a hang of it after a while. Initially you have to re-apply it after the full strong style sequence. Later, when you buy more intensity increasing talents you can sqeeze in more strong attacks. Oils that cause various status effects are buggy, as their effects become permanent, at least for steel swords, can't remember if silver ones are prone to this. It makes game easier but probably not in a way you'd want it. That said, brown oil is great against bruxae and alps because they're hard to hit with strong style, this way you can get both pain and bleeding on them which makes them very vulnerable to strong style. Similar story is with some strong enemies like order knights and big brothers as they seem to be impossible to hit with fast style, so crinfrid oil could help.
Tennmuerti said:
Quen seems mediocre even fully bronze. Is it any better if you put silver points in it?
Honestly, I don't know how I would have been able to get through last chapters without quen. At higher levels quen bubble can withstand a lot of attacks, giving you time to purge your body of toxins, drink full moon ans swallow and wait for your health to regenerate before going back to fight. Most important feature is the power-up that damages enemies that attack you - it can knock their health all the way down to 50% at which point they lose a lot of accuracy and dodge making them much easier to fight. Power-up at lvl3 is plenty enough no need to go further. The sign itself I had at lvl5 at the end, mostly because I've run out of decent options where to put those talents, lvl 3 or 4 would probably be enough.

Hmm, I guess time to put some points into Quen.Oh and having properly read the descriptions of the 4th points into combat styles, kinda realized what burning blade and other like it do now, seems so obvious in hindsight, DUH. :eek: ;DStill doesn't seem like the specials are that effective, anyone found a good way to utilize them?By the way, when I was talking about bosses, I didn't mean I wanted to know their weaknesses, just if they were all immune to a set of effects, like pain/bleed/stun/blind/etc.

I don't use 4th lvl attacks. The fact that you need to power them up makes them very hard to use. Power up process can be interrupted if you're hit, attack I think can be dodged/blocked too, so you end up losing precious seconds and endurance for nothing.

One other question about the video of the fight in the house of the night; how is it you are able to fight the knights AND the vampires. I've gone through the fight several times now, usually against the vampires (they being much more challenging), but I've never had the option of fighting both groups.

Dan, I managed to fight them both by going on like this:1. Side with the vampires AND take the offer to have a little fun together.2. When De Weyze appears tell them that its a matter between them and you don't want to get involved.Now 2 things happen:a) The vampiress accuses you of cheating them by firstly taking their offer and then letting them down. The vampires hate you now.b) De Weyze flips out after hearing you had a little fun with the vampires. He and his men now hate you too.3. Success! Everybody hates you and you can fight both sides earning a quite sarcastic journal entry.

DanConnors said:
One other question about the video of the fight in the house of the night; how is it you are able to fight the knights AND the vampires. I've gone through the fight several times now, usually against the vampires (they being much more challenging), but I've never had the option of fighting both groups.
You have to first agree to side with the vampires and when the knights come say that you are neutral and stay out of it, everyone will be pissed at you. Knights because you slept with the vampires and vampires because you broke your promise.
DanConnors said:
Honestly, I don't know how I would have been able to get through last chapters without quen. At higher levels quen bubble can withstand a lot of attacks, giving you time to purge your body of toxins, drink full moon ans swallow and wait for your health to regenerate before going back to fight. Most important feature is the power-up that damages enemies that attack you - it can knock their health all the way down to 50% at which point they lose a lot of accuracy and dodge making them much easier to fight. Power-up at lvl3 is plenty enough no need to go further. The sign itself I had at lvl5 at the end, mostly because I've run out of decent options where to put those talents, lvl 3 or 4 would probably be enough.
DanConnors said:
I don't use 4th lvl attacks. The fact that you need to power them up makes them very hard to use. Power up process can be interrupted if you're hit, attack I think can be dodged/blocked too, so you end up losing precious seconds and endurance for nothing.
Weeee I experimented with Quen a bit and with 4th lvl attacks. Here's a summary:The "charge up time" for the special attacks is not a biggie if there are not too many enemies and you can initiate a fight and charge up as the enemy is running at you.In the middle of a fight Quen can protect you while you charge up a special very nicely, because the hostile action that stops quen only counts as you attack not when you area charging up.Even in light of all this the only usefull 4th lvl specials imho are:fast silver special, because with a proper oil it can do MASSIVE dmg (for a fast style) with that special and is usually not dodged or anything (plus the blind and pain);the other is group steel special as you can bubble yourself and as the (human) enemies surround you do massive hurt with precise hit followed up by igni;the strong specials are imho unreliable and group silver is meh as only thing you can reliably use group silver on (drowners lol) die fast anywayfast steel special I still need to see if it is effective against mutants (the disarm part)seems I solved one of my own issues with that 8)Now since Flash seems so super when it comes to mechanics ;) :Still haven't found an answer on English forums regarding what exactly does +5 armor do and the Wounds Resistance talents?Oh and don't you think the exp given for Basilisks is a bit too much for their difficulty?

Hey awesome MOD, I loved it. I started the game on Med, and after installing it I restarted from the beginning. I do have one problem though, when I have a regular steel sword equipped a black box appears, and no sword. Same for inventoy menu. Any idea why?

fatscott7 said:
Hey awesome MOD, I loved it. I started the game on Med, and after installing it I restarted from the beginning. I do have one problem though, when I have a regular steel sword equipped a black box appears, and no sword. Same for inventoy menu. Any idea why?
Yeah I had the exact same problem except only with the Temerian swords. All other swords showed up fine.

Finally finished my second play through of WitcherEE, it was very enjoyable with this mod. If you want here are some of the comments based on a full harder install:Due to very heavy resistances and immunities of enemies (in later stages) to aard, it kinda seems useless to put anything more than bronze points into it. It is still very useful in the 1-2 chapter, however by the time there a silver points available to allocate on aard most of the things can’t be stunned only knocked away (which is still quite useful but doesn’t require anything above bronze). This is assuming source of power is on.In hindsight Fast Silver special (4th lvl) seems overpowered. Yes compared to fully combo’d 5th lvl attacks it is not as powerful. However consider the fact that those have to be first chained (and bosses or multiple enemies oh so much love breaking chains). Also 5th lvl requires gold talents whereas the special can be gotten in mid chapter 2 (I didn’t but it can). I mean this thing with the right oil can one shot alghouls, alps, noonwraiths, bruxa, midday brides(almost) on the harder install with moon rune blade. Looking at your posted tables it’s still about 60-70% hp of monsters mentioned above on impossible (bruxa being an exception 33%). Majority of enemies have no blind resistance either. For more pwnage it can be done from quen and quen can be re applied straight after. :whistle:Ifryt are not immune to igni for some reason even tho they are listed as being such. Seems weird.Wraiths (act5) are immune to almost all status effects, while this makes sense, combined with their “fast” status, infliction of pain, the numbers they sometimes come in, they are the most annoying enemy eva, super armoured mutants aren’t as dangerous due to lower numbers. On impossible wraiths have x3 hp compared to harder, that’s just nuts lol. (they also 4/5 tmes will dodge a fast style special) :wall: :wall: :wall:Berengar (spelling?) is instant toast due to the buffed Javed in last fight. He dies in like one attack sequence. Is there seriously any way to save him with this mod? If not maybe his hp should be buffed by x10 or something and his dmg reduced by x10?Is it me or are Koschey/Javed fight much harder then Grand Master/Hunt fights? Is it supposed to be this way, or is this because of harder not insane difficulty. The new Javed and Koschey can tear Geralt a new one in seconds if unprepared, by contrast GM seems extremely easy and King of the Wild Hunt can even be blinded. :whatthe:On the same note Javed isn’t immune to igni, but is immune to blind in last fight. Makes no sense.Can’t really comment on Zeugl fight as I saved up around 15 Dragon Dreams and set him up the bomb. :evil: :evil: :evil:

DanConnors said:
1 One other question about the video of the fight in the house of the night; how is it you are able to fight the knights AND the vampires. I've gone through the fight several times now, usually against the vampires (they being much more challenging), but I've never had the option of fighting both groups.
DanConnors said:
2 Due to very heavy resistances and immunities of enemies (in later stages) to aard, it kinda seems useless to put anything more than bronze points into it. It is still very useful in the 1-2 chapter, however by the time there a silver points available to allocate on aard most of the things can’t be stunned only knocked away (which is still quite useful but doesn’t require anything above bronze). This is assuming source of power is on.3 In hindsight Fast Silver special (4th lvl) seems overpowered. Yes compared to fully combo’d 5th lvl attacks it is not as powerful. However consider the fact that those have to be first chained (and bosses or multiple enemies oh so much love breaking chains). Also 5th lvl requires gold talents whereas the special can be gotten in mid chapter 2 (I didn’t but it can). I mean this thing with the right oil can one shot alghouls, alps, noonwraiths, bruxa, midday brides(almost) on the harder install with moon rune blade. Looking at your posted tables it’s still about 60-70% hp of monsters mentioned above on impossible (bruxa being an exception 33%). Majority of enemies have no blind resistance either. For more pwnage it can be done from quen and quen can be re applied straight after. :whistle:4 Ifryt are not immune to igni for some reason even tho they are listed as being such. Seems weird.5 Wraiths (act5) are immune to almost all status effects, while this makes sense, combined with their “fast” status, infliction of pain, the numbers they sometimes come in, they are the most annoying enemy eva, super armoured mutants aren’t as dangerous due to lower numbers. On impossible wraiths have x3 hp compared to harder, that’s just nuts lol. (they also 4/5 tmes will dodge a fast style special) :wall: :wall: :wall:6 Berengar (spelling?) is instant toast due to the buffed Javed in last fight. He dies in like one attack sequence. Is there seriously any way to save him with this mod? If not maybe his hp should be buffed by x10 or something and his dmg reduced by x10?7 Is it me or are Koschey/Javed fight much harder then Grand Master/Hunt fights? Is it supposed to be this way, or is this because of harder not insane difficulty. The new Javed and Koschey can tear Geralt a new one in seconds if unprepared, by contrast GM seems extremely easy and King of the Wild Hunt can even be blinded. :whatthe:8 On the same note Javed isn’t immune to igni, but is immune to blind in last fight. Makes no sense.9 Can’t really comment on Zeugl fight as I saved up around 15 Dragon Dreams and set him up the bomb. :evil: :evil: :evil:10 fast silver special, because with a proper oil it can do MASSIVE dmg (for a fast style) with that special and is usually not dodged or anything (plus the blind and pain);11 the other is group steel special as you can bubble yourself and as the (human) enemies surround you do massive hurt with precise hit followed up by igni;12 the strong specials are imho unreliable and group silver is meh as only thing you can reliably use group silver on (drowners lol) die fast anyway13 fast steel special I still need to see if it is effective against mutants (the disarm part)14 Now since Flash seems so super when it comes to mechanics ;) :Still haven't found an answer on English forums regarding what exactly does +5 armor do and the Wounds Resistance talents?15 Oh and don't you think the exp given for Basilisks is a bit too much for their difficulty?
1 answered2 it seems kind of useless when not fully invested. enemies with half hp are 4 times more vulnerable to stun and knockdown. even though most monsters are immune to stun with the mod, they are not immune to knockdown. well developed aard can often knock cementaurs and knight mutants down.3 these are settings from vanilla, i haven't changed damages.4 ifrits are pushed back by igni but shouldn't ever take damage from it.5 yes, they are immune to almost every effect and every other parameter is set having that on mind.6 only insane difficulty increase human/elves/dwarfes parameters. berengar remains unchanged in harder and hardest difficulty so he dies quickly.7 koschey and javed are hard because of critical effects they inflict. koschey deals very low damage but bleeding is the real killer. that makes these fights tough but when balancing GM and King of the Wild Hunt i just saw them easy whatever i did. at the end of the game skilled players is able to kill everything regardless of stats. of course GM and Wild Hunt is much stronger on higher difficulties.8 yes, he's not immune, he is "only" highly resistant which imo also makes sense.9 zeugl fight is rather easy on harder and hardest. on insane it's quite hard10 -> 311 group style deals massive damage to enemies regardless of precise hit but the damage scales up with the number of enemies. vs 1-2 opponents damage is low12 these are settings from vanilla. still i found it usefull, i killed javed on insane using only strong special attack. plus its prerequisite to level 5 strong style which is very damaging.13 mutants are immune to disarm14 damage resistance multiplier is a value "x" when 1>x>0 and its multiplied by armor. so f.e. damage reduction from armor 40% is 0.6 x wound resistance 0.66 (33%). damage resistance modifier is value subtracted from damage. positive armor modifier affects a chance to breake attack sequence - somewhat reduces chance to hit.15 these are vanilla value multiplier by 1.5thanks for opinions and reports. there are still few things i'll have to fix, most of them spotted by players. missing sword icon is a bug, i'll fix it along with few other things.

First off, thanks for the great mod. I have however, encountered a problem with it. If i install the staking mod, i'm unable to pick up some alchemy components. Has anyone else experienced this?

mod doesn't alter alchemy at all, it's the same like in vanilla game. did you start a new game with the mod? check if you have proper talent in inteligence tree to gather ingredients

flashintheflesh said:
4 ifrits are pushed back by igni but shouldn't ever take damage from it.9 zeugl fight is rather easy on harder and hardest. on insane it's quite hard11 group style deals massive damage to enemies regardless of precise hit but the damage scales up with the number of enemies. vs 1-2 opponents damage is low12 these are settings from vanilla. still i found it usefull, i killed javed on insane using only strong special attack. plus its prerequisite to level 5 strong style which is very damaging.13 mutants are immune to disarm14 damage resistance multiplier is a value "x" when 1>x>0 and its multiplied by armor. so f.e. damage reduction from armor 40% is 0.6 x wound resistance 0.66 (33%). damage resistance modifier is value subtracted from damage. positive armor modifier affects a chance to breake attack sequence - somewhat reduces chance to hit.
Thanks for the info!4. weird, i'll check again on another playthrough, I deleted older saves9. well then next time I'll bring more bombs, WE NEED MOAR BOMBS :teeth:12. well yea, that is one place it is useful, bastard doesn't let you complete chains13. that they are :D (so is the guy with the armor penetration sword in act 5, and bosses too)14 ok so i think i get wounds, that makes them VERY useful, since armors don't provide protection with the mod

Top Bottom