[TW1][mod] Flash Mod v1.01

+
I admit, I took my time, I am at level 37 in Act 4.But I have the suspicion that I kind of broke the mod. I unistalled it, reinstalled it with insane difficulty and yet I don't find any enemy that seems to be able to oppose me. I tap on a wyvern and it falls dead. Even a cemetaur doesn't take a lot of sword action. Plus the stacking mod doesn't work porperly anymore (see attachment). I played the Evil Decision mod, which seems to be not 100% compatible to the EE version, so I guess that one interfered with this mod. I uninstalled the adventure and installed difficulty mod again. No change. How is it meant to feel to fight a cemetaur or basilisk at that level with insane difficulty? Right now, they are barely able to touch me at all. Not even the giant centipedes, that always scared me the most of the "regular" monsters.Do I need to reinstall the whole game or is there another way to make this work again?Edit: I also had a wyvern on Tern Island that had 32 wyvern meat and just now in the crypt in the fields a ghoul with 425 ghoul blood on him...

Two questions:1. If I've installed the "harder" version of the mod, is there a way I can uninstall the "harder" version, and keep my current save game going?2. Can I play this mod with Vanilla hard mode, but keep the combat cursors from easy?3. How do I disable the new OST zoom feature this mod provides?

Three answers: ;D1. Yes. Uninstall the mod from your control panel and play on with your vanilla settings.2. Not to my knowledge - that's what this mod is for... partly. ;)3. Why would you? ;)Sorry. Either don't check the walk mod in the installer or enjoy the feature (God, I would be sooo happy if there were a zoom feature for the low isometric camera...).Can I ask why you don't want the zoom? Just curious...

DelightfulMcCoy said:
3. Why would you? ;)Sorry. Either don't check the walk mod in the installer or enjoy the feature (God, I would be sooo happy if there were a zoom feature for the low isometric camera...).Can I ask why you don't want the zoom? Just curious...
I'm using a controller. I prefer the zoom to be all the way in on OST. When I come out of meditation, no matter where I had the zoom set previously, the game defaults to the max distance zoom provides. This isn't the best situation when playing this with a controller (for me at least), so whenever I come out of meditation, I need to get up, go to my computer, and roll my mouse wheel forward to get the desired default zoom.

Ok, I see. Then don't install the new camera.I tried using a controller as well, but I just don't find the right configuration or something. Camera doesen't work on stick unless in OTS mode and I play mostly low isometric.But I think you don't even need the walk mod when you set up the controller sticks porperly. Allegedly works with the Pinnacle profiler, which I use.

Found a black texture.Haren Brogg (the merchant by the river in Chapter 1) sells a Temerian Steel. The texture in the shop menu was a black rectangle. I didn't bother buying it, but figured I'd post here and let you know I've experienced a black texture as well.

I continue to be amazed by how powerfully Igni blasts affect undead (if you have the inflict fear upgrade to the sign). Graviers, Cemetaurs, Alps, Bruxae are all affected, to the point where they will attempt to flee the fight. When they are in this mode--with the little green skulls popping out of their heads--you can smash them with your sword with impunity. It's almost gotten too easy. My witcher now has about 200 Gravier skulls in his backpack. They're a useful potion ingredient. I now have Igni absolutely maxed, and, even though it was watered down in the hardest mode of the latest insane difficulty mod, it's still extremely potent. A Royal Wyvern can now be toasted before it reaches you (providing you have Maribor Forest and Tawny Owl in effect). Now to see how fast Javed drops when I unload Igni in his face.

flashintheflesh said:
[size=14pt]mod is fully compatible with earlier savegames. if you dont want to start new game you only lose few aesthetic changes:[/size]
Exemplary mod, just one question: if I use this with an existing save game, does it adjust my experience to account for the new balance? I apologize if this is answered in the previous 30 pages, but I didn't feel like sifting through all of that. :p I did read the first post and readme though.

Did anyone else find the game very easy? Literally, the last time I died was when the Kikimore queen KOed me. (Oh, and I collapsed the ceiling on myself once :D)Sure, it has it's difficult bits of combat-but you'd expect it to be that little bit harder in all places. There is no way opponents can get a hit on Geralt after he finished Act 3, roughly speaking. You just use Cringfield oil and Group style and it is impossible to lose, most of the time.I am playing on Hard, and I have not yet tried the Insane Difficulty mod. Does it really make the game that much more difficult? Comments?

I haven't used the Insane Difficulty Mod to make the game harder, but I have seen that the author of that mod has offered to explain how to beat any of the monsters that people consider to be unbeatable once they're using the mod. That suggests to me that it makes things a LOT harder!

Haven't tried the insane difficulty myself yet, for I'm still running it through on hard. Don't think the game is that hard, but I've always enjoyed the story more than the toughness, so I might not be the best to answer. And yes, from what I've heard from a couple of my friends about the insane difficulty, yes it makes it pretty tough :D

GeralttheWhiteWolf said:
I am playing on Hard, and I have not yet tried the Insane Difficulty mod. Does it really make the game that much more difficult? Comments?
Yeah it does, but since you can choose from three new difficulty levels, there ought to be one that suits you if you find the original Hard a bit bland. I tried once to turn off the mod temporarily in an extra difficult fight and was astonished how easy the original was (on hard)! I recommend it, mostly because you need to be on the edge during most fights, and you get real use of the "2nd-rate" signs Quen, Yrden and even Axii. Like it should be for a witcher.I haven't tried the new Insane difficulty (found the "harder" good enough) but I imagine you have to be more of pro gamer for that one.My only gripe is that some fights (monster with high resistances) tend to be able to do one-shot kills, which is frustrating. And that your witcher becomes a real drug junkie ;).

That's real life. In pro fencing the better the sword fighters are the quicker the fight's over. Most bouts go maybe 5 to 10 seconds.

Sorry, but comparing games to real life is just... silly. Games should be playable first and foremost, challenging comes next together with intriguing. If you want to play WItcher in "real life" mode, you should restart from the beginning each time Geralt dies. Ultra-pro-hardcore difficulty! ;)

What's silly is you believing that an entire game is going to be modified just because a certain part of it displeases you. I happen to like the fact that there are enemies in this game that you have to run from, use your brain on, and, sometimes, just try to avoid. My favorite creature to avoid is the Warrior bug in the swamp in act III. Extremely hard to kill, it can kill you almost instantly. That's because this modified bug is built like a tank, and swords don't affect tanks very much. At least one of the great religions of the world does believe that when you die you just start over. It's known as reincarnation (the process not the religion). My favorite rationale for the reload from death option is that you awake from a terrible dream (probably brought on by your subconscious) in which you died a terrible death. You hope that you learned something from the nightmare that will help you with your upcoming fight with X, Y, or Z.

Never seen on it as reincarnation, though its true you could. We seem to dislike the same kind of monsters, and I agree int that they are very tough (but still feel easy on "normal" hard). Problem is when you have to deal with them, like in the old sewers.

If I run into one in the swamp I find a long, fallen tree. I run around it firing Igni blasts at it as I run. They are very hard to kill on the new insane mod hardest difficulty. Too hard actually for the XP they give. You can go into the nearbye cave full of basilisks, and kill them much easier. They give twice as many XP as the warriors, so that's why I try to avoid warriors (more trouble than they're worth). I skip the entire fight with the boss bad guy and his two warrior bugs (where the druid chief--helps??--you), by going to their main enclave in the NE section of the swamp and killing them all there. Much easier fight.

I originally picked up this mod for the discriptions, bugfixes, quest adjustments, and inventory overhaul but decided to include the difficulty mod as well. I left out the rebasing of every weapon to +0% damage and rebasing every armor to be +0% damage reduction. I wanted my character to grow via some mechanism other than leveling, with 0 damage or damage reduction upgrades on gear there's a much bigger incentive to stand in one place and grind out levels as long as possible instead of advancing the plot to pick up new gear. To each his own I guess.I'm still in Act I at the moment and thought it rather odd that ozzy is significantly easier than his lesser ghoul brethern. When fighting a ghoulI have to choose between knockback from weapon swings and pain because as soon as pain is inflicted they are no longer knockedback by weapon blows. Pain is usually the best choice because ghouls attack fast enough to get swings through even when being constantly barraged, Ozzy does not. If you position yourself correctly and connect combos quickly enough, you can actually advance a combo significantly before the noise is made pretty much as soon as the last hit lands in a given step of the sequence, you can defeat Ozzy entirely in melee range with strong style alone without him ever finishing a swing. My experience was that while the Ozzy fight took longer, mostly because his HP pool is larger, fighting ghouls is significantly more dangerous at range, and Ozzy in melee range poses very little danger because even in strong style he spends the whole fight backing up.With the starting witcher's sword, Level 2 strong steel, both bleeding upgrades, and both damage upgrades I have yet to inflict bleeding on a ghoul. As far as I know they should not be immune to bleeding and there's even a post where flash suggests inflicting pain + bleed on ghouls to reduce their hit chance but I cannot get them to bleed. I'm going to go back and try again after crafting the 3 red meteroite sword to see if the chance to apply bleeding just wasn't high enough.

tetracycloide said:
When fighting a ghoulI have to choose between knockback from weapon swings and pain because as soon as pain is inflicted they are no longer knockedback by weapon blows. Pain is usually the best choice because ghouls attack fast enough to get swings through even when being constantly barraged, Ozzy does not. If you position yourself correctly and connect combos quickly enough, you can actually advance a combo significantly before the noise is made pretty much as soon as the last hit lands in a given step of the sequence, you can defeat Ozzy entirely in melee range with strong style alone without him ever finishing a swing. My experience was that while the Ozzy fight took longer, mostly because his HP pool is larger, fighting ghouls is significantly more dangerous at range, and Ozzy in melee range poses very little danger because even in strong style he spends the whole fight backing up
i'm aware of this problem and i can't fix it at the moment. i've reported it to CDPR and they didn't even know what i was talking about. it makes the game much easier but i consider it a huge exploit, bug and gap in game mechanics so i avoid it completely and for the sake of fun and balance i advise doing so for everyone who wants challange.ghouls aren't immune to bleeding. it's just the first act 1 when geralt is still undeveloped with steel sword against monsters. it's hard to inflict bleeding yet, in act 2 it will be common and a must in battles with graveirs.

Top Bottom