[TW1][mod] Flash Mod v1.01

+
Ureus has a fatal weakness; he's walled up in his own little enclosure. You are oviously meant to knock down said wall with an Aard sign and then engage him in an epic melee. Instead I thought "Wonder if an Igni blast will go through the wall without blasting it?" It didn't, and I just stood there and burned the critter alive (well undead). It took awhile, but nowhere near 5 minutes. And there never was any doubt to the outcome of this particular fight. The Dagon fight is tougher until you realize the way to kill him is to kill his surrounding fighters. Every time one of them goes down Dagon gets weaker.

DanConnors said:
Ureus has a fatal weakness; he's walled up in his own little enclosure. You are oviously meant to knock down said wall with an Aard sign and then engage him in an epic melee. Instead I thought "Wonder if an Igni blast will go through the wall without blasting it?" It didn't, and I just stood there and burned the critter alive (well undead). It took awhile, but nowhere near 5 minutes. And there never was any doubt to the outcome of this particular fight. The Dagon fight is tougher until you realize the way to kill him is to kill his surrounding fighters. Every time one of them goes down Dagon gets weaker.
LoL I cant say i dealt with Ureus that way..i engaged him head on and used the sarcophagus in the middle of the room to kite him around while dropping Yrdens to apply Pain and periodically keep Bleeds on him with Strong Style..oh and Igni blast him aswell =) Took along time and it was difficult but i enjoyed it.I didnt realise you could just burn him to death without knocking the wall down lol though i wouldn't have done that anyway..seems rather boring^^ lol As for Dagon,i didnt find that fight difficult..just alot more fun due to its length..it was definately more fun then it was in the original difficulty..you kill a few acolytes and bang..he is dead lol.

A question:I'm in chap 3. Im playing on the hard difficulty (the easiest of your mod changes) & I did not include the changes to either armor or witcher swords. I'm no beginning to find the game too easy (it wasn't in chap 2).Can I change the difficulty lvl of your mod to very hard in the middle of the game? Can i add in your armour & sword changes in the middle of the game? &if i find them too hard, can I roll those changes back?Thanks in advance

Yes, you can reinstall the mod with higher/lower difficulty any time you want. It's a bit different with item changes since item data is stored in savegames. To get updated item data you need to get new items. Easy for swords, hard for armors.

Ureus and any other creature in later chapters can be very easy if you have an option to meditate before the fight. Just wait till midnight to activate that werewolf upgrade, drink blizzard and you can stand in front of them watching them trying hard to hit you.

Seems to me that most creature fights are easier in the latter stages of the game if it is 1 v 1..there are so many abilities/oils/potions at your disposal etc especially if your in an open space.I still think that Ozrell is the most challenging fight ive encountered thus far...though no doubt that was because i didnt really understand the mechanics of the mod too well..i used melee to get him down... :teeth: lol Edit: Though i have to admit i cheated that time by "discovering" (*cough* wiki *cough*) certain potions like Willow lol However i restarted the game by the end of Act 1 due to feeling guilty and beat ozrell properly with the only potions available in Act 1..ie no magical "discoveries" lol :angel:Big Edit 2: Hey Flash,i just have a few questions about the end part of the game that has me a little confused^^ I have reached the Ice Plains section and im fighting my way towards GM,but i have noticed that while im here potion durations/effects of said potions have increased in speed.If i have tawny owl ticking away,or swallow,my endurance/health regenerates at very fast rates..but they also wear off much quicker.I just want to make sure that this is the way its meant to be..or is my game bugged? Keep in mind that this is only my second play through..i played first on un-modded medium and went straight to Insane difficulty for my second play through..if this enhanced speed was in effect on my first play through i definately didnt notice it lol which is not suprising because the game is extremely easy on medium and doesnt require alot of attention to win lol. Basically,i just want to make sure that this is the way it is meant to be for the final part of the game :) It feels balanced (except for swallow in my opinion..but thats another post lol) just alot faster.

Yeah, it's not the potions per se, it's the time flow that is very fast in there. makes blizzard almost unusable.

Ah,thanks for clearing that up for me mate :) It just had me slightly worried because i never noticed it before and because it made swallow feel a little unbalanced in my opinion,i was going through them soooooo quickly lol It wasnt a problem though,just suprising^^ I finished the game on Insane anyways,epic stuff ;D 10/10 on the mod Flash! cant wait for FCR! :beer:

I used a ridiculous amount of potions there as drinking blizzard all the time would force me to flush out the toxicity then drink full moon, willow, tawny owl, swallow and blizzard over and over. Good thing I've bought all the strong alcohol throughout the game I could find :beer:

LoL Yeah i did the same.After completing all quests in Act V to the point where i only had the final quest chain in the manor to do,i went to the druid cave and fast fowarded time constantly in order to top up on strong alcohol etc i ended up with 20 Rubedo Swallow potions,20 Albedo Tawny Owls,10 White Raffards,10 White Honeys..then 5 of every other potion and oil lol All the alcohol cost me around 3000 orens lol It was well worth it^^ If i had not stocked up like that i definately would have had problems in the Ice Plains due to running low on potions..but luckily i didnt^^ :beer:

My all time must-have potions are swallow, tawny owl obviously and willow, black blood. Thunder is very usefull in battles with true bosses like strige when they'll hit you anyway no matter what. Then -50% do defence doesn't matter. Kiss is needed in battle with koschey. Koschey deals low damage but he can easily bleed you to death. Willow is a life savior against bosses, necrophages, vampires and wyverns. Black blood is the only way to defeat fledders in early act 2 and will serve you good at least to the end of act 3.

I have to agree with you about Kiss and the Koschey...that thing really suprised me when i fought it first with the mod. I had Yrden advanced pretty far so it was doing alot of damage..but once i engaged the koschey head on it applied a bleed which pretty much knocked me down to 5% :dead: lol Suffice to say i learned to use Kiss quite quickly lol. I cant say i have ever used Thunder outside of the prologue though..but then again i never fought the Striga for role playing reasons..i always save Adda^^ I only remember that fight for constantly running around the sarcophagus with Quen active and waiting for the candles to go out lol :angel:Btw Flash i have a quick question..does this mod work with the "New Adventures"? I just started "Side Effects" and noticed that some Wraiths i encountered arent nearly as hard as im used to...they still hit hard but my silver sword destroys them very very quickly even without Specter Oil applied. I was even able to apply Incineration with Igni..which is something i never saw happen in the Main adventure on insane difficulty :hmmm:Edit: Hmmm..just completed "Side Effects"..doesnt seem to matter whether the mod was working or not considering the short length of the adventure. Never mind my previous musings :peace:

No. The mod can work with adventures if these adventures are made with compatibiliy in mind but most of the time adventures change enemy definition names so mod can't override them with it's settings. All changes apart from difficulty should work though.

I understand =) Everything to do with the mod was running fine in "Side Effects" as far as i could tell,except for the difficulty part..but im guessing thats because of what you just mentioned with enemy definitions being changed.It was probaly to do with balance issues because you cant level up or gain experience in that adventure..every mob gives 1XP per kill and you are handed a specific talent build that has all attributes/skills set at level 3. Thanks for clearing that up for me Flash..makes sense now that i think about it lol. :beer:

Hello.Thanks for the great mod, flash. It made me start Witcher once again and I like it a lot. And though I didn't meet really tough guys yet I'll try to prepare well after having read this thread :)But it was another thing that made me write here. The "sword changes" part of the mod looks bad in Russian version. In fact I see a black rectangle instead of the temerian sword in the shop. Probably, Russian game version misses some resources or something.So, while I like swords characteristics changes, I don't want to change models and I can't do it with the current version of installer (only two options there "install models" and "install both"). I hope for a third option and, meanwhile, I'd be happy if you could say what I should change at file system to have original game models.Thanks in advance :)

Hello ano.I'm glad you like the mod. Black rectangle instead of sword icon is a known bug from version 1.0. It will be fixed in next release of the mod. I'll also add 'no model' option in the installer.In the meantime you can delete it_stlswd_005.uti from The Witcher\DATA\uti folder to remove temerian sword changes.Just in case, these are forged swords items with changed models.it_stlswd_bbb.utiit_stlswd_bby.utiit_stlswd_byy.utiit_stlswd_rbb.utiit_stlswd_rby.utiit_stlswd_rrb.utiit_stlswd_rrr.utiit_stlswd_yrr.utiit_stlswd_yyr.utiit_stlswd_yyy.utiApart from models you'll also lose sword descriptions. Everything else will be fine and you can continue playing.Have fun :)

It works, thanks a lot)As for the mod, it is just wonderful and good support makes it even better.Thanks once again for it)

Ah,i was wondering about the black rectangle icon for temerian swords as well..that explains it. :) By the way Flash,hows FCR coming along? I cant wait to try it out^^ ;)

Polish version will be finished this week but then it must be fully tested before release to ensure highest quality :). I have yet to translate it and write a manual with guide.

Top Bottom