[TW1][mod] Flash Mod v1.01

+
Thanks for the advice dan. I level grinded up to level 12 and put some points into Aard. I didnt knock the Beast down, but I did manage to stun him then I finished him off. It was actually pretty easy. I spent too much effort defending the witch before. I'm on Act II now!! :beer:Its amazing how much easier killing monsters is with the silver sword !

Nope, but you may have to manually select The Witcher installation folder. Installer shows default folder, which doesn't have to be correct.

But what do you want to extract? After installation in correct folder you don't have to do anything more beside playing the game.

Hey flash! Firstly, I have to thank you - I just beat Witcher with your mod installed. I actually went through half vanilla and decided to start again when I found your difficulty mod! Secondly, your mod and the way it forces you to relearn combat inspired me to record some videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Lesny14 I recommend everyone to see the one w/ cmentars and graveir, and for those who want to see a difference between vanilla and flash mod - compare my fight with ureus and the first one that's in related videos! The difference was never clearer. ;)

Hey!I was thinking about installing your mod, but I haven't played through the game yet. Got to Chapter 3 a while back but stopped, and now I want to start over. I don't suppose it'll be too harsh, will it? :pAt any rate, if I start with this now, will I be able to upgrade to FCR without issues when it comes out?And, secondly, do you recommend using this (link) mod?Cheers!cc

@Crimson.Cosmos: I also got to Chapter 3 and stopped, then installed the mod and played from the beginning. Seriously, don't worry about the harshness. Of course you can still pick different difficulty levels in Flash's mod, but I'd recommend insane. Trust me, you'll adapt including knowing the exact attack timings by heart, dodging, using signs and making sure you're always well stocked on elixirs and oils. Frankly, the difficulty at the beginning is not much greater than in vanilla - the mod allows you to learn gradually. For a bit more challenge try switching to TPP mode exclusively. As for the talent mod, I'm pretty sure it's the same talent distribution as in Flash's mod, but even if it's not, I found the mod's leveling perfectly adequate.

Great movies Michalo_Leoric :). I especially like the one with Ureus. IMO TPP camera is much easier to use in hard fights, so I'm impressed with your choice.Crimson.Cosmos, it will be harsh. It a matter of taste if it's too hard or optimal difficulty, that's why I've 4 difficulty options in installer. You can choose 3 new difficulties or none at all and play vanilla difficulty with other game enchancments.Tree Fiddy, you'll be able to uninstall Flash Mod and install FCR anytime you want. Your savegames will still work but most changes from new mod won't work. FCR and Flash mod don't work together and are mutually exclusive.Everyone interested in FCR mod, if you have any questions please post them in thread dedicated to FCR. This thread is not about FCR.

I registered just to say how awesome your mod is, flash. It makes this game much more enjoyable, =)I have been playing this insane 3.03 mod with the Limited Talent Point mod and i make sure i dont brew any potions that i dont already know. I also do not grind to get stronger (0% grinding done - i simply skip the quest until i come back stronger from doing others) I am in chapter 5 now right after fighting the elves & order (i chose to be neutral) in the old vizima hospital and so far this is the oNLY time where i am forced to fully buff myself: wolverine full moon maribor forest negredo reubedo swallow tawny owl and crinfrid oil (used in a non bugged way of course). I have not learned to use bombs because i dont need to, and every other situation i can just run in with albedo tawny owl + reubedo cat + normal swallow. I also felt bombs would be very helpful but in the end i managed to kill them without bombs. I expect the game to get harder as i approach the end with the super mobs and i am looking forward to it :Dthe only reason i fully buffed is because i usually almost get one shotted by those orders's shield slams as soon as the cut scene ends and their first frame attacks all land on me and i die. i believe you can simply do it with a full moon(to avoid 1 shot), tawny owl and swallow, no need for other gimmicks.when you have limited talent points mod some talent distributions are a lot more interesting, for example i leave group styles at lv 1, i used lv 1 sword skills all the way until the crypts in chapter 1 at which point i was forced to put 1 point into lv 2 strong just to out-dps the ghouls. i never take flash cuts for silver since the dmg dont mean anything, and i dont take useless stuff. I also dont use charms to repel monsters and i did not take the fear talent offered by igni(fear is too cheap for me).I do still find it too easy however(i hope this changes soon when i meet end game monsters),i feel like im still not being pushed far enough to use EVERYthing possible in the game, i.e. bombs, maribor forests (you get this very early), etc. and once you get the level 5 sword skills, things die so fast. even with limited talent mod, my resist skills are still fully maxed due to upped quest rewards.SOOOO i would like to propose a new challenge for you readers out there, once i finish the game i plan to replay it with the following approach:-----------------------------------------I call this the 'super challenge mode version 1': SCMv1Insane difficultyLimited Talent ModREGULAR quest/kill reward (do not install the improved reward part).DEFAULT silver sword / witcher's sword used(you may choose any of the normal damage swords, i.e. for looks i'd choose sword of the order just cause it looks better but is no different than witcher's blade). SCRATCH THIS: try using rusty sword instead for -30% damage.No Fear allowed from charms or Igni, fear is cheap (debating about bombs, but i havent played a game where i experimented with bombs so i am still debating on that)added: use default armor only. no upgrades.added: no grinding allowed unless absolutely necessary, i.e. gaining critical talent in order to beat specific encounter and there are no other non-cheap approaches. you are allowed to defend yourself and aoe stuff down in swamps etc but grinding stuff like graveir basilisks cockatrice is not recommended.Poll: bombs in general allowed or no?Still debating whether or not you are allowed to take the additional resist skills(since your level is also gimped i guess it's reasonable to allow it)edit1: you can probably get by for having no Excellent armor? hah.edit2: maybe version 2 of the challenge can include using Rusty sword for -30% damage and argent oil on silver sword while using rusty sword or something crazy like that @@edit3: no grinding allowed unless absolutely necessarycan you get by the game with a rusty sword?---------------------------------------------------------------Talent Point Balance mod:http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Talent_point_balance_modMind you by act 4 i finally downloaded the storage anywhere mod because this game's inventory is just so small, more like a game flaw. the mod is found here:Med/Cat/Storage mod:http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=21855.0I never used Cat and i use rest-anywhere sparingly when i absolutely dont feel like runing back to the campfire again, but nothing abusive. Just remember if you use rest-anywhere you might spawn on top of a couple of mobs, i.e. on top of 3 wraiths for king of the wild hunt.so with normal rewards, end-game level is approximately 34~35 i hear without grinding? thats about 7 gold points to spend with this mod? in beginning of act 5 i am lv 34~35 with upped rewards.i imagine bomb making is now one of the highest priorities to first get? (or maybe bombs in general is way too overpowered and shouldnt even be used, at least the fear bomb). by end of act 4 i have like 100 bomb powders or something ridiculous in bank.you can make this even more fun but i felt like i should beat this mode first before making other giant leaps of skill such as no gold talents allowed or something.why limited talent mod with downed quest reward: mainly to force you use those immunity potions i think, cause i had my resistances maxed out even with limited talents and i never had to use any resist pots, in fact i have not found myself forced to use any kiss/willow yet.Since i haven't finished the game yet, i have no idea how huge of impact it is to only use normal weapons for end-game since witcher's blade do not give intensity bonus to bleed/pain.under these circumstances, anyone have any theories / strategies on how to approach this? i.e. what talents to take, what to do on certain boss, what set up needed, what talents to not take, which ones to take first, etchere are some of my 'tips' and thoughts on the previous playthrough (which was insane mod, limited talent points, known recipes only)-first and foremost: do not apply status affecting oils (bleed/pain/poison) and then save, and then reload. the effect will cause permanent oil bug and thus that weapon will always have that effect for the rest of the game, EVEN if you sell it to shop/rebuying. to get around this bug when you absolutely need to use crinfrid/brown/hangmen's venom: save BEFORE you apply any of the oil, then apply oil, kill the mobs, then whetstone your sword to get rid of the buff, THEN save. to get around it if you already have the bug: find another sword, but you are screwed for the super challenge if you applied it on the silver sword.-second tip related to bugs: i forget o_o will come back to this-make full use of the potion timers, you can drink a bunch of long duration potions then rest 1 hour to reduce toxicity and drink your second batch of potions.-before you get the recipe for wife's tears and you do those drinking quests, you can have a stack of wine in your inventory at all times and after you are intoxicated, instead of walking like a turtle to get some rest, drink some wine to knock yourself out.-Toussaint Reds seem to be the most common wine in the game or something so do not use these unless you plan to intoxicate yourself for a knockout, or to grant pain immunity(i have never had to get drunk for pain immune even with limited talent mod)-white myrtle, celandine and drowner brains are the most used ingredients in the game to me.-since you are not buying the sword in chapter 4 (which is awesome in insane mod btw), and you are not forging any meteors / rune swords, you only need to save 5k gold for excellent armor, then blow the rest on booze (you'll probably need them). DISREGARD BIT ABOUT ARMOR: i decided to not buy the armor for the challenge.-for chapter 1, save the crypts for last so you have experience for talents. those ghouls are almost impossible to bleed for some reason so you have to use crinfrid oil.-for the crypts, do two runs: first run with a cat + swallow to grab the fire shrine run out, then full buff yourself next time and head down there, only then you'd have somewhat sane chance to kill the ghouls (tested with limited talent mod, increased rewards). this should be even harder if you dont use increased reward. I'd do the igni run as soon as possible i.e. beginning of chapter 1.-find one of the torches in the houses around the reverend and use that to kill all the plants found in chapter 1, assuming you didnt have enough points to spend into igni.-leave your group styles at lv 1 to save bronze points : limited talent mod = 53 bronze points only. at lv 28 (?) you stop gaining bronze. do NOT take knockdown for silver, and i did not take knockdown for group steel as well.-my fast steel is lv 1 with only +pain skill all the way until act 5 where i felt like i needed fast style to hit the mutants, but maybe you can pain + bleed them and strong style?-your primary source of vermillion income in chapter 2 is the bloedzuigers in the swamps from aoeing them along with aethers from drowners, and your primary source of hydragenum is mistletoes from all the food you should have saved & banked. usually you should be around 130+ food in the bank by the time you are forced to go to hospital for quests provided you looted every house etc for food, offer all of them to the altar for mistletoes. as for rebis + reubedo, that would be the beast livers from wolves in the cave and around druid grove.-soon as chapter 2 hits, make a fast run for yrden / quen signs ASAP to make your life a lot easier.-level 3+ fast silver is the only sane way of killing spectres especially wraiths, so by chapter 4 make sure you have it or you will have one hell of a time killing them. I did not have lv 3 silver at berengar crypts and boy did i have a fun time trying to kill that wraith. after like 8 reloads it somehow died instantly from berengar, no idea how.-bleed on a alps = dead alps.-when you meet mutants in act 5 you will wish you invested into lv 3 fast steel. (is this the only way to kill them? any tips?)-combine low toxicity potions with nigredo/reubedo: u can now drink those for 0 toxicity while under the albedo effect(perfume, cat, wives tears). Reubedo cat is the easiest to make for me, 1 beast liver + 2 balisse or something equiv. -Albedo Tawny owl is useful early in the game since mats are easy to come by. (alb-tawny + swallow, then swallow again and still be under 50 toxicity, rest 1 hour and u can probably squeeze another swallow in).-the more points invest into level 2+ sword skills the more i feel like i needed the gold talent (Vigilance) as it may allow me to finish my combo while taking less dmg(50% dodge while attacked from behind), i did not have the talent for King of the Wild Hunt but i sure wished i did since it was super slow killing those wraiths while strafing them with the first attack animations of fast silver. This may be my very first gold talent spent, any other suggestions?how i beat the bosses in chapter 2 before:Level 2 yrden, level 2 int, petri's philter, place of power, Yrden shrine from the druid's grove, nigredo'd swallow, albedo tawny owl, reubedo cat (this was before i realized usefulness of albedo white honey). didnt even use maribor forest.As long as you dont walk into the fire against iffrit and you have your basic resists maxed out (i did not take any of the two talents related to incinerate resistance), its not likely you'll be incinerated, so as soon as the fight starts, lv 2 quen and drop a yrden. then just group style and let the ifrit walk into the yrden sign 3 times and he dies. That's how strong yrden can be with that set up, 3 shots ifrit. against professor / azar same thing, quen, yrden and let them walk into it. professor is hard to kill so azar will be taking a lot of dmg from the trap &i also attacked him, my strong/fast styles were lv 2 for both silver/steel and group at lv 1. attacking them is optional since all you have to do is wait for the trap to trigger 1~2 more times to make up for the damage.So on my next playthrough with all those bunch of restrictions, i feel like this super yrden tactic is a bit cheap so i'd like to kill them normally if possible(i had bleeding resistances before along with dex/str/stam at lv 4 even with limited talent mod, so this time will be VERY tough as one of the bosses bleeds and the bleeds hurt, and there's no Kiss formula yet right? or did i miss it).-------------------Questions:--------------------With the super challenge mode, talent points is limited because your level is limited, also with the limited talent mod, so Aard i havent really found a use ever since a third into chapter 2. (at this point i was aoeing all the drowners/bloeds with group 1 silver with just albedo tawny / normal swallow, it's awesomely fun), is it possible to skip this or minimize the points spent into it? or is that not viable? It's the easier method i found so far to killing a barghest in chapter 1, and the only sane way i found to lucky-shot the beast boss(stun). also dont forget the ghouls in the crypt, but any alternate approaches to tackle these guys to save talent points, since i havent found a use for it anymore? Can lv 3~5 strong silver 'almost' replace lv 3~5 strong steel? even with a silver sword strong style combo im doing pretty decent damage against humans, any thoughts? this may allow me to skip 1~3 silver points into strong steel style. are there any points in the game where i have to exclusively rely on strong steel lv 3+?bug related: what causes the unable-to-cast-bug? seems to happen a lot after i took level 3 or above skills. what this does is right clicking will not let you cast spells anymore and switching stance/weapons don't do anything. is this a legitimate status effect, or some bug? btw i do have the signs selected.to flash:What exactly is 'wound resistance'? i took it but i have no idea what it does. someone please explain that to me? does it reduce damage by x%, or take 0 damage x% of the time or what? also is 'stone skin' silver talent and 'would resistance' gold talent cumulative? i.e. 25% + 33% = 58%? this is only first draft more edits/replies to come, tell me what you all think about the challenge, im gonna finish the game asap so i got more strategies to tackle this :Dedit1: added the default armor restriction to the challenge: you cannot upgrade your default armor.edit2: maybe use rusty sword -30% damage instead of normal sword @@?edit3: added the no grinding restriction i started a game already, rusty sword and all, will post how it goes XD

so i started a new game with rusty sword and all, you get to be lv 4 when prologue ends, you beat fat fred, out drink the drunk at tavern etc.some stuff i noticed:in prologue soon as you level up and meditate in the lab with vesemir, put 2 points into INT, leave aard talents alone. then grab the aard circle and that alone is enough to knockdown bandits upstairs, in fact i find stun is a hinderance as the animation can be too long.level 2 intelligence + no points spent in aard is enough to knockdown the 4 barghests in beginning of chapter 1, knockdown and kite. as soon as you gain control of character run all the way into the other end of the map and kite them. i been doing stuff in the daytime later on but i suspect all barghests can be killed this way, maybe ghouls doesnt need points in aard as well, but now i need a new strategy to kill the beast with no points in stun.havent taken oil making yet since spectre oil can be bought (and isnt even needed against leo really), but bear fat and alchemical paste along with 2 vermillion can be bought from abigail.you should be able to finish crypt + the rest of the chapter 1 while crinfrid oil lasts, but you have to do it without reloading(or your sword is bugged). if this is not viable i will go back to oil making for the ghoul oil. hard to imagine doing crypts in 0 reloads with a rusty sword against ozzrel, im gonna just try kiting him with full talented igni.---------------zoltan's goons drop rusty swords so you may now have one coated with cinfrid oil, save & reload as you wish to kill ozzrel. discard it after the 24 hour timer expires since it will be bugged.to save vesna, grab her and rest till day to avoid the annoying barghests from the shrines. in chapter 1 i put 1 point into pain intensity for fast steel but i realized you absolutely dont have a need to in chapter 1: when you actually do need to inflict pain it will be on the ghouls and by then you will be using crinfrid oil. leo's ghost is immune to pain and drowners are immune to pain, plants will be torched to death, barghests will be knocked down with aard. so that was a big fail to lose that 1 bronze point.untalented aard + level 2 int is enough to knock down drowners, havent tried the downed drowner yet.--------------------Ozzrel: abigail sells 2 vermillion so maybe i can drink a thunderbolt and kite ozzrel to death with maxed out igni? does thunderbolt increase igni damage? stay tuned cant wait to try it out XD------------------Nadir can be knocked down with untalented aard.I see no point in putting points into stamina early until crypts for extra dps against ghouls with igni, and poison resistance can be overlooked since you will regenerate over the plant's poisons most likely with a swallow.for crypts: even with lv 2 strong steel with the +damage talent for the second level, you will be doing around 7~8 damage on the ghouls because of rusty sword, and imo you need the crinfrid oil on the blade to apply pain for the damage mitigation, so the talents are not worth it at all. chapter 1 you can get by with untalented sword skills.you dont even need to buy specter oil for leo: maxed out igni absolutely dominated him.Thunderbolt does not boost igni damage.ozzrel is killable by kiting with igni: i was level 8 with all quests done, albedo tawny owl, nigredo swallow, reubedo cat, place of power, fire shrine, water. now i need to figure out how to kill the hellhound without putting that point into stun for aard >_>------------------lol after countless tries of taking it head on....untalented aard + blessing of air + place of power, enter salamander hide out at 10:00 PM, igni opener on the beast then aard and it was knocked down for the instant kill.

I gave FCR a shot but it's a bit too rough for me. I mean, I could, *probably*, handle it, but I want a more "cursive" game experience as opposed to an endless stream of reloads.What I wanted to ask was if installing Flash (after deleting FCR) with the options for "Harder", but then removing the "harder difficulty" item from the install would work. I mean, I have the changes to armor and weapons, but I'm not sure if they're too over/underpowered for the normal game difficulty. Same goes for the XP.And, please, let me know if there is some sort of talent point distribution modification included in Flash - and if not, is it compatible with the mini-mod that does that?Cheers!cc

the FCR seem to have its own talent system but the insane mod does not, you can combine 'talent point rebalance' mod with this insane flash mod if you want, its what i did.the flash mod swords i noticed are relatively nerfed (in damage esp) compared to normal swords, but when you use the skills you developed from playing insane mode in a normal game, it's piece of cake. i am fairly certain you can finish the insane mod with rusty sword, normal silver sword, limited talent mod & non-boosted xp rewards with no grinding, i just havent got around to it (at begining of chapter 2, still playing).the XP is slightly higher with the mod, making the original game even easier. i finished insane at level 40 and i hear the avg level to finish normal game is lv 34~35.seems like a lot of people finished playing FCR but right now i feel like i have no control in the luck dodge/parry rolling system in the prologue, i wonder how a real pro would breeze through it or does reload become part of the strategy as well? XD i will wait for future versions before giving it another shot i thinkthe insane mod is one of the most fun mods i've played so far for any game, nice job flash ^^

i found some interesting stuff when i started dumping points into Yrden, dont know if this was intended since it feels super strong.Those mobs that can only be hit by fast attacks can be blinded by the yrden sign, when that happens you can bleed them and continue igni(with pain)/strong style them to death.When poison hits Yrden on a boss, it does like 500 damage (!) per tick on stuff like Azar in act 5. it was something like 498 per tick. Poison from Yrden is RIDICULOUSLY strong and Yrden sign gets rid of ALL need to spend points into fast steel: Igni inflicts pain and Yrden blinds/poisons. When you meet your first mutant near the tower you dont relaly need points into fast steel if you dumped points into yrden and had poison/blind active. every mutant/big brother and even some strong undead etc can be affected by blind/poison and are helpless to strong style afterwards, stuff like bruxae.Yrden is one of the most ultimate boss killers when you choose to abuse it. Chapter II you stack petri philter + place of power + lv 2 yrden/int and blessing of yrden, you can 3 shot ifirit and quen + trap the bosses till cutscene. I kited the Koschey boss to death with Yrden's poison and lv 2 quen. I had lv 4 yrden lv 4 int, not even petri's philter or place of power, or blessing. I dont even remember bleeding it, just igni open quen yrden kite till he's ready to be one shotted by another igni/strong combo.all the mutants in act 5 got owned by yrden's poison/blind etc, poison does like 300+ damage.when i read the bestiary some stuff that are immune to everything are not immune to yrden's poison XD i suspect this wasnt intended, but fun as hell cause it's a super swiss army knife.

Is it somehow possible to modify the scrolling combat text (dodgy, parry, etc...), too? It is far too small and it scrolls too fast for my liking and that makes it difficult to read the text in some situations. Actually, that bothers me since the release of the game and it would be great to implement such an optional function to this great mod. ;) (i.e. making the text al litte bit bigger and slower scrolling)

please help.the walk-mod simply not working. all the other options works great (great mod btw), but NO MATTER WHAT the walk mod will not work.tried to re-install the mod 2 times and nada.and yes, I pressed F3 and I am in ost camera.I can see the "walk" bind in the game controllers, but no matter which key ill enter, Im still running!!!!!running The Witcher Enhanced Edition 1.5 verhelppppppppp ?

glaucoma said:
I can see the "walk" bind in the game controllers, but no matter which key ill enter, Im still running!!!!!running The Witcher Enhanced Edition 1.5 ver
you need to keep pressing the Walk button

obviously I am. I keep pressing that key as it was 'move key' mate.it aint that.something is wrong, any key ill choose to "walk key" will interpreted as the ordinary "move key" AKA run key.

Top Bottom