[TW1] [mod] Full Combat Rebalance (FCR) version 1.6

+
Uninstall and then reinstall FCR 1.6a making sure to select the options you want before clicking the final install button should solve your problem .

Tommy said:
Uninstall and then reinstall FCR 1.6a making sure to select the options you want before clicking the final install button should solve your problem .
Yup that's the first thing I tried. I uninstall fcr, reinstall it uncheck the new ecosystem, then load my save.
However, I came back to the swamp cave to check if the Cockatrices respawn after 24 h, the cave is still empty. No drowners in sewer either. Is it because I finished the Salamandra quest in the cave ? I'm in the middle of chapter 3 btw
edit: wow I can't even find Archespores in the swamp at night anymore, wyverns also stopped spawning, also I never encountered a royal wyvern in this mod ( even after killing Moa)
This is just so wrong.
Maybe I should look for a specific file to delete ?

Also, has anyone been bothered by the fact that NPCs can leech A LOT of our exp in this game ? (and I mean it can be up to thousand exp lost in a single fight, just because you don't take the last hit - you know that this game's animation is not at all responsive, so taking last hit on low hitpoint monsters can be very hard). Since the mod modifies the armor and weapon damage and make it easier to deal large amount of damage, when you fight with allies, especially other witchers (holyshit I hate Berengar), they will constantly take kills, possibly leaving Geralt with no exp. No wonder witchers always prefer to work alone ~_~ and I will always make a choice where I fight alone,especially in this mod.
In other situations, imagine, in a fight with a large group of Bloedzuigers, your Geralt spend a lot of effort kiting around with igni, and then boom, one of them explodes, this explosion kills all other Bloedzuigers and thus giving Geralt exp of one single Bloedzuige ! How frustrating
This is stupid and it really annoys the hell out of me, someone should modify the exp reward system, giving Geralt exp when the creature dies as long as it takes damage from him.

Hi Guys, first post here, asking here for help.

Well, just to say I have a problem with lvl 4 and lvl 5 attacks. Basically, my character never does them. He performs several lvl 3 attacks instead. Has anyone had this problem ? Is there anything I can do ?

I must add that I've played with the FCR mod from the get go, so I don't know if this is mod-related or not. I didn't download any official patch; should I?

Thanks a lot.

Aow, that was just me too silly to understand that you have to hold the button to charge the attack. Problem solved!

Does the mod have a Czech translation/support? And if it doesn't is it possible to play with Czech subtitles while having English description of the modified skills etc.?
I'm gonna bump my previous questions and add another - how would one go about translating the mod? I read somewhere that there was supposed to be a translation manual but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Hi, this might be an easy question to answer, but I am really at loss to solve it myself. Everywhere it says thet FCR 1.6 gives possibility to turn the flaming sword icon when performing combos on or off on any difficulty level. This option should be available in the installer. However I only found there option to turn it on for the highest difficulty. Now, I want to play the witcher with FCR on the easiest of the harder difficulty options (called 'High'), but without that annoying flaming sword.

So, does FCR give an option to turn the flaming sword icon off for the 1st difficulty level? How?
Thanks a lot for any advice

Hi Guys!

I need help with following issues.

I'm going to make the Hungarian translation for this Mod (TW1 FCR) is almost complete.
I have made the translated the *.uti and *.dlg files into Hungarian language.

I have 2 minor Problems to finish the translation.
1) for translate the Dialog*.tlk files I cant find the tool called TlkEdit.
???wlease can you send me a link or the right TlkEdit tool???

2) the pop-up descriptions are wrong in the Skill Tree. I see the original Skill descriptions.
???where can I edit this pop-up description???

Please help in this two Issues and I can finish the translation.

Mission Completed!

The FCR Mod Hungarian Translation is DONE!!! :)
I will go and play the whole Game again. :):):):>:>:>
When I am back I will make a Setup and share the Translation.

Bye

Is there any hope to fix "stun lock" caused by pain animation upon bleeding effect?
First barghest attack in chapter one is insane - they bleed Geralt and he simply dies, unable to do anything.

Is there any hope to fix "stun lock" caused by pain animation upon bleeding effect?
First barghest attack in chapter one is insane - they bleed Geralt and he simply dies, unable to do anything.

Its been a little while since I played through, but what normally works for me is the use group style on the Hell Beast and concentrate only on her (not sure of gender but she strike me as a girl doggy :) ) and don't worry about the adds. Group style does fairly decent damage to her, and with the Specter oil, which is of major importance, it makes short work of the adds. When you get some space, you can mix up the styles for special effect bonus like pain and bleeding on the Hell Beast. Surprisingly enough, the Hell Beast is fairly easy to stun and coup de grace. Its a strangely easy fight even on Witcher difficulty if you run like hell at the start to avoid getting destroyed by fire and pain.

Its been a little while since I played through, but what normally works for me is the use group style on the Hell Beast and concentrate only on her (not sure of gender but she strike me as a girl doggy :) ) and don't worry about the adds. Group style does fairly decent damage to her, and with the Specter oil, which is of major importance, it makes short work of the adds. When you get some space, you can mix up the styles for special effect bonus like pain and bleeding on the Hell Beast. Surprisingly enough, the Hell Beast is fairly easy to stun and coup de grace. Its a strangely easy fight even on Witcher difficulty if you run like hell at the start to avoid getting destroyed by fire and pain.
I meant first battle at the start of chapter.
If any of 4 barghests bleed Geralt he just stands still for several seconds as if he is in pain, and in that time barghests chew him to death.
Flash disabled some of crit effects like stun and pain to prevent stunlocks, so i presume bleed is the same problem. This battle is not hard though, maybe will take a couple save-loads, but i guess further in the game it might become quite a problem.
Also, i don't understand why attacks sometimes doesnt work - for example, a group style in this battle keeps being parried.

O, that battle. Yes, that is pretty hard. You can run behind the the inn and, if you are lucky, face them 1 or two at a time giving you a chance to recharge Aard. It feels ridiculas but do what you got to do ;) .

Attacks like group style are not working because Geralt's damage is not surpassing the damage threshold of the monster. For example, if Geralt does 5 damage with Strong Style he will do 3 with Group Style (I think its minus 2, but regardless he will do less damage). So if the armor of the barghest is 4, he will no be able to hit with group style. This basic rule leads me to level up Strength first. In the later game, even with oil, you will no hit an enemy if your damage is not high enough.

Group is -6, Strong +2 and Fast +1 (Strong increases rapidly with levels and bonuses (as much as +10 from raw levels with bonuses throughout too).

Strength is useful for damage increases*, there is one bronze skill on intelligence that gives +1, and there are also significant advantages to taking +5dex, +5str and the linked skill adrenaline. (though that possibility is a fairly long way off (mid game or later)). *Applies to all 6 sword skills, and non-witcher weapons, including a torch.

Torches ignore armour, so unless there is immunity to fire (possible for an IFRIT, for example though not checked/tested), then it is a reliable (if weak) weapon, particularly for a weak Geralt. Again, I don't think you can have a torch that early, but they are useful to carry *as a weapon* for much of the early game for occasional use when all else fails (e.g. wrong oils). Geralt fights badly with the torch so it becomes less useful as you need to become 'better'.

Threshold reduce damage, right? So, playing on easy difficulty of hard pack (wich is named hard difficulty) i can face a monster that even with everything i have ill be barely scratching? And it will also regenerate fast enough that i wont be able to kill it at all?
Is there a leveling guide?

Oh, and people says vanilla hard is actually easy, is it true?
I only played medium several years ago up to chapter 3.

The FCR 1.6 manual has the full tables of bonuses/penalties, and weapon and armour stats, and the monster characteristics for normal and harder monster pack.

The number of 'hits per attack' and damage per hit vary according to mode and sequence position ~ the final attack sequence is repeated with a +2(iirc) bonus

For 'armoured' opponents, use fast attack, and the appropriate steel/silver according to silver sensitivity.
For monsters with a tough hide, use strong attack, and the appropriate steel/silver.
Group is most useful for 'frightening' large groups than doing significant damage. It can be useful when used as the opening strike, followed-up with chasing down and striking one or two enemies with the most appropriate fast/strong-attacks to maximise damage, before repeating the group attack to give you more time and space again. (The keyboard shortcuts are easier than using the icons for this). Group isn't really a 'good' option for killing groups of opponents as it is fairly weak... it also won't work if the maximum damage isn't at least +1

Use the appropriate oil type (Spectre/Necrophage/Vampire/Ornithosaur/Insectoid) to maximise specific damage against the monster being fought. For humans, one of the bleeding/poison/damage buff oil/whetstones can be useful, but these are weak against the tougher monsters.

Level dexterity up to 2-nd tier (both +5% dodge and parry) and tried standing in front of barghest for a couple of times whiout any potions.
Sometimes Geralt defends. But more often barghest constantly biting me, can multiple times bite me during my attacks.
Am i doing something wrong?

So I'm replaying TW1 with the FCR for the second time. I realized that last time when I thought I was playing on the Hardest difficulty, it was actually the hardest of the "Easy Pack".
So this time I'm doing a proper Hardest playthrough (And boy is it fucking hard alright, almost unfairly so TBH), but there was one question I had:

Is there any way of having the Minimalist UI, but still have HP bars show up?

There probably isn't, I just really love the cleaner UI but it sucks not being able to see how much HP stuff has.
Especially for the hardest mode when I die like 10 times to a monster, and then realize I was actually only a combo or 2 off killing it and I just needed to slightly alter my strategy. I almost gave up on Ozzrel because of this, assuming that my skill setup just wasn't right to take him down, but I re-installed the standard UI and found out I was so close and I just needed to pump out that extra igni and wait for that perfect stroke of luck.

Level dexterity up to 2-nd tier (both +5% dodge and parry) and tried standing in front of barghest for a couple of times whiout any potions.
Sometimes Geralt defends. But more often barghest constantly biting me, can multiple times bite me during my attacks.
Am i doing something wrong?

I just experienced that sequence earlier today, must have died at least 10 times to it.

Aard is your best friend, and just keep trying until you get lucky with the AI. Don't run off, because the Dogs will insta-kill the guard and then all come after you. The guard is actually more powerful then I thought, he can pretty much take one down on his own. Stay between the Gate and that closest house, Aard and insta-kill one dog (Preferably hitting 2 with it so one doesn't come behind and start biting you as you insta-kill the other), and then just keep trying until you can take the others down.
The bleed has a much greater chance of applying if they attack you from the side/back, so just try your best to always keep them in front of you. Annoyingly it can still go off if you get really unlucky, even if the dog is in front of you, but there's not much you can do there. It's like the Eternal Battle of TW1 (At least in Dark Mode with an Alchemy build the EB was pure bullshit), cruelly unfair to the point where it's a little stupid, but you'll get there eventually.

(If you're even still having trouble with that part, maybe you're not anymore)

Last edited:
Top Bottom