[TW1] [mod] Full Combat Rebalance (FCR) version 1.6

+
Wieczmin said:
Hi Flash, thank you very much for FCR 1.5. My score is:

Vanilla hard - finished
Flash mod insane - finished
FCR 1.3 RC max. difficulty - finished
FCR 1.5 witcher difficulty - not able to beat Grand Master (gave up after 2 days of trying)

Some notes i write down during playing 1.5 on witcher difficulty:

0) FCR 1.5 - for the first time i was able to beat Beast without Aard - Berghest 2 hits and run, Beast alone sequence-dodge-sequence. I was near death but felt really good about this fight.
1) Moving Vesper and Lilly - excellent idea, more logical.
2) Bindweed is usefull, but i've never used Golden Oriole - poison is too weak. One shouldn't be able to beat Basilisk without it.
3) Cat, DeVries, Black blood - useless. Thunderbolt - dodge and parry too precious -> useless too.
4) Vampires generally tough - nice. I was missing fleder fangs for Zahin - gave all I had to Velerad. Fleders before in town early, but unbeatable at my level. May be my fault.
5) Is there Geralt's dodge and parry reduction when health is under 50%? HP

Congratulations for a well done mod. How can I play without the new night vision? Must I delete some files or am I stuck with it? Replacing it with de vries extract isn't bad but it should at least last longer and have lower toxicity, like the original cat did.

And about the oil and bomb preparation: "no intelligence needed" it says but they requires herbalism so two points in intelligence ARE required!

Also there is somekind of bug with the dice playing quest because i get no experience from winning, basically i don't advance in that quest. -> The easy dice option fixes it.

Keep up the good work if you have the time.

Just when i register to get an answer everybody on the thread dies! Thanks and may the ground lie lightly upon you.

10ftplant said:
Just when i register to get an answer everybody on the thread dies! Thanks and may the ground lie lightly upon you.

Go ahead and ask your question . There will be replies i`m quite sure .

10ftplant said:
Congratulations for a well done mod. How can I play without the new night vision? Must I delete some files or am I stuck with it? Replacing it with de vries extract isn't bad but it should at least last longer and have lower toxicity, like the original cat did.

And about the oil and bomb preparation: "no intelligence needed" it says but they requires herbalism so two points in intelligence ARE required!

Also there is somekind of bug with the dice playing quest because i get no experience from winning, basically i don't advance in that quest. -> The easy dice option fixes it.

Keep up the good work if you have the time.

Thanks a lot Tommy!

10ftplant said:
Thanks a lot Tommy!
I haven`t tied with 1.5 yet . But i remember reading that a few others are in the process . I don`t know yet what new offerings there are in 1.5 . Have you checked the readme ?

GibbGeralt said:
Can i uninstall this mod half way through the game and continue on with that save? Or do i have to restart?

Shouldn`t have to restart a new game . However i remember that FCR used stacking for herbs so if you revert to non FCR then you might have to chuck some stuff to lighten the load . Also after uninstalling and when you load the last save game be sure and look around real close as sometimes potions will drop on the ground . A press of the alt key should highlight anything dropped though .

Okay so I seem to be having an issue and I can't seem to find an answer to it ANYWHERE:

For some reason, my HUD after installing FCR 1.5a is almost nonexistent. I've watched video's of the "minimalistic HUD" and mine looks nothing like what is shown in the pictures. I have health/stamina bars, and that's basically it.

Also, my main menu is suffering from a similar issue:

There is no "wolf" symbol above the menu options, nor any art around the options themselves, like there is supposed to be. You can tell that something is missing, as only the text for the options appear, in addition to the animated background.

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Hi

Thanks for this great mod, just having problems killing the Bruxa in the Elven ruins in the sewers, Ch 3. I have silver sword with vampire oil applied and she never seems to lose more than 25% of her health? Seems impossible to kill her! Any ideas?

Hello, there

Is FCR compatible with the Steam version of The Witcher? Couse I've installed it and I dont get the removal of the fisheye effect when in dark places, for example.

Ok, I've read a previous comment by Flash saying to delete the player.luc file in the /scripts folder to fix this issue. And that fixed it! So thanks, hehe :p

Next time ill research a little better, i promise...

Many thanks Flash for this great mod.

I always wanted to replay the first game, but found the game a bit easy.
(never used much of the signs, potions, bombs or oils before)

Somehow a difficulty like Witcher makes every monster really exiting and deadly.
Trying a new approach makes it more fun to replay the game.

Now I'm just sad i didn't notice this mod earlier.

I'm coming in fairly late here but I have a question that I'm not sure has ever been covered.

After looking over the skills and the way they improve in the FCR mod, I realized that I wasn't sure if my damage was going up every time I improved my skill. For example, under Strong Steel Style, the "Cut At The Jugular" skill gives you +5% bleeding for level 1, then +10% for level 2, and so on... But the "Crushing Blow" skill says +2 Damage for level 1, +2 Damage for level 2, and so on. Now, this is where I get confused because it seems that by "Cut At The Jugular" standards, my percentage goes up every level, so level 1 I'm at 5% and by level 3 I'm at 15% (makes sense to me) but the same logic applied to "Crushing Blow" would mean that by level 3 I should have +6 damage, but it says "+2 Damage". Do they stack for every level or does the damage not change? Am I wasting bronze skill points by paying for "Crushing Blow" at level 2 or 3 when I already bought it a level 1?

Now, I realize the answer might be obvious to everyone else but I've got myself kinda stuck in a logic loop here. Somebody want to help me out with this?

Upgrades for sword styles for for each attack level seperately. Second attack is not influenced by first level upgrade. It's not the mod mechanics, it's how the game works.

I'm having a problem. I'm playing on the easiest difficulty level, and I'm still finding a lot of fights to be quite challenging and preparations still need to be made, and I'm perfectly fine with that; it's what makes the game fun, after all, and FCR improves on this immensely, even at the lowest difficulty. My problem, however, is that it's hard to prepare accordingly for a fight, when the preparations don't behave the way they are supposed to. Enemies who stun can be a death sentence to encounter, unless you prepare and drink a Willow potion, this much I know from having played the game many times. Unfortunately, this does not seem to work, as I am still being stunned constantly when fighting fleders, garkains, or skullbeasts, for instance. At first, I thought I might be confusing the stun status effect with something else that renders me equally incapacitated for a while, but I eventually managed to catch the proof I needed that I was not simply reading it wrong. Take a look at these screenshots: One ("Willow - Immunity to Stun and Knockdown effects.") and Two ("Stun - Control of Geralt is blocked. Opponents can kill Geralt with one hit.")

So that's where I get confused. I do want the game to literally give me a game over if I do not have the appropriate preparations made, but when I actually do have these immunities active, and I still suffer from the status effects when fighting certain enemies, it frustrates me, somewhat. What else can I do to prevent such status effects, if not drink a potion like Willow? I mean, since I'm playing on Casual, and still end up dying a lot when I get sloppy with my protection, I can't imagine what happens on a higher difficulty (such as 'Witcher'). Is there something I'm missing? Some mechanic or exception that is mentioned somewhere (I searched the manual to no avail), that I've not learned yet? Any other tips?

I'm nearing the end of this playthrough, but I have at least one more (full) planned, and FCR makes the game so much more enjoyable overall, but I really don't want to have to struggle against these sort of things again. I need to know how to make Geralt immune to Stun, or at least very resistant to it. Like I said, I'm on 'casual' difficulty level, with all the must-have talents that protect me from damage and status effects, learned, and I always quaff a Willow when facing these types of enemies; and yet, the sheer frequency of Geralt being stunned by fleders, garkains, and skullbeasts in particular, is shocking.

Thank you in advance.

EDIT: Also, Black Blood does not exactly perform as advertised, either. The text says it kills the target outright, while in reality, they only take a certain amount of damage, before they start regenerating health again - combine this with the Stun they cause, as described above, and the effect of the potion is rendered almost useless. Again, maybe I'm missing some important information or I'm doing something wrong...

Thank you for this amazing mod. This is my first play through. I restarted the game after the first chapter (was way too easy) and installed FCR with the easy difficulty pack and playing it on the medium setting. I'm now on the end of chapter 2 but the fights are still surprisingly easy (Ramsmeat's group died without any preparation or reloading). Question. Is it possible to uninstall FCR in the middle of the game and re-install it with the hard-package?

For now I'll uncheck the "fewer monsters" option and check the "harder monsters for fewer monsters" option. Doesn't seem to make a large difference. Also can't get rid of the flaming sword symbol even though shouldn't medium on easy difficulty pack be "hard"?

I cant see enemy health rings and I cant find any instances of this happening to any one else so either it hasnt happened before or its something stupidly simple :p. I have the steam version of the game if that helps.

I also cant see the orange trails that tell you when to continue your combo. I dont give a crap about them the combos are easy to do anyway, just thought it might help.

gavinator252 said:
I cant see enemy health rings and I cant find any instances of this happening to any one else so either it hasnt happened before or its something stupidly simple :p. I have the steam version of the game if that helps.
Is this all enemies, or just some? The health rings of the Echinops have often been invisible even in the unmodded game.

gavinator252 said:
I also cant see the orange trails that tell you when to continue your combo. I dont give a crap about them the combos are easy to do anyway, just thought it might help.
There's an installation option for FCR that allows you to turn that on or off. Did you turn it off without meaning to?

Top Bottom