[TW1] [mod] Full Combat Rebalance (FCR) version 1.6

+
Corylea said:
Is this all enemies, or just some? The health rings of the Echinops have often been invisible even in the unmodded game.

There's an installation option for FCR that allows you to turn that on or off. Did you turn it off without meaning to?

Its all enemies, if theres an option to turn off the combo indicator then thats fine, just wanted to see if it was related.

I am feeling a bit discouraged by the wraiths in The Rat. I am level 11 and the 35 damage reduction seems very harsh when coupled with 3 regen/s. With Dominant Nigredo, Specter Oil and the basic silver sword I do 9 damage a hit. That would be enough to kill one if I could string attacks together, but that's just not possible. With hit and run and I have been able to get one down a couple times (may have be an insta-kill) but I am so beat up that the second one gets me.

I guess I have more of an overall question: Are there fights I shouldn't expect to win? I am on my first playthrough and I know it may have been foolish to go straight to FCR with harder enemies, but I wanted a challenge. This seems more like professional gamer hard and I'm on the easiest of the hard settings. I can't imagine Witcher difficulty. I was able to kill Ozzrel with no trouble and the only hard thing about the Beast fight was starting with no buffs and needing the apply them in combat. Why do they wipe, by the way? That's about as annoying as being hit when you enter a building before you even have a chance to draw your sword.

Also, why does it seem like running in a circle is going to be the norm for many of these fights? I am all for kiting and strategic play, but this chicken run seems like poor gameplay.

RtrnofdMax said:
I am feeling a bit discouraged by the wraiths in The Rat. I am level 11 and the 35 damage reduction seems very harsh when coupled with 3 regen/s. With Dominant Nigredo, Specter Oil and the basic silver sword I do 9 damage a hit. That would be enough to kill one if I could string attacks together, but that's just not possible. With hit and run and I have been able to get one down a couple times (may have be an insta-kill) but I am so beat up that the second one gets me.

I guess I have more of an overall question: Are there fights I shouldn't expect to win? I am on my first playthrough and I know it may have been foolish to go straight to FCR with harder enemies, but I wanted a challenge. This seems more like professional gamer hard and I'm on the easiest of the hard settings. I can't imagine Witcher difficulty. I was able to kill Ozzrel with no trouble and the only hard thing about the Beast fight was starting with no buffs and needing the apply them in combat. Why do they wipe, by the way? That's about as annoying as being hit when you enter a building before you even have a chance to draw your sword.

Also, why does it seem like running in a circle is going to be the norm for many of these fights? I am all for kiting and strategic play, but this chicken run seems like poor gameplay.

If you haven`t done so visit the places of power to give a boost to your signs . Igni works quite well on the wraiths and an extra bottle of White Rafford`s Decoction works wonders when health starts dropping .

RtrnofdMax said:
the only hard thing about the Beast fight was starting with no buffs and needing the apply them in combat. Why do they wipe, by the way?
You exit the cave at night -- the scene where the villagers are threatening to lynch Abigail is much more dramatic at night, with the torches against the night sky -- so time is advanced from whenever you entered the cave to nighttime. If time advances more hours than your potions are good for, then they wear off.

You can have pre-existing potion buffs for the Beast fight by meditating at the fire in the cave until nightfall, then applying your buffs, then exiting the cave. If you want to have a Place of Power buff, then you need to wait until nightfall, apply that buff, THEN enter the cave, so that the game won't have to advance time much before the scripted events happen.

MaxStrauss said:
Try this technique:

Colemans Geister

No, but keep moving and prevent - by all means - that you will be surrounded by enemies.

Thanks for the video. The two hit and move technique was what I was missing.

Now for some other questions:

1) How does armor penetration work? Does it reduce damage threshold or only the % damage reduction that armored humans and wyverns have?

2) How does silver sensitivity work? Since those susceptible to silver take 10 extra damage from silver swords, if you had a rune sword with +20% silver sensitivity, would you then do 12 extra damage?

Thanks.

Hi
Im new to the forum but can't find the answer to my question. Im playing FCR 1.5 on Hard but can't seem to be able to beat the Bruxa in the eelven ruins beneath the city? I use a silver sword and have tried with vampire oil which only takes a quarter of her strength away then she just regenerates too fast, im only causing 2-4 damage each blow. I've also tried using other coatings one which causes 30% more damage using silver sword but to no avail? She just keeps taking the blows but won't die? Please help as my last post got ignored, thanks

Rasher77 said:
Hi
Im new to the forum but can't find the answer to my question. Im playing FCR 1.5 on Hard but can't seem to be able to beat the Bruxa in the eelven ruins beneath the city? I use a silver sword and have tried with vampire oil which only takes a quarter of her strength away then she just regenerates too fast, im only causing 2-4 damage each blow. I've also tried using other coatings one which causes 30% more damage using silver sword but to no avail? She just keeps taking the blows but won't die? Please help as my last post got ignored, thanks
Do you have any whetstones or temporary rune stones on hand . Are you using any signs like Igni in combination with the sword strikes . There should be some places of power in close vicinity in the sewers . Also try potions that increase damage or critical hit percentages .

Tommy said:
Do you have any whetstones or temporary rune stones on hand . Are you using any signs like Igni in combination with the sword strikes . There should be some places of power in close vicinity in the sewers . Also try potions that increase damage or critical hit percentages .

Hi thanks for the reply, I think my game is bugged somehow. I tried Silver sword coated in vampire oil and fast action as cant hit her using strong. I tried temp rune stone but this wipes away the vampire oil effect which renders the sword useless. I have tried her with igni and plenty of sword combos but still her health dosn't dip beneath approx 25% . Problem is that sword oils and whetstones etc are not cumulative ie the sword can only have the benfit of one effect at any one time, this is crap. How do I kill the Bruxa!!! tearing my hair out, like i said, im only inflicting 2-4 damage with sword and maybe 7 or 8 with igni but not enough, she must regenerate really quickly. Ideas anyone? thanks again for your relply!

Rasher

Hey Rasher, i also started TW1EE: FCR(Hard) few days ago, and i just got to elven ruins and killed that Bruxa.
I used blizzard and swallow potions, drank some milk for endurance regen and used basic silver sword with
some vampire oil on it. I used strong stile attacks and combined them with igni attacks (i have level 3 igni).
And i also used place of power (there is one right at the beginnig of ruins) for stronger igni attacks. I had to
fight her for about 3 mins (and i mean 3 minutes of hitting her with all i got) until she finnaly died.
So... it's a tough fight, but not impossible by any means.

Hope this helps mate! Cheers!

CoronerZg said:
Hey Rasher, i also started TW1EE: FCR(Hard) few days ago, and i just got to elven ruins and killed that Bruxa.
I used blizzard and swallow potions, drank some milk for endurance regen and used basic silver sword with
some vampire oil on it. I used strong stile attacks and combined them with igni attacks (i have level 3 igni).
And i also used place of power (there is one right at the beginnig of ruins) for stronger igni attacks. I had to
fight her for about 3 mins (and i mean 3 minutes of hitting her with all i got) until she finnaly died.
So... it's a tough fight, but not impossible by any means.

Hope this helps mate! Cheers!

Hi Thanks for the replies LK & Coroner, LK, Blackblood is useless mate, does nothing to her but thanks anyways. Coroner, I have tried simular methods to no avail although i may not be level 3 igni and i didnt use the power up place before fighting. I will try this as well as drinking blizzard as well and see what happens. Cheers again

Rasher

Rasher77 said:
Hi Thanks for the replies LK & Coroner, LK, Blackblood is useless mate, does nothing to her but thanks anyways. Coroner, I have tried simular methods to no avail although i may not be level 3 igni and i didnt use the power up place before fighting. I will try this as well as drinking blizzard as well and see what happens. Cheers again

Rasher

Hi again, tried all methods listed to no avail, I only have level 1 igni but i use the igni power up stone and whatever or however many times I hit her, she dosn't drop below 25% - 30 % ? Also can only hit her using Vampire oil on strong style (not fast as I said in previous post) silver sword? I use Tawny potion and Blizzard. Im out of ideas and have decided to put the game away and please believe me, I aint easily beaten but this has done it for me. I even think my game is corrupted some how? Any ideas then please help. anyone fought that Bruxa in question recentley??

Bruxa has high armor and hp regeneration. You need highest damage possible to kill her without using exploits, like running around and aarding. At this point in Act 3 the optimal character development -- and optimal is required for high difficulties package option -- includes strong silver style lvl 3 and strength lvl 5 with aggression upgrade. That's damage:
5 strength + 2 agression + 1 living anatomy + 6 strong silver + 20 sword + 10 oil = 44 dmg - 30 from bruxa's armor = 14 damage per hit.

With bonus from Place of Power, placed Yrden, Igni spam and 14 dmg from sword bruxa falls easily. It's possible to beat her with 9 dmg from sword but might be frustrating.

High difficulties package is hardcore. You need to know the mod. If you have problems with beating monsters just reinstall the mod with Easy difficulty package. Easy package is similar to vanilla game difficulty.

Oh, and btw. mod updated to 1.6 yesterday.

Flash said:
Bruxa has high armor and hp regeneration. You need highest damage possible to kill her without using exploits, like running around and aarding. At this point in Act 3 the optimal character development -- and optimal is required for high difficulties package option -- includes strong silver style lvl 3 and strength lvl 5 with aggression upgrade. That's damage:
5 strength + 2 agression + 1 living anatomy + 6 strong silver + 20 sword + 10 oil = 44 dmg - 30 from bruxa's armor = 14 damage per hit.

With bonus from Place of Power, placed Yrden, Igni spam and 14 dmg from sword bruxa falls easily. It's possible to beat her with 9 dmg from sword but might be frustrating.

High difficulties package is hardcore. You need to know the mod. If you have problems with beating monsters just reinstall the mod with Easy difficulty package. Easy package is similar to vanilla game difficulty.

Hi Flash and thankyou for your feedback! I had a feeling that my stats were not high enough. Im Lvl 20 character, with Lvl 3 Strong Silver Sword Style, Lvl 2 Aard, Lvl 1 Igni, and Only Lvl 1 Strength. Is this not enough to kill her? If not I will go and earn more experience before trying again. I have found some monsters very hard but have always come through in the end so I will stick with it and try again. Many thanks to everyone who replied. Rasher

Flash said:

Hey Flash, i'm in ACT V (Hard: Witcher) and i have to say, your mod is awesome!
However, since you're still updating it, i would like to point out what Kindo said on last
page, cause it's true. Some fights are just plane impossible because of that stun exploit.

In ACT V for example, there is no way to kill that Bruxa boss (Lilly?), cause she just keeps
stunning you and that's instant kill. I have endurance level 5, maxed out, and i use Willow and still
nothing. Her every attack stuns me, and she has like zillion health, armor and regen, so... yea

And i can live with that, she's boss and all, but few times Fleders did the same stun loop on me (Vivaldi bank),
and that just sucked. So if you continue to work on this mod i think you should really take a look at that exploit.

Otherwise i love it! Reading books about monsters before every combat, preparation, risk,
wrong oil/sword style and you're dead... pure awesomeness. And it helps with immersion a lot,
because Witcher's life should be on the line all the time, and with this mod it really is.

Willow
DefAbility({Name = "potion_024", AttrsMod = {EffectImmunity = {Stun = 1, Falter = 1}} ...

Immunities and resistances doesn't work properly in game, not mod related. Can't fix it since FCR is made completely as a fan mod, no dev sources used.

I'll remedy that tomorrow by removing Stun and Knockdown effects from enemy attacks completely. Enemies shouldn't ever have attacks that there's no defense against.

Oh, so it's in vanilla game also... funny, i always played on Witcher difficulty
and it was still so easy i never even noticed that exploit. But yea, if there is
no way to fix that, i think removing the effects would be fair.

Top Bottom