[TW1] [mod] Full Combat Rebalance (FCR) version 1.6

+
thanks for advice tommy.

maltrain, i am not sure if spanish localization was made yet. ie i was playing game in czech, what isnt translated too and i didnt even had the heliotrop sign. right after i changed language to english, voila, heliotrop appeared :D and im not talking only about texts, but icon itself too. i am not sure if axie was working alike heliotrop anyway, because i didnt try it in game

MaLTRaiN said:
I have a doubt. I installed this patch (I think).
FCR is a mod, not a patch. ;)

Then, I started a new game with spanish voices. Well, the spanish voices are pretty bad, so I changed to english voices with spanish subtitles. No problem at all until now.

Thing is... it's the patch working on my game? I ask this because it says that doesn't support spanish.
The mod doesn't change the dialogue, so that should be the same no matter what. FCR changes a lot of the descriptions of Geralt's skills, so when you get a skill tree, the descriptions should be in whatever language you chose to install FCR in, IF you have the text language set to that language. If your text language is set to a language that FCR isn't available in, then those things might be blank.

How can I know that I applied this patch correctly and it's running???
If combat seems a lot harder, that's one way. ;) Take a look at your The Witcher Enhanced Edition\Data folder. If there's a folder in there called "z_FCR," then it's installed.

SECOND THING
About the game, a little question. Is there a way of "save" a knife or a torch for using it later on the game? I mean, I have the torch, but I lost the knife.
There's an armor that you get late in the game that allows you to have both a dagger AND a torch. Or you can install a mod that gives you two slots for side weapons.

I haven't use any of these, but I assume I'll use torch on caves and knifes for flay animals... is that it?
Geralt's skinning knife, for getting ingredients from monsters, is always with him; you don't need a dagger for that. If you have the dagger, it's used in some finishing moves; it's a cool enough maneuver that it's worth having a dagger around for it. The torch can be used to light your way in caves; it can also be used to do fire damage to hostile plants. The Cat potion can enable you to see in caves, and Igni can set fire to hostile plants, so while a torch can be nice to have, you don't really NEED one.

By the way, I'm in Chapter 1 and I LOVE THE GAME SO FAR!!!
Glad to hear that you like it; it's a wonderful game!

Thanks very much. Well, the FCR was in a "new folder" inside the main one, I don't know why. I uninstalled it and reunistalled again. I hope I don´t have sync problems. If not, I must start all again... :(

I'm having some problems after I ended up having to repair my installation using the steam utility (got corrupt data message loading c3) and reinstall the mod, this was likely not caused by any mod but rather me being an idiot using Djinni. Suddenly the damage of humanoids is way higher, both that which I output and that which other humanoids output. Drinking the "nightmare" potion of challenge does not put me back down to doing 10 or so strong style initial damage per hit to the ifrit at the end of c2 as I did before with what I'm pretty sure is an optimal build (str 5 dex 4), specter oil, nigredo active, thunderbolt and fisstech. After reinstall with these I'm suddenly doing 26 per hit that challenge potion won't lower, and the damage that the two humanoid enemies right after that ifrit do to me is also much higher. I might as well add that before reinstall (haven't tried after) I could instakill ghosts if I hit them in the right moment during the stagger from yrden, I'm not sure whether this is in any way close to intended behaviour or not because of the ambiguous tip about yrden in the manual. There should not have been any changes to the mod since, both versions are 1.6a and every bit of play was with the mod installed. Is my current install broken somehow, is my save fucked somehow, was my last install faulty or is it something else altogether? Only other mod I'm running is scabbards, which may have been installed without the fcr compatibility option last time (not that I see how missing that should be able to cause any conflicts going by my my guess is that it's only for Ard'aenye and such).

Sounds like you have played the game with hard difficulty pack before and now, after reinstallation, you have the default one - easy pack. Easy difficulty pack decreases monster's armor ratings.

I missed stating that, I am very sure that I always used the hard pack, controlled by seeing the starting difficulty alternatives which are what they should be for the hard pack - though I do not know if they are working normally in a new game as opposed to my save.

Hi
Having massive problems killing the Ifrits that the GM summons before he shoots off. I use the silver sword with Specter oil on strong style but they are far harder than previous Ifrits I've come accross. I could manage 2 but 4! they seem to regenerate too fast. Also I used Igni maxed out with potion that increases the strength of the signs and they take a hit for 120 but when i try and use igni a second time, they dont take any damage? I think the difficulty jumped massively. I realise i play on hard but they are impossible. I would have to stand and hit one of them continuosly to kill it by which time the other 3 would be kicking my ass to bits. Any other ideas?
Thanks

P.S forgot to say im lvl 38 and have maxed out Igni to expert. All stg, dex, intell, all maxed

Hey Rasher, i see you got over that Bruxa ;D

Anyway, i had the same problem with those Epilogue Ifrits.
I tried all kinds of strats and potion/oil/sign combos, but i still failed to take them out.
At the end i gave up on fighting all of them, so i was just running around the map jumping
over them and sprinting inside the cave until i pulled them apart. Then i took out one by one.
Nothing else worked. But i think it was before the last update by Flash, cause i remember
after that last update, i killed Ifrits in the final battle with Grand Master pretty easy.

Rasher77 said:
Also I used Igni maxed out with potion that increases the strength of the signs and they take a hit for 120 but when i try and use igni a second time, they dont take any damage?
Ifrits are creatures of FIRE. It's due to a bug in the game that they take any damage from Igni at all. Don't use fire on fire creatures, and you may have more luck. ;)

Corylea said:
Ifrits are creatures of FIRE. It's due to a bug in the game that they take any damage from Igni at all. Don't use fire on fire creatures, and you may have more luck. ;)

No shit Sherlock!!! lol, seriously thanks for the reply but I tried more fire as the first fireball blasted 4 of them good but the next ones had no effect and as you say, that makes sense as they are from fire :)

Coroner
I have done all the things as you have described mate and like you say, its pretty futile! I had considered and tried spliting them to no avail as they seem to hone in on me pretty good but I will try and outrun them some more. I reckon I can take them on their own. Thanks for your reply mate. P.S the bruxa got bummed good and proper lol (No Offense anyone lol) She was difficult but I just needed to sort out the potions and up my strength which seemed to help most against her. Im nearly there anyway so I'll battle on. Thanks again

Rasher

Yrden works decently enough to keep 1 or 2 at bay long enough to get in a couple good strikes and maybe take them out that way

I'm playing Witcher for the first time and with this wonderful mod. From what I can tell, it forced me to learn every aspect of the game and thus been a real blast!

Unfortunately, I'm stuck in Act V without access to storage. I hesitated to install additional mods but could not really progress without storage. None of the existing ones seem to work with FCR.

So I extracted the BIF files and plunged into D'jinni. I edited cn_dentist.dlg with dialog linked to the 'Store' action type, then placed the file into \Data\Override. I edited q9027_dentist.utc in \Data\z_FCR\utc to have the 'Store' set to 'storage'.

Alas, this did not work. When talking to Zahin, the storage option is available, but it still links to a store as defined in 5_dent_01.utm. But I do not see where else this file is referenced.

Any ideas? :(

wretchx said:
I'm playing Witcher for the first time and with this wonderful mod. From what I can tell, it forced me to learn every aspect of the game and thus been a real blast!

Unfortunately, I'm stuck in Act V without access to storage. I hesitated to install additional mods but could not really progress without storage. None of the existing ones seem to work with FCR.

So I extracted the BIF files and plunged into D'jinni. I edited cn_dentist.dlg with dialog linked to the 'Store' action type, then placed the file into \Data\Override. I edited q9027_dentist.utc in \Data\z_FCR\utc to have the 'Store' set to 'storage'.

Alas, this did not work. When talking to Zahin, the storage option is available, but it still links to a store as defined in 5_dent_01.utm. But I do not see where else this file is referenced.

Any ideas? :(
I think it would probably be easier to use J_Slash's wonderful Stuff That Makes Geralt's Life Easier mod. His custom script will conflict with Flash's, but you only need to have the custom script for the Stuff mod in your game for a second. Take custom_script.ncs out of the FCR folder and put it on your desktop. Install the Stuff mod. (Remember not to have both the Stuff and Remove folders in your Data folder at once.) Start up your game and wait 5 seconds, until Geralt has been given the Stuff items. SAVE your game and exit. Then remove custom_script.ncs from the Stuff folder and replace Flash's custom_script.ncs in the FCR folder. Start your game up again, and you should have FCR with the Stuff mod working.

The custom_script.ncs file for the Stuff mod only gives the items to Geralt, it doesn't make them work, so once you have the Stuff items in your game, you don't need Stuff's custom_script.ncs file anymore.

I don't use FCR, myself, but I use custom_script a lot, so I'm pretty sure that this will work if you do it right.

Thank you Corylea, for your solution and steps.

Tommy linked me to that thread on another forum. However, I don't wish to use that mod because I think it modifies the game too much. I chose FCR because I believed it offered a good balance of having the game presented as it was intended while fixing most or all of the glaring gameplay issues.

If someone can always access storage, why have an inventory? If meditation can be done anywhere, what are the fireplaces for? Perhaps if I planned to play the game several times, I'd utilize that mod.

Being able to access storage through Zahin seems like a minimalist fix. If I can't figure it out over the next few days, I shall follow your directions as a last resort. :)

Oh my ifrits!

After several hours, I figured out why Zahin was not giving me storage. It was because for testing, I was loading a save where I was already in the tower. So I left the tower and went back in. Reluctantly, Zahin showed me my stuff. Yes!

I know my friend will want this mini-fix when he starts the game. As simple as it is, I'll archive it up and post it here.

wretchx said:
Oh my ifrits!

After several hours, I figured out why Zahin was not giving me storage. It was because for testing, I was loading a save where I was already in the tower. So I left the tower and went back in. Reluctantly, Zahin showed me my stuff. Yes!
Aw, geeze. I hate it when that happens!

I know my friend will want this mini-fix when he starts the game. As simple as it is, I'll archive it up and post it here.
I imagine your friend won't be the only one to want it, so I encourage you to give it a thread of its own, here in the modding section of the forum and/or post it to The Witcher Nexus.

Thanks, I will post it on that site as soon as it's ready. :)

But I have a problem. While testing the mod, I think I damaged my installation. Whenever I enter a shop (e.g. Kalkstein's lab) or inn (e.g. Country Inn), I get fisheye no matter the time of day! I used to never have fisheye, and I always have the fisheye option checked during FCR setup.

A few times, I uninstalled FCR, restarted, deleted z_FCR folder, re-validated files with Steam, and re-installed FCR, but I still get fisheye indoors. I even deleted all the CDR registry entries. Have I gone completely insane or has fisheye always been there indoors to begin with?

I searched for recently modified files and found player.luc in \System\Scripts. I can't seem to find any info on this file or where it came from, but deleting it fixed the fisheye issue.

Just finished The Witcher with FCR, hard levels, difficulty 2 out of 3 - masterful work Flash, I really enjoyed the game much more this way!!

A few questions:

a) is the Zeugl fight one of the hardest of the whole game? He goes down as soon as I damaged him, Yrden don't work, I only had 3/5 Igni and he hits like a truck. I survived only with my 4/5 Group Style silver, that allowed me to parry a lot more in between tentacles phase, and had to bleed his hit point so slowly. Triss is really useless in that fight.

:cool: did you increase the range of the Dragon's Dream?

c) the Grand Master didn't had any Efreets around him during the fight. Did you removed them or my fight was bugged?

Thank you very much for this *GREAT* mod!

P.S.: do you work for CD Project now? Since when?

I know this may seem like a dumb question because its title is pretty self-explanatory. But my question is what exactly does the Full Combat Rebalance mod do? I've been reading about it and I still can't find a clear answer. I pretty much figured it'll rebalance weapon damage and armor reductions as well as the Witcher Skill Trees, but does it effect the mechanics of the combat itself? Does it add new animations or attack styles? Sorry for this dumb question, but this mod has me really interested.

Top Bottom