[TW1] [mod] Full Combat Rebalance (FCR) version 1.6

+
I uploaded my small dentist mod for FCR. You can grab it at http://witcher.nexusmods.com/mods/325 or on this forum here. Hope it is useful for some people.

Now back to the game!

More questions:

- I retried the GM fight and indeed, Efreets are there (or better, the Omens of Fire), but are invisible - I will see their name highlighted if I hold ALT, but I don't see their model. Do they do anything at all? Can they be killed? Is this a bug?

- In some videos I have seen players charging their Igni attack to extend both its range and area of effect. How can I achieve this? Because of Igni's short range and Dragon's Dream long area of effect I completely gave up this technique, that from what I see in other videos is a pretty viable one. Has this feature been removed?

Thanks again.

Noir said:
- In some videos I have seen players charging their Igni attack to extend both its range and area of effect. How can I achieve this? Because of Igni's short range and Dragon's Dream long area of effect I completely gave up this technique, that from what I see in other videos is a pretty viable one. Has this feature been removed?
I only now unlocked these abilities. Is it safe to assume you tried to hold down the right mouse button to charge?

Were you able to get into a wayfarer's stone? I can't use the signs to enter the crypts because the endurance cost is too great. I'm almost maxed out on Igni, Aard and Intelligence. I also consume Tawny Oil, Maribol Forest and endurance food. I just don't have enough to do them in succession without pause. What else can I do?

wretchx said:
I only now unlocked these abilities. Is it safe to assume you tried to hold down the right mouse button to charge?

Yes I did of course. The standard spell fires immediately, no charge bar at all. I remember in Vanilla I could charge Aard, but now I can't charge anything at all.

wretchx said:
Were you able to get into a wayfarer's stone? I can't use the signs to enter the crypts because the endurance cost is too great. I'm almost maxed out on Igni, Aard and Intelligence. I also consume Tawny Oil, Maribol Forest and endurance food. I just don't have enough to do them in succession without pause. What else can I do?

I managed to enter the three crypt yes. Just wait until your Endurance recharges.
Of course, given the time it takes to wait for three bars to charge up, don't go trial and error - just read on the wiki the proper sequence.

Oh, and in the Dwarven crypt with the gnomish-thingie for Raven's Armor you're in for a nasty surprise...

Noir said:
Yes I did of course. The standard spell fires immediately, no charge bar at all. I remember in Vanilla I could charge Aard, but now I can't charge anything at all.
That's strange. I seem to be able to do it. When I hold down the button, a red scale appears like during fistfighting. And then the sign output is much greater. Perhaps on Hard package, this is disabled?

Noir said:
I managed to enter the three crypt yes. Just wait until your Endurance recharges.
Of course, given the time it takes to wait for three bars to charge up, don't go trial and error - just read on the wiki the proper sequence.
I know the sequences, but I just can't get anything going. Nothing happens when I do igni-igni-aard on the stone in the Old Mine. I've tried shooting up close, from a distance and behind it. The only other thing I can think of is that I'm waiting too long between the signs. Maybe I have to do the other stones first?

Edit: Finally, I got in. I had to be a certain distance from it. Not too close or too far. Crazy.

wretchx said:
That's strange. I seem to be able to do it. When I hold down the button, a red scale appears like during fistfighting. And then the sign output is much greater. Perhaps on Hard package, this is disabled?

I hope it's just a bug and there's a way to solve it. I love the idea of setting up a huge Dragon's Dream pile and lit it from a distance.
Oh well, either way I just completed the game (Hard package, medium difficulty) also without it. Still it would have made the Zeugl fight a lot more manageable.

wretchx said:
Edit: Finally, I got in. I had to be a certain distance from it. Not too close or too far. Crazy.

Good to hear that. Never had that problem myself.

Noir said:
More questions:

- I retried the GM fight and indeed, Efreets are there (or better, the Omens of Fire), but are invisible - I will see their name highlighted if I hold ALT, but I don't see their model. Do they do anything at all? Can they be killed? Is this a bug?
Forgot to reply to this: have you tried the De Vries' Extract potion? I've yet to encounter invisible enemies myself.

I can't get into the wayfarer's stone again. This is absolutely infuriating. What am I doing wrong?

I noticed in some videos on YouTube that players have two pegs on the endurance meter. I recall that I used to have this, but no longer. Is this something from the skill tree? Maybe my character is bugged or something.

Update: I figured out how to resolve this. That is to TURN ON SUBTITLES. You won't hear Geralt talking to himself, even with audio enabled and the volume turned up. You will not realize that the stone counts signs sequentially, so that you could always be shooting them out of order. When Geralt says to himself that he should try a different combination, that is when the order resets.

Ridiculous. This should be fixed, preferably with some mod if not this one.

I need some help with the fight against the zeugl in the epilogue. I play on Hard (the easiest setting of the hard package) and I just can't manage to kill the bastard.
I'm potioned up with Golden Oriole, Tawny Owl, Blizzard, Swallow and Tunderbolt (or Wolf). I use a rune on my silver sword for 30% Damage and 5% critical hit bonus.

Perhaps I've got a bad character build, since I only upgraded two signs (Quen and Heliotrop, both level 3) and I don't use bombs, since so far I haven't seen the need to use them...

Most of the time the fight goes like this: I use Quen to increase my defensive stats, kill as fast as possible some tentacles. The head comes up, I can land some hits. However, very often I don't reach the head in time before it disappears again, since I have wait for my Endurance and Vitality to regenerate so that I stand a chance of surviving one or two bites. After some time Blizzard and Swallow lose their effects, and when I'm not killed by the tentacles I am killed by two bites of the head. Very frustrating.

EDIT: And Triss is not very helpful either. I don't know if she does any significant damage at all...

Does anyone have some suggestions?

EDIT2: Nevermind. After the gazillionth attempt, I've made it :D

Just finished the game. I had a blast playing the game with FCR on my first playthrough. One of the top 10 games I've played!

But even with the mod and Easy package, I felt the game was a little rough in some aspects. The time between boss fights were too easy, or perhaps bosses were too hard. Sometimes, you wouldn't know when to apply a blade coating until you were actually fighting. I thought the game concluded pretty abruptly as well (Scoia'tel path). Never got to see the folks of Kaer Morhen again.

Possible bug: if I fought the Grand Master with Hanged Man's Venom coating, the game would crash. Fighting without it avoided the crash and made the finale a bit harder.

Hello Folks!

I reinstalled The Witcher, with the intention of trying out the highly lauded Full Combat Rebalanced mod ver. 1.6a. http://www.moddb.com/mods/full-combat-rebalance1

After a clean install of the Witcher and then the mod, I've encountered a situation that makes it impossible for me to advance. Keep in mind this bug appears as soon as combat is introduced to the player: I can't hit the armored human units at all. They either dodge every swing, and/or parry it.

I read the Read Me that came with the mod, and I've attempted the advised tactical changes, all to no effect. The fast but accurate style doesn't work, and neither does the slower but more powerful sword style. In short, I've spent several hours trying EVERYTHING possible, all to no solution - I just can't ever land even the lightest hit on these armored units.

Over a period of two weeks, I wrote three PMs to the mod's developer, and still haven't yet heard back from him.

Any detailed advice would be warmly welcomed!

I encountered some game-breaking issues with FCR 1.6a.

First one: why disable stun in 1.6a? Doesn't that render “Stun and Knockdown Resistance” talent useless?

Second: I am in chapter one, the crypt: The only weapon I have that can damage a ghoul is an axe. Axe also stuns the ghoul. Effect is that I have all ghouls “stunned”, doing nothing except following me wherever I go in the crypt - not attacking. (I can’t kill them, they regenerate too fast…) Is their behavior normal or is this due to the mod?

davorj said:
I encountered some game-breaking issues with FCR 1.6a.

First one: why disable stun in 1.6a? Doesn't that render “Stun and Knockdown Resistance” talent useless?

Second: I am in chapter one, the crypt: The only weapon I have that can damage a ghoul is an axe. Axe also stuns the ghoul. Effect is that I have all ghouls “stunned”, doing nothing except following me wherever I go in the crypt - not attacking. (I can’t kill them, they regenerate too fast…) Is their behavior normal or is this due to the mod?

If you`re in Act one and with FCR then coat your steel sword with Nechrophage oil. Otherwise you will do no damage or very little damage and use strong style with Ghouls . It may also be of benefit to use both places of power that are available . One just outside the crypt and the other inside the crypt.

Tommy said:
If you`re in Act one and with FCR then coat your steel sword with Nechrophage oil. Otherwise you will do no damage or very little damage and use strong style with Ghouls . It may also be of benefit to use both places of power that are available . One just outside the crypt and the other inside the crypt.

Thanks Tommy for the reply, but it's not really an answer to my question...

I know I need other weapons to kill the ghouls efficiently, but I am more concerned with the "stability" of FCR. Axe seems to always stun the opponent, while I read somewhere that it would do so only if the opponents health dropped below 33%. What's worse, axe does some strange things with ghouls: it stuns them, and then they won’t attack you anymore. Savegame: here. Take the axe, kick the first ghoul and run away. Ghoul will not retaliate and will follow you. If you do so with all ghouls, they will just stand there, watching you...

Apart from that there are defensive talents related to Stun, Falter, Pain and Blind which are disabled in 1.6a. So does 1.6a make all those talents useless?

ok i`ve got your save and will see what happens with both the axe and steel sword at the 1st opportunity. Which should br later this evening.

Ok I loaded your save and checked the inventory. No necrophage oil so I added Necrophage oil as well as gained knowledge about Ghouls from a book. After reading the book and using Necrophage oil on the steel sword yes you can kill the ghouls, you cannot apply any oils to an axes, daggers or any other weapon that are not used in witcher combat styles. The one thing you need to understand about FCR and killing monsters is that you NEED to have knowledge about the specific monster you`re looking for and you NEED to have the appropriate oils. If not then you will as Azar says "You just pissed in a tornado"

Tommy said:
Ok I loaded your save and checked the inventory. No necrophage oil so I added Necrophage oil as well as gained knowledge about Ghouls from a book. After reading the book and using Necrophage oil on the steel sword yes you can kill the ghouls.

1) Who asked you to do that??? Please Tommy first READ the question before replying to it. I am not talking about killing ghouls. At this point in the game I am talking about stunning them forever! Why? Because I think I have encountered a bug in FCR. What is the bug? As asked previously: "Take the axe, kick the first ghoul and run away. Ghoul will not retaliate and will follow you. If you kick every ghoul one time with the axe, you will stun them all, and they will just stand there, watching you... " Is this behavior normal? --> Reply yes/no please!

2) With a similar inventory and level I encountered two Archespores. The FCR manual says they are a serious threat. They are... but not if I use the axe. Axe stuns the Archespore on each hit, allowing me to kill it very easily. Is this normal? Reply yes/no please.

To me, being no expert in FCR, these issues seem bugs. It allows me to exploit the stunning-mechanism of the axe. So are they?

Thank you and have a nice New Year’s Eve!

FCR rebalances EVERYTHING about combat, skill tree included . So you will need to read over each attribute carefully before assigning talents. Evidently we play the game differently. I don`t go to crypts unless I know about monsters beforehand by reading books or asking some of the locals about them. Might be best to give Flash some time to respond.

Top Bottom