[TW1] [mod] Full Combat Rebalance (FCR) version 1.6

+
[TW1] [mod] Full Combat Rebalance (FCR) version 1.6

I was going to post this in the FCR topic, but it doesn't seem to receive much traffic of late, so I'm posting here in General =D. So...is it normal when playing FCR to take damage for no reason? As in, an enemy doesn't make an sort of movement or animation, yet Geralt takes damage as if the guy hit him. I haven't progressed past the tutorial yet because this keeps occurring.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just re-read the FAQ, and apparently it's an issue pertaining to the game itself (I missed that last time I read through it)...I suppose I'll just have to deal with it and max out Dexterity, lol.

I was about to post when i saw the rest of your reply . I remember when i first installed FCR it took almost 2 hrs to get through the prolog . Salamanders would get close and no sword swings or anything and boom half health gone and i`m sitting here going WTH . Of course that was 1.2 . With 1.3 it seemed the prolog and act 1 were a lot easier .

Rovlad

Forum regular
Falcron said:
an enemy doesn't make an sort of movement or animation, yet Geralt takes damage as if the guy hit him.
It's in the FAQ, actually (fcr_faq_eng.txt):
Q: The enemies do damage before they even perform the animation. The opponent stays still and we loose HP, it's horribly irritating.
A: It's how the game works and the problem isn't connected with the mod. I can't do anything about it.

It happens in vanilla game as well, but it's much more noticeable with the mod for obvious reasons.

The Full Combat Rebalance mod is, so far, the biggest modification created for The Witcher. The combat mechanics have been remade almost from the scratch. The aim was to maximize the realism of the gameplay, this way making it more similar to the world created by Andrzej Sapkowski and maintaining the gameplay to the highest possible standard at the same time. The fights have became more brutal, they need more tactics and strategy, but on the other hand the combat system rules have become more logical.

FCR offers:

• new design of the PC’s and NPC’s parameters,
  • full armor system and armor type/weapon/combat style dependencies,
  • damage fully dependent on weapons as in most cRPG games,
  • full skill tree overhaul, including sword style rules,
  • much faster and lore-close combat,
  • limited but more powerful monsters option,
  • dozens of non-combat related improvements,
  • fully customizable installation with the ability to install each feature seperately.

Supported languages: English, Polish, Russian

Media:
Launch Trailer
FCR v1.6 Manual
FCR v1.6a Changelog

Download link:
ifrit.pl

English and Polish only. I'll release a tutorial explaining how to localize the mod.

The trailer is quiet old... (2009). Are we going to get new armors? :D I always wonder why we were not able to get the regular witcher's armor (the one Eskel and Lambert wears..)

Darkmode said:
IN-SANE! What a kickass developer CD Project RED is.
FCR is not made by CDPR. It's a modification to the game by the community/fans.

Anyways, great news. Next time I replay the game I will surely install this mod.

Flash said:
Made by CDPR employee working in his free time :)

Again CDPR outperformed them selfs! , its awesome, thank you very much for that!...

Just a quick question!, wen actually this mod will be released?!... :confused:

Great!

I have just one question. I have a save game in Act 1 with the previous version of the FCR mod. Would this new version be compatible with that save? I really do not want to have to start from the beginning...

I just glanced at the manual. Damn, Flash has gone all out with this. Lot's of big changes. I may have to do another TW1 run.

Top Bottom