[TW1][mod] Full Combat Rebalance v1.3 RC

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.1. These are critical hits, but you shoudln't see it unless you have strength and dexterity on level 5, which is rather hard to achieve in act 2.2. Bonuses from the same source doesn't stack. Drinking a lot of water or eating plenty of food won't multiply regen.3. It's the feel I aimed for. Now you have to be really cautious and avoid being hit, not only with Geralt parameters, but also with good use of mouse and keyboard. It's the same like in books - you kill in a blink of an eye but if you let your opponent live for too long it's a risk for your life. You can buy 1-3 levels of stamina anytime you feel it's hard.You can't kill a fleder in act 2, his vampiric regeneration nulifies the damage. You need to wait to act 3 and get vampire oil from the same place you got brown oil in vanilla game. Avoid vampires in act 2 :)
LicaonKter said:
since the new Medium FCR is the old Hard mode, how do i disable the flaming sword icon for medium difficulty ?
I'll give an option in installer to disable flaming sword icons in next version of the mod and that would be ... tommorow :)

Flash said:
Hi.1. These are critical hits, but you shoudln't see it unless you have strength and dexterity on level 5, which is rather hard to achieve in act 2.2. Bonuses from the same source doesn't stack. Drinking a lot of water or eating plenty of food won't multiply regen.3. It's the feel I aimed for. Now you have to be really cautious and avoid being hit, not only with Geralt parameters, but also with good use of mouse and keyboard. It's the same like in books - you kill in a blink of an eye but if you let your opponent live for too long it's a risk for your life. You can buy 1-3 levels of stamina anytime you feel it's hard.You can't kill a fleder in act 2, his vampiric regeneration nulifies the damage. You need to wait to act 3 and get vampire oil from the same place you got brown oil in vanilla game. Avoid vampires in act 2 :)
Thanks for the fast response!1. Well, after all it IS possible then, since I don't have both and saw those lines ;) How I did this will be my secret :p2. Well it seems like it does. The food is splitted to classes, which you can see by the price. Eating something which costs 10,15,20 will give you a reggen bonus x 3. It's actually not only shown as 3, you can see it at the Health bar, as the reggen is faster after eating 2 or 3.3. Yeah i know this, just seems so diffrent to Flash/vanilla that a drowner still can hit/kill you when not watching your steps. Even on Insane with FlashMod you dogded/parried all attacks from them after some Skillpoints.As saing you can't kill a fleder in act 2, that is really dull, as you HAVE to kill at least one in order to do the best way in one Quest. (Crypt) [I already killed three, so its not impossible, i only mentioned them for beeing unrealistict. Even in the books silver damages all monsters enough to kill them and for me it looks really unrealistic when a Fleder which is nothing more than a red clump still wants to eat me ::)]

How do I kill fleders? They have such ridiculous health regen that I just can't hurt them fast enough (and according to excel sheet garkains are even worse), is vampire oil the only way to do it? Tried black blood but he won't stun me so I just die instead. And speaking of vampire oil, I've got a book from the scientist guy in trading quarter after debating Kalksteins "Metamorphoses" and it has a formula of brown oil, but it says that it gives bonus against vampires, not the old good bleeding one - kinda confused what does it actually do.What happened with argentia oil, has it been removed?Also, what are the differences between different Raven armors? Excel sheet only shows damage absorb which is the same for all 3 of them, are the any other stats on them?P.S. I've also noticed that eating different kind of food adds additional regen.

Apparently there are things which beta-testers don't report :wall:.I'll fix food and water stacking and maybe give vampire oil formula in act 2.Vampires are toughest opponents in the game. There should be some challange in the game and I'm afraid there's no better way to do it. I could lower their stats, regen, armor but then in act 4 and 5 you would kill them like cattle. You were not supposed to fight fleders in act 2.
xalien said:
And speaking of vampire oil, I've got a book from the scientist guy in trading quarter after debating Kalksteins "Metamorphoses" and it has a formula of brown oil, but it says that it gives bonus against vampires, not the old good bleeding one - kinda confused what does it actually do.
It's vampire oil. Probably there's still unchanged oil name in the formula.You can get argentia oil as usual from The Book of the Kiss.Ravens armor don't differ now. I thought player shouldn't get better or worse reward in form of Raven Armor depending on the path they choose in the game. Neutral, Order or Elves, all give equal armor.

Oh Lordy! I think I'll forgo updating the mod, if you aim to eradicate all mildly beneficial effects. :eek:On the other hand I'd really like to be able to kill any monster I encounter, specifically a fleder in Act II.About barghests: I have steel sword strong style level 2 and specter oil and it often takes me three attempts to even hit it with strong style - then it is toast, but it might as well have killed me in the meantime. And I'm at the end of Act I, at the beginning it might be too hard without the knockdown. And after all, they appear only in the first act, where a simple ghoul kills you easily even though he's supposed to not even be able to touch you if you do your combos right. So it might be nice be be able to make quick work of the most frequent monster in the outskirts. :)Um... is there any advice on how to beat the beast without aard? I thought that was the standard procedure, but with the low endurance an hp... ???

So for those who wonder how to kill a fleder, I noticed also in the FlashMod Thread that only a few people know that there are Talismans :)Kalkstein sells Garlic in Act 2 ie, which really helps killing even Fleders with 1 Point in Str and strong silver. As I asked before, those lines which appear in the attack chains, the critical hits, really do wonders. When feared, you are able to hit them in the back, allowing an instant kill after some hits, not easy as they turn towards you after some time, but possible. Still I wonder why these are polish and i still don't know what they mean tho, clearfication would be nice ;)About the food: I really like the changes, but I think 2 hours and only 2 of each would be better and still not overpowered (on hard at least).
DelightfulMcCoy said:
Oh Lordy! I think I'll forgo updating the mod, if you aim to eradicate all mildly beneficial effects. :eek:On the other hand I'd really like to be able to kill any monster I encounter, specifically a fleder in Act II.About barghests: I have steel sword strong style level 2 and specter oil and it often takes me three attempts to even hit it with strong style - then it is toast, but it might as well have killed me in the meantime. And I'm at the end of Act I, at the beginning it might be too hard without the knockdown. And after all, they appear only in the first act, where a simple ghoul kills you easily even though he's supposed to not even be able to touch you if you do your combos right. So it might be nice be be able to make quick work of the most frequent monster in the outskirts. :)Um... is there any advice on how to beat the beast without aard? I thought that was the standard procedure, but with the low endurance an hp... ???
The real Problem with doing your combos right is that Monsters won't move when effected by pain/bleeding etc. As long as they move backward, they won't hit you as long as you keep your combo up. So when you see an effect, just stop your Combo, move away and wait for the Monster to come towards you. That really helped me fighting Ghouls and especially against Ozzrel.As I managed to get the time wrong, I didn't have Circle of Power when leaving the Cage with Abigail, but still I could stun the beast with an lvl 1 Aard after 10 reloads.

OK. This has gone too far. Obviously I can't satisfy everybody's taste so I'll stick to the original idea. Barghest fall, fleder is the most badass looking monster in the game and a fiendish vampire so it's natural that an upstart witcher (amnesiac) without proper equipment (vampire oil) can't beat it. Realism is one thing, computer game is the other. I could make it realistic but then you'd slay every monster with a good, precise swing. Nope, not fun.Like Flauschi just proved, with garlic talismans, you are not supposed to fight with fleders in act 2. You can of course, it's possible but it's not intended, not necessary.Food effect duration will stay as it is, but no multiplication of regen from different food was intended so it'll be removed.
DelightfulMcCoy said:
where a simple ghoul kills you easily even though he's supposed to not even be able to touch you if you do your combos right.
Ghouls are supposed to be tougher than human soldiers and they are. You need to fight 1v1 with good use of signs and their free powerups like focus stones etc.

Flash said:
You need to fight 1v1 with good use of signs and their free powerups like focus stones etc.
Eh... you basically took away the signs. Even with tawny owl I get one sign per fight and if that one doesn't work (no stun from aard), tough luck. But I didn't complain about ghouls anyway, I only wanted to make my point about barghests.

Yea, but good use of sign means guaranteed kill. Aard is very useful with FCR even without critical effects. When your opponent is kissing the floor you can attack him once or twice for free. With humans 1-2 attacks are enough to kill. Monsters usually need 2-4 attacks with optimal equipment and character development.btw
Flauschi said:
Still I wonder why these are polish and i still don't know what they mean tho, clearfication would be nice ;)
It's because this text doesn't come from language files but from the script. Scripts are universal, independent from language selection. I'll fix it in next version by adding an option in installer which language script you choose.

Flash said:
OK. This has gone too far. Obviously I can't satisfy everybody's taste so I'll stick to the original idea. Barghest fall, fleder is the most badass looking monster in the game and a fiendish vampire so it's natural that an upstart witcher (amnesiac) without proper equipment (vampire oil) can't beat it. Realism is one thing, computer game is the other. I could make it realistic but then you'd slay every monster with a good, precise swing. Nope, not fun.Like Flauschi just proved, with garlic talismans, you are not supposed to fight with fleders in act 2. You can of course, it's possible but it's not intended, not necessary.Food effect duration will stay as it is, but no multiplication of regen from different food was intended so it'll be removed.
I didn't want to excoriate you, i appologize if you took this personal :(I think you figured out a way to make it more realistic but still playable. I only want to help. Ie to get to Raimunds corps you need to kill that Fleder, the Talisman alone won't help as the Fleder won't leave the room so you can loot the corps.
Flash said:
btw
Flash said:
Still I wonder why these are polish and i still don't know what they mean tho, clearfication would be nice ;)
It's because this text doesn't come from language files but from the script. Scripts are universal, independent from language selection. I'll fix it in next version by adding an option in installer which language script you choose.
So what's the text saying i still wonder ;D Something new I wonder about are the bloedzuigers. I saw 3 wyverns fighting some drowners and bloedzuigers and after one bloedzuiger died, everyone else died too in the explosion. As Harvall isn't as good as in Vanilla it might not matter, but after that it was really easy getting it because of all the wyverns were gone. (So I really miss those exp because I hate grinding and tho every bit is needed) Nothing that really matters, but making the wyverns immun to acid would help i guess :)

Flauschi said:
I didn't want to excoriate you, i appologize if you took this personal :(I think you figured out a way to make it more realistic but still playable. I only want to help. Ie to get to Raimunds corps you need to kill that Fleder, the Talisman alone won't help as the Fleder won't leave the room so you can loot the corps. So what's the text saying i still wonder ;D Something new I wonder about are the bloedzuigers. I saw 3 wyverns fighting some drowners and bloedzuigers and after one bloedzuiger died, everyone else died too in the explosion. As Harvall isn't as good as in Vanilla it might not matter, but after that it was really easy getting it because of all the wyverns were gone. (So I really miss those exp because I hate grinding and tho every bit is needed) Nothing that really matters, but making the wyverns immun to acid would help i guess :)
That's no problem. I'm open for all suggestions but not everything can be brought to life.I had 3 testers. Nobody reported a problem with fleder in act 2. I'll consider giving a recipe for vampire oil in act 2 if it's necessary.The Polish text is critical hit.Hmm, and I thought that watching how the life in the wilderness goes is interesting, how monsters kill themselves, how bloedzuigers became a walking bombs :). About the wiverns... next day they are back. ;)

Hi,I have a very basic couple of questions. I've been away from Witcher (cold turkey, even) and came back when I saw patch 1.5 was available. I haven't played either of the mods, FCR or Flash mod. My questions are: If I download and install either of these mods, what happens to the original game. Is it changed forever? To get back to it (for whatever reason), do I need to uninstall what I have and then reinstall, including the patches?I really like the mods you have made, from what I have read about them. One of the reasons I stopped playing for a while was the lack of a challenge.Thanks so much for all the time and effort.FAM

You only need to download FCR, there's a choice between FCR and Flash Mod in the installer.If for some reason you want to uninstall or try the other, you just run the uninstall routine from your control panel.Don't try and install one when the other one isn't uninstalled.Flash mod you can add or remove at any point in game, most changes except the werewolf fur quest change will work in an existing savegame.FCR you need to install and then start a new game, or most of the changes won't work.But you can uninstall both of them at any time and there should be no harm done to your game (at least with Flash mod, with FCR it might be a bit strange to use a savegame from that with vanilla). Your general game installation including patches isn't in any danger at any time. :)***Edit: I read in the journal that strong style is effective against wraiths (with specter oil, of course). But with strong style it isn't possible to hit them. How can I fight them at all? Blizzard doesn't help anymore. Two of the things kill me in seconds (Act 2, The Rat).

Okay, I left the wraiths, as I cannot even kill one. Not even with the help of half a dozen knights of the order and city watch. So I thought I'd go to the swamp and maybe learn something new. Next problem: is there ANY way to survive a bloodzuiger kill without bindweed or heliotrop sign? Running away doesn't help. But I need at least one bloodzuiger blood to make bindweed... and will I be able at some point to kill a monster stronger than a ghoul? I can never use any talents because there are next to no silver ones and the bronze are useless because I have nowhere to place them. How do I develop my character? Grinding? With drowners? No fun. Act 1 was fine, but in Act 2 I can accomplish nothing. :(How does everybody else do this?Edit: found a workaround for bloodzuigers: igni from distance. Takes some time, though. I'd like to upgrade that distance igni, but I lack the silver talent, so I can place the bronze.

You wan't to tell me that you never managed to run from bloedzuiger's explosion? :whatthe: I'm sorry but it's the most basic obstacle to overcome in the game. One of the reasons one can't hit enemies is lower then zero damage. Return to wraiths when you'll be on higher level. Silver talents are given every second level with additional one every 8 level. You'll have 12 silver talents on level 16 + 1 from the beast mutagen. 3 talents in dexterity, 2 in inteligence, 4 talents to up both strong styles to 3rd level, 3 talents in strength and 1 in stamina.A quick calculation... 10 dmg from silver sword, 10 from silver susceptibility, 20 from specter oil, 3 from strength, 1 from anatomy, 6 from strong style minus 40 from wraith armor. That's 10 damage per hit, 60 damage after 2 attacks, 100 after 3 attacks, 140 after 4 attacks. Wraith from act 2 has 105 hp and 3hp/sec regeneration. Doesn't sound impossible at all. All you need is level 16, optimal character development and specter oil of course.I'm not home for the weekend so the mod version update will have to wait a bit.

Flash said:
You wan't to tell me that you never managed to run from bloedzuiger's explosion? :whatthe: I'm sorry but it's the most basic obstacle to overcome in the game.
I'm not that stupid. Of course I ran away, with full hp and every means of regeneration, but the spray got me anyway. Before, I lost one third to a half of my hp without bindweed (despite running), but with only 50 hp it's no wonder I go down, when it's so highly acidic that it kills a wyvern...This is more about math than everything else, then. I suck at math, I just want to play and have things evolve naturally. I wonder how I am to get to a high enough level to kill anything when I can't kill anything to get xp and solve quests. And is there only one right way to distribute talents and no margin for personal style? Because from what you calculated, I already went in the wrong direction. Too bad it's not possible to change the difficulty in the middle of the game. I'm not starting again (that was why I wanted to know exactly how hard it's gonna be before I started). Sorry to say that I'd fare a lot better with Flash mod on insane, because I was very curious about FCR. I do think there are great changes, but so far it's not organic. It's not hard, it's frustrating.How does everybody else master this? That's not a rhetorical question, tell me about your tactics and how it feels for you.

Hard difficulty level is what it's supposed to be - a great challange, a place for experienced players.The mod works well, no math needed. I've calculated everything here, I did the same in Flash mod. Players don't need to bother with it, I've just used it for an explanation and proof that these are not random numbers. But, OK. I'll prepare another option to choose in installer - a 'lite' version of the mod. Weaker monsters, a panic button for those who realised that it's hard on hard. Just hang on till then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom