[TW1][mod] Full Combat Rebalance v1.3 RC

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
lwalden said:
In regards to installing/uninstalling FCR mod:Uninstalling FCR via the uninstaller provided leaves the vanilla game completely intact? Or should I reinstall vanilla witcher after uninstallation of FCR. I ask, because I am unaware of how the mod installs, if it modified files, etc, that could affect a new vanilla game if I wanted to start one?
FCR mod installs a bunch of stuff in your override folder (which is empty if you have no other mods installed), and when you uninstall FCR it removes whatever it installed in the override folder, leaving your original game intact. If you put other mods into the override folder and it overlaps with FCR, installing FCR will overwrite the said mods (such as talentstable.2da) and will also remove talentstable.2da when uninstalling FCR.it leaves your vanilla game intact

ChiapetX said:
FCR mod installs a bunch of stuff in your override folder (which is empty if you have no other mods installed), and when you uninstall FCR it removes whatever it installed in the override folder, leaving your original game intact. If you put other mods into the override folder and it overlaps with FCR, installing FCR will overwrite the said mods (such as talentstable.2da) and will also remove talentstable.2da when uninstalling FCR.it leaves your vanilla game intact
Excellent explanation! Thanks much!

i really new to this i buyed the game yesterday should i try this mod ?? or i complete the game in normal mode first? its look that this mod is hard for beginners

I'd recommend to play a vanilla game first to get a feel for the game (medium difficulty is fine) - if you like it, you'll end up playing it several times anyway to cover all the possible choices. :)

ye i will play on normal first it is easy at hard i not really new to crpg but this game is alot better than any that i played before so i will complete the game on vanilla (Normal) then go to normal at FCR

hey, playing on hard mode, well into chapter 2 now, finally got past the prologue, added stamina first. nice mod.i have a question about Quen, specifically Survival Zone, is the tooltip correct? It reads +3 vitality regeneration per SECOND, so with 3 in stamina that translates to insane amount of HP gained in a few seconds right? It just doesn't seem to be working like that at all, even without stam bonus 3 vit per second is a lot considering my max hp is only 57, clarification would be appreciated thanks ^^

wow the game as to easy on vanilla i instaled FCR and playing on normal and i i did not need anything special i just have to use alot of oilsand i get inteligence to 3 why i can make bombs i got a formula i buyed from a merchant on Act I on act II i maxed out group silver to 3 why i as figthing to many monster same time there is no trick if you can combo then they wont kill you easy i using fast style for like everything i defeated i did itfast style and some king and quen bomb

Playing FCR on hardest mode I encountered something I never saw before. The waitress (I think her name is Vesna) in chapter one was dead before I even got to her. I figured "No big deal!" and let it ride. Some days later I noticed that not only was she no longer waiting tables--and selling hard liquor--but the other waitress was also gone. Now the only places I can buy alcohol are from the witch and the guy in the fishing village. I'm wondering if this is intentional (to make it harder to make a bunch of potions) or just a freak of chance. Also I've noticed a mistake in the description of the swallow potion. It claims the potion restores vitality at the rate of 9 HP per minute. This is untrue. My level 9 witcher with less than 50 HP takes up to half an hour (game time) to heal up from a near death experience. Having played the Flash mod 3.03 with no editing, and now playing FCR in its hardest mode, also with no editing, I can definitely say that FCR is MUCH harder than the original Insane difficulty mod.

first points into VIT instead of anything else is best. VIT then INT for alchemy, you can survive without the dex for now and STR can be gotten much much later. deal with spectres in ch. 2 with super yrden. you do need dex mitigation when you save up all the hard stuff for the end of chapter 2 though.when you get vesna, rest to day time so she dont get jumped by the ghouls and barghests.zerikanian sun bomb is amazing for human group fights, assuming you dont want to use fear bomb.

This Mod is Impossible without mastery of Bombs Oils and potions . . . Sings are not that useful . . . only dexterity and fighting styles.

How do you kill the very first barghests on hard? They can barely be hit with fast style and I really don't have the time to hack five times for one hit on one barghest, when there are three others biting me to death in the meantime.The can't be hit with group style at all.They can't be knocked down anymore because that got "fixed". I need to kill them first in order to get my hands on specter oil.This time I put ALL available silver talents in dexterity first, as I was told to do but that doesn't help when I can't kill anything.Maybe someone can point out for me which file determines the knockdown susceptibility, then I can exchange that for the corresponding file from the first FCR version. At least for this first barghest battle. Please?

run away as soon as the fight starts(barghests wil be busy with locals)fight them one at the timeuse STRONG stylethey can be stuned or knocked down with aard

Eventually I got it, but I still liked the knockdown, but I don't want to completely downgrade the FCR for that one feature, because the other changes are good.I guess the file I want is in the utc folder. I found five files that seem to belong to barghest, but I have no clue which one I should replace or all of them? I guess I'll have to trial and error then...***A little fun fact from my previous playthrough on medium difficulty: I had exactely ONE instant kill... the Zeugl, lol. Well, the koschey was ludicrously easy to slay als well. What with it being supposed to be the ultimate killing machine. I killed it several times, one time I did it with 4 ignis; cast, stroll around for a bit and wait for endurance to fill up, repeat as needed. Easy as pie. Lets see how that'll be on hard. If I'll ever get there... :whistle:

I've cast 1 yrden and watched that "ultimate killing machine" die :)Instant kill seems to be trigered more often when monsters are afected by fear

darikas said:
I've cast 1 yrden and watched that "ultimate killing machine" die :)
I'll have to try that one next time.
Instant kill seems to be trigered more often when monsters are afected by fear
That is good to know! Especially since I've never used any bombs before FCR. I still don't need them per se, but it's good to have the option and I once again do something differently than before. So now I know what to do with the fear bomb. But as for talismans, especially fleders are hard to hit when they pe* their pants. I'll explore this with other monsters. :)

Not wanting to make a pest of myself, but what's the deal with the swallow potion? It does not heal nearly as fast as the potion description reads. The initial dog fight in chapter 1 is virtually the same as always for me. Take swallow and tawny owl while running for your life. Wait for the mutts to clump together, then Aard them, kill as many stunned dogs as you can, then start running again. Repeat till they're all dead. If they surround you, you're dead. I don't know why group style is even entered as a sword fighting technique. It's useless.

Now that I finally got specter oil, barghests are no real problem anymore. But I still liked the knockdown, because even with the oil, a lot of times Geralt attacks a barghest, he doesn't land a hit until the third try. Makes Geralt feel incompetent. Geralt hates that. Because he's not, amnesia or no. :pThe swapping of the utc files did nothing and I'm fresh out of ideas.Do I really need to downgrade and miss out on the really important improvements? :mad:Or does anyboy have a clue which file I need to exchange to get access to the former feature and will tell me?

i have one question, how can i efficiently use Dragons Dream ? i use Igni to blow it off but i have to use fire ball each time and the enemy wont allow me to charge up, and if im too close ill die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom