[TW1][mod] Full Combat Rebalance v1.3 RC

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
[TW1][mod] Full Combat Rebalance v1.3 RC

Mod available on:
moddb.com

German translation of FCR mod made by Regenshein. Please follow this link in the native zone.

Trailer is available at:

youtube.com
vimeo.com

User-made movies presenting FCR gameplay:
CalBeast's movies

Answers to Freaquently Asked Questions in second post of this topic.

WARNING:
Both FCR and Flash mod require patch 1.4 or higher.
In order to enjoy all what FCR mod has to offer, one should play the game from the beggining.

SCABBARD MOD VER 1.01 IS INCOMPATIBLE WITH FINAL VERSION OF FCR.
To play with both mods, install latest version of Scabbard Mod.

FCR modification makes the game harder. If you find original game hard enough, you should play with FCR on NORMAL (lowest) difficulty or even resign from this mod.

FCR offers:

[size=12pt]FCR F.A.Q. - Frequently Asked Questions: [/size]
F.A.Q. translation by Piotr 'Szczepek' Szczepankiewicz, Iwona 'Raine' Pułanecka, Karolina 'Nemi' Luba
[size=11pt]General questions:[/size]

Question: What are the main differences between Flash Mod and FCR? I don't know which one I should choose.

Answer: Flash Mod significantly increaces the difficulty, but leaves the original game mechanics, whereas FCR is an overhaul of the talent and fighting system, which, apart from increasing the difficulty, also maximises the realism, while maintaining the gameplay at the highest standard at the same time. FCR is a set of completely new, worked out rules for the Witcher.

Q: Which of the following mods; Flash Mod and FCR is harder on the INSANE difficulty level?

A: FCR on INSANE is harder than Flash Mod. The player, who will read what the new skill tree offers, who will plan the development of his character, who will keep up with the bestiary, the noted strong and weak points of monsters, will be more satisfied with FCR than with Flash Mod.
The problem is that most of the players simply install FCR, start playing on INSANE and throw themselves impetuosly into a fight without

Looks nice!Once my rig is upgraded I plan on playing the witcher more, with better detail quality. At least one of those playthroughs will use this. Thanks.However, where can I see how the original mechanics work? For a comparison I mean.

In game of course ;). Try the game with the mod and without it, you'll see a HUGE difference.

Wouldn't it have been possible to keep both Axii and Heliotrop Signs? I don't see how Heliotrop would be very useful in the game on its own considering it leaves Geralt defenseless against physical attacks and only a few bosses actually use magic attacks. And Geralt can't even drink potions because he has to cross his wrists. Or does it use the same animation as Axii in game?

Quen in books also requires both hands...Implementing 1 more sign instead of replacing existing one requires extreme amount of work, not to mention that some changes might be impossible to do due to copywright restricions. Apart from "standard", complicated scripting it would require redoing few menu's, interfaces, placing new sign, focus stones into the plot and modules (locations).In FCR mod you can attack with active Quen or Heliotrop. This feature comes at the cost of signs duration - both Heliotrop and Quen lasts 3-8 seconds. Besides Heliotrop wasn't introduced to the game to make it one of most useful signs. It will be rarely used but the point was to make the game closer to book lore. Axii sign was very, very different from book version but accurate, close to original version would be useless for game standards. That's why Axii is removed and Heliotrop comes in it's place.

Hey!I was wondering if playing the game on medium (or maybe even hard) would force me to remake areas in order to be able to advance. I mean, more than vanilla. Other than that, this looks great and I really look forward to it.Cheers!cc

No. Specificaly to discourage level grinding I lowered max level on which Geralt gains talent points to 40. Like in vanilla grinding will make your current fights easier because of higher level but it's not necessary at all. Of course monsters are balanced for player who finish all quests. You don't have to be overleveled but you also shouldn't be underleveled.Heliotrop galery in first post fixed. It was linking to closed forum. I saw these pictures but didn't know everybody else can't see them :(

Okay, so the Flash mod was designed so you'd be at level 45 in in the Epilogue, right? If the the FCR is capped at level 40, that means you get a lot less of those shiny gold talents? I dunno how to handle that feature. It means more planning, to not get to 40 too soon, because I do like the gratification after a fight with a tough monster when I see a big number of XP floating away. I'd loathe to have to give that up. I guess this isn't one of the optional features?
Like in vanilla grinding will make your current fights easier because of higher level
How is it easier if I don't get to choose new talents? And doesn't that rather encourage grinding, if you know you're not gonna get all the talents you'd like, so you try for a higher level to get more powerful despite that? Little confused.Other than that, I'm excitedly waiting for Wednesday!

The majority of players finish vanilla Witcher between level 38-41. There is no level cap, there is only cap on ammount of talents. You still increase max hp/lvl after level 40. Anyway FCR is not Flash Mod. You won't end the game above level 40 without serious grindind.
DelightfulMcCoy said:
Like in vanilla grinding will make your current fights easier because of higher level
How is it easier if I don't get to choose new talents? And doesn't that rather encourage grinding, if you know you're not gonna get all the talents you'd like, so you try for a higher level to get more powerful despite that? Little confused.
If you are about to fight with the beast in act 1 or go to the cellar with graveirs in act 2, then obviously higher level will make the fight easier but it's not necessary to win.I Don't understand what you mean. You won't hit talent cap until level 40 and you won't hit level 40 until between late act 5 to middle of epilogue. I don't see how this encourage grinding.

Flash said:
I Don't understand what you mean. You won't hit talent cap until level 40 and you won't hit level 40 until between late act 5 to middle of epilogue. I don't see how this encourage grinding.
I meant that if it gets easier with higher levels, even without new talents, one might try to get higher to be prepared for the end (though admittedly the end is a lot easier than the beast or other random encounters).
Anyway FCR is not Flash Mod. You won't end the game above level 40 without serious grindind.
I guess that means you lowered the XP gained from kills? Or quests?

DelightfulMcCoy said:
DelightfulMcCoy said:
I Don't understand what you mean. You won't hit talent cap until level 40 and you won't hit level 40 until between late act 5 to middle of epilogue. I don't see how this encourage grinding.
I meant that if it gets easier with higher levels, even without new talents, one might try to get higher to be prepared for the end (though admittedly the end is a lot easier than the beast or other random encounters).
Yes, but no matter what I do it will always be like this. All cRPGs work this way.I've remade experience rewards from kills but end level should remain the same as in vanilla game. I've just fixed these nonsensical rewards like 300xp for garkain and 1300xp for basilisk etc.

Flash said:
Yes, but no matter what I do it will always be like this. All cRPGs work this way.
Excuse me for asking stupid questions, I haven't played many cRPG's, much less learned of the game mechanics. Before Oblivion and Witcher I was more into adventure games like TR, there's no character development. And I'm no native speaker too, so it took me a couple playthroughs to even understand most of the talent benefits. I still don't get everything, so the changes you're making are confusing for me to understand as well. Sorry.Still, thanks for the huge effort you're making, I just hope I'll figure it out on the way. ;)

Hi just posting here to show support for FCR! I've recently bought The Witcher but have decided to hold off playing (I finished the prologue/some of Act I on insane) just to use your mod when it comes out. As a member of the ES IV:Oblivion modding community I highly respect the time and effort you put into refining The Witcher experience :).Screenshots look great but I decided to not watch the trailer as it seems it may have some spoiler type stuff in there, and I do not wanna risk it ;D.

Glad to hear words of support from a fellow modder :). If you just bought The Witcher you might want to play a bit with vanilla to experience the difference between original and modded game ;).

i think the problem with the new sign that i have right now is, i mean, u basically never run into any magic only people and if its the same as the other shield sign, it just goes away when u act right? it seems to me the signs all are useless, aside from the first two. the shield goes away when u act, the hex one i never put a single talent in, and yrden one is cool, but way to small a circle.i like the OTS camera distance change idea. the camera is the biggest issue i have with this game. trees, walls, etc act like walls too much (if that makes sense). the camera bob is ridiculous.the decreased talents given and cutoff at 40... whats the talent difference? also, why cut it at 40?i read about 1.5 patch including flash i believe and coming out on the same day as this. what will that mean for this? this does include everything from flash right, plus a lot more?

hey, what are the chances of possibly removing one of the shield signs and adding a healing spell? i mean, the NPCs have it, and we have useless signs, so why not switch the spell thats already in game to one we can use? a healing spell will definitely force a person to rethink where the talent points will go

There's no chance. I won't give Geralt healing spell, like I wouldn't give Tolkien's Aragorn fireball spell. These signs are taken from books and made as close as possible to the lore without making them useless in game. Healers heal, witchers kill and despite what the game says, witchers are not even close to being sorcerers, not even a fighter-mage hybrid. Their signs are primitive, simple magic, cantrips. It's the game which made signs powerful. Too powerful. Heliotrop might not be used too often but definitely makes more sense than Axii sign. In books Geralt used Axii to calm down his horse, in game he can charm bruxa to fight by his side :whatthe:. And even though one could charm most powerful monsters in the game, it was the least used sign.Heliotrop is not the same as the other shield. With FCR nothing is the same like in vanilla game. You can attack with Quen or Heliotrop on.
majinvegeta21 said:
the decreased talents given and cutoff at 40... whats the talent difference? also, why cut it at 40?i read about 1.5 patch including flash i believe and coming out on the same day as this. what will that mean for this? this does include everything from flash right, plus a lot more?
Read few posts above. There is a discussion about leveling changes.Flash mod is included in box version of The Witcher available from 8 July. It's on bonus dvd and it will be available to download from The Witcher's official site.
what will that mean for this? this does include everything from flash right, plus a lot more?
What does "this" stands for? FCR?
FCR offers: (...) * all improvements known from Flash Mod.

Do you plan on making further additions to the mod(CPD mentioned something of the sort in their announcement for the 1.5 patch) or will this be all? Because I think the game needs a couple other modifications to improve playability. One being a larger Yrden circle(already made a thread requesting that) and another being a longer Vitality regeneration rate under Quen(in general this game doesn't offer many Vitality regeneration upgrades compared to Endurance regeneration). I don't mean to be presumptuous, knowing nothing about modding and the effort required, I was just asking. Thank you for all the improvements you've made till now.

Everything is changed in FCR, including regeneration from all sources. Yrden circle is a matter of taste. The Wicher is 2 years old and you 2 (you and majin_vegeta21) are first players who ever complained about Yrden circle size. I find it just fine and easy to use. I'll continue to mod The Witcher after the release of FCR. I still have few ideas but soon there's going to be nothing left to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom