[TW1][mod] Full Combat Rebalance v1.3 RC

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
i like how u tied strength to dexterity to intelligence (stamina must feel left out :teeth:)issues:1. im using the OTS camera mode. when a cutscene jumps in or when transitioning from area to area, the OTS range resets :whatthe:2. the skill tree is SOOOO confusing with the colors being left as they were, but with each skill requiring different talent points (a silver requiring a bronze). is there anyway to change the colors to match?3. are the combat skills like hail of blows connected in requirements (meaning does hail of blows III require hail of blows II, etc.)?nitpicks :evil: :1. night vision skill says allows to see. i think u meant allows geralt to see. (this also occurs in other places, like broad swing skill.)2. knowledge of life ritual has no description, but knowledge of cleansing does.3. survival zone skill has a double space after vitality.4. attack is spelled atak in places like the dexterity tree (lore related?).5. resonance says raises chance of knockdown (through powerup). does that mean the sign provides a chance of knockdown or the powerup does? neither say.6. resonance in ur new sign has the word knockdown in yellow, as if it were a number, but the other resonance does not.7. all the math equations shown have commas instead of periods (pretty sure thats probably a computer language limitation, but i see periods in places like tutorials, so perhaps its possible to have the equations in the description area [where u have places like dexteritys HINT] rather than where it is, to alleviate that issue).8. in group steel, u have the third steel barrier labeled steel barrier II, not III.9. in the strong special attacks of steel and silver, ur missing the colon after the word damage (consistent with places like igni damage description).it seems uve really created something different. nothing in there feels the same and its apparent another playthrough will feel almost refreshing, rather than tedious. thank u for that :beer:edit 1: somewhat unrelated question:i was just thinking (im sure ur tired of my doing that after this post), auto sheathing seems to be tied together with the red glow of the screen. is it possible to remove the red glown script (basically, what announces danger), thereby increasing both difficulty and immersion and also killing off the auto sheathing issue (also giving some usefulness to the medallion)? i thought i read flash mod did that. im probably wrong though...

issues:1. Unfortunately there's nothing I can do about it.2. It can be done but I'm not a texture artist. I'd have to ask someone to do it and I hate relying on someone because this simple recolor would take forever :wall:3. No. In sword style trees, each upgrade is seperate and affects it's given attack level.nitpicks:Good. Please report everything. I know english well but still I'm making plenty of mistakes :-[. I'll fix all of this, including commas. There are commas because in Poland we use them in equations instead of periods...Red glow is range of engagement, range of battle. It is connected with sheathing but still I have no means to fix it now. Maybe I'll find a way but I don't know any ATM. Flash Mod doesn't change anything related to sheathing.

Flash said:
Red glow is range of engagement, range of battle. It is connected with sheathing but still I have no means to fix it now. Maybe I'll find a way but I don't know any ATM. Flash Mod doesn't change anything related to sheathing.
i meant i thought it changed something relating to the red glow, like the distance it happens or something, or that it got rid of it entirely. if it were to be gotten rid of entirely, itd be absolutely amazing! i could actually feel surprised if i were attacked. if even the distance was taken down to something extremely close, like a sword swipes distance, thatd be pretty awesome, too. but really, the goal would be to remove it. if it were gone, im sure the auto sheathing would stop and like i said, the medallion would be useful and immersion would be heightened.glad ur takin those nitpicks into account. i hope u do find a texture artist to help. im sure if u ask someone on this board to do it for u, theyd happily oblige. i mean, having a hand in the biggest mod created for a great game is a pretty cool thing.edit 1: blasting fist skill says chance of knockdown 10%, but aard already has knockdown. is that supposed to be +10%, not just 10% (missing the + sign)? it also says requires selected aard sign. better worded as requires aard sign to be selected, or more concise, aard sign must be selected, or more universal, works only when using aard sign.edit 2: with OTS enabled, it feels better, although one issue is now prevalent. ive noticed myself walking into walls... :wall: i find this happens because with the new distance comes a great gap between the PC and where the arrow is centered. it looks like the new distance is a widening of the camera angle, more than an increased distance which will inevitably create that gap. can the distance be more backward rather than more to the side (i know OTS is supposed to over the shoulder, but at this rate, its literally over someone elses shoulder...), or the pointer moved closer to the PC?edit 3: found a bug. i tried to select the first aard powerup which requires a bronze talent. i tried this after spending all my silver talents. it wont allow me to select it unless a silver talent is present, even though it still takes away from the bronze talent pool.edit 4: living anatomy is worded as provides knowledge about selected, not yet encountered monsters. pretty sure thats what it was in the original as well, however, it doesnt make sense. it sounds like u will get to choose which monsters are filled into the bestiary. it would be better worded as provides knowledge about preselected, not yet encountered monsters, or, provides a bestiary of preselected, not yet encountered monsters. i have a question about this skill, btw. nothin to do with ur mod, but just in general. if i wait until later on in the game, will it fill in only missing bestiary information, or will it still give chapter one and two monsters and ingredients???edit 5: ur permanent oil effect explanation is not worded too well. try, in order to avoid the "permanent oil effect" bug, one shouldn't save one's game while a weapon is coated with oil. either wait for the effect to expire, or replace it with another effect (such as a whetstone). this bug is not mod related.edit 6: the specter oil description is not worded or spelled too well. its nearly impossible to hit a specter without this oil. allows geralt to cut through a mysterious veil (etc.).edit 7: not sure if this is meant, but im on lvl 7 and in total, i received 2 silver talents at lvl 1, 1 silver talent at lvl 2 and 3, then i didnt bother using any talents for lvl 4 - 6, now i hit 7, and i only see 1 silver talent for the cumulative 4 lvls. is that meant or some kind of bug?edit 8: theres actually a bunch of places on the skill tree where words like disarm or knockdown are in yellow in some spots, but not others.

I'm anxious to try the new mod., but I have a few questions. Did you say I'd have to manually uninstall the original Flash mod? Since XP's for more powerful monsters (graviers, fleders, etc.) are being lowered, will the fights now be easier? Finally, as I type this, it's now July 8 in the evening, so is it actually ready?

Just downloaded and installed the mod.Can't really say much about it or the mechanics, but something else:Thanks Flash, for making the Flash mod and FCR.Thanks for your contienues modding of The Witcher!

I'm also a bit mystified by the level up procedure; you seem to get a different number of credits each time. Some levelups grant silver and bronze credits; some grant only bronze. Also, when I made level 7, I was unable to use one of the bronze credits to add range to my Igni sign, even though the stated requirement was one bronze credit. Clarification would be appreciated.

Oh, and check The Witcher folder. You'll find excel chart with detailed enemy parameters, weapons, armors and damage calculator.Every needed information is there, including talent points gain on each level.I hope you like it The Silver :)
DanConnors said:
I'm anxious to try the new mod., but I have a few questions. Did you say I'd have to manually uninstall the original Flash mod? Since XP's for more powerful monsters (graviers, fleders, etc.) are being lowered, will the fights now be easier? Finally, as I type this, it's now July 8 in the evening, so is it actually ready?
Yes, you have to unistall Flash mod before installing FCR but in my mods nothing have to be done manually. Go control panel -> add/remove programs and remove Flash mod automatically. FCR is not easier nor harder than Flash mod. It's so different that I can't really compare difficulties. Read this post for more informations. Mod is 100% ready and available to download, I'll only improve English translation (most of which use sentences from original The Witcher translation :whatthe:) and fix one little bug.1. There's also "Works only with Fast Styles" which means it adds 10% chance to knockdown with swords... Yes I see that it's not very clear, I'll fix it.2. I'll look into it but not sure if anything can be done about it.3. Yes, I know about this bug. It's some gap in game. No idea why it's working this way, it should work correctly.4. The monsters info you get is always the same so if you already know everything about these monsters you get nothing from the talent.. wait.. you would get nothing in original game but now you also get +1 dmg for this cheap talent ;)5. OK, got it.6. I'll fix it7. Look for my reply to DanConnors's post at the top.8. I'll fix it. These are remains from original descriptions..

Will there be any problem if I installed FCR before downloading and installing Patch 1.5? I guess you could tell which I was most excited about :p.

FCR works with version 1.4 and above. You don't have to install patch 1.5 in order to make the mod work.Oh, and for the moment I can say that huge improvements are comming. Not in game mechanics department but still great additions ;). I just don't know how long will it take since it's a result of teamwork and I can only predict how much time I need.

Is there anyway to disable the "flaming sword" icon in medium difficulty? I really love the mod but Hard seems to be eating me alive XD. The Frightener battle is amazingly hard due to only having one Aard cast per endurance bar.

Furizen said:
The Frightener battle is amazingly hard due to only having one Aard cast per endurance bar.
Yea, I found that out, too (on medium). I did it several times, because I tried to join the fight and got killed instantly every time, so I just tried to keep the bells ringing together for 2 seconds at a time and deal with the bandits inbetween and eventually one of the witchers landed a hit. I wondered if that was on purpose, after all I did drink my tawny owl.I noticed that the hint in the bestiary for barghests (strong style) doesn't apply anymore because due to their susceptibility to stun and knockdown, they are down with one fast style swing. As are drowners, which is very nice, they tend to be very annoying in large groups, even with a high level character. No more. :)Again about that nice theme music... would it be possible to swap that for the dice music (I can't really hear that anymore!) or some similar song?

Well, frightener fight is a pain. New signs rules and energy regeneration works well but there was this one obstacle in form of frightener. Anyway you can kill it by hitting the ASAP when you have enough energy and run to hit it. I needed only 2 "bell-stuns" to kill the bug.I'll lower barghest and drowners susceptibility to knockdown. They shouldn't be attacked with fast style and knockdown encourages it too much.If you wan't original music back just open The Witcher\DATA\music folder and open restore_ogg.exe file I've made. You can try changing dice music yourself, you just need to rename right file.I'll check the flaming sword on medium.

As I understand it, I need to uninstall Flash Mod before I install this. I have the old manual version of Flash Mod installed. Can I install a newer version of Flash Mod over the top and then use the automatic uninstall? Or do I need to try and do the manual uninstall?

i am playing FCR on hard and had no trouble with the frightener - but normal bandits are.sometimes (even when faced from the front, not from behind or the sides) they land 1 (!) hit and I'm dead from full health. gets a little annoying. sometimes I just run away so they get in an akward position where I'm sure I can land the first hit and then run away again. one of the small bandits killed 4 times in a row with 1 knive-hit.......but I like that you have to retreat much more often and change your position.

This is intended but still no human can deal 40 dmg with one hit, especially with a knife. It's impossible to die from 1 hit.Sometimes if one play too long without restarting there are insta-kill bugs. It's a problem from original game.

Flash said:
I'll lower barghest and drowners susceptibility to knockdown. They shouldn't be attacked with fast style and knockdown encourages it too much.
Noooo! How else can you survive 5 barghests surrounding you with very little health points and practically no endurance? With slow strong style attacks? You're dead before the first one is down. With the not available aard? You kill one and the others get you. I wouldn't have said a word if I'd known it would be used against me! :eek: And how else would you attack drowners? If there are not enough for an effective group style attack, that is. Those buggers are not more than a nuisance (after Act I) and yet they are unbelievably hard to kill, as long as one igny blast isn't enough.
If you wan't original music back just open The Witcher\DATA\music folder and open restore_ogg.exe file I've made. You can try changing dice music yourself, you just need to rename right file.
Nooooo! I said I liked the music, more than like, I want more. :pYa, I could try... if I'd know what the right file is, but I have no clue (there's no file with "dice" in it, so I guess it isn't English).

Barghests can be killed with 1 fast or strong style attack, or 2 group style attacks with specter oil on the sword. You can get the oil in first minutes of act 1. Just go straight to Abigail and buy the recipe and/or ready oil. You can draw drowners 1 at a time so surrounding isn't an issue in act 1. On the swamp in act 2 you'll be strong enough to cut through drowners in no time. I'll think about barghests but drowners shouldn't be knocked down with fast style.About the music. Just put all music files into music player and check. If you can't play ogg files, there are ogg plugins for winamp for example.

since the new Medium FCR is the old Hard mode, how do i disable the flaming sword icon for medium difficulty ?

Hi, I registered to say thanks to you for making those mods, i loved the first one and this one is turning out as a real new challenge (Act 2 on Hard atm).I also got some questions.1. When chaining attacks, sometimes some polish words pop up. I really wanna know what they mean, as i dont know Polish and those words arent shown for long, I cant look it up myself. ;D2. I love what you've done to the food, finally its worth eating some, especially normal Water to boost Endurance reggen, but its kinda weird know, as I don't use any swallow because you still can eat diffrent food to get enough reggen, sure this is meant like it is?3. Combat feels strange ??? For me it's like its really only luckbased if you get hit or not by anything, while having 4 Points in Dex i can get killed in 2 secs by a drowner (standing infront ofcourse) or stand infront a fleder and not get hit. Nothing too bad tho, saving more often helps.All in all the game now feels somehow more realistic and faster, also there are things like hitting a fleder with multiple series and hes not loosing any life which makes it just even more unrealistic :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom