[TW1][mod] Full Combat Rebalance v1.3 RC

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey!I was wondering - I've seen the phrase "optimal character development" quite a bit in this thread and I'm not sure how much room for customisation there is. I mean, there's the sword type and the sign type, but can I mix and match? I don't want to become a master at everything.Now, this issue was something from vanilla and, from what I've read, it's been kept here as well: the sword fighting styles. On my first attempt at the game I tried using the fast style and the group, from time to time, completely foregoing the strong style. I wanted a quicker witcher. That's not how the game works though, so I can live with that. But I want to know if I can make do with various builds or hybrids or are some signs/styles essential for survival?Thank you!cc

I think it'd be a great idea if you'd make a little combat readme to explain the changes to the Strong/Fast/Group style system. I'm starting a new game after playing a bit through vanilla and I'm a little confused on when to use each sword style now :).

Hey!Another question for you: been reading about swords getting bugged if you use oil on them and reload. Since FCR relies heavily on oils, and saves/reloads, won't this be a problem?Cheers!cc

That is why the duration of the oils in question (hanged man's venom, crinfrid and brown oil) is drastically shortened to only two hours and you can at any time apply a whetstone or any of the more specialized oils to get rid of the effect. And you'll mostly need those special oils like specter and vampire oil, since those creatures are impossible to hit without the oils (at least for the most part of the game). Those oils still have the 24h duration and don't have the bug.

is there some kind of trick to make your character block better in this mod? I'm playing the hard mode and in the prologue it's a save/load game as i gamble my odds at every goon i encounter. I hit save, then move to one of them and hit them, did they hit me? if yes, i die, if no i hit save and gamble on, doesnt feel like any operating skills can get around it :/ also regeneration is a bit slow even with a swallow + food with the damage you're taking, i still gamble save/loads.

All your talents into dexterity. I did the exact same mistake to miss that and had a hard time surviving the first two chapters.Health regeneration is actually pretty fast with swallow and food - but you barely have any healthpoints early in the game. So mostly every little monster kills you instantly if you don't kill it first.Endurance is even too low on highest levels, with all enhancements. Personally, I have given up on signs altogether, because even with Maribor Forest, Tawny owl and water you have only one use per fight and if there are multiple enemies, just forget it and be a master with your swords. And at running away in time. ;)

I'm stuck in Act I because I can't kill Ghost Leo in the basement or the Ghouls in the crypt. Do I have to grind barghests to get the intelligence talent for oils or can I get the oils I need some place else?

I have a request/idea/suggestion for a future update to the mod. Could you take out the "hints" and "MOST IMPORTANT TALENT" text from the Dexterity talent info window? Or at least make it optional? It really takes away from the immersion of the game when I have to read things like that in the game. Things like that is best included in the readme file.

im talking about prologue when you're level 1 with 0 points to spend into stuff like dex, and yes i max dex first, but before you can get mitigation to a noticible level do you gamble hp with every mob?

ChiapetX said:
im talking about prologue when you're level 1 with 0 points to spend into stuff like dex, and yes i max dex first, but before you can get mitigation to a noticible level do you gamble hp with every mob?
Sorry, didn't read properly before. I can only say that I play on medium and the one type of enemy I never had any troubles with are humans (as it should be). If you are still in the prologue and you feel that you can't manage, it's not too late to start over on medium. Not being frustrated all the time clearly beats being the toughest witcher. ;) And there's always gonna be a next time. :)
ChiapetX said:
I'm stuck in Act I because I can't kill Ghost Leo in the basement or the Ghouls in the crypt. Do I have to grind barghests to get the intelligence talent for oils or can I get the oils I need some place else?
I think you get specter oil from Abigail for the ghost and crinfrid from the smith. For other sword enhancments see Haren Brogg and raid all containers you find. In the crypt try to draw the ghouls one by one, you have no chance against multiple enemies that early on. If you're still very low level, come back later, there's lots to do everywhere else.

Thanks, manage to down Ghost Leo with ease. Hopefully I'll be able to take down the ghouls/the alghoul with the crinfrid oil since I can't find any Necrophage oil.

i only play the hardest difficulty hehe XD was just wondering how the properly beat the prologue on the hard mode, if there is a way.

Furizen said:
Thanks, manage to down Ghost Leo with ease. Hopefully I'll be able to take down the ghouls/the alghoul with the crinfrid oil since I can't find any Necrophage oil.
Don't you have one little bronze talent? I always has too many of those and too less of the others. Do you have the formula for necrophage oil? You should really try and supply yourself, you'll need it, badly.
Furizen said:
i only play the hardest difficulty hehe XD was just wondering how the properly beat the prologue on the hard mode, if there is a way.
Err... you know, that easy FCR is already harder than vanilla hard?The prologue is child's play, it only gets harder from there and if you can't beat that, but are too... Idon'tknow [insert desired adjective here] to be sensible enough to choose the appropriate mode, than you can't really complain. ;) How many times did you play the game and on what difficulties (did you already use Flash mod?)?

I have plenty of bronze points but I have no points in intelligence which require Silver Talents (for Intelligence 1 and Intelligence 2)Yes I do have the formula for Necrophage I just can't brew it without the talent. Maybe Flash could remove the talent requirement for brewing oils? Since FCR encourages specialization and Oils are so crucial to progressing in the game, maybe make it a free talent like the potion brewing talent?

If you got no intelligence at all, you can't even harvest ingredients and make potions - how do you even survive?? :eek:

Hehe I bought all the Bestiary books so I can gather ingredients from drowners and barghests. Otherwise I buy the plants I need from the Herbalist outside the inn. Its tough but my mindset was that I thought the mod pretty much required you to go down Dexterity and Stamina first and I think I have Level 1 Strength.Are you supposed to get Silver talents each level? It seems like I didn't get any some levels, and others I got 2 Silver talents.edit: I'm Level 9 and I believe I've done all the sidequests I could in Act I. The only exception is the boss in the crypt whose head you can turn in to the Royal Huntsman. Right now I'm at the point where the Reverend told me to go to the inn to learn about the Salamander hideout.

In regards to installing/uninstalling FCR mod:Uninstalling FCR via the uninstaller provided leaves the vanilla game completely intact? Or should I reinstall vanilla witcher after uninstallation of FCR. I ask, because I am unaware of how the mod installs, if it modified files, etc, that could affect a new vanilla game if I wanted to start one?

Furizen said:
edit: I'm Level 9 and I believe I've done all the sidequests I could in Act I. The only exception is the boss in the crypt whose head you can turn in to the Royal Huntsman. Right now I'm at the point where the Reverend told me to go to the inn to learn about the Salamander hideout.
I don't know if you can turn the head in in the next chapter, but I think so. For everything else it's too late once the Reverend sends you to the inn.You get silver, and later gold talents every other level, inbetween there are only bronze talents. You can look up the distribution in the Flash stats.xls sheet in your witcher root folder.

DelightfulMcCoy said:
[Err... you know, that easy FCR is already harder than vanilla hard?The prologue is child's play, it only gets harder from there and if you can't beat that, but are too... Idon'tknow [insert desired adjective here] to be sensible enough to choose the appropriate mode, than you can't really complain. ;) How many times did you play the game and on what difficulties (did you already use Flash mod?)?
all i was trying to ask was how does one properly play through the hardest FCR mode prologue without save/reloading as part of the strategy, i.e. was i doing something wrong to not operate the character in my favor or do i simply rely on my luck and hope i dont get hit & die. there are no talent points to put into mitigation at lv 1.i beat the game once using flash insane mod 3.03 along with the talent point rebalance mod for limited talent points, and am trying to beat it right now with insane, limited talent points and lowered xp rewards, rusty sword default gear etc, see the flash mod thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom