[TW1][mod] Full Combat Rebalance v1.3 RC

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn I'm at the end of the act I and I didnt take the cinfrid oil ;) I hate the oils with the permanent oil bug :) (we save so often in FCR it is virtually impossible to not save with oil applied ^^)And now the dwarf is not here anymore for the oil :)

Oy ok thanks ;) without the cinfrid though will be hard... the pb also is that I'm more than half dead just for me to draw my sword ;) stupid geralt who is unable to draw his sword himself when enemies attack. And the camera is in a very bad position when we enter this house :)

I have one last idea about the sword sheathing bug before I stop beating this dead horse. We know there's nothing you can do about the bug itself, but there is something you can do to ameliorate its game ruining effect. That is, when Geralt steps into a room with 4 or 5 enemies, his sword sheathed, and a "kick me" sign on his back, you can introduce a delay of perhaps half a second before his opponents attack. This is not an unrealistic solution. It's doubtful all his enemies would spend long hours of waiting with their swords in their hands (tiring). Also human reflexes come into play here, Geralt's are supposed to be faster. I believe they would be fast enough for him to get his sword out before the actual fight begins. So, a built in delay of half a second while the two groups react to each other, then the fight.

I'll see what I can do. It all depends if these enemies share their templates with others. I can't edit all bandits in Act 1, sometimes it might cause a bug. Besides it's hard to know which template is which bandit. For example is "19_rf_slmd201" the one I'm looking for or "q1005_bandit" or one of hundreds others..

Just played through with the new version again. Here are some things you have to look at:- Ruby sword seems to be bugged: After I killed Flash and looted it, the game crashed when I changed place. Screen went completely black, tried it in diffrent places, no changes. I used 1.5 and 1.0.1.4- The mutant assasins seem to have a too high attack chance. I did not parry or dodge anything, while having 5 dex, blizzard, sword with 5 parry and FULL groupstyle- The fight with the grand master is bugged, like someone allready posted. After killing those mutants the wild hunt will instantly knock him down- I think you could give out some more xp, I needed to grind a lot to get to 40 in the end- Bombs are overpowered. In the journal you can read that grand brothers etc are not stunable. samum still can stun them. same for fear etc ...- Quen seems to not work at all, while yrden is definitely too strong. A lvl 2 yrden with a place of power can kill everythingOne last personal matter: Can you please change the Mahakaman rune sihill stats? It is pretty useless atm, just put some AP on it and lower the dmg :)I really love your MOD and want to thank you, the new skill trees are awesome! Best thing tho are the new sword styles! ;)

Thank you for suggestions. The mod will soon be polished when I get enough time to play the game. I've got testers but I'm sure I'll change many things after I play the game myself.Unfortunately FCR was made like most games -> developer develops, testers play. I don't have time to play the game.- To fix a bug I have to reproduce it and ruby sword is working fine for me and other players. You are first one to report this crash.- He has 20% chance to hit with Geralt's max parry and dodge. I'll check it and lower his accuracy if needed.- I saw someone reporting that GM is killed from 1 hit but nobody ever said that wild hunt knocks him, especially there is no wild hunt when we fight with GM. When we fight with King of the Wild Hunt GM is supposed to be knocked.- Without grinding you would end up on level 39? 1 level below max is OK.- Bombs and oils don't check for enemy resistance. I can lower the chance for stun and fear but I can't make enemies resistant to them.- What level of quen? Yes yrden is strong. I won't weaken it but I'll increase endurance cost needed to cast.

Flash said:
Thank you for suggestions. The mod will soon be polished when I get enough time to play the game. I've got testers but I'm sure I'll change many things after I play the game myself.Unfortunately FCR was made like most games -> developer develops, testers play. I don't have time to play the game.- To fix a bug I have to reproduce it and ruby sword is working fine for me and other players. You are first one to report this crash.- He has 20% chance to hit with Geralt's max parry and dodge. I'll check it and lower his accuracy if needed.- I saw someone reporting that GM is killed from 1 hit but nobody ever said that wild hunt knocks him, especially there is no wild hunt when we fight with GM. When we fight with King of the Wild Hunt GM is supposed to be knocked.- Without grinding you would end up on level 39? 1 level below max is OK.- Bombs and oils don't check for enemy resistance. I can lower the chance for stun and fear but I can't make enemies resistant to them.- What level of quen? Yes yrden is strong. I won't weaken it but I'll increase endurance cost needed to cast.
If you need another tester, I'm your man ;)First: I forgot to add that the Fleder in Act2 in the crypt still is hard to beat, you kinda need to cheat to get to Raimunds corpsRuby sowrd: I can tell you what I did, if that helps? I killed some city guards at the hospital in temple quarter, walked over to thaler, entered the house, left it, flash appeard, killed him, looted the sword, enter thalers house again and when talking to thaler or leaving the house, the screen went black in the conversation and a game crash followed. I managed to save once and get out of the house, but then the whole game lagged, meaning fps = 1 and the ruby sowrd on geralts back was invisible.The mutant assasins problem is only a problem because of the 3 of them in the vision at end, samum helped ...Gm bug is: After killing the 6 (?) mutants the GM appears, then you can move around like 1-2 secons and after them the wild hunt knocks him down. That the king of the wild hunt knocks him down is a script, this will always happen, but not at 100% life like it is atm.Without grinding and ALL quests I would have been lvl 36 in epilogue.So bombs are like cheating, well sucks, I only wanted to use a samum to kill the mutant assasins, but the greater mutants also were stunned, that's why I found this out ;DQuen on lvl 3 did not change anything. It's a completely endurance waste to use it, jumping back and casting yrden will help you alot more. Just making yrden cost more endurance will not change anything, i killed all the big wyverns with yrden on lvl 12 in act 3 on insane, I think this should not be possible ;)

Gm bug is: After killing the 6 (?) mutants the GM appears, then you can move around like 1-2 secons and after them the wild hunt knocks him down. That the king of the wild hunt knocks him down is a script, this will always happen, but not at 100% life like it is atm.
There's no wild hunt there. You mean Ifrits?I'll address these issues but I'm still unable to crash the game with ruby sword.

Flash said:
Gm bug is: After killing the 6 (?) mutants the GM appears, then you can move around like 1-2 secons and after them the wild hunt knocks him down. That the king of the wild hunt knocks him down is a script, this will always happen, but not at 100% life like it is atm.
There's no wild hunt there. You mean Ifrits?I'll address these issues but I'm still unable to crash the game with ruby sword.
There is a video sequence where the wild hunt knocks him down. That's what I'm talking about. This happens all the time, but when everything is right you have to nearly kill the GM first, now the video comes after 1-2 seconds no matter what you do in them.About ruby sword: I tried diffrent places to face Flash or enter afterwards, but it always crashed, tried it even later in ACT 3 then, still crashed. I don't have any program to record it, sorry :(

Ok, the GM thing I think I know why this happens. Means I'll fix it, though it's a pain in the ass because without access to the script from this battle it's a matter of trial and error.

Finished part one of your latest upgrade in FCR hardest version. The salamandra assassins in the hut were affected quite nicely by the Igni I managed to cut loose in their faces as they charged in for the slaughter. In fact one was killed outright; the others blown back far enough to give Geralt room to draw his sword. I believe if he'd tried to get the sword out first he'd have died. As usual (being an Igni fanatic) I had Igni maxed at level 2 before chapter's end. I was extremely surprised by how quickly the "Beast" went down. My level 10 Geralt, on his first try, hit it with a single Aard blast, knocked it down, and killed it. Judging by the hard time the plants were giving me in the cave (13 of my minutes to clear a cavefull) I was worried the end fight would be really tough. How many more upgrades are you planning for FCR? I'd barely gotten into chapter 2 when you released this current version. Hopefully the next one will not require starting the game over from scratch.

I have a set of upgrades ready now and I wonder if I should release them now or wait untill I play the game and improve everything. So at least 1 or 2 updates with difficulty level and balance. Further updates will contain new features not difficulty changes.

Flash said:
I have a set of upgrades ready now and I wonder if I should release them now or wait untill I play the game and improve everything. So at least 1 or 2 updates with difficulty level and balance. Further updates will contain new features not difficulty changes.
Depends on what these upgrades contain. The game is playable, some bugs but nothing really game destroying. Vampireoil in Act 2 would be nice, but with some patience you can kill fleders in act 2 without it.

You are not supposed to kill fleders in Act 2. There is only 1 fleder you can't avoid and you can lure him out of the room or use talisman to make him run away.

You CAN kill them, but it is hard, you have to flee and use aard until he is stun (very hard) then kill him while stun.I have a problem though, I'm level 16, and I'm unable to kill the wraiths for the rat quest. But I did all other quests I think, and I can't go to visit the detective, as if I do so, the rat quest will fail.So dunno what to do. Kill monsters until I'm 18+? Will be hard. What kind of talent I need to kill wraiths?Thanks

Flash said:
You are not supposed to kill fleders in Act 2. There is only 1 fleder you can't avoid and you can lure him out of the room or use talisman to make him run away.
As I said 10 pages before, you actually HAVE to kill him, otherwise you cannot loot the corpse.

Flauschi said:
Flauschi said:
As I said 10 pages before, you actually HAVE to kill him, otherwise you cannot loot the corpse.
You can't be in combat range which only means that he have to be far enough from the room. You don't have to kill him.
Flauschi said:
You CAN kill them, but it is hard, you have to flee and use aard until he is stun (very hard) then kill him while stun.I have a problem though, I'm level 16, and I'm unable to kill the wraiths for the rat quest. But I did all other quests I think, and I can't go to visit the detective, as if I do so, the rat quest will fail.So dunno what to do. Kill monsters until I'm 18+? Will be hard. What kind of talent I need to kill wraiths?
Currently I'm working on 3 big projects but I'll try to release version 1.0.1.5 tomorrow. Those wraiths will be killable on lower levels. Anyway, to kill them you need high enough damage/hit. Did you try yrden? Wraiths are vulnerable to yrden. Use place of power in the sewers to charge it.

Oh I'm stupid, I just remember I still have a cave in the swamps to visit ;)Yrden... this means Wraiths are sensitive to pain?Fast silver causes pain too, but... I think it is not possible to hit them with fast silver...Thanks

Nope. Wraiths are incorporeal which means they don't feel pain. They are sensitive to magic damage and yrden is source of magical damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom