[TW1][mod] Full Combat Rebalance v1.3 RC

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harfang said:
You CAN kill them, but it is hard, you have to flee and use aard until he is stun (very hard) then kill him while stun.I have a problem though, I'm level 16, and I'm unable to kill the wraiths for the rat quest. But I did all other quests I think, and I can't go to visit the detective, as if I do so, the rat quest will fail.So dunno what to do. Kill monsters until I'm 18+? Will be hard. What kind of talent I need to kill wraiths?Thanks
Use specteroil and strong silver, ignore one of them and hit the other one in some kind of circle through the room. I killed both on lvl 10, so it is possible to do it before talking to Raimund. But this fight, the fleder and the 4 graviers in the cellar are the 3 hardest fights in Act 2, because you won't have full DEX when doing the fights. In case you won't succed on normal way, you can find 2 King and Queen Bombs in the sewers, use them and your problem should be solved.

Flash said:
You can't be in combat range which only means that he have to be far enough from the room. You don't have to kill him.
As the fleder resets when reaching the room entrance, tell me how you get him out of the room or out of combat near the crops ...

And igni is not magical? The pb with those wraiths is that I need to stay close, if not they regenerate very fast :)

Igni is fire based, yrden is pure energy.
Flauschi said:
As the fleder resets when reaching the room entrance, tell me how you get him out of the room or out of combat near the crops ...
Flauschi I assure you, this method was confirmed by many players on polish section of the forum. It works fine.

In act 2 now, in the crypt in the sewers that the con man sends you to. And, what happened to the graviers??? Only 275 XP for killing one at level 12? That's only about half what you got in version 3.03. They are NOT half as hard to kill as they were in 3.03. My guy managed to get 2, but was running out of potion tolerance. Have you lowered the XP of every enemy in FCR?

I have succeed in killing the ghosts. Not the graveir though, I'll try again when I will be more prepared ;) 4 or 5 graveir at once in such a small place, it is hard ^^

Flash mod increased all experience by 50%.FCR lowered level cap to 40. The overall experience gain is not lowered, it's about the same but it's balanced to have more senseIn vanilla witcher you've got 1500xp for basilisk but 100 for wraith (strongest fast type opponent in the game).You've got 750xp for cocatrice but 100 for order commander and knight.You've got 500xp for alp but 200 for graveir.You've got 750xp for bruxa but 300 for cementaur....All enemies had very low level and your final experience gain depends on it. Every level of difference between you and your enemy means 5xp less. You end up with 50-100 exp less than base value. It just doesn't have sense.In FCR you get:enemy expeasy 50normal 100hard 150elite 200mini-boss 400boss 1000 big boss 5000Enemies have much higher level.Every strongest creature of it's type is mini-boss, so: cementaur, garkain, wraith, kikimore warrior, giant centipede, basilisk, royal wivern, all mutants, scoia'tael and order commanders etc.
Harfang said:
I have succeed in killing the ghosts. Not the graveir though, I'll try again when I will be more prepared ;) 4 or 5 graveir at once in such a small place, it is hard ^^
Stay back on top of the stairs so you'll be attacked by one graveir at a time. Inflict both pain and bleeding by switching sword styles, use aard or igni. Strong style level 3 and strength level 3 or more is recommended.

A logical extension of your reasoning would be to get bonus XP for engaging and defeating, say, 4 or 5 creatures at once. For example fighting 5 drowned dead at the same time is a much harder fight than taking them out one at a time.

Any hints for beating
Azar and Professor
at the end of Act II with this mod? I have tried drinking every possible potion and using Cinfrid or the +25% damage rune on the ruby sword but I always die before making even a quarter of damage to them. I'm trying to beat them with the steel sword using strong style and blasting them with Aard or fire.Is there some trick to this fight or am I just missing the right talents? (I have only 1 level for each steel sword style, since humans died so easily until now).I have 4 levels of strength and 3 levels of other stats, 3 of silver strong and 1 in most other skills. Difficulty is the middle one in FCR (so not even insane).

You can't kill Azar nor Professor in Act 2, you just need to hurt them enough. Focus on Professor only. Don't let them both attack you. Position yourself so that the one you focus on is between you and other enemy. When you deal enough damage, which is 190 for Professor. With strength level 4 and strong style level 3, you'll deal 16 damage with harvall. Add diamond dust to this and you have 20dmg per hit. 195/20 = 9.75 hits rounded up. You need 10 hits -> 3 full attacks to launch cutscene. After 10 hits you need to wait few second for cutscene to begin.

I have a problem, is there a way to enter the cemetery "after" killing ratsmeet, after proving thaler and vincent innocence, and after shani's party? There's no dialog from vincent or thaler to get a pass.Thanks

Flash said:
You can't kill Azar nor Professor in Act 2, you just need to hurt them enough. Focus on Professor only. Don't let them both attack you. Position yourself so that the one you focus on is between you and other enemy. When you deal enough damage, which is 190 for Professor...
Thanks, focusing on the Professor and a lot more movement during battle got me through that.

Guest 2084367

Sry if this has been asked before... Is there any way to extract the new song theme from the main menu as mp3 or some other audio format?Or maybe I can download it from somewhere?

Of course. You can find main menu theme in The Witcher\DATA\music folder, file is called menu.ogg. You can listen it in winamp for example with ogg plugin, just google it. Or google ogg to mp3 converters.

I'm at the tower in the swamp in act II, where I have to defeat the professor, waow it is hard... I wonder if I'll succeed... I'm only level 18, with no points invested in steel styles for now, only in attributes (dex at 4, str, stam, int), and in silver styles...Perhaps I should farm a bit to have a few more levels?Is it the end of Act II? I have not completed the cellar wine quest, will I be able to do this after defeating the professor, or not?Thanks

Hi,I use russian-language patch 1.5 with FCR and noticed no differences in skill descriptions comparing with vanilla.Surely some upgrades are not presented, but the descriptions of the others remain the same.So by now I can only get an info from witcher_atr_abl.luaMy question is if I installed an english-language version would skill descriptions be updated?Thanks

Level 18 is very low for the end of Act 2. Azar and Professor enocunter is the final fight in Act 2.How to win there? Try this:
Flash said:
You can't kill Azar nor Professor in Act 2, you just need to hurt them enough. Focus on Professor only. Don't let them both attack you. Position yourself so that the one you focus on is between you and other enemy. When you deal enough damage, which is 190 for Professor. With strength level 4 and strong style level 3, you'll deal 16 damage with harvall. Add diamond dust to this and you have 20dmg per hit. 195/20 = 9.75 hits rounded up. You need 10 hits -> 3 full attacks to launch cutscene. After 10 hits you need to wait few second for cutscene to begin.
I've heard you can finish cellar wine quest in Act 3 but I never tried it myself. Can't confirm it's possible.
Flash said:
Hi,I use russian-language patch 1.5 with FCR and noticed no differences in skill descriptions comparing with vanilla.Surely some upgrades are not presented, but the descriptions of the others remain the same.So by now I can only get an info from witcher_atr_abl.luaMy question is if I installed an english-language version would skill descriptions be updated?Thanks
Yes. FCR and Flash mod are available in English and Polish. Installing English language will fix description problems. Unfortunately I don't know Russian. If there would be some willing translator he is free to make Russian version of the mod.

Mmmm ok so do you have tips to increase my level? I have done every quest in act II, except the wine cellar one, so I guess I should now farm to earn levels...What level should I reach before the end of act II ?Thanks

Level 21-23 is optimal. Sounds like the rewards for opponents are too low. I'll increase experience gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom