[TW1] [mod] Have Your Han Plants Give You Han, NOT Berbercane

+
[TW1] [mod] Have Your Han Plants Give You Han, NOT Berbercane

If you've played Chapter IV, you know that all those lovely han plants give you han fibers the first time you pick them, but after that they give you berbercane fruit.

Could you also do a mod to increase the yield of all herbs, like in "Side Effects", where at least the first harvest of each plant was 5 pieces? I mean, a myrtle plant has more than 1 blossom at a time, so why not find 5 pieces every time or a random number of pieces between 1 and 10? I often find myself being distracted picking herbs most of the time instead of following the thread. So I don't run out of any ingredients ever, but on the other hand I'm falling out of immersion. So it would be a great help to be able to not harvest every single plant in one's path. :)

DelightfulMcCoy said:
Could you also do a mod to increase the yield of all herbs, like in "Side Effects", where at least the first harvest of each plant was 5 pieces? I mean, a myrtle plant has more than 1 blossom at a time,

I've always assumed that one herb or one monster part meant one PORTION of that herb or monster part.

InterestingI created the Override folder in the data directoryAnd I still get berbercane fruit instead of Han fibers....I'm running the EE version 1.5 of the witcher... Is this still a problem for anyone?

Bane99 said:
InterestingI created the Override folder in the data directoryAnd I still get berbercane fruit instead of Han fibers....I'm running the EE version 1.5 of the witcher... Is this still a problem for anyone?
I just tested this with the 1.5 patch, and it still works fine for me.You did remember to unzip the file, right? What's the full path name of the place where you put your override file?

Figured out what happenedHad to harvest the currently growing berbercane fruit. It then regrew with han fibersHowever it took a day and a half to regrow =P

Bane99 said:
Figured out what happenedHad to harvest the currently growing berbercane fruit. It then regrew with han fibersHowever it took a day and a half to regrow =P
Every bush has a little script inside of it that tells it to replenish its ingredients. Those scripts are called once a day, and they only go into effect if the bush is empty. If the bush still has ingredients in it, then the script doesn't do anything.

This fix now comes in two versions:

1. The REGULAR VERSION of this fix doesn't INCREASE the amount of the herb; it merely changes it from Berbercane fruit to the Han fiber that it was supposed to be all along.

This script is called when the plant refills itself, so if your Han plant already has Berbercane in it, you'll need to pick the Berbercane -- to make the plant empty -- before the new script will refill it with Han.

This version of the fix is available at the end of the first post in this thread (you have to be logged in to see it) or at The Witcher Nexus.

2. The PLENTIFUL HAN version -- new today -- both changes the refill from Berbercane to the Han that it was supposed to be AND makes the plant give you more Han fibers -- 5 per day. Because you have the Midday Bride to lay to rest and a peace between the humans and the Vodayanoi to negotiate; you don't have time to spend all day gathering herbs. ;)

This version of the fix is available at the end of the first post in this thread (you have to be logged in to see it) or at The Witcher Nexus.

The han plants call the script that refills them every (in-game) night at 23:00 (11 p.m.), so the new number of han fibers won't be there until after 23:00 the first day that you play after adding this mod.

INSTALLATION:

To use, simply put the enclosed file -- hemp.ncs -- in your Override folder. If you haven't got an Override folder, just make one; it goes in your The Witcher Enhanced Edition\Data folder.

UNINSTALLATION

If for some reason, you actually WANT your Han plants to start giving you Berbercane fruit , just take the hemp.ncs file out of your Override folder.

That is a great addition Corylea

This bug was really annoying so now drowners can be Left to live in peace

DelightfulMcCoy said:
I often find myself being distracted picking herbs most of the time instead of following the thread. So I don't run out of any ingredients ever, but on the other hand I'm falling out of immersion.

as if you are describing what I'm exactly doing .. sometimes while being in the midst of events I suddenly find myself running toward some herbs to collect even if i already have a decent amount of it yes, it became an addiction and I can not stop my self from doing that :p

WitcherShadon said:
That is a great addition Corylea
I'm glad you like it!

WitcherShadon said:
as if you are describing what I'm exactly doing .. sometimes while being in the midst of events I suddenly find myself running toward some herbs to collect even if i already have a decent amount of it yes, it became an addiction and I can not stop my self from doing that :p
*smile* Yeah, games have trained us to pick up everything that's pick-upable. That's fine when there isn't much, but when there are herb bushes every few feet ... argh!

You might want my More Plentiful Herbs mod and Delightful McCoy's Even More Herbs mod. That way, eventually you'll be able to tell yourself, "I have 50 of those! I don't need to stop!"

Corylea said:
*smile* Yeah, games have trained us to pick up everything that's pick-upable. That's fine when there isn't much, but when there are herb bushes every few feet ... argh!

Yeah they are teaching us to be greedy

Corylea said:
You might want my More Plentiful Herbs mod and Delightful McCoy's Even More Herbs mod. That way, eventually you'll be able to tell yourself, "I have 50 of those! I don't need to stop!"

Thank you, I will try them

Top Bottom