[TW1][mod] Scabbard Mod ver 1.04

+
It's because of the sequence of actions the game performs. The game remembers that you have regular witcher steel sword on Geralt's back, then you sell it and buy another sword. The problem is that game refresh info about swords in inventory slots after closing inventory menu, so for a moment game thinks you have 2 swords and creates 2 scabbards. Only after this game removes the sword from your inventory slot. I can't fix it, it's somewhere deep in compiled files I don't have access to. I'd need source files from CD Projekt but getting them is rather impossible.

Flash said:
It's because of the sequence of actions the game performs. The game remembers that you have regular witcher steel sword on Geralt's back, then you sell it and buy another sword. The problem is that game refresh info about swords in inventory slots after closing inventory menu, so for a moment game thinks you have 2 swords and creates 2 scabbards. Only after this game removes the sword from your inventory slot. I can't fix it, it's somewhere deep in compiled files I don't have access to. I'd need source files from CD Projekt but getting them is rather impossible.
I guess i can live with that. Overall i really like this mod, it adds a lot of atmosphere to the game. Good job!

Hey FlashWill this scabbard mod work with the Anduril sword mod found here: http://witchervault.ign.com/View.php?view=GameMods.Detail&id=11Imageshttp://witchervault.ign.com/fms/Image.php?id=942http://witchervault.ign.com/fms/Image.php?id=943Thanks

Fantastic work on this mod Flash. You managed to add the most missed feature that this game was supposed to have.Any chance we are going to see this scabbard in a future release:
I really like the "open blade" style for the silver sword.

No. Each scabbard is made specifically for a sword model, then manually placed in 3d space at right angles to cover the sword and scripted. Anduril isn't a part of scabbard mod.
supadogg123 said:
I really like the "open blade" style for the silver sword.
I also prefer the open scabbard for silver sword but there were issues which it. Some steel swords are so big that their scabbards are clipping through silver sword scabbard. Only way to avoid it was to cover silver sword in closed scabbard.

Bug report:Sometimes after combat when you put sword back in scabbard, it seems like the sword goes in at a different angle, resulting in the blade popping through the bottom of the scabbard and being visible.To ensure this wasn't a conflict with any other mods, I removed everything else except the scabbard mod and was still able to reproduce the bug, so I'm assuming this is something you know about Flash?

Roxtar said:
I'm assuming this is something you know about Flash?
Yes, this bug is listed in "Known bugs" in first post.
Known bugs:- In rare cases, the same scabbard on the same character, once lie properly on the sword, other time it's positioned incorrectly. The reason why this happens is unknown. It's the same scabbard, the same NPC, same files, same settings but the game somehow manage to break it.
The mod includes a script which reapply scabbard after the end of every combat but even this doesn't help. I can't fix it. There's just no logical reason why this is happening. Surely there's nothing wrong with mod's scripts.

That sucks.My best guess is that the same issues you are experiencing are the same things that made CDPR decide not to put scabbard into the final game.But you are the best modder here. If there's a solution out there, I'm sure you'll find it.

Yes. There is a bug in your savegame. However, I failed to reproduce it both on my savegames and by starting new game with added swords and armors. Also I've checked mod scripts yet again to find no bug. I don't know why you have this problem.

Flash said:
Yes. There is a bug in your savegame. However, I failed to reproduce it both on my savegames and by starting new game with added swords and armors. Also I've checked mod scripts yet again to find no bug. I don't know why you have this problem.
ummm.strange...it's not my savegame, it's a user savegame, one that had problems, anyway... my guess is that maybe it's a savegame started using patch 1.3 or lower

I have a pretty strange bug with it.When I carry a meteorite sword there's no scabbard.It reappears when i take a steel swordP.S. That's a really great mode!

After forging 3 yellow meteorite sword scabbard sometimes became invisible and sometimes there were 2 scabbards(thou i carried only one steel sword and no axes etc.).Mod was installed for FCR.P.S. Bug was fixed by reinstalling the mod.

Changes in version 1.02:- Removed the option with scabbards for all NPCs. Scabbards visible on all NPCs drastically reduced game's performance regardless of computer and sometimes even made the game unplayable.
i want this back in the mod :'( (maybe you can provide the files separately or something ?!)

LicaonKter said:
Changes in version 1.02:- Removed the option with scabbards for all NPCs. Scabbards visible on all NPCs drastically reduced game's performance regardless of computer and sometimes even made the game unplayable.
i want this back in the mod :'( (maybe you can provide the files separately or something ?!)
I agree, it should at least be an option because it worked fine on my PC even in areas with tons of NPC's. I didn't get any noticeable slow down at all from it. Granted, my PC can run anything and I have one of the best GPUs on the market right now (DirectX 11 compatible with DDR5 memory) so I guess only people with really high end components will be able to run it. That doesn't mean you should leave us out! :)

I've got an annoying bug :( There is a third scabbard even if there is no third sword and even if there is an axe. The problem seems to happen only then i equip meteor swords. Unequiping swords and armor give no result, reinstalling mod is not help either :< Is there some solution of this?

Seifer12 said:
I've got an annoying bug :( There is a third scabbard even if there is no third sword and even if there is an axe. The problem seems to happen only then i equip meteor swords. Unequiping swords and armor give no result, reinstalling mod is not help either :< Is there some solution of this?
Is there any particular reason why this happens? Would it be possible to fix it? I suspect it's got something to do with scripts. I wouldn't mind trying to fix it myself, but I've noticed that scripts in z_scabbard folder are in ncs format which I can't open with djinni.

Top Bottom