[TW1][mod] Scabbard Mod ver 1.04

+
Seifer12 said:
I've got an annoying bug :( There is a third scabbard even if there is no third sword and even if there is an axe. The problem seems to happen only then i equip meteor swords. Unequiping swords and armor give no result, reinstalling mod is not help either :< Is there some solution of this?
Problem fixed in version 1.03.Edit: new version is ready to download.

Flash said:
Flash said:
I've got an annoying bug :( There is a third scabbard even if there is no third sword and even if there is an axe. The problem seems to happen only then i equip meteor swords. Unequiping swords and armor give no result, reinstalling mod is not help either :< Is there some solution of this?
Problem fixed in version 1.03.Edit: new version is ready to download.
Thank you very much!You are the bestest.

Hey I have a question.Great mod, it really makes the game feel better. However, almost all the time in game, the bottom of the Silver Sword is poking out of the scabbard. I have occasional issues with the Steel Sword (usually when it's got an oil on it), but for some reason the Silver Sword never wants to fit in the scabbard. I taking the sword out and putting it away has no effect. I'm using Flash Mod but without the modified sword models. Now, I upgraded from scabbard mod 1.02 to 1.03 without starting a new game, could that have something to do with the silver sword poking out of the scabbard?Thanks

Hi, Sayne ;DAs it is said in the first post, it's known bug and can't be fixed:[quote author=Flash.]- In rare cases, the same scabbard, once lie properly on the sword, other time it's positioned incorrectly. The reason why this happens is unknown. It's the same scabbard, same files, same settings but the game somehow manage to break it.[/QUOTE]You can remove silver sword or armor from inventory and put it on again. This should fix the problem. I was trying to track down the reason of this bug and I think it's happening after using Igni/Aard signs. But I'm not sure whether there are other reasons.

We meet at last, worthy nemesis...It doesn't seem to work all the time, loading a save seems to work better but its only a temporary fix. I'm sure something I did has caused it.

Hm. I'll have to try this. It always struck me as odd that in the intro movie he actually had a scabbard for the sword he uses...but in the game itself... nothing.

Great textures, a lovely addition to the game, and the clipping problems are negligible.However, the mod literally halves my framerate in areas that are bigger memory hogs.Pity.

Do you also have Texturen Mod installed? I recommend installing only one of these mods - Texturen or Scabbard - at a time. Using both results in serious performance drop.

Flash said:
Do you also have Texturen Mod installed? I recommend installing only one of these mods - Texturen or Scabbard - at a time. Using both results in serious performance drop.
Nah, I don't have Texturen mod.I didn't see much of a difference with or without it.Well, none that deserves such a big performance drop, anyway.If I have three swords on me, the framerate drop is roughly 20 or something.

I have a problem with this mod.I checked the known issues and the previous comments so i believe it's either the same problem or it's related.First, the silver sword seems to placed wrongly in the scabbard. Reading the previous comments and known issues i drop both swords and all the scabbards disappear until i load another area.Second, sometimes after fighting with the silver sword, the silver sword scabbard will disappear, and i need to reload the game for it to reappear again.EDIT: I installed the mod at the beginning of Chapter II.

I believe i found the source of the problem, but not the exactly cause.See, after a battle where you use aard/igni, he will holster the weapon closer to his back, and that's why the weapon gets in a wrong position when using the scabbard mod.

HI, i see that the reason is unkown for silver sword to get out of his scabbard or for the scabbard disapearing after a fight...some speculations i see, using ard/igni but will u try to fix this maybe, discover casue of problem ? Scabbards look amazing, thanks for that, best mod out there realy, but theese bugs are so anoying. They look great and should stay that way but when u see silver sword end poking out -.- damn...And its not rare as the known problems say, its very frequent, basicly u load the game, see cool scabbards, after a few mins doin something they get wrong. Can u make scabbards more wide so the sword fits even if its not in the same position it was at start ? :)Once again, the best mod out for the witcher, thx alot.

I use Weapon Slots Unlocked mod when I'm playing and for what ever reason, if I place the Silver Sword on his hip, the scabbards don't show up. Same results when you place the Silver Sword in the the native Steel Sword slot. I hate how this game illustrates his sword positioning. In the Polish TV shows, he never carried the Silver Sword on his back. He always carried it on his horse. It was a two-handed sword or bastard sword from the look of it. He always carried a much smaller steel sword on his back. It's something so small the bugs the crap out of me. I don't know why.

Maybe it already does this, but I can't get it to work. I'll try your new 1.5 version. Here's a list of Mods that I'm running that might interfere:

Hi Res Character Models
Texuren
The Witcher Black Edition - Full DL

I know the Black Edition - Full DL mod comes with a new skin mod for your steel and silver swords. I don't know if this is interfering with your mod.

I have Witcher:EE from Steam, russian version.
Non other mods except this one. Each time when I'm starting the game I need to be really fast to click to the Loading and start the game, otherwise menu is locked and not reacting on mouse or keyboard.

Is that really because of the "russian" language pack?
Don't see how this mod and language may have a problem with each other. Before mod installation everything was ok.

Top Bottom