[TW1][mod] Stuff that make Geralt's life easier!!

+
[TW1][mod] Stuff that make Geralt's life easier!!

This Mod will add 3 quest items to your inventory ( in the quest item panel of course), these are for people who got frustrated with certain aspects of the game and wouldn't mind 'bending' the rules. ;)1- Meditation : I always hated the fact that you had to find a campfire, or ask someone's "permission", just to sit on the floor and rest for a bit, with this item, you'll be able to meditate whenever, wherever you like.2- Cat vision : I thought witchers could see in the dark?? That's what Eskel told me in the prologue, only to find out that he was wrong! This item will allow you to toggle your night vision on and off whenever you like, instead of using a cat potion.3- Storage : I got tired of running back and forth to the inn to empty my inventory, or grab some alchohol for a potion that i need right away, not to mention the problem in chapter V. While it is common sense, it gets really boring after a while, especially after several runs throught the game. This item will give you immediate access to your storage.The items will be added automatically to your inventory, no need to start a new game. Right-click on an item to use it.Have fun.EDIT: -Added another package with non-quest items, for those of you who are willing to sacrifice inventory space, in favor of using the items in your potion quickslots. Please read the instructions in the 'readme.txt' file for proper installation. The new items use the same scripts and work the same way, so it's possible to mix and match between the packages (quest and non-quest), allyou have to do is copy the ".uti" file of the item you want to your override, replacing the other version of the item. - Updated to fix the problem where you get stripped of your inventory in chapter II. - Added scripts to remove the items from your inventory if you don't wanna use them anymore.

Interesting! :beer:Now, could you please include the retarded chimpanzee's instruction guide to installing it and accessing it? ]:->(where should it go, what kind of file format is it, how big is it, does it need to be unzipped, how does the game recognize it, any other information that would be helpful to avoid you getting a mountain of e-mails all asking the same thing?)

oooohhh that's a helpful mod! well worth an oren. even just the cat vision toggle alone!!!! thank you!!!! :beer:

All of that for 9 kb?... really! That is wonderful. Until you mentioned it, I didn't even know these things were bothering me, but you're right-- Eskel did say that and the 'getting-to-your-stuff' issue is strange. I have always been at odds about the various fireplaces we couldn't use, so I think this is wonderful thinking on your part... Thanks bunches.

You're a true hi tech Witcher ;D . Thank YOOOOOU.I like how they are implemented, right in the quest items cupboard! The storage and meditation are now at Geralt disposal make me feel a burden no longer, it was true grinding running around to get to these places. The cat vision is also a life saver, at one time I stuck in a cave and ran out of catvision, while feeling my way around the monsters were respawn and I was dead, since then I had to grind for catvision potions, pain in the *ss! Now I need to have a potion maker that automatically pickout albedo ingredients and pay per use anywhere place of powers :evil:

Just coming back to say these work fantastic in game!Is there any chance of changing Geralt's default inventory for the larger storage space one? That way would have much more space ?

Well, i tried messing with the luc files responsible for the ui before, but got nowhere, i need the source for these files.

Just got back into the game last night, with this mod added in. Works beautifully. Definitely enhances my game-play, making both Geralt's and MY life easier. Thank you again! :beer: :beer: :beer:

After using this mod for couple days I got some feedback:- Verrry niiiiice.- The 3 items jump around from the tail of the "cupboard" to the head, when they are at the tail end, Geralt can access them with 2 mouse click but when they are at the other end Geralt has to go thru several clicks to reach them. Could their locations be fixed at the tail end?Thanks for modding the game.

I think the solution to this one is (again :-\) in the luc files responsible for the ui, if i have access to the source files, or find a way to properly rewrite them, i think i can make the quest panel more like the normal inventory, so you can move items around and the items would stay in their slots through savegames. If i find a way to do this i'll post it for sure.

So, I've used this mod a couple of days now, with an old game and with a newly started game. Today I made the transition from the outskirts to the temple quarter via dungeon. Oddly, even quest items are removed along with the rest of the player inventory. Even the three icons from your mod - I thought, you said those couldn't be removed, even after disabling the mod? Mmmh, I guess that is the reason for what happened to me. I suspect that the quest items are rather hidden than removed... anyway, after I got everything back, I now have two sets of every icon. It's not game breaking or anything, but a little confusing. Now, if one set were at the head and one at the tail, that would be nice, but they stay together. Don't get me wrong, though. This is still one of the best mods ever! It is so nice to finally be able to choose where to sit to meditate (I try to use fireplaces I couldn't use before).I never turn off the cat sight, because it feels right somehow. A witcher is supposed to adjust his eyes better than humans and Geralt even has the cat pupils, so why should he not be able to see in a dark room without taking a potion? Plus, another free slot in the inventory.And the storage is ingenius. I am very content with that and couldn't wish for a bigger inventory now. This is basically a bottomless "purse of wonder" (the first must have mod in Oblivion *g*). That running to the innkeepers was getting on my nerves. And not to mention Act V...

I'll be one of the first to download this fix once it's done. It is very nice to run around in Witcher environment and I don't mind it one bit because I've been always looking around while travelling and enjoying its masterfully designed environment (which reveals all its beauty in stereo 3D) - however I do not appreciate going back and forth to the inn to get to my items, looking for a fireplace - maybe - but after a while it's become also a burden and not a gaming device, catvision is also a natural thing for witcher and doesn't spoil gameplay. Your mod remedies all three of these well.
JSlash said:
I think the solution to this one is (again :-\) in the luc files responsible for the ui, if i have access to the source files, or find a way to properly rewrite them, i think i can make the quest panel more like the normal inventory, so you can move items around and the items would stay in their slots through savegames. If i find a way to do this i'll post it for sure.

DelightfulMcCoy said:
So, I've used this mod a couple of days now, with an old game and with a newly started game. Today I made the transition from the outskirts to the temple quarter via dungeon. Oddly, even quest items are removed along with the rest of the player inventory. Even the three icons from your mod - I thought, you said those couldn't be removed, even after disabling the mod? Mmmh, I guess that is the reason for what happened to me. I suspect that the quest items are rather hidden than removed... anyway, after I got everything back, I now have two sets of every icon. It's not game breaking or anything, but a little confusing. Now, if one set were at the head and one at the tail, that would be nice, but they stay together.
That's weird! I've written the script with this specific situation in mind, i've tried it a couple of times and it was working!When you get arrested, your items are transferred to the container in the dungeon, so technically they aren't removed from the game, after this happens, when you go down into the sewers, the script is supposed to take back the items from the container and give them back to you.Could you tell me exactly what you did so i can fix it?? Did you remove files from override?

JSlash said:
Could you tell me exactly what you did so i can fix it?? Did you remove files from override?
Any files? It's possible that I changed some files in the override folder, but none of this mod, that I am sure of.Unfortunately I can't even tell you when excately this happened. I realized that the icons where gone when I was in the prison cell. But I didn't keep track of the exact moment they reappeared. It was a good while later when I used one of the icons again and saw that they were double.

Top Bottom