[TW1][mod] Stuff that make Geralt's life easier!!

+
Found the problem and updated the first post, use the "Remove items" scripts to remove the extra items, load a savegame, wait for the items to be removed, save your game and quit, delete the scripts and restore the mod files.

Works like a charm. The only thing that could make this easier is to have them setup with a hotkey (for Cat mostly). But other than that very useful. Thanks.

I could make them as normal items (not quest), and set it up so they could go in your potion quick slots, of course this means three more items (or potions) in your main inventory witch is just a waste of space. But then, you could use the quickslot hotkeys to use the items.

Are they additional quick slots?
JSlash said:
I could make them as normal items (not quest), and set it up so they could go in your potion quick slots, of course this means three more items (or potions) in your main inventory witch is just a waste of space. But then, you could use the quickslot hotkeys to use the items.

If you can figure out a way to edit the UI then that would be best. Making a second version of the mod with the items as normal items might also be something people might like. I'd use it so that I could hotkey them.

Updated first post, Sorry for the delay. ;DIf you have any other issues or suggestions, please let me know.@ Corylea:You are most welcome, and please enjoy. :beer:

It's really great that you are following up with your mod. Thanks.Here's some feedback: First I uninstalled the old version. I then downloaded the "non quest" version because I want to have these items in the quick slots, but after installing it I still find them located in the quest cupboard. So I thought may be I should try the "quest" version since the two may have switched somehow, I downloaded the "quest" version and copied the 3 "uti" files over (BTW, they are identical in size) and load the game again. No change. The items still sit in the quest cupboard.I wonder what have I done wrong? The items should have been in the inventory but they still located in the quest portion.

If you want to remove the old items from your inventory (and you have to, to install the new ones), it's not enough to just delete the folder, you have to use the "REMOVE ITEMS" scripts.Delete the "Stuff" folder, and copy the "REMOVE ITEMS" folder in your override, start the game and load your last savegame, wait for the items to disappear from your inventory, then SAVE your game and quit. You can then install the new items. (Don't forget to delete the "REMOVE ITEMS" folder).Once you have any item in your inventory, its template is saved in your savegame file, so updating or changing the template in the override will do nothing until the items is removed and re-added to your inventory.

Saving the game after running the "Remove" scripts works. Thanks.EDIT:I'm starting a new game so it's perfect with the 3 tems in quickslots, I must say I love it. At this stage in the game, there is no need to have other potion/bomb to be in quickslots. Later on, I can see there are cases that I need to have access to other stuff in quickslots and I can always replace an item or two for the duration of the battle. Bottom line: the non quest version work well for me. Again thanks for your time and dedication to modding the game.

You asked for it: ;DAn improvement at this point should be automating the install/remove/reinstall/uninstall process instead of having to do it manually. Especially with the "remove" process that one must do after ACT I. It is such an useful mod and I don't doubt a lot of people will be using it.

distant said:
Especially with the "remove" process that one must do after ACT I.
You don't have to "remove" anything after Act 1, if you are referring to the problem of having 2 instances of the items, it has been fixed and should work fine.As for automating, if you mean an exe installer package, that hardly seems necessary, the installation isn't complicated, and for uninstalling, the installer package will not remove the items from your savegame. With non-quest items, you can just drop them anywhere, or store them, if you don't need them anymore.If you'd like, i can make one of the items with a dialogue interface, that would give you the option of removing the items, and perhaps combining meditation and storage together in one item.

Top Bottom