[TW1][mod] Walk in OTS mode

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Um... is it kind of a bad thing to do to use the walk key in isometric camera?Because when I note that it is working in isometric camera as well, I am ignored... as if I stepped into something there. *shrug*I am sorry, but OTS makes me queasy, because every little movement I make with my mouse translates to a big, jerky movement. Also, I always try in vain to move with the mouse...Anyway, it works with all cameras! :wave:

When were you ignored?? ??? i'm sorry, but please be sure it wasn't on purpose!Anyway, the walk key, and most keys are usable in all camera modes, but in high and low isometric, you can simply use your mouse to walk, either by Shift+Leftclick, or by pressing Leftclick and keeping the cursor near Geralt, i simply stated that it's for OTS, since there was no other way to walk in this camera mode.

Okay, so that was just me being uninformed or stupid, lol. I really didn't know about the mouse+shift walk, I only knew about keeping the cursor near Geralt, but that doesn't always work that well. When I started playing Witcher, I tried to map the walk key to the mouse, as I do whenever I cannot use the controller and was mad that I didn't find the option to do that. Well, eventually I found out that 'walk' already is on the mouse, duh! Before The Witcher I played Oblivion for a long time and movement was so easy and with walk toggle and all, I had a hard time adapting to Geralts movement and still get backaches from playing...

Well, in previous Aurora engine games, like KOTOR and Jade Empire, There was a walk toggle, and movement was based on WASD layout, so i don't think there's an engine limitation on this issue, And, I did find a reference for a walk toggle in Dialog_3.tlk, it says exactly "Toggle to run always", so i think the Devs were going to implement it, i don't know why they didn't go through with it. :-\

I found that if i bound the walk key to my W key i could bind run to Alt which sort of works like a toggle in that you can hold it down and it will cancel out the walk command until you let go of Alt. This seems to be the best way to do it.I'm so glad i found this mod without getting too far into the game because without the ability to walk it REALLY destroyed the immersion for me, it's pretty surprising that this was not in the original game, but with 3 different ways to play it i suppose i could understand how something so simple was overlooked. God I'm happy you made this! I wish i could hug ya!

Now I can play the witcher while stoned! ;)Seriously, thanks for taking the time to do this, sometimes the smallest mods are the most useful.

Does this mod get rid of or help alleviate the shaky-cam effect when running? The game is unplayable for me as it is with the shaky-cam.

That would be my question too, as I installed the mod and it just runs like before.On the other hand, I have the german version. Any idea if that prevents the mod from working?

its quite easy to create a toggle key. download the hotkey program autohotkey and write a simple key script such that when caps lock is on the w key is assigned to be a different key (which is the key you assign to walk mode). that way, caps becomes your toggle. with minimally more effort you can assign any key to be your toggle.

a little note to the ones who cant download the file , you need to register in the forum in order for you to be able to download the mod.

Gosh,if someone would post the bloody script,then I'd be in Seventh heaven,but for now big thanks to J_Slash for the mod and Daniel 420 for an alternative solution to a toggle.

It's nice to be able to walk instead of run constantly. Especially considering in some circumstances it looks odd when you are running, and then it goes to like a cutscene type deal and your character is shown walking up to an NPC or something.

This mod seems to be working out like a charm with Steam version of The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut as well. Has anyone had any complications with this, like crashing or such? What I recall, such a minor modification like this shouldn't harm the game or so.Forgive me for using a word "minor" when talking about this mod. I was really frustrated as well as I couldn't walk at first, it just didn't seem to fit, especially indoors. Thank you for improving the immersion for all of us.

Hi all.I'm having trouble getting this mod to work - i've copied the zip contents to the correct folder and have the two forward movement binds in the control settings, but both result in running.Any suggestions? Help would be much appreciated.

Hmm, that's odd -- it's working fine for me with the 1.5 patch. One thing to check is to be sure to run WinZip (or whatever you're using to unzip the mod's zip file) as administrator so it will have permissions to write to the 'Program Files\The Witcher\Data' or 'Program Files (x86)\The Witcher\Data' directory. After you extract the files, double-check that each file in the zip is in its correct directory under 'Data'. As test you can then try mapping walk (the first 'Move Forward' key entry) to the ` key, which is next to the '1' key on US keyboards.Anyway, thanks, J_Slash, for a great mod!!! You da man! :)

Recently bought "The Witcher: Enhanced Edition" in a sale on Steam, and almost stopped playing it as I was so annoyed at not being able to walk in OTS mode. It really broke the immersion for me, especially in indoor areas.Luckily I found this mod and installed it. Seems to work fine with the Steam version of the game. Thanks very much for creating it! It's allowed me to continue with a game that I was so close to de-installing, and I've heard good things about it, so that would have been a shame!

Right I put the mod in following the instructions. I get the other forward Button but! It only runs. I am on version 1.4.5.1304 Enhanced version Plantinum Edition. Running on Vista. So any help will be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom