[TW1][mod] Walk in OTS mode

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys.

Unfortunately I can't get it work. No matter where I put the key it results to running.

I have patched the EE of the game up to 1.5 and copied the zip folders to the data folder. Asked me to overwrite, I said yes and everything seemed to work smooth as butter.

But in game... it doesn't work. :(.

Can someone be more detailed on how the mod works and where it's binded (in case I'm missing something obvious due to stupidity).

TSHost said:
Hello guys.

Unfortunately I can't get it work. No matter where I put the key it results to running.

I have patched the EE of the game up to 1.5 and copied the zip folders to the data folder. Asked me to overwrite, I said yes and everything seemed to work smooth as butter.

But in game... it doesn't work. :(.

Can someone be more detailed on how the mod works and where it's binded (in case I'm missing something obvious due to stupidity).

First you need to unzip the file and place the contents of the unzipped file in your Witcher>Data>override folder . If no override folder exists in the Data folder then you need to create one .

Tommy said:
First you need to unzip the file and place the contents of the unzipped file in your Witcher>Data>override folder . If no override folder exists in the Data folder then you need to create one .

There's 2 folders in the zipped file. Do I need to place both inside the override folder?

Edit: I did everything but still no luck. I don't know why?

Does the mod work for other people?

TSHost said:
There's 2 folders in the zipped file. Do I need to place both inside the override folder?

Edit: I did everything but still no luck. I don't know why?

Does the mod work for other people?

This one is a little complicated to work but it does indeed work . After you have unzipped the mod you should have two folders a override folder and a scripts folder open the override folder first and copy both files into your witcher>Data>override folder then open the scripts folder and copy the file and paste in the witcher>Data>scripts folder if asked if you want to over write click yes .

Now start up the witcher and when you get to the new/load game screen select options and then controls . You should have 2 move forward buttons one will be blank . Click on the blank one and select a key that is not used by the game . Personally i used the 'N" key and click accept then start game and when you get in game press whatever key you assigned in the previous step and Geralt should now walk . The w , a , s , d keys will still function for running .

Tommy said:
This one is a little complicated to work but it does indeed work . After you have unzipped the mod you should have two folders a override folder and a scripts folder open the override folder first and copy both files into your witcher>Data>override folder then open the scripts folder and copy the file and paste in the witcher>Data>scripts folder if asked if you want to over write click yes .

Now start up the witcher and when you get to the new/load game screen select options and then controls . You should have 2 move forward buttons one will be blank . Click on the blank one and select a key that is not used by the game . Personally i used the 'N" key and click accept then start game and when you get in game press whatever key you assigned in the previous step and Geralt should now walk . The w , a , s , d keys will still function for running .

What Tommy said works :)

Thanks for this mod! I just found it. It really had to be the part of the game from the beginning, since it's rather annoying to bump into people all the time, when running through a street for example. This mod makes it much more immersive.

I carnt get that mod to work, I've tried everything, but he continues to run on both settings, this is ridiculous, why on earth the deletes didn't put this in the game is beyound me .

Did you copy the files to the right directories? You need to bind the second run key to something, and that would be the "walk" key.

I'm sure I have followed the correct instructions, just reinstalling the game now, just to make sure I never mucked anything up. I have 2 folders on my desktop, the scrips folder and the override folder, from what I gathers u just add them to the witcher game files, under data ?

Errm I'm lost, what u did, was make 2 folders, one called scripts, one called override. Then I searched on my computer for the witcher games, and dragged the override folder under the data folder, then I dragged the scripts folder under the scripts folder, at the very bottom replacing the same file beginning with wgsdefs. Then I load up my game, it's got 2 option for walk. So I just entered the 'n key as the second walk, load up a game, and he runs on both keys ? I'm baffled

cruise007 said:
I'm sure I have followed the correct instructions, just reinstalling the game now, just to make sure I never mucked anything up. I have 2 folders on my desktop, the scrips folder and the override folder, from what I gathers u just add them to the witcher game files, under data ?

Yes, those should go under Data directory. You can just manually copy scripts to the Data/Scripts directory, and overrides to Data/Override. (In my case Override directory didn't exist, so I just copied the whole directory to Data).

May be try using some other keys? I'm using F for example, since it's easy with the left hand. Looks like you copied the files correctly (since you replaced Data/Scripts/wgsdefs.lua)

You can compare file sizes (or even contents) of corresponding files with the ones from the mod zip if you want to be 100% sure.

Hm. Firstly, what version of the Witcher do you actually use? I tested this mod in the GOG release (enhanced edition).

What OS are you running the Witcher on? If you are on Windows you can use the comp command to compare files:
http://ss64.com/nt/comp.html

Or if you are not comfortable with the CLI, you can use some GUI tools, like WinMerge:
http://winmerge.org

On Linux you can compare files with cmp or diff, or with GUI tools like Meld:
http://meldmerge.org

I'm not so familiar with MacOSX, but it should have cmp and diff I think.

You can however compare files superficially just at least by verifying their size. (Right clicking on the file in Windows should show you the properties dialog with file size in bytes).

But may be we are overdoing it. Try this again.

Simply, copy all files from Scripts inside Data/Scripts/, and files from Override to inside Data/Override/. Make sure they are in the right place. Then reload the game, and make sure your keyboard layout isn't set to some non English locale (that's just a guess).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom