[TW1] [tool] ENBseries for The Witcher (nice Bloom effect)

+
[TW1] [tool] ENBseries for The Witcher (nice Bloom effect)

Hey there!Just tried my luck with ENBseries by Boris Vorotsov, that genius of a russian who beautified a lot of games like Oblivion, GTA 4, Deus Ex and so on and so forth. If you don't know his site, I recommend you check out http://boris-vorontsov.narod.ru/download_en.htm Before you read further: Alt+Tab won't work after doing this, the screen will be black if you return to the game. So if thats a big problem for you, you're better off without the bloom.If you're still here, click on the link above, go to "Download" and download the file "TES Oblivion v0.075a". As soon as you did that, unpack "d3d9.dll" and "enbseries.ini" to your Witcher/System directory. Open the enbseries.ini and make the following changes.[GLOBAL]UseEffect=1AlternativeDepth=0AllowAntialias=1BugFixMode=0SkipShaderOptimization=0QuadVertexBuffer=0EnableShaders_3_0=1AdditionalConfigFile=enbseries2.iniUseMRTRendering=0[EFFECT]EnableBloom=1EnableOcclusion=0EnableReflection=0EnableMotionBlur=0EnableWater=0EnableShadow=0DepthBias=0EnableDepthOfField=0As soon as you start the game, pull the Gamma-Slider in the Witcher options menu all the way to the left and the game will keep its dark tone. If the bloom is too strong for your taste, open the enbseries.ini again and change BloomPowerDay from 15 to about 10. I bet there are some guys on here that understand all that other techno-babble in the ini file and have some more tips for you, but thats all I could come up with.And now for your viewing pleasure, some screenshots with Gamma all the way down and bloom settings like the ones up there.EDIT: I added some before/after shots.Before: After: Before: After: Before: After: Before: After: I hope you enjoy the changes. I sure do, as the darker tone with the brighter highlights make some stunning visuals. And as soon as we make a working controller mod (not Xpadder or something) and mod the fighting system a little, the pain of losing Rise of the White Wolf won't be that bad anymore. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
IronsteffL said:
Just tried my luck with ENBseries by Boris Vorotsov, that genius of a russian who beautified a lot of games like Oblivion, GTA 4, Deus Ex and so on and so forth. If you don't know his site, I recommend you check out http://boris-vorontsov.narod.ru/download_en.htm
so comparison shots would of been nice, like before and after

This is very nice, it has a lot of potential. Bloom works good with the original settings in the file, but turning the gamma all of the way down was too dark. I set my gamma at .70 and it looked the best.Also, yes all of the other effects are disabled by default, but I've been doing some testing and most of them work, in theory at least. Here's my current findings:Bloom works fine of course, but most of you guys will want to bust down the day power to 15 and night power to 25. Also, set "BloomAllowOversaturation=1" to "BloomAllowOversaturation=0" or some colors will look over-vibrant and out of place.Occlusion seems to work, but lags the game more than anything I've seen so far. It just seems like TW wasn't designed for this setting. I highly recommend you leave it off unless you've got an i7 processor, 8 gigs of ram and a $500 video card.Motion blur! It works baby! The original setting is way too high, you'll have to knock down the rotation setting from 200 down to 40 or 60 depending on your taste. Once you do that, the slight motion blur looks awesome in the game, and the 40-60 setting is very similar to the look that motion blur has in Mass Effect. IMPORTANT: if you turn on motion blur then the vanilla shadows will look really strange at night, so to fix this you will also need to turn on shadows in this file. I haven't done too much testing with the shadows but found that reducing all of the shadow settings by half (except the ones set to "1") improved the look to make them closest to the original shadows as possible. One other side effect of the motion blur that I noticed is occasionally just after a loading screen finishes loading the entire screen will seem blurred for about 3 seconds, then it goes to the game and all is well. No harm, no foul.I really like the possibilities that this presents, especially the fact that we now have working motion blur in the game. I'm going to do much more testing and once I get the optimal settings for everything I'll post my enbseries file up so everyone can download it.

I don't know why, but if I use the motion blur, there are a few frames now and then that are just blank and it strains my eyes, thats because I disabled it.For the rest its just as Roxtar said. SSAO wasn't meant to be in the game, as well as reflections and all that water stuff. Depth of field looks great in theory, but in the game its just messed up. Now and then you may get a nice angle to make a screenshot, but thats about it. If we only could get Boris to do an ENBseries exklusivly for the Witcher, THAT would be awesome! But for the time being, the subtle improvements this brings look pretty good for me.And thanks to Roxtar for the additions! ;)

Ok, so after extensive testing I've come to the conclusion that the only features in this mod that are reliable enough to be used indefinitely are the bloom and color correction.That's the bad news, because I REALLY wanted to get the motion blur working... but it just wasn't going to happen. I tried everything possible and there was always some sort of glitch. The good news is that during all of my testing I believe I've come up with the PERFECT bloom and color correction settings for The Witcher. Using these settings:- The game will be slightly darker, definitely enough to notice. This combined with the improved lighting looks 10x more realistic than the vanilla game.- Light sources look much more natural, especially indoors (coming in through windows). The glow from fire is greatly improved as well.- I very mildly tweaked the color correction to make colors more saturated/vibrant. This takes a bit of the "washed out" look out of the game.Take note: these setting that I have created are all minimal, as to not change the original game too much and to not reduce game performance. I basically added JUST enough to make the improvements worthwhile and noticeable, but not enough to be overbearing. My goal was to set it up in a way that made it seem as if it was meant to be in the game, rather than something over-the-top. Also, I set up all of the setting in a way that none of you guys should need to adjust your in-game gamma at all... it looks great with the default 1.0 setting. However, all monitors are different (and mine is really bright) so if necessary just make the adjustment to your liking.Below you'll find the file. Just download it then extract it into the "system" folder in your Witcher directory. Since the original download site for this mod has been offline for weeks now, I've included all necessary files in the ZIP below. Enjoy!

i know it's been almost two months, but will this work fine with the new meshes from the texture mod and the high res characters mod?

Roxtar said:
Ok, so after extensive testing I've come to the conclusion that the only features in this mod that are reliable enough to be used indefinitely are the bloom and color correction.That's the bad news, because I REALLY wanted to get the motion blur working... but it just wasn't going to happen. I tried everything possible and there was always some sort of glitch. The good news is that during all of my testing I believe I've come up with the PERFECT bloom and color correction settings for The Witcher. Using these settings:- The game will be slightly darker, definitely enough to notice. This combined with the improved lighting looks 10x more realistic than the vanilla game.- Light sources look much more natural, especially indoors (coming in through windows). The glow from fire is greatly improved as well.- I very mildly tweaked the color correction to make colors more saturated/vibrant. This takes a bit of the "washed out" look out of the game.Take note: these setting that I have created are all minimal, as to not change the original game too much and to not reduce game performance. I basically added JUST enough to make the improvements worthwhile and noticeable, but not enough to be overbearing. My goal was to set it up in a way that made it seem as if it was meant to be in the game, rather than something over-the-top. Also, I set up all of the setting in a way that none of you guys should need to adjust your in-game gamma at all... it looks great with the default 1.0 setting. However, all monitors are different (and mine is really bright) so if necessary just make the adjustment to your liking.Below you'll find the file. Just download it then extract it into the "system" folder in your Witcher directory. Since the original download site for this mod has been offline for weeks now, I've included all necessary files in the ZIP below. Enjoy!
Works deliciously! THanks :]

Hi to everybody, i'm new to this forum.I'm trying ENB series for the Witcher, but after copying the files in the system folder and editing the ini file, the game crashes at start. I have the Steam version. I'm not the only one, i've found otehr people having this issue. Running on W7 x64.Thank you.

I'm having the same problem - crash on startup, even before the intro movie plays. If you disable the mod manually in enbseries.ini by changing the line UseEffect=1 to UseEffect=0, the dll runs. This is confirmed by the mod text showing up in the upper left hand corner on startup. However, changing the line back to UseEffect=1 reproduces the crash. Too bad, because the images look good.I'm running The Witcher EE, Director's Cut on Steam on Win7 64bit.

I know this topic is crazy old, but just in case someone else happens across it like i did.

If you're using k777's file that he provided, the reason it's crashing on Win7 64, is because k777 forgot to turn SSAO off in the .ini file.

Just scroll down in the file to the [SSAO] section, and change

EnableFilter=1

to EnableFilter=0

No more crash... also solves the problem of the rain looking like a thick green fog, lol.

It looks awesome too btw. Nice Work guys :)

Chaeote said:
I know this topic is crazy old, but just in case someone else happens across it like i did.

If you're using k777's file that he provided, the reason it's crashing on Win7 64, is because k777 forgot to turn SSAO off in the .ini file.

EnableFilter=1

to EnableFilter=0

No more crash... also solves the problem of the rain looking like a thick green fog, lol.

It looks awesome too btw. Nice Work guys :)/>

Thanks for taking the time to let everybody know

Chaeote said:

EnableFilter=1

to EnableFilter=0

It looks awesome too btw. Nice Work guys :)/>

Yes, people like me are STILL using these threads. Thanks for the heads up!

Top Bottom