[TW1][tool] Save game editor

+
Shamblow said:
is there a way to just tell it or change the default language
When you unzipped the file where did you put it ?I left mine in downloads and unzipped to a subdirectory. I`ll attach a couple of screenshots to where you can see how i`ve got it setup. Notice the open with in pic 1 and the target and start in lines in pic 2 . Pic 2 should be where you have it located on your hard drive

I did the same thing you did, a little different cause my download file is in a different location and I still get the same unable to determine the installed language error.

Shamblow said:
I did the same thing you did, a little different cause my download file is in a different location and I still get the same unable to determine the installed language error.
You have the latest java right for 64 bit systems you need both the 32 and 64 bit versions of java i think the latest is version 23

Ok I got it, I checked where it was saying the javaw.exe was in the sys32 and its not for 64 bit, once I got that corrected it worked

Shamblow said:
Ok I got it, I checked where it was saying the javaw.exe was in the sys32 and its not for 64 bit, once I got that corrected it worked
That`s great !! i`m glad it`s working for you

Tommy said:
Tommy said:
Tommy,I'm having the identical problem Shamblow was having. Same exact error. Except I can't seem to solve the issue as he did. I am using Win 7 64 bit. I have updated Java. I can tell you I'm not exactly a PC savvy guy, so you may have to spell it out for me. :)I just extracted the files to my desktop in a new folder I named TW Editor. If I do nothing at all and simply click on properties of the shortcut, the "Start" directory is blank. And this is what I have in my "Target" box ( I just copied and pasted it):%windir%\system32\javaw.exe -Xmx256m -jar TWEditor.jar (Incidentally, this is not a valid file path if I try to click OK. But you probably knew that). I'm not sure if I'm supposed to include the directory for the actual javaw.exe program in the Target box? If so, my javaw.exe file path seems strange. Here is the folder where my javaw.exe is:C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\binAs I said, I'm not that computer savvy. And despite reading the "readme" file, I remain pretty confused. Any help would be awesome.

Biscuit57 said:
Biscuit57 said:
Biscuit57 said:
Tommy,I'm having the identical problem Shamblow was having. Same exact error. Except I can't seem to solve the issue as he did. I am using Win 7 64 bit. I have updated Java. I can tell you I'm not exactly a PC savvy guy, so you may have to spell it out for me. :)I just extracted the files to my desktop in a new folder I named TW Editor. If I do nothing at all and simply click on properties of the shortcut, the "Start" directory is blank. And this is what I have in my "Target" box ( I just copied and pasted it):%windir%\system32\javaw.exe -Xmx256m -jar TWEditor.jar (Incidentally, this is not a valid file path if I try to click OK. But you probably knew that). I'm not sure if I'm supposed to include the directory for the actual javaw.exe program in the Target box? If so, my javaw.exe file path seems strange. Here is the folder where my javaw.exe is:C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\binAs I said, I'm not that computer savvy. And despite reading the "readme" file, I remain pretty confused. Any help would be awesome.
Open the TWEditor folderThe very top one should say TWEditor and should also say executable jar file to the right of it ---Right click and select open withnow select the browse button and navigate to C:\Program Files(X86)\Java\jre6\bin now scroll down the list and find javaw and select it and you should be good to go. If not just come on back

I am having the same problem as Shamblow and the gent above me. I have the latest version of Java, just downloaded today. I don't know how to specify 32- or 64-bit (I have a 32-bit machine), or even if this matters with the latest version. I get the "Unable to determine installed languange TWEeditor:main:main(Main.java.169)" errorI have associated both the TWEeditor.jar file, and the shortcut, to be opened with "Java(TM) Platform SE binary. I'm pretty sure my shortcut path is OK, but if I try to run the .jar with the right program should it even matter? Many thanks in advance.

BattleMonkey123 said:
I am having the same problem as Shamblow and the gent above me. I have the latest version of Java, just downloaded today. I don't know how to specify 32- or 64-bit (I have a 32-bit machine), or even if this matters with the latest version. I get the "Unable to determine installed languange TWEeditor:main:main(Main.java.169)" errorI have associated both the TWEeditor.jar file, and the shortcut, to be opened with "Java(TM) Platform SE binary. I'm pretty sure my shortcut path is OK, but if I try to run the .jar with the right program should it even matter? Many thanks in advance.
If you have a 32 bit windows then you won`t need to worry about specifying 32 or 64 as all you will have is 32 bit . If you try to run the jar file with anything except javaw it won`t work. I wouldn`t worry with the shortcut and concentrate only on opening the jar file. 1st right click the jar file and select open with then select the browse button and navigate to C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin and scroll down and select javaw and click apply and ok if necessary . Then click to open the jar file and 2 windows will open a smaller one inside of a larger one when the smaller window finishes loading then click file and open and there are your saved games from the witcher

Tommy-Thanks for your reply. I have been selecting javaw.exe, using the same path you recommended, which results in the "Java(TM) Platform SE binary" file being used to (try to) open the .jar file. Same problem. Is this the right program? I am baffled as to what the problem is. Thanks in advance for any help.

BattleMonkey123 said:
Tommy-Thanks for your reply. I have been selecting javaw.exe, using the same path you recommended, which results in the "Java(TM) Platform SE binary" file being used to (try to) open the .jar file. Same problem. Is this the right program? I am baffled as to what the problem is. Thanks in advance for any help.
It`s the one i use and it works for me but there is another one in system 32. Try the browse button again but this time navigate to C:\Windows\System32\javaw and try again

Tommy-I tried your tip, it used the same Java program, but rather than getting the error message a very brief DOS box opened up with what I assume was as error message. It was very, very brief...I caught the word "secutiry" but nothing else. I tried a few times to get a screen capture but just couln't catch it. Any other tips? I am at a loss here, and it doesn't seem like there are any other options to try.Edit: To be clear, I am using the enchanced game on Steam, downloaded the enhanced trainer, and am running Windows 7.

BattleMonkey123 said:
Tommy-I tried your tip, it used the same Java program, but rather than getting the error message a very brief DOS box opened up with what I assume was as error message. It was very, very brief...I caught the word "secutiry" but nothing else. I tried a few times to get a screen capture but just couln't catch it. Any other tips? I am at a loss here, and it doesn't seem like there are any other options to try.Edit: To be clear, I am using the enchanced game on Steam, downloaded the enhanced trainer, and am running Windows 7.
Are you using the editor for the enhanced version as there are two one for the original version of the game and one for the enhanced edition

Tommy-I am using the enchanced trained (although it shows up as TWEditor.jar, the same as the regular version - I tried that too to see if I could at least open the .jar file). I tried everything above, and I caould not get it to work.

BattleMonkey123 said:
Tommy-I am using the enchanced trained (although it shows up as TWEditor.jar, the same as the regular version - I tried that too to see if I could at least open the .jar file). I tried everything above, and I caould not get it to work.
Do you know how to verify file integrity using a MD5 verifier

Tommy-I got the editor to work. Maybe I missed the instruction...but I ran the TWArchive .jar (which was working), kept it open, and then ran the TWEditor.jar (which still only worked with the r-click "Open With..." command), and it worked. Thanks for your help, and if I messed up by not following the instructions, sorry for wasting your time.

BattleMonkey123 said:
Tommy-I got the editor to work. Maybe I missed the instruction...but I ran the TWArchive .jar (which was working), kept it open, and then ran the TWEditor.jar (which still only worked with the r-click "Open With..." command), and it worked. Thanks for your help, and if I messed up by not following the instructions, sorry for wasting your time.
Shucks don`t worry about that when you r click and open with did you click apply and ok or there might be a tick box asking always use this program to open this kind of files

Yes, I associated all .jar files with Javaw.exe. I don't know what causes the problem, but I'm glad it finally worked. Thanks for your help troubleshooting!

Top Bottom