[TW1][tool] Save game editor

+
Chaosmonkey said:
Attached my witcher.lua file so you can see. It contains all the opening stats for Geralt and is only called upon starting the new game. After that it is written into the save file and if I had to take a guess it should be co-habiting with the other attributes you are finding. Is the file which sets the difficulty of the game - damage multiplier et
I don't see any LUA files in the save. I imagine fields are set based on running the script. But more detective work is required to determine where the fields are stored (there are many many files in a save) and how the fields are named.

It looks like it should be possible to add a 'Quests' tab to display current/completed/failed quests. I think it is safe to also allow a quest stage to be advanced as long as there is no script that is to be run. I'll take a look at adding this feature to the editor.Also, it appears that the save game contains all quests, even those that haven't been started yet. So the list can also include quests not started. Compulsive gamers would then shoot for an empty 'Not Started' list to indicate they have done everything possible in the game :)

ScripterRon said:
ScripterRon said:
Don't work with my saves (russian localization) :wall:save file structure is not validsave does not contain save_******.smmHelp please... ::)
The SMM file contains control information for the save and is used to locate the proper SAV file (although I've only seen a single SAV file per save). It is possible they changed the internal file names for the different languages (they certainly changed the area names). Can you start a new character, save the game at the beginning of the prolog, and then send me the save file (this should keep the file as small as possible). Send it to Ronald.Hoffman6@gmail.com.
DONE :)I sent you a letter with the archive rar

Well, I can correctly display the Started, Completed, Failed and Not Started quests. But I haven't been able to figure out how the game determines the current quest stage. In many cases, the CurrPhase field points to the correct quest phase. Other times, it points to a phase without a description. And sometimes, it appears to point to the correct stage but the description doesn't match what is in Geralt's journal. So there is something else going on (perhaps the journal entries are obtained from another source and not from the QST files).For now, I think I'll make available what I have with just the 'Examine Quest' function implemented. Until I can get this to work reliably, I don't think an 'Advance Quest' function is a good idea.

I've uploaded Version 1.3 to my work space with the following fixes:
  • Fixed UTF-8 to Unicode conversion problem that was causing the editor to fail in non-English languages.
  • Added the 'Quests' tab. This will display the Started, Completed, Failed and Not Started quests. I still haven't completely figured out how the quests are managed, so some of the quest descriptions may be blank (many of the quest phases have no descriptions in the QST files).

ScripterRon said:
I've uploaded Version 1.3 to my work space with the following fixes:
  • Fixed UTF-8 to Unicode conversion problem that was causing the editor to fail in non-English languages.
  • Added the 'Quests' tab. This will display the Started, Completed, Failed and Not Started quests. I still haven't completely figured out how the quests are managed, so some of the quest descriptions may be blank (many of the quest phases have no descriptions in the QST files).
Greate work, ScripterRon! Big Thanks! :beer:P.S. And what about editing of weapon and armour? Is it possible? 8)

Weapons and Armor are automatically equipped by the game engine and do not appear in the inventory. I've been hesitant to do anything with them because I would have to equip or unequip items, which potentially requires updating the characters stats. If it is just a matter of adding an item to the list, I can handle it. But if I need to update stats based on item properties, it gets much more complex.Given that you can give yourself gold, meteorites and runes, you can upgrade weapons and armor through the normal game mechanics. So the issue is getting the unique weapons and armor. I'll do some checking and see what I can discover.

RonJust a thank you for all the work you have put into this. I am having great fun "looking behind the scenes"Best wishes ;D

Great work, Ron ! Really ! So easy and fast to use, well .. Of course, useful to prepare a savegame "cheated" at the beginning of Act I but also to get ingredients suchs as Werewolf Fur if you want to spare Vincent's life, same for Her Higness the Striga and get the rewarded Sword, yeaaaah ...I definetely like you software ! Well well done !Just a suggestion :Maybe you could add the function to add ingredients / items / other things by differents stacks than 10 ? Maybe with the max stacksize (default) from the game, wich is 50 for common alchemy ingredients (from monster and flowers / herbs), 25 for greases, and so on ? And specially add an item count in player inventory : not a full total of items, but total of differents items, so we know how many inventory space is left when adding items from the software. May prevent some game crash if adding too many things in one time and the inventory overflows ::)And again, great job, thanks a lot !

I chose 10 because I didn't want to add too many items. In NWN2, I used to add the maximum stack size and that was too much at times. Of course, NWN2 has weight encumbrance while The Witcher doesn't, so I suppose the item count doesn't really matter here.The editor should tell you if there isn't an inventory slot available since it has to assign a slot when adding the item.

Ok good to know, gonna try to click a hundred times the add item button to see what happens ;DBy the way, I know we can change the default stack size, set it to whatever we want, even thousands hundred, works almost fine : just crash the game when you have to enter an area with Ekinopps inside. Why ? No idea.So, to avoid this, you can use the savegame editor (not yours, the other ^^ ) to add items with a huge stack size (but no more than 3 digits, else it becomes unreadable in storage) and put them in storage, or keep'em in inventory, doesn't matter. Will split in default stack size, i.e. if you pick up some from storage, let's say 50 Abomination Lymphs to brew something and send back to storage.The way I replay the game, I usually keep like 200 of each albedo ingredients (so 6 packs of 200) and same for rubedo, plus 3 or 4 dozens of high quality alcoohol, so I can brew my potions at any firecamp. Why to do this ? Well, Dandelion keeps the storage, ok .. But he stays at the Dike, and once entered in Old Vizyma, I still haven't found any way to go back to Dike to get my storage items. Gate is locked ...

I just wanted to say thanks to Ron. I just dl'ed and tried out v1.4 of your editor and it works great!

Nice work ScripterRon. I noticed though that when editing the inventory even though 1.4 is supposed to add items at their maximum stack size, some items are still being added singly. Noticeably flowers and some other gifts. Also, would it be possible in a future version to add the ability to maximise the stack size of existing items in your inventory?

Chaosmonkey said:
I can't get it to work - all I get is -"Exception during program initializationjava.io.IOException: Unable to locate localized strings databaseTWEditor.Main.main(Main.java:193)"
Hey mate that Signature is wrong, is There are 1 0 people those who understand it and those who doesn't understand it.

Thank you for this very usefull toll. I prefer personally C, but java is easier to do something easy-for-use.

Despingator - the sig is a joke. Did you not notice?? Binary being based based on 2 and of course therefore the joke is therefore that the statement is erroneous. Congratulations dude - you're the first one nerdy enough to notice it and yet not have the nerdish sense of humour to realise it's a joke - you are an anomoly good sir! ;)

Chaosmonkey said:
Despingator - the sig is a joke. Did you not notice?? Binary being based based on 2 and of course therefore the joke is therefore that the statement is erroneous. Congratulations dude - you're the first one nerdy enough to notice it and yet not have the nerdish sense of humour to realise it's a joke - you are an anomoly good sir! ;)
That's because I'm not from systems. I'm an electrical engineer. So please call me Sir GEEK to you!!

Top Bottom