[TW1][tool] Save game editor

+
Hi.When I try to launch the editor, I get the followıng error:Exception during program initializationjava.io.IOException: Unable to determine the installed languageTWEditor.Main.main(Main.java:169)I have the latest game patch and JRE 1.6.Can you help me?Thanks.

FYI, when I tried to modify the shortcut target on a Vista 64bit system, I would get "The name 'javaw' specified in the Target box is not valid" when trying to Apply. This is with Java V6 U7 installed. Just for the hell of it, I tried pointing the shortcut only to TWEditor.jar and it worked beautifully. I fired it up and cheated in a bunch of Talents and all seems fine.For the record, my shortcut target reads simply "C:\Witch Editor\TWEditor.jar" including the quotes. I'm guessing that Vista does some automatic compensating for Java?

mimoguz said:
Hi.When I try to launch the editor, I get the followıng error:Exception during program initializationjava.io.IOException: Unable to determine the installed languageTWEditor.Main.main(Main.java:169)I have the latest game patch and JRE 1.6.Can you help me?Thanks.
I have the exact same problem :(

The editor checks the Windows registry to get the installed language. For some reason, it isn't finding the registry key. For those getting the failure, what version of Windows are you running? I have tested this on 32-bit Windows XP, but other versions might have a different registry organization.You can bypass the registry lookup by specifying the language as part of the editor shortcut. For example, US English is language 3 and would be specified as: javaw -DTW.language=3 -jar "\TWEditor.jar"See the ReadMe for further details.

Yasgur said:
FYI, when I tried to modify the shortcut target on a Vista 64bit system, I would get "The name 'javaw' specified in the Target box is not valid" when trying to Apply. This is with Java V6 U7 installed. Just for the hell of it, I tried pointing the shortcut only to TWEditor.jar and it worked beautifully. I fired it up and cheated in a bunch of Talents and all seems fine.For the record, my shortcut target reads simply "C:\Witch Editor\TWEditor.jar" including the quotes. I'm guessing that Vista does some automatic compensating for Java?
You need to modify the javaw location in the shortcut to match the actual location on your system. Unfortunately, you cannot save a shortcut without an explicit path or with an invalid path. I specify just javaw when I create the sample shortcut, but Windows fills in the actual path when I save the shortcut.I you omit the -Xmx operand, you might get failures since the default Java heap size is 64M, which might be too small depending on the size of your save game.

Yasgur said:
I had the same problem, javaw kept coming up invalid when trying to applying it to my shortcut. So in then end I left it as it was because I could still open and modify saves, then I hit chapter three and started getting the "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space" when attempting to open saves. And I can't modify the heap size either because of javaw not being valid. I can only assume it's a Vista 64 issue.

mouldycrisps said:
I had the same problem, javaw kept coming up invalid when trying to applying it to my shortcut. So in then end I left it as it was because I could still open and modify saves, then I hit chapter three and started getting the "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space" when attempting to open saves. And I can't modify the heap size either because of javaw not being valid. I can only assume it's a Vista 64 issue.
Open the supplied shortcut and remove the path for javaw.exe. Then save the shortcut. Windows should fill in the correct path for you. As mentioned earlier, you need the -Xmx option. Just specifying the jar file as the target will use the default heap size, which is too small.

I uploaded Version 2.0 of the Enhanced Save Game Editor to my work space. This version supports the expanded inventory implemented in the Enhanced Edition. It also allows you to unpack a save, manually modify one or more of the unpacked files, and then repack the save. Thus you can change things that are not directly supported by the save game editor. I also have GFF and ERF utilities on my work space if you need them.

ScripterRon said:
I uploaded Version 2.0 of the Enhanced Save Game Editor to my work space. This version supports the expanded inventory implemented in the Enhanced Edition. It also allows you to unpack a save, manually modify one or more of the unpacked files, and then repack the save. Thus you can change things that are not directly supported by the save game editor. I also have GFF and ERF utilities on my work space if you need them.
Ron Your Saved Game Editor has problems repacking a unpacked save, seems to run out of memory. Even in safe mode.

Acid81 said:
Your Saved Game Editor has problems repacking a unpacked save, seems to run out of memory. Even in safe mode.
Have you increased the Java heap size? This is the -Xmx parameter in the shortcut used to start the editor.

Can't get it to work, is it because i have the Steam version? Maybe create a nice little exe for the next version...? This editor makes me feel stupid.EDIT: I added the language in the shortcut but now I get an error message saying Could Not Create The Java Virtual Machine. I have Java version 6.7 installed.

VincentD said:
Can't get it to work, is it because i have the Steam version? Maybe create a nice little exe for the next version...? This editor makes me feel stupid.EDIT: I added the language in the shortcut but now I get an error message saying Could Not Create The Java Virtual Machine. I have Java version 6.7 installed.
What did you specify for the -Xmx value? If it is too large, Java will not be able to create its virtual machine. The maximum value is dependent on the amount of storage available on your system. Try specifying -Xmx256m and see if that is successful. If it still fails, try -Xmx64m. However, values less than 256mb will probably be too small to process a save game file.

ScripterRon said:
What did you specify for the -Xmx value? If it is too large, Java will not be able to create its virtual machine. The maximum value is dependent on the amount of storage available on your system. Try specifying -Xmx256m and see if that is successful. If it still fails, try -Xmx64m. However, values less than 256mb will probably be too small to process a save game file.
Here's what my shortcut looks likeC:\Windows\System32\javaw.exe -DTW.language=3 -jar"C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\the witcher enhanced edition\TWEditor.jar" -Xmx256mDoesn't work.

VincentD said:
VincentD said:
Here's what my shortcut looks likeC:\Windows\System32\javaw.exe -DTW.language=3 -jar"C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\the witcher enhanced edition\TWEditor.jar" -Xmx256mDoesn't work.
Don't know if that is just a typo, but you are missing a space between -jar and the file path in your shortcut. Also, try specifying -Xmx before -jar (shouldn't make a difference, but you never know). Other than that, I don't know what might be wrong.

thanks scriptorron! this is the 3rd game i've used your editors on. nwn for test building, elder scrolls and now here for just the money. got really dam tired of beign broke from trying to beat guys at poker dice in act two. Thanks again :teeth:

Do you know what the error message "Could not find the main class. Program will close." means? I think I have everything correct. The target path is C:\WINDOWS\system32\javaw.exe -Xmx256m -DTW.install.path="C:\Program Files\The Witcher" -jar "C:\Program Files\The Witcher\TWEditorEnhanced\TWEditor.jar". Is this right? I love your Neverwinter Nights 2 editor and would like to try this one. Thanks

Changleska said:
Do you know what the error message "Could not find the main class. Program will close." means? I think I have everything correct. The target path is C:\WINDOWS\system32\javaw.exe -Xmx256m -DTW.install.path="C:\Program Files\The Witcher" -jar "C:\Program Files\The Witcher\TWEditorEnhanced\TWEditor.jar". Is this right? I love your Neverwinter Nights 2 editor and would like to try this one. Thanks
The error means Java couldn't find the main class in the the .jar file. Try extracting the .jar file again. If you have WinRAR, you can open the .jar file and view the contents to see if the file has been damaged. Also, make sure there aren't any extra characters on the shortcut command following the parameters (Java will use these as the name of the main class)

Top Bottom