[TW1][tool] Save game editor

+
Guys,I am using the save game editor and am chaging my Vitaility from 250 to 600.I load and play the saved game but my Vitality stays at 250.I open up the saved game in the editor and it shows 600.Any ideas why the game is not seeing it as 600?Thanks

So I've been playing around with this for some time and I think I'm pretty close to getting it correct; however, I still have a snag."C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe" -DTW.language=3 -jar C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\the witcher enhanced edition\TWEditor.jar" -Xmx256mThat's the line I've been using and I keep getting the following message."Unable to access jarfile C:\Program"I'm running on 64bit Vista if that makes any difference.I tried this target line at first, but I kept getting an invalid target line from windows.C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe -DTW.language=3 -jar" C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\the witcher enhanced edition\TWEditor.jar" -Xmx256m

Try this:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe" -DTW.language=3 -jar "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\the witcher enhanced edition\TWEditor.jar" -Xmx256mI think you're just missing the quotes here: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\Thanks for posting this snag by the way. Without your post I probably wouldn't have come close to getting this running. :)Just for reference, here's mine (very similar) in case I made any typos in yours:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe" -DTW.language=3 -jar "D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\the witcher enhanced edition\TWEditor.jar" -Xmx256m
Exucartus said:
So I've been playing around with this for some time and I think I'm pretty close to getting it correct; however, I still have a snag."C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe" -DTW.language=3 -jar C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\the witcher enhanced edition\TWEditor.jar" -Xmx256mThat's the line I've been using and I keep getting the following message."Unable to access jarfile C:\Program"I'm running on 64bit Vista if that makes any difference.I tried this target line at first, but I kept getting an invalid target line from windows.C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe -DTW.language=3 -jar" C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\the witcher enhanced edition\TWEditor.jar" -Xmx256m
Oh, and I almost totally forgot my manners. Thanks to you too Ron for creating this program! There's a few expensive books I can't move on without and I'm really tired of playing poker!

It's not working for me. I have 64 - bit OS (vista). I extracted files to Witcher localization and it's says: Localized strings databays C:/Program files.../dalog_5.tlk doesn't exist. But it does!! I tried install this manually with shortcut, but it's says: unable to determine language install. And I have Enhanced Edition of The Witcher, but the game wants me to download the last patch (1.5) witch I already installed. Could every one help me? I have Polish version of game. Thanks

Having been on your website to download the latest version, I am being told v3 is it yet when downloaded and started up it displays v2.1 in the readme and in the software itself. Is v3 avaliable or abandoned, yet you state its is v3 on your web page.I have been running v2.1 quite successfully now for a few months.

I am running the english version of the game from steam, it is the enhanced edition and i do have the java thing installed, i put the TWeditor.jar in my C:/ directory directly, made a shortcut and put in the extention etc. etc. but when i click on the shortcut it says "unable to determine installed language" my computer runs with the operating system in dutch but that shouldnt be a problem seeing as the game is installed in t he english language. why do i get this error?

I am not very good with this so please have some patience with me. Could someone please explain in laymens terms how to set this up. What does it mean "make shortcut to savegame editor" and how do u do it and where exactly do you add the lines mentioned in the read me. Many people read this and it assumes that everyone can understand it but it would be nice to have a step by step walkthrough for us newby's. :-[

I had a lot of trouble getting this to workAssumed it was because I have the Steam version, but all the files you should be using seemed to be in the right place.After like an hour I found some typos in my command lineJust thought I'd post another working example:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe" -Xmx256m -DTW.install.path="I:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\the witcher enhanced edition" -DTW.language=3 -jar TWEditor.jarThere's an example on an earlier page that I copied from, they had a double dash "--" instead of a single dash (for the -jar), and that was breaking it. Also placing a trailing slash at the end of the install path stops it from loading, and no error is displayed.

im an idiot and do not understand any of this i read the readme and what am i editing to make it work? can someone give me step by step instructions

I know it's mentioned elsewhere but I've tried to symplify install instructions. Delete if you feel it's nessassary.right click on the TWeditor and then click on properties, pick the shortcut tab and find target. below this message is what you need to put in the target spot but first you need to change the game location, my game is located on my D:\ drive under Program Files (x86)\ then "the witcher enhanced edition\" just copy the line below and paste it to notepad, then highlight the game location and change to where you have your game installed you may only have to change the drive letter if you installed it to default location. Make sure you delete EVERYTHING from the target line before you add the line below.This is based on having the editor installed (unzipped or unpacked) in the game folder, change drive letters as nessary."D:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe" -DTW.language=3 -jar "D:\Program Files (x86)\the witcher enhanced edition\TWEditor.jar" -Xmx256mHope it works for you. :wave:

Hi,Why I can not affect the 'vitality' and 'endurance'. After I changed values in the editor these two reamins unaffected during the game. All other stats, atributes etc work.

Thank You Creamy Goodness...I took your working code "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe" -Xmx256m -DTW.install.path="C:\Program Files (x86)\The Witcher" -DTW.language=3 -jar TWEditor.jarand tweaked the install path to where I downloaded it (since I own the hard copy), and it worked PERFECTLY

dalfel said:
Hi,Why I can not affect the 'vitality' and 'endurance'. After I changed values in the editor these two reamins unaffected during the game. All other stats, atributes etc work.
I'm having the same problem, and from what i see, it has something to do with the max health/endurance values. If you have 500 health and change the health to 400 and load the save your char will have 400 health, but if you try to get more health than the max t.e 500, it wont work.

I have an error I have yet to see anyone report.Exception during program initializationTWEditor.DBException: File type is not supportedTWEditor.StringsDatabase.readHeader(StringsDatabase.java:78)TWEditor.StringsDatabase.(StringsDatabase.java:50)TWEditor.Main.main(Main.java:205)Due to the weird characters in the file-type, I am attaching an image of the error box. Kinda sucks that the error box can't be copied from.

If you can't get the thing to work then you could always try the trainer, it's hosted on GameBurnWorld.http://www.gameburnworld.com/dl/dl2/dl.php?file=TheWitcherv1.5Trainer.zip

Top Bottom