[TW1][tool] Save game editor

+
I remember you from the NeverWinter game, I used your editors a lot there. I am glad you decided to work on the Witcher game.Ariakas

I can't get it to work - all I get is -"Exception during program initializationjava.io.IOException: Unable to locate localized strings databaseTWEditor.Main.main(Main.java:193)"

Chaosmonkey said:
I can't get it to work - all I get is -"Exception during program initializationjava.io.IOException: Unable to locate localized strings databaseTWEditor.Main.main(Main.java:193)"
The editor is looking for the TLK file. It should be in the Data directory. Do you have a .tlk file there? If so, the game probably isn't detecting the game install path. Do you have a 64-bit OS? I've heard the Windows registry is set up differently on those systems (I have 32-bit Windows XP, so I don't know how it looks on other systems).You can manually provide the install path by specifying the -DTW.install.path option in the shortcut. For example, if you installed the game in "C:\Games\The Witcher" and the editor in "C:\Utilities", the shortcut would look like this: javaw -Xmx256m -DTW.install.path="C:\Games\The Witcher" -jar "C:\Utilities\TWEditor.jar"Don't forget to enclose the file names in double quotes. I'll update the ReadMe with this information.

There seems to be a problem with Axii sign - can give it to yourself and shows up in the sidebar , but then you have no points in the skill or way of adding to it.

Chaosmonkey said:
There seems to be a problem with Axii sign - can give it to yourself and shows up in the sidebar , but then you have no points in the skill or way of adding to it.
That probably means I have the wrong internal mnemonic for Axii. I'm still in Chapter 1 on my replay, so I just have Aard and Igni for development purposes. I'll see if I can figure out what is needed for the Axii sign.

Version 1.2 uploaded to my work space with the following fixes:
  • Save intermittently failing due to an open input stream
  • Axii sign handled incorrectly (internal game code is 'Axi' and not 'Axii')

Great tool, works neat. Just a minor bug: when you use "Detailed list" in "Open..."-dialog to open a save, the column for "Modified date" displays the file type, not the date (at least on my swedish comp). Not a show-stopper, I know, but if you want a perfect product... ;)

Fiskrens said:
Great tool, works neat. Just a minor bug: when you use "Detailed list" in "Open..."-dialog to open a save, the column for "Modified date" displays the file type, not the date (at least on my swedish comp). Not a show-stopper, I know, but if you want a perfect product... ;)
It does the same thing for me. Unfortunately, this appears to be a bug in the JFileChooser class (part of the Java runtime). There should be File Type and Date Modified columns. If you go up a level and then select 'saves' again, it displays correctly. It looks like the extremely long file type (TheWitcherSave) is throwing off the columns.

Is it possible to gain access to the other details from "witcher_atr_abl.lua" or luc. This would enable on the fly editing of difficulty - dodge mod, parry mod, EP and VP regen etc. Obviously after initial character creation these get stored in the save file. Would make this tool even more useful. (Not that I don't already love it. Great work!)

ScripterRon! This is downright AMAZING! Nice job! I've got an idea for an addition that might be easy and very helpful -Several people (myself included) have trapped themselves in CH 3 as a Dice Poker Novice. How about adding a panel for the minigames like Fighting & Dice Poker so you can advance your level? Thanks again, great tool!

Chaosmonkey said:
Is it possible to gain access to the other details from "witcher_atr_abl.lua" or luc. This would enable on the fly editing of difficulty - dodge mod, parry mod, EP and VP regen etc. Obviously after initial character creation these get stored in the save file. Would make this tool even more useful. (Not that I don't already love it. Great work!)
I don't know anything about .lua or .luc files.

tattooedbones said:
ScripterRon! This is downright AMAZING! Nice job! I've got an idea for an addition that might be easy and very helpful -Several people (myself included) have trapped themselves in CH 3 as a Dice Poker Novice. How about adding a panel for the minigames like Fighting & Dice Poker so you can advance your level? Thanks again, great tool!
I suspect that is dependent on the current quest stage. That is an area that I haven't explored yet (I'm guessing that quests involves the .qst files that are in the save). I'll see what can be done to provide a quest editor function, although advancing a quest stage outside of the game might not work since any associated scripts wouldn't be run. I really liked Oblivion in this respect because its console support let you advance quest stages within the game (great for getting past bugs and other oversights).

Attached my witcher.lua file so you can see. It contains all the opening stats for Geralt and is only called upon starting the new game. After that it is written into the save file and if I had to take a guess it should be co-habiting with the other attributes you are finding. Is the file which sets the difficulty of the game - damage multiplier et

Don't work with my saves (russian localization) :wall: save file structure is not validsave does not contain save_******.smmHelp please... ::)

Artemidon said:
Don't work with my saves (russian localization) :wall:save file structure is not validsave does not contain save_******.smmHelp please... ::)
The SMM file contains control information for the save and is used to locate the proper SAV file (although I've only seen a single SAV file per save). It is possible they changed the internal file names for the different languages (they certainly changed the area names). Can you start a new character, save the game at the beginning of the prolog, and then send me the save file (this should keep the file as small as possible). Send it to Ronald.Hoffman6@gmail.com.

Top Bottom