TW1 with REDKit ?

+
TW1 with REDKit ?

As the topic title suggests, has anyone tried to create TW1 with REDKit ?
I just know that one our greatest modder "Benzenzimmern" has created act 1.
Devs will surly help with in-game data extraction. but since I'm not a modder, is there any technical difficulty that would prevent this ?
modifying skill tree and potions should also be possible in order to make it more like TW1.

I doubt it works. After all Redkit was made for Red engine. Besides whats the point TW1 already has Djinni with a lot of tutorials

EliphastheInheritor said:
I doubt it works. After all Redkit was made for Red engine. Besides whats the point TW1 already has Djinni with a lot of tutorials

I meant creating TW1 with RED engine and better visual.

BlackLeopard said:
I just know that one our greatest modder "Benzenzimmern" has created act 1.

I don't think he did, he just remade a point with a screenshot that ressembles to TW1.

BlackLeopard said:
Devs will surly help with in-game data extraction. but since I'm not a modder, is there any technical difficulty that would prevent this ?

Unless D'Jinni has 3D model export capatibilities or you can ripoff the 3D models and have them in 3ds Max somehow it's not possible.
Besides the models are probably too lowpoly for TW2 standards.

BlackLeopard said:
modifying skill tree and potions should also be possible in order to make it more like TW1.

Flash did it with FCR2 so that's possible.

Just let it go. It wouldn't be the same game anymore anyway.

Its a great game and there is absolutely no need for a remake.

I actually only created a very small part of Act 1 for a screenshot for fun purposes, but I guess recreating the level itself wouldn't take long - the problem is all the rest. Quests, the actual npcs, dialogue, etc. This would take a dedicated person or even team. I think if The Witcher 1 will ever be recreated, then most likely with the technology of The Witcher 3.

Yeah, recreating the whole game is a huge project. Do you mean CDPR should do that? I highly doubt any modders can pull through such a thing in their spare time.

Yet another "remake TW1 thread". Let it go, the game is fine, visually and combat wise, and everyone has moved on to different things.

TW3 content will keep CDPR and modders occupied for the next couple of years, and CDPR probably has its hands full for the foreseeable future with CP2077.

I wouldn´t mind witcher 1 as it is (love that art style and graphics much more than witcher 2 even if it is 3 or 4 years older!) only with combat system from witcher 2. I like that original combat style, but everytime I play it, I think about how suberb it would be with that new fighting.

blackstaggshredder said:
I wouldn't mind witcher 1 as it is (love that art style and graphics much more than witcher 2 even if it is 3 or 4 years older!)

Exactly
TW1 is an excellent game. impressive in story, theme, locations, artwork, . . .
everything is really great. but that doesn't mean it cannot be greater. have you tried imagining all those nicely designed places and landscapes with RED engine ?

About the combat system, TW1 combat is smooth and nice. playing it with TW2 combat system would just be a new experience not an improvement.

Top Bottom