TW1EE dose not work after installing TW2EE, can anyone help?

+
TW1EE dose not work after installing TW2EE, can anyone help?

Ive tried several times and always with the same results, after i installed the patch for the Witcher 2 enhanced edition my witcher 1 stopped working, fact is it dosent even launch.
help please. Thanks.

I have the same issue.

A dialog window named Launcher with the letters "bkg" without the quotes and an OK button inside the dialog. Click on the OK button and nothing happens.

MDA

This was an issue when the game first released last year . Example would be that if you uninstalled witcher 2 witcher 1 would be missing some registry entries as well and a few had issues that if you uninstalled witcher 1 then witcher 2 wouldn`t work anymore .
The best i can remember the solution was to uninstall both games then install witcher 2 up to the latest patch then install witcher 1 and update it if it isn`t already up to date .

If you want the witcher 1 up to date with the latest patch and witcher 2 up to date with 3.0(EE) then follow the link .
http://www.gog.com/en/witcher2/backup/

Wynbleidd said:
Ive tried several times and always with the same results, after i installed the patch for the Witcher 2 enhanced edition my witcher 1 stopped working, fact is it dosent even launch.
help please. Thanks.
don't use the launcher(s), just start witcher.exe or witcher2.exe, does that work?

Starting from witcher.exe worked for me, however I crashed shortly afterward, during an area transition.

May just try re-installing later.

Thanks,

MDA

MichaelDarkAngel said:
Starting from witcher.exe worked for me, however I crashed shortly afterward, during an area transition.
do attach the file ERRLOG.TXT from The Witcher/System folder ( if the game crashed )

If this is after Leo's funeral you can just hit ESC until you skip the whole cutscene, this might help on any cutscene/video transition anyway

LicaonKter said:
do attach the file ERRLOG.TXT from The Witcher/System folder ( if the game crashed )

Thought I would give it another shot to see if it was just a freak thing, but the crash happened in the exact same spot. Transitioning from the Kaer Morhen Interior to Kaer Morhen Exterior during the mission to find a potion for Triss.

Log file attached.

Thanks,

MDA

MichaelDarkAngel said:
Thought I would give it another shot to see if it was just a freak thing, but the crash happened in the exact same spot. Transitioning from the Kaer Morhen Interior to Kaer Morhen Exterior during the mission to find a potion for Triss.
get your free version from GoG and retest: http://www.gog.com/en/witcher2/backup/

Top Bottom