TW2 - Assassins of Kings "leaked footage"

+
TW2 - Assassins of Kings "leaked footage"

the voices are still placeholders, but what i saw looked gorgeous :)only thing shocking is the use of quick time events. the worlds biggest excuse for bad combat design is QTEs.apart from that, like what i see (maybe a little less hyberbolic commentary)....http://kotaku.com/5362182/the-witcher-2-debut-trailer

This info must have just broke. Not much discussion on it right now. Only 1 thread with about 7 posts over at GoG too. Guess I'll head over to TES forums at see if they now over there.

I should've known better to check the board before bed - now I'm waaaay too excited to even think about sleeping! It looks fantastic - the graphics, AI, combatl though I'm not too keen on QTE's (or the new hairstyle, but eh, it's still Geralt, so I don't have any room to complain.) Cannot wait to see more!

i feel so disappointed that this was leaked before rise of the white wolf...guess i shouldn't since this game is for PC gamers first.*sigh*

What a good time to start an account here :D Finally some info. Pity it's just a leak. I would expect something more spectacular, but... what the heck Geralt is back!!!EDIT:YouTube has it as well - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JciyoGmnGyo

Only one word can describe this:EPIC!Huge improvements on the art style and graphical department and also the combat with the clever use of mouse placement.Best news this year imo.We need more Geralt...oh and i love his new haircut XD.

Oh my..! One of the most favorite RPGs of my life, if not the best one is getting a sequel. Great news! I'm so excited.

Really great, I`m absolutely positively amazed. However I beg of CD Project, please change the haircut of Geralt..... This Topknot with the braid look ridiculous...... If its on the top side of the head......Why not keep the old haircut wih the hair flowing free ??L.

Nice to see what is in the works for The Witcher. It looks like they're using the same engine too, so hopefully a lot of the modding knowledge will carry over.

I'm watching this film for the hundreth time, and I'm thinking. Isn't this assassin the one from The Witcher final scene? Or a very similar one.

Please CDProjekt, don't increase hardware requirements too much. :(Allowing the same requirements for The Witcher 1 would be great, considering the first game was not so much optimized (huge slowdowns even with powerful hardware).Please please...

I'm really happy to see finally new info and media about The Witcher 2. I'm very anxious to playing the game.. although I'm afarid we have to wait one year more at least.I was very worried about the possibility CDProjekt RED changed the game to a more "console game style". Hopefully not, the game looks very similar to The Witcher 1. But I'm wondering one thing.. will have The Witcher 2 the possibility to import our The Witcher 1 saves to continue the game with the decisions we made? (like Mass Effect 2)It would be great.Now CD Projekt RED keep the good work.

CDP has issued a press release:
“Of course, we can’t and won’t try to deny the facts. The movie that appeared on the various sites yesterday presents our newest project, The Witcher 2, which we’ve been working on for some time. We made something about half year ago, to present the first playable version of the game.” said Adam Kiciński, CEO of CD Projekt RED. “Currently we are looking for a potential publisher (or publishers) for this title, and this leak is an uncontrolled side effect of that process. For today, we are not commenting on anything that concerns the game itself.”More information about The Witcher 2 will be unveiled alongside the official announcement.

whatever, the only thing troubling is 3 letters: QTEthis is not an innovation, it's an old feature equally hated or ignored but never loved, I would dare say: a step backif you do QTEs do it GOW style where your actions start a QTE and you can control when and have different branches but this is aint nice.

*drooling alot*Hope that the gerald will have same voice actor as on first Witcher.. he's so yum =)

QTE?Jesusmaryandjoseph... :mad:Seriously, one of the worst things that can be done to this game. This is what killed Indigo Prophecy.

I am not to thrilled for the QTE. Although, my reaction time is slow. So, that could be it. Yet, my husband told me an interesting point. The cinematics could be more dramatic using a QTE. Like the ending of God of War 2.

Darksavior said:
The cinematics could be more dramatic using a QTE. Like the ending of God of War 2.
Yeah - in an action game. But in RPG? A big NO, just a cheap excuse for a good combat system.

Top Bottom