TW2 Enhanced Edition - fps drops/ stutter when opening menu interfaces

+
So I'm running this game on 60 fps at all times no issues - however whenever I open an interface (journal, inventory, maps etc) there is an fps drop of around 3-4fps, and then it picks up again.
The worst ones are accessing meditation through the quick menu and character ability screen when it drops to around 45 fps for a second and then back to 60fps - but this is very noticeable and quite annoying!
Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and found a work-around?

I've tried moving the game from my HDD to my SSD but the difference is negligible.

Small FPS drops like the ones you mentioned are not that unusual. What are your system specifications? Are you using any TW2 mods? Did you try changing the vsync settings in the game, in some cases that can help.

Yes, I'm using a zero weight mod but the problem has been there since beforehand. Not entirely sure what a fix could be but I have read that the early Witcher games are not optimised the best. V-Sync has been turned off in-game but forced through RivaTuner and Nvidia control panel, cinematic DOF, ubersampling & SSAO all turned off.

System:
Win 10
i7 6700k
8GB RAM
GTX 980Ti

Did you overclock anything on your PC? That's also something that can be an issue.
You could try older NVIDIA driver versions.

In general, there's probably not that much you can do about the FPS drops - other than experimenting with the InGame settings.
But maybe someone else has an idea.

Seems interesting that you only see it when transitioning in/out of the menus...

Normally, I'd go off on my regular blurb about in-game and GPU settings, but frankly, if you're seeing smooth play (no hitching or microstuttering) at 60 FPS in the actual gameworld, I'd take that.

Opening the menus and populating the screen with data is a CPU-intensive process, so I'd start there. My initial thought would be Windows Security or an anti-virus program interfering and bogging things down whenever the game wants to access certain files / folders.

1.) Did you install it anywhere under Program Files or Program Files(x86)?

2.) Have you added the game to the exceptions list for your anti-virus, firewall, etc.?

3.) Ensure that the ...Documents\The Witcher 3\... folder has its Permissions set to "Everyone".

4.) How long have you been playing this, particular playthrough? (Number of hours.)

Top Bottom