TW2 GOG version

+
archaven said:
The DLC items would still not be in the game. It means that the NPC merchant DLC will sell rare items where it can only be obtainable through hard quests. Only the NPC merchant DLC is negligible. The items he/she sells will not make any difference as it would still be available in the game through 'hard quest'
Whatthe...whoo? What are you talking about?We just established, that the items that DLC NPC would sell, are also obtainable through quests. NOT the items of the other DLC's. What else did you mean to say?

DelightfulMcCoy said:
DelightfulMcCoy said:
The DLC items would still not be in the game. It means that the NPC merchant DLC will sell rare items where it can only be obtainable through hard quests. Only the NPC merchant DLC is negligible. The items he/she sells will not make any difference as it would still be available in the game through 'hard quest'
Whatthe...whoo? What are you talking about?We just established, that the items that DLC NPC would sell, are also obtainable through quests. NOT the items of the other DLC's. What else did you mean to say?
Yeah that is what i meant. The NPC merchant DLC is negligible. Withouth the NPC merchant, the items that the merchant sells can still be obtainable through 'hard' quests. But other DLC items would still not available in the game if the correct version of the game is not purchased. That is what i meant.

i thought about getting the GOG edition but i still think i will go with the usual boxed edition. i want to DVD so it will be easiest for me to reinstall the game later on if i need to. and also i DO NOT want my game to be automatically patched as well for the same reasons stated here before. also certain games have mods that only work on certain patches. i refrained from updating GTAIV to patch 5, 6 or 7 because i loved mods that were available on patch 4 only. i wish i had a greater feeling of support when buying the normal boxed version though, but im doing my share.

topeira said:
i thought about getting the GOG edition but i still think i will go with the usual boxed edition. i want to DVD so it will be easiest for me to reinstall the game later on if i need to.
But the thing is: you can have a backup of the game on your harddrive or burn it to dvd, if you buy from GOG. If you buy retail, you will have to additionally download a withheld chunk of the game, that is not on the dvd you buy. So I wouldn't say the installation from disc is easier.
and also i DO NOT want my game to be automatically patched...
The patch function will be the same for retail and GOG. I don't think it will force you to update, like Steam, but I can't say for sure. The information we have as of now, states that there will be no standalone patches, you will only be able to patch your game through the game. For both retail and digital version.I hope this will help you make your decision and not be surprised afterwards. :)

DelightfulMcCoy said:
DelightfulMcCoy said:
i thought about getting the GOG edition but i still think i will go with the usual boxed edition. i want to DVD so it will be easiest for me to reinstall the game later on if i need to.
But the thing is: you can have a backup of the game on your harddrive or burn it to dvd, if you buy from GOG. If you buy retail, you will have to additionally download a withheld chunk of the game, that is not on the dvd you buy. So I wouldn't say the installation from disc is easier.
and also i DO NOT want my game to be automatically patched...
The patch function will be the same for retail and GOG. I don't think it will force you to update, like Steam, but I can't say for sure. The information we have as of now, states that there will be no standalone patches, you will only be able to patch your game through the game. For both retail and digital version.I hope this will help you make your decision and not be surprised afterwards. :)
Even with the steam version you can turn off automatic updates, since it is a single player game you will not be forced to update to play the game. Steam only forces updates on MP games, cause you always have to have to latest patch to play on the MP servers.

Like some already said it's just a DLC of an item. It's not like you will miss a vital part of the story or area's of the world in the game. Nor will play as a handicapped (no offence) Geralt, because you miss some rare equipment.As far as I know the DRM is solely for the purpose of people not obtaining the game illegaly before the release date. So in my eyes it's not useless or nonsense. As for your internet connection, you are the only one here who can judge whether your internet connection is good enough to allow the game to be downloaded and patched.

i dont like it when a game DLs a patch for me. sometimes there are problems with these kinda methods. i had to go through hell to DL patches for Bad company 2 and Assassins creed 2. the auto patcher got locked up on me and it was slow. when i can DL teh patch myself i have control over it. also, Burning a 7GB game on a DVD requires a special DVD which i dont have. buying a pack of these dual layers will coast me more than what i save from buying via GOG. it certain occasions i reinstall older games. it's great when they are all stored in my closet. comfortable. i wouldnt want to do it another way. i havent given up on GOG because a lot of what i decide has to do with the price of the game in my own country.

Thsccks said:
Like some already said it's just a DLC of an item. It's not like you will miss a vital part of the story or area's of the world in the game. Nor will play as a handicapped (no offence) Geralt, because you miss some rare equipment.
What are you referring to? Is there a little mix up with two different things or do I misunderstand something? Because the chunk of data you have to download for the retail version is a part of the game. You will not be able to finish the installation and play the game without that, it's not a goodie.
Thsccks said:
i dont like it when a game DLs a patch for me. sometimes there are problems with these kinda methods.
I only informed you that the updating process will be the same with digital and retail, since you said it was your reason not to purchase digital. You didn't mention the price issue before.You're welcome.

DelightfulMcCoy said:
What are you referring to? Is there a little mix up with two different things or do I misunderstand something? Because the chunk of data you have to download for the retail version is a part of the game. You will not be able to finish the installation and play the game without that, it's not a goodie.
Aren't you confused with DRM and DLC? I'm also not refering to the DLC called patches. I'm talking about the stuff that isn't included in the GOG version. Like the suits, packs and the vendor which are included in the normal premium and collectors edition version. Which the OP made this thread for..See this thread for what I'm refering to: http://tw2.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=28407.0

Thsccks said:
Aren't you confused with DRM and DLC?
That was what I was asking you. Because it wasn't evident what you were referring to. You didn't indicate the thread you were talking about before and it didn't quite fit with what was posted directly before, so I asked.

DelightfulMcCoy said:
DelightfulMcCoy said:
Aren't you confused with DRM and DLC?
That was what I was asking you. Because it wasn't evident what you were referring to. You didn't indicate the thread you were talking about before and it didn't quite fit with what was posted directly before, so I asked.
I wasn't replying to the post before or that particular subject otherwise I would have quoted some of it.But next time I'll try to be more specific and clear.

I pre order from GOG I don't think I will miss the DLC items unless they have pretty cool looking textures for some of the jackets. At least we get the art-book which is I think is still a nice trade off for pre ordering and supporting the developers. I don't mind having an automatic updater for future patch my main PC is always connected to the internet so it makes no difference to me.

I wish I could already transfer the money! I preordered the game like 6 months ago...Please CDPR, just take my money already..

eskiMoe said:
I wish I could already transfer the money! I preordered the game like 6 months ago...Please CDPR, just take my money already..
Ahem... If ya need someone to hold your money for you so that it doesn't burn a hole in your pocket I'd be more than happy to accomodate you ;)

freakie1one said:
Ahem... If ya need someone to hold your money for you so that it doesn't burn a hole in your pocket I'd be more than happy to accomodate you ;)
I'd be even more than happy to give you my money and a plus in exachange for the game. And even for just some additional hours at the 16th May previous the official release. Deal?

Top Bottom